Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Gang

Here's some pics !!! Including the one from the airport - Phyl & Candice were so cute !!!!

My 1st July 4th where I was freezing...

Ha, ha, Ha!! You should have SEEN Janets face, when she realized WE were waiting for HER!!! She says "Oh my, you arn't gonna start singing OH Canada are you??"

:thumbup:

Lori - EQ was only a 5.4 - I was in the car on the way to the gym so didn't feel it - 5.4 is nothing - 6 pointer and above are shakers even when we had a 6.5 back in 92 here it just knocked a few things off the tables - the epicenter was in Landers - about 50 NW from me - They had some damage mostly older bldgs and mobile homes that are on jacks fell off..

Charlene ;0)

Yep eating too much healthy food = even Protein isn't good.

It really is all about the lifestyle - We can never ever go back to eating like we use to or want to.. Once that thought sticks in our heads it is easier.. I don't struggle too much any more - But again you all know how often I go to the gym and I am a big beleiver in that - if you want to eat that cupcake - you gotta hit the gym - I exercise 3-4 days a week and hr each session..

I had some cake and fudge this weekend - but really didn't over do it - heck one nite I just had some veggies for dinner - wasn't really hungry - so ate what I wanted and left it at that.. - scales were fine - but even if they weren't - I'm back home eating healthy - BF Light cheese 50 cal - crackers (gluten free) 120 cal - lunch Fish 100 - salad 150 - dinner will be fish & veggies.. Had gym today - again Saturday - back to my lifestyle - will most likely skip any treats this weekend to clean my system of the sugar..

Lori - EQ was only a 5.4 - I was in the car on the way to the gym so didn't feel it - 5.4 is nothing - 6 pointer and above are shakers even when we had a 6.5 back in 92 here it just knocked a few things off the tables - the epicenter was in Landers - about 50 NW from me - They had some damage mostly older bldgs and mobile homes that are on jacks fell off..

Charlene ;0)

Yep eating too much healthy food = even Protein isn't good.

It really is all about the lifestyle - We can never ever go back to eating like we use to or want to.. Once that thought sticks in our heads it is easier.. I don't struggle too much any more - But again you all know how often I go to the gym and I am a big beleiver in that - if you want to eat that cupcake - you gotta hit the gym - I exercise 3-4 days a week and hr each session..

I had some cake and fudge this weekend - but really didn't over do it - heck one nite I just had some veggies for dinner - wasn't really hungry - so ate what I wanted and left it at that.. - scales were fine - but even if they weren't - I'm back home eating healthy - BF Light cheese 50 cal - crackers (gluten free) 120 cal - lunch Fish 100 - salad 150 - dinner will be fish & veggies.. Had gym today - again Saturday - back to my lifestyle - will most likely skip any treats this weekend to clean my system of the sugar..

One more confession......I haven't journaled my food since I was put on food......gonna start tomorrow. I always eat too much if I calculate in my head. CRS syndrome.

Arlene - love your confessions to allow all of us to help monitor and encourage you. You are really serious about reaching your goal. Well done.

Janet - glad the EQ didn't harm you and yours. Love hearing what you are eating to lead by example what a bander can tolerate.

So excited to meet everyone. Glad I extended from 3 days to 5 in LV.

Well, after talking with my banded friend today, I've decided to call my doctor.

I remember Laura going for a unfill and feeling much better after.

I've been eating very, very little and throwing up a few times a week. Kept thinking it would go away, but after sharing with friend today, I've decided to call the doctor.

Truly, I understand that NOT eating does not make you thin. Eating Protein and vegetables and exercising makes you thin. I understood intellectually, but emotionally didn't want to unfill.

Arlene - your honesty helped me to "put it out there". Thank you.

I need to talk to someone!! I have some questions

Hi there...... had a long day today in Bismarck... DH had a dentist appt at 1:00..... DD and DF and the girls came down in the afternoon (DD worked the morning shift and DF is off on Wed.) to go to the Humane Society to look for a puppy and also go to the zoo. Amazingly, DH said we would meet them and spend the day... They found a 2 year old cocker spaniel, black and white who was a recue dog.... the litter had been neglected and half starved.... She is a cute dog.... I'm not really a dog person, but the girls like her, so that's all that matters.... So DD and DF will now be potty training 3 instead of 2....They have to have one more visit with her before filling out papers to adopt....Anyway, then we went to the zoo,..... I had to get a scooter...too big a place for this one to walk it.... Girls had fun... Then to Texas Roadhouse for supper and home... Was a nice day in the middle of the week...

Randa, ask your questions.... don't be shy... We'll do our best to answer you ....this is a wonderful group and we've had varied experiences so someone will know what you want to know... Jump on in and tell up about yourself....

Arlene and Joyce, this is my problem, too... I've gotten away from the right foods and eat too many carbs and then just want more... It's time to put an end to all this doing as I please stuff.... I've got to look good for DD's wedding in October... I think 20 pounds is doable if I just try....

Janet, love the pictures... Sorry you were so cold. I actually sat with a blanket on me while we watched fireworks on the 4th, too.... today was a real comfortable day in the mid 70's..... I like it this way... The house is wide open and it's good sleeping without the a/c.....

Well, my pills are kicking in and I'm ready to sleep... Talk to you all tomorrow.... Hugs............. Julie

Just a quickie again to say hi...I'm not lost...just too busy watching TV. You know I never do books or TV 1/2 way...it's all or nothing.

All is well and I'll try and check in later.

Eva

Good Morning Drive by as I have been farming :0)

Charlene - Yep it's too easy to forget the bite of this or that and it all adds up... I kept a food diary for 1 solid yr..

Joyce - you got it girl !!! glad you are going to see the Dr. Yep you have to eat healthy and exercise to lose weight.. Plain and simple

Eva - Yep I hear you it's all or none :0)

Julie - I'm use to 110 for the 4th not 50's -

Well I really do got to get in the shower - I'm 15 minutes late ;0) so going to have to rush :0)

I need to talk to someone!! I have some questions

Ask away, that is what we are here for :thumbup:

Honesty. Had a huge chocolate binge yesterday. Was feeling overwhelmed by all the commitments I've made and by the Interactive Metronome training. Technology can make me feel incompetent and I've a lot of technology with the training I'm doing. Met 2 of my students and their mothers for the first time. I almost feel like I'm practicing on them and they really shouldn't be charged for the first week. Wish I'd had access to the equipment earlier and had been able to practice on a few children. Now I've got homework for tomorrow's session with these kids. Everyday I do this is different from the last session as we progress through the program, so I'm going to be out of my comfort zone for 4 to 5 weeks.

Being ADHD but also very school smart has led to a lot of feelings of incompetence in my life. I mean, how can I be so smart and still drive away with my purse on top of my car? How can I get "A's" and have my locker stuff fall out on top of me? Etc.

I try to focus on the gifts of ADHD, like the creativity and flexibility and lack of rigidity that goes with my form of ADHD, but doing the Interactive Metronome yesterday brought out all those old feelings of incompetence.

Getting back on track today. Writing helped me figure out what made me eat. Sharing makes me feel like I'm not alone. I have people who understand--and maybe even laugh with me and not at me.

Cheri

Cheri - your post made me chuckle out loud. Driving away with purse on top of car, and yet - I'm an accomplished career woman. lolol

No - the students you are learning and fine-tuning this new craft should NOT have the time free. We live in a world that forces us to fine-tune on "company time". We bring a life-time worth of experience to this session. The student/parent is paying for that.

Can hardly wait to meet you in LV.

Joyce

Good afternoon. A busy busy day for me. It started with a pedicure, stupid me for thinking all the places here would be as cheap as the one I went to last week, it wasn't open yet at 930 so I went across the street it was $10 more for a lot less of a pedicure. But my toes look good! Stopped for some nuggets before my fill (several hours before) and then proceeded across town to near where my dr appt was, low and behold I found the other Loft store in town! LOL Much smaller and not as nice as the downtown one also was a Nordstrom Rack there, did not purchase much. Then to the new docs office. He was okay. He's not my Dr Snyder in Denver that's for sure. I had to wait forever. I did get a 1/2 cc fill. Ever since I had that taken out before moving I am hungry all the time so am giving it a shot for the weekend. I have an appt on Monday to go back and will get an unfill if it's too much. On Monday I have an appt to have that metabolic rate test done, they couldn't do it today. Then they asked if I wanted to join their 'program'. It's $350 and includes unlimited dietician, exercise physiologist, classes and support groups. I never heard of such a fee. I guess I can't go to their support groups w/o paying but it seems pointless to pay something like that over 2 yrs out. It's disounted from $500 since I am a transfer patient and already had surgery. I'm not saying I know it all but I think I know enough to not pay a fee for more classes. I can always go back to Denver for them if need be. My dr in Denver lets folks from any doc go to his support group meetings.

Cheri, your post reminds me of a comment my dad made to me all the time. How could anyone be so smart and have no common sense? (I was a straight A student and I guess he thought that meant I never made mistakes or something)

Randa, ask away.

Cheri, too funny.

That discribes my DD to a "T", she is not ADD but the common sense thing.

You are still teaching those children something and spending time with them. Thanks for posting your feelings I think I have been doing the same things. I need to get back on the exercise wagon & have no excuse since I have the room for my tread machine. Also the hot weather has broken.

Lori, must have been the day for pedicures. I got one after work tonight.

yeah, DD just called & the delivery driver is there. She is finally getting her stuff.

LauraK

LauraK - so happy DD has her furniture and all her things. Now she can get settled.

I'll see doctor tomorrow morning.