Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

No judgement...just preferences. There was a time in my past where I dreaded not being able to eat everything and as much as I wanted. I still have twinges of that, but I believe that it's not as important to me anymore and it's an accomplishment for myself (myself only). It's part of my emotional and mental growth. Since banding, I realize I can eat everything, but it just isn't as important as it was. There isn't a food out there that I miss right now because if I want it I eat it. I also am not losing weight either because for me to lose weight I have to restrict what I'm eating and I don't do that so well. So now I have different issues and many of them. No judgment intended, we just all have different priorities and issues.

Perhaps the words "to me" could have been added to the sentence "Talking to friends and family would be more important."

I recently had a conversation with some who would not accept that I do not like to travel by myself. I've done it and find it lonely and boring. I'd rather go to Savannah with a GF that go to Ireland by myself (been to both BTW). She ended our talk with, You must have a problem. I was amazed that it was so important for her to be right and me to be wrong. There is no right/wrong--it just what IS for YOU.

Arlene - Son and family in Guam - not in military. He is entertainment and activities director for Pacific Island Club - a resort. He has worked at their properties in Saipan and Phuket. Also worked @ Grand Wailiea (sp?) in Hawaii.

Don't feel any different from unfill - but have not yet tried to eat 3 oz of meat. Taking family to dinner tonight, so I'll see how it goes.

Joyce how cool what your dh does - meeting new pple all the time - to you get discount at resort :0)

Judy...I wouldn't get an unfill either because I eat anything I want now....just not as much of it. There are other things to do if you only have 24 hours. Talking to friends and family would be more important.

Janet you rock...literally, your muscles must be like rock. I use biodegradable soap in my laundry and have for a while now. I'm only watering ornamental plants (verbena, bougainvillea, mesquite, canna, etc. so a little extra soap may actually keep the bugs away. I also don't use a whole lot of soap either or softeners. I just let the dryer do the softening. Now if I was really green, I'd hang my clothes out on a line...I used to do that and it works ok in the summer, but it really takes a long time to do laundry and clothes are a lot more wrinkled. Maybe when I'm retired.....

I'm chopping my oleanders down...actually just trimming them to a manageable height. Bulky trash pickup is this week and it is very nice to have some one else haul away the yard trash. It's more than 95 degrees out and hot so I'm only working on it a little at a time. This is giving me my exercise.

Okay...off to more projects. CBL

ee

Eva - I got pretty good muscle for an old broad ;o) and I am very proud of where I have come from. But I would like more - wish I had done this in my 30's - but alas I can't change the past - I am happy where I am at..

Overcast and sprinkling here.. 96 was what my car said..

You are greener than me ;0).... I'm not green at all ;0)

hmmm...some judgement here.

Where is there judgement ??? Your addiction was talking - I think we all get that..

jb, LOL. I can understand your temporary insanity. food is one of life's main pleasures. We get the LAP-BAND® partly to prolong our lives but if we knew we weren't going to live anyway? I think I'd gorge on chocolate. Don't need an unfill for that.

Would you also go for mind-blowing sex?

I've never been really plastered in my life, just a little buzzed, maybe I'd want to experience that.

Or maybe I'd spend the day praying for healing and more time.

I think I'd want to talk to my whole family, though, and love on them and be loved on--while eating chocolate. LOL

Cheri

Cheri - ya you need to get plastered at least once !!!

Good afternoon. DH has half a pallet of sod left to lay on the sides of the yard and it's done, he has to finish today as he's in SFO tomorrow. I am anxious for tomorrow and my metabolic rate test. DH thinks it is silly and wonders why I want to know if I just follow the rules and listen to my band. Guess I am just a numbers type person and think it would be great to have that knowledge. We went to lunch after church this morning and I sure could feel my restriction. I got shrimp and it came with 6 shrimp and I could only do 3, DH didn't mind 1/2 my shrimp though. I was leary of shrimp too as I have a problem with it at times but didn't.

Janet, I'd probably be at that resort with you if I just had so long to live. Or with my new grandbaby if it was born yet! BTW, Apples won't be back til Tues. We still have a day and a half to junk it up ourselves. LOL

Judy, I don't see any judgement here, just folks expressing that they'd do things besides eat if they knew they had so long to live. We all have our passions and interests and they vary, no judgement if they differ. High priority to one person may be low priority to another. For example, no way would I put a washer outside LOL I lived with one in the basement too many years and am loving my convenience in the hallway now. LOL Besides I'd freeze my a$$ off in the winter. (Sorry Eva but I admire what you are doing).

Joyce, Laurens Hope I think was the name of a website for bracelets it had lauren in the name and they were very stylish. I was supposed to pick out the one I wnated for Christmas '08 as DH didn't know which one to get me and I never did, maybe I should now. LOL

Julie, sorry about your pain but glad you got to have a little family reunion. I enjoy storms too as long as tornadoes aren't involved and well now golf ball sized hail after all our hail damage. LOL

Linda, when are you leaving for FL? (gosh what happened to my font)

Charlene, okay if it's a Jillian recipe it has to be ok. LOL

Janet, that was kindda silly about talking about getting on track and then having a s'more huh?? But it was a planned for treat, am planning for another next weekend when DD is here and we sit out back around the firepit, she loves doing smores.

Lori - I know - I was JK ;0) - I figured it was planed ... 24 hrs to live yep being w/family would be the ticket and a little choc

Perhaps the words "to me" could have been added to the sentence "Talking to friends and family would be more important."

I recently had a conversation with some who would not accept that I do not like to travel by myself. I've done it and find it lonely and boring. I'd rather go to Savannah with a GF that go to Ireland by myself (been to both BTW). She ended our talk with, You must have a problem. I was amazed that it was so important for her to be right and me to be wrong. There is no right/wrong--it just what IS for YOU.

Judy are you pmsing lol - you very sensitive.. I don't think anyone was judgmental..

If you had a crystal ball to know when your time was and want an unfill - go for it.. I don't think anyone would really care one way or another if you ate..

For me even if I was still morbidly obese - I would have chosen family over food..

Ya the world is made up of all kinds - some who want to be right all the time and some pple who don't give a flip what others think..

I'm the one who doesn't give a flip what others think - I don't ask for advice - Cuz I think I know what's best for me..

Hell I might not go to Ireland by myself - I would go on a curise by myself - but like you going w/a friend is always better..

But I understand what the lady was saying - we can miss alot of things that we would like to do cuz we don't have someone to go w/us.. I love that way of thinking - but am I going to do it - doubt it.. (go on vacation by myself)

jb, LOL. I can understand your temporary insanity. food is one of life's main pleasures. We get the LAP-BAND® partly to prolong our lives but if we knew we weren't going to live anyway? I think I'd gorge on chocolate. Don't need an unfill for that.

Would you also go for mind-blowing sex?

I've never been really plastered in my life, just a little buzzed, maybe I'd want to experience that.

Or maybe I'd spend the day praying for healing and more time.

I think I'd want to talk to my whole family, though, and love on them and be loved on--while eating chocolate. LOL

Cheri

24 hrs to live?? Family, spaghetti and wine!! LOL

Maybe some chocolate, maybe some sex!! HAHA! I told the "7's" that ever since I saw "It's Complicated", I put trying some mj on my bucket list!! Never tried it! Then I'd probably choke to death and not get my whole 24 hours!!

36_2_64.gif 7_4_33.gif

24 hrs to live?? Family, spaghetti and wine!! LOL

Maybe some chocolate, maybe some sex!! HAHA! I told the "7's" that ever since I saw "It's Complicated", I put trying some mj on my bucket list!! Never tried it! Then I'd probably choke to death and not get my whole 24 hours!!

36_2_64.gif 7_4_33.gif

Or you would freak out like reefer madness - I think we should get Cheri - Plastered !!! What to you think gang - it won't take much..

Phyl this is the internet - so can't put to much info on here - but will see what we can do about your bucket list lol:biggrin::confused::cursing:

Just get me to the plane in time for my ride home. Actually, I did get sick from drinking 1 time. My first husband and I were at my uncle and aunt's house in Milwaukee (both of whom turned out to be confirmed alcoholics-they divorced after she tried to set the bed on fire-with him in it). We hadn't had lunch and they took us to a brewery where we sampled the beer. Then we went to their house and sipped on wine well into the evening before they grilled some brats soaked in beer. I think I had one Southern Comfort Manhatten thrown in there too. Next morning, bright and early, with the sun shining in through uncovered windows, I finally gave up trying to sleep and went in the bathroom and stuck my fingers down my throat. The brats hadn't digested-just pickled. TMI I know, but funny.

I actually told that story at my uncle's intervention. My husband, who ended up with an alcohol problem himself, started drinking Southern Comfort a lot after that.

I had a five month old baby with me and I decided I'd never again drink that much. I don't think she liked the taste of my breast milk the next day either.

So that's my drunk story. Once in a while I don't mind getting a nice buzz if I'm not driving anywhere. But I am not at all fond of headaches and throwing up.

Cheri

Phyll, got a contact high from mj once. Newly married at 19, went to a Joan Baez concert. Very smokey. Don't remember much of the concert. Just wanted to sleep. My husband told me later that all the smoke was mj. Never understood the attraction. I'm enough of a space cadet without the addition of drugs and alcohol.

Cheri

You guys are to funny. Love the bucket lists.

I think I would want to sky dive. Family on top of the list.

LauraK

Wow, is the weekend over already?! Nelson starts another camp tomorrow. This one is called "A theme a day". Tomorrow is Creepy Crawly Day. (insects, caterpillar crawl races, eat dirt and worms (chocolate pudding with oreo crumbs and Gummy worms!) LOL. He is excited. This camp is at one of the local private schools (the tuition is like $20K for ELEMENTARY!) I wanted to see what it's all about. Perhaps they use 14K gold pencils or something. I will be busy packing and organizing. I just found a deal on new luggage on Amazon with free 2 day shipping. (the new nice wheeler Samsonite- extra lightweight).

I need a fill but definitely decided to wait until after France. I am being "good" this week though, so I can enjoy the vacation. We will be doing LOTS of walking and plan on trying to climb the Eiffel tower! 1665 steps!

THe 1 day to live thing made me sad to think about it. Would likely just stay in bed with my 2 favorite boys all day talking and laughing and hugging. (might do an unfill too!) That freaks me out to think about it. Just makes me want to say I love yous MORE. BTW, I love you guys!

Will CBL... gotta get ready for tomorrow.

peasout.. Laura

Phyll, got a contact high from mj once. Newly married at 19, went to a Joan Baez concert. Very smokey. Don't remember much of the concert. Just wanted to sleep. My husband told me later that all the smoke was mj. Never understood the attraction. I'm enough of a space cadet without the addition of drugs and alcohol. Cheri

Our youngest son used to smoke it a lot, so I know what it smells like. He was brazen enough to light up in the back of our house and I could smell if every time he did that. We used to do street ministry in a gay bar district... I smelled it there quite often, too. It would just make me want to pig out!! I'm having enough of a struggle with that at the moment!! Should be getting a fill on Tuesday and that will help. I am hungry 2 hrs after I eat! It's awful! I've gained a few pounds, and DH keeps lecturing me about what I need to do to fix it! UGH!!!

Morning...interesting conversation. Let's just home none of us discover we only have 24 hours left....if I do, then I don't want to know. We need to resume this conversation for Las Vegas.

Laura, I found a "duffle on wheels" type suitcase at the Samsonite outlet store in Phoenix. I love it. It isn't particularly lightweight, but I can sure pack a lot of stuff in it and it has a lot of handles so I can grab it many different ways. I took it to Costa Rica and DH and I use it when we need to check a bag and we just need one extra bag that we share.

Cheri....getting plastered is fun at the moment, but the after affects aren't really worth it to me. Ug! But I guess you really need to do it at least once to know what it's all about. I have an automatic shut off valve, I drink too much, I throw up. It's sort of like PBing with alcohol. LOL.

Off to work again this morning. I know I'm wishing my life away, but geez, I'm not going to miss the weekly grind of getting up, going to work, not having enough time to do what I want to do.

Okay, talk to you all later.

Eva

Good morning, about to leave for the dr office and that metabolic test. Have no idea what to expect. Those that have had it done, do you find out right away how many calories you burn a day? What's normal?

Suitcases: I tend to buy cheap and replace instead of investing in anything real nice. I've seen where it goes on the plane and how it's handled, for the most part it's handled pretty good but there are those times it's on a cart in the rain on the ramp etc. Or I've seen a lot where someone will pack like a bottle of wine in their bag and not very well at that, it breaks then leaks on everyone elses stuff, etc. I no longer get the super duper cheap stuff as it only lasts a trip or two but close to it, usually at costco they have great deals. I put lots of miles on them before replacing though. I've discovered I have this theory in lots of things I guess. I didn't buy as expensive of furniture as I was originally thinking as we move so much or my tastes change so then I don't feel as guilty about replacing. Same goes for dishes, I like new ones every so often. Maybe I have commitment issues. LOL No I've been married for 33 yrs and have no intention of trading him in for a new one though. LOL

Well, the 24 hr thing started out as a fun thing.. light-hearted, and it did get us all thinking! But it sort of got heavy and a little melancholy!

Luggage.... I'm with Lori... don't spend a lot. We usually try to travel as light as possible... so we've sort of switched from big huge suitcases to a couple of small ones. I like the way Janet travels... she keeps it small and does carry-on.

TOPS weigh in this morning! Yuck! Last time I lost about 2 1/2 lb. Unfortunately, I might be up about that much today! Afterwards, pool PT. So I better get my butt in gear and get ready!

Hello Everyone! Another Monday...Just 4 more days till Friday!! YAY *happy wiggle*

I go for my first doc appointment since my band on Wenesday. Looking forward to it.

Phyllser ~ I use to belong to TOPS In Marysville WA. I thought about joining again but wasnt sure they'd let me since I've had the band done...didnt know if they would consider that ''cheating'' or not.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful week!

~Anny

Hi there.............my that was some interesting reading since the last time I posted. I have to add my 2 cents to the conversation..... I have absolutely no idea about what I would do if I was told I would only live 24 more hours... Surely not sleep!!!!! I was honored to be present when my father took his last breath and I told him to go be with God..... He spent his last time talking with each of us individually and making sure he didn't leave things left unsaid.... So I think that is a good one.... Make sure you leave nothing unsaid, good or bad..... And he had a piece of cherry pie.... his favorite thing was pie....... So he kinds did some of what you all have been saying..... We really will never know until it really happens and here's hoping it happens to no one for a very, very long time........ Enough of that...

I'm having a blue day.....DH said something to me last night and although I know he didn't mean it to hurt it did..... We were watching TV in the evening and suddenly my pain started very quickly, like is usual.... I was moaning in pain and then said to him that I just don't understand how it can go from 0 to 60 in a couple seconds..... He said, "I don't either, but I'm sure getting tired of it!" Now in itself I guess it wasn't such a bad thing to say, but it cut me right to the bone.... I'm sure he is as "tired" of this crap as I am because he has to watch without being able to help, but it felt like he was saying that my pain was just such a nuisance to him..... I've been sick or recovering from surgery for a year and a half now, and it is really getting old, but I'm stuck......I simply can't ignore this damn pain..... I've done everything I can think of and still just have to wait until someone decides to help me... Okay, I'm rambling, but I just can't shake being hurt by his remark....... Doesn't help that I was up til almost 5:30 with the pain and then slept til after 11:00 from being so groggy from the medication........

I need to do something constructive...... The house is clean, but I do need to do some laundry.....Just have to be careful when taking wet stuff from the washer.... And I have to make myself a new neck wrap.... My last one burned up in the microwave last week.... It had flax in it.... I used it a lot...... DH brought me some wheat so know I can try to make a new one..... I've been useing heating pad, but they are more clumsy and I can't walk with them on.

Now to comment on the drinking thing..... I've been way too drunk in my life more times than I can count, but back in my much younger days.... DH is a recovering alcholic for 37 years, and we neither one of us drink at all... I just choose not to as it has no draw at all for me anymore........ So, Cheri, I think it's great that you have never been really drunk and I would like to see you keep it that way.... That's one think you won't really mind missing in my opinion...... Nothing pretty or exciting about being stupid or puking your guts out....

I'm picking up a rather depressing tone to me today.... I should just shut up and go do something..... It's an unusually cool day here today with the breeze coming in the windows... Maybe I should just go put some laundry in and read a book for awhile.... get my mind off of feeling sorry for poor me.....

Lori, loved the idea of sharing sod with those people.... Nice of you guys to do that.... Good luck with your test...

Phyll, good luck with your Tops weigh-in... I, myself, have gained 6 pounds over the last month..... I just discovered it is very normal to gain when taking this one medication..... Damn it anyway...... I need to pay more attention.......

Well, all the rest of you guys, hope you are busy doing something useful and fun..... Talk to you all later.... Julie