Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

DD also mentioned how beautiful Macy's display was after watching on TV. Sorry I missed it.

Melissa - We all care about you and my DD is also trapped in a job she hates. This economic time is hurting sooooo many ppl. Loved the advice to leave it @ work and come home to recharge and renew. Can you find a hobby to have something to look forward to? The old stand-by (exercise) will also help to release stress and support your wl.

Annybear - you are starting a new life and an exciting journey to health. So much great info here to help you along the way.

Going to a movie today "Get me to the Greek" with DD. Hear it is funny.

Cool and rainy here today.

Hey everyone, hope you all had a great 4th... Ours was good..........................

Melissa, I feel just like the others who have written to you.... Use us to vent your feelings.....get them out....it may help your stress levels..... It's never fun to go to a bad job... I remember one that I cried all the way to work and then again on the way home.... I vowed to never have a job like that again... I've been lucky to have that happen and then to retire early and just be a housewife...... You can make it and you can not eat yourself fat again..... Try to calm down and breathe more often..... No one can do it but you..... You are in charge... Just don't let those people get to you..... Who are they to you anyway..... Just a bunch of selfish co-workers that you don't need in your life.... Leave them at work and let your home be your sanctuary where you refresh and get strong....... And let us help.... Hugs and prayers for you....

Julie

Melissa - We all care about you and my DD is also trapped in a job she hates. This economic time is hurting sooooo many ppl. Loved the advice to leave it @ work and come home to recharge and renew. Can you find a hobby to have something to look forward to? The old stand-by (exercise) will also help to release stress and support your wl.

Thanks ladies My hobby is Knitting I want exercise to be my go to but I get so down I can't get out of the door. Oh and the people that give me a hard time is my boss more than my coworkers. i believe she wants me to fail because she keeps piling and piling work on me. One day she said let me know if I give you to much and come to me and cry Uncle. That is an HR issue but she has them wrapped around her finger she keeps saying I know I can do this job she believes in me. Which is insane because I do do the job I just have to work alot of crazy overtime to do it so I do not lose my job. OMG I hate it

Annybear...welcome. Don't push the mushies....although the liquids do get boring, you need time to heal and the liquids facilitate that. Also, my doc let me swim as soon as the incisions were closed...as long as it wasn't too strenuous. You need to follow your doctors advise..it's one of the most important tips anyone on this thread will give you. Good luck on your journey.

Wow, yesterday ended up being a larger party than I expected. I expected 10-12 people and ended up with 20 not counting DH and myself. It was lots of fun, but I'm really tired today. Didn't get to bed until midnight and DH got up early to go bike riding (the peddle type) and of course that woke me up. Robbie (step-son) is asleep on the couch still. Ah the ability of a 17 year old to sleep through anything. Of course he says he was awake...yeah..right.

I got the washing machine going this morning and it works great. We will have to move the Water retention tank to a higher spot to get the gravity feed going a little better, but so far so good. I won't be able to to do 2 full loads without draining it...scary how much water I've been dumping down the drain. When this washer craps out, I'll be looking for one of the HE ones.

Sounds like most everyone had a good 4th. Have a wonderful day off and I'll check back later.

Eva

I have some questions about the full liquid week - can you mix one of the ready made EAS protien drinks with anything like yogurt or extracts or Peanut Butter? I have only one more day of Clear Liquids and am looking forward to some variety with the full liquids. Any suggestions?

I have lost about 10 lbs. Is that too much too fast?

Everyone loses differently and what most find, even if it is fast now, it will slow down at some point later. Don't let that get you down because it's normal, just be prepared for it. Follow your doctor's advise to the T...if he/she says stay on full liquids, then don't mix it with anything. If you can't get through the week of liquids, you might ended up struggling later...it's only a week. Hang in there, you can do it.

Hi everyone. Melissa, your job sounds like the last one I had in LA --I used to have to work at least 20 hours overtime the week before vacation and an extra 20 the week I returned -- in many ways it's a compliment that your boss wants only you to do the work - but believe me when you leave that job she'll adjust -- she'll have to do some of it or get HR to find other people to help her new assistant -- so you need to go to her and say, "I can't do this any longer -- it's affecting my HEALTH (which is NOT a lie -- weight gain is a big part of your health) and my FAMILY life -- and I can't work this much overtime so WE have to find a solution. If you make it "we" instead of "you" she should be more receptive. You should also suggest that the two of you work it out with someone from HR attending the meeting. If you're afrraid to do this, then please go to someone in HR and tell them you need a solution to the problem. You are a valuable employee that they won't want to lose. You really have nothing to lose at this point - if this will fix the problem then you're all set -- no more problem - if it doesn't fix it then you're in no worse shape than before and you can still be looking for a different job. If you keep going this way you'll end up just walking out one day and with this economy the way it is that would definitely be very harmful to your family. You owe it to yourself and your family to get this fixed. I wish I could come and do it for you -- would be your spokesperson if I could -- just take a deep breath. You've worked too hard to let this problem ruin your health again.

Anny -- I used to put fruit in my shakes when I was on full liquids -- like strawberries or bananas and a little yogurt made it creamier -- ask your doctor first though. I'm sure that's allowable. You can also use flavorings which works well too. You're doing great -- but stay off the scale -- at least for the first few weeks -- the first six weeks after surgery is not about weight loss - it's about healing -- the last thing you need to do is stress yourself out about "only losing this amount of weight" this week -- take a break from the scale and then when you weigh in at your surgeons for your 6 week check up it can be a big surprise -- that's what I did - I stayed off the scales until then -- and I wasn't disappointed.

Okay everyone, I'm home from the gym, took my shower and ate a bite - now it's time to watch a movie with DH. Love being off today!! Yippee!!

CBL

Linda

To tell the truth money is very tight right now so I did not even consider flying to Vegas. I don't know why I let people beat me down(at work) I guess I am afraid to lose my job My husband has his own extermination business and we would need another full time employee to get group health benefits so in tuen, I hold all the health benefits. If I lost them we could not pay the cobra charges (this happened before at it was 800 a month for a family of 3, plus house pymts and so on) I feel so stressed all the time, I try to write my feelings down but not all the time. I feel like a failure. I am 34 working at a stupid job I hate. I have skills but no jobs out there that I can find. And my Mom keeps telling me no matter where you go you will still have to deal with the same people (sometimes she can be a negative Nancy, which drives me up the wall) So in turn I feel down since I work with her and my Aunt. UGGGG

So everyome said get on here and post so I am going to type how I feel and things will get better for me.

Thanks ladies My hobby is Knitting I want exercise to be my go to but I get so down I can't get out of the door. Oh and the people that give me a hard time is my boss more than my coworkers. i believe she wants me to fail because she keeps piling and piling work on me. One day she said let me know if I give you to much and come to me and cry Uncle. That is an HR issue but she has them wrapped around her finger she keeps saying I know I can do this job she believes in me. Which is insane because I do do the job I just have to work alot of crazy overtime to do it so I do not lose my job. OMG I hate it

Melissa, your mom isn't your boss is she? That presents a whole nother dynamic. Linda has some very valuable advice. Sometimes we think we have no options, my DD is in a similar boat at her job. However after some encouragement from us she went to HR and used the word harrassment and that got their attention and things are improving for her.

Hi everyone. Melissa, your job sounds like the last one I had in LA --I used to have to work at least 20 hours overtime the week before vacation and an extra 20 the week I returned -- in many ways it's a compliment that your boss wants only you to do the work - but believe me when you leave that job she'll adjust -- she'll have to do some of it or get HR to find other people to help her new assistant -- so you need to go to her and say, "I can't do this any longer -- it's affecting my HEALTH (which is NOT a lie -- weight gain is a big part of your health) and my FAMILY life -- and I can't work this much overtime so WE have to find a solution. If you make it "we" instead of "you" she should be more receptive. You should also suggest that the two of you work it out with someone from HR attending the meeting. If you're afrraid to do this, then please go to someone in HR and tell them you need a solution to the problem. You are a valuable employee that they won't want to lose. You really have nothing to lose at this point - if this will fix the problem then you're all set -- no more problem - if it doesn't fix it then you're in no worse shape than before and you can still be looking for a different job. If you keep going this way you'll end up just walking out one day and with this economy the way it is that would definitely be very harmful to your family. You owe it to yourself and your family to get this fixed. I wish I could come and do it for you -- would be your spokesperson if I could -- just take a deep breath. You've worked too hard to let this problem ruin your health again.

Linda

Melissa, your mom isn't your boss is she? That presents a whole nother dynamic. Linda has some very valuable advice. Sometimes we think we have no options, my DD is in a similar boat at her job. However after some encouragement from us she went to HR and used the word harrassment and that got their attention and things are improving for her.

No my Mom is not my boss she is an Admin like me just in another dept. Also I tried the HR meeting but nothing has been getting any better. I guess I need to try the next step with the harrassment cause she is still doing that.

Hoping everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Mine was very nice, I had Alyssa for 3 days. Took her to have her picture made, and we went shopping alot. She helps keep my mind occupied and not think about what lies ahead.

I'm still struggling with the wt loss. I go back to see the Dr the 17th so hopefully I can get some put back in.

I've been battling terrible headaches every single day. Last night I had one that was so bad I started throwing up and go blurry vision. Its been going on now for several months, I believe its tension, but....I think I may need to see a Dr soon and see if something else is going on in this crazy head of mine...lol

The Las Vegas trip sounds so nice to me right now. I would love to get away from all the stress here, but next year plan on seeing me there !!!

I'm on vacation next week...no big plans, just get nails and pedicute, hair cut and new high lights. Taking 10 yr old granddaughter to see Avatar at the Omni Theatre. sleep late...lol

tty all soon....xoxoxo pj

Pam - you are doing great. Making wonderful choices with all the stress in your life. Enjoying GD and taking care of yourself.

Rest, relax and enjoy your vacation. Next year will find you in a whole new place in life.

Good idea to see your personal physician to assess. You are facing so many changes right now.

Janet - welcome back - enjoyed pix on FB pg your weekend with Lucky 7's. What a beautiful setting for the get-to-gather.

Morning everyone...hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend.

It's off to work for me again. I didn't win the lottery....darn.

We watched 7 episodes of Tru Bloood yesterday....1st season. Stayed up too late too, so my back side is dragging today.

Hope you have a good Tuesday.

Eva

Back to my normal color since the 4th is over. Today I am going to venture downtown. I saw in the paper this weekend advertisement for a bariatric surgery seminar for a couple surgeons downtown. One of them happens to be the dr my surgeon recommended so I thought by attending the seminar I could get a feel if I liked this doc. I don't really want to completely switch to a new dr. my plan was to still go back to Denver and see mine but thought I should have someone here in case of complications or something came up. While I am down there I know there is a Loft store, that's all I am saying. LOL

Hope Janet and Phyl are back home safe and sound, I saw some pics on Facebook of their gathering and looks like a great time, though Janet looked like she was freezing.

Have a great day. Missing so many of you!

Lori,

Think I seen a Loft store in that Gateway complex. lol

Laura K

That's where I am heading! I've been by it and never to it. I used to know my way around downtown really well but it's totally changed so am a little nervous about the driving and more so the parking. All my favorite places to park are gone and that Gateway complex didn't exist last time I lived here.

Pam, good to hear from you -- sorry to hear about your headaches. I don't get Migraines but yours sound like what I've always heard about migraines. Hope you can get some relief from your doctor and hope you can find a way to reduce your stress. I know it's hard. Hope you enjoy your vacatio this week and I'm sure spending tie with your GD will be wonderful. Enjoy the movie - I loved it.

Lori, yes, I agree your plan to attend the seminar sounds like a good one -- and having someone local for emergencies will make you feel more secure. I'd want that too if it were me. And yes, I agree, rewarding yourself afterwards by going to the AT Loft store will be perfect -- lol. I meant to tell you last time I posted how smart you are to buy cheaper furniture to fit into your new homes -- really so smart when you know you won't be staying there long term. I know my furniture is getting old but I won't be spending big money on it when I replace it either - hoping to be out of here within 8 years and hopefully much SOONER!! I agree -- the pics on FB Janet looked like she was absolutely shivering -- poor thing -- that's how I feel much of the time - and it's so hard to get warm when you're cold. I just laughed so hard seeing the mittens/gloves on their hands -- looked more like October or November than July. But they looked like they were having fun.

Melissa, hope you didn't mind me butting in and offering advice -- I just know how hard it is to be "stuck" in that situation and what I've learned (in old age) is that we can only do what we can do and no more and it isn't fair for bosses (especially) to make demands on us that are unreasonable and it sounds like that is what is happening in your situation. I've had similar experiences, always worrying if I didn't do the overtime I'd be fired, but then after I'd leave a job find out the new person just flat out refused to do it and they scrambled to take care of the problem by hiring more help or passing around some of the work. I do think if YOU go to HR and specifically say the following phrase "my job responsibilities are AFFECTING MY HEALTH" you will get some results -- they will be afraid of a lawsuit or a worker's comp claim. If you are similar to me (when I was younger) I'd be all stressed out but then I'd act like it was "nothing" to my boss and/or HR people. You need to be honest for your own sake and make sure you get this situation under control - it IS affecting your health and your mental well being and soon it will affect your family as well. I just hope you know that I really do understand your situation and offer suggestions only from the perspective of someone who's been there and done that and now at 58 years old I know it wasn't worth it and wasn't even necessary!! Hugs to you and I hope you'll figure out a way to fix the problem.

Eva, lol on watching 7 episodes in one day -- we've done that with shows on dvd also - it's a fun way to spend the holiday (especially when it's raining). I hate to admit it but we finally watched a movie we've had from Netflix since March - never had time to watch it until yesterday -- finally got it watched!! Guess maybe I should cancel my membership and I don't seem to have time to watch movies? I think that means I watch too much tv on TIVO.

CBL gotta get some work done.

Linda

Edited by ljv52

Drive by - just to let you all know home safe & sound - at work so you know how that goes when you been gone a couple of days...

Will post tonite and upload pics ..

Had a great time !!!