Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks Ladies for being there.

I am trying to be very careful. I told him we can start by being friends first and see where it goes. I was able to ask questions I wanted answers to and he answered. I still have more for him. It just felt so right when we were sitting there talking.

Laura K

Hope everyone is having a great day. Have just a few minutes to catch up today cuz it is CRAZY around here. Have one DS doing tiling business on my computer cuz program is being bucky on his laptop. Have other DS waiting in line for the use of my computer. Just handed him our laptop and told him to have at it. They know momma will share no matter what but just wanted to say hi and have my LBT fix for the day.

Farm boys sure can eat. I made 18 BBQ chicken legs (large ones) and DH and 2 DS's cleaned them all up and licked the bones. They had a few others dishes on the table to go with the meal and I only ended up with about a cup of green Beans at the end of the meal. A way to mom's heart to see them enjoy a meal prepared for them.

Joyce...sorry...I must have missed that you have your family home. Hope you are enjoying your time with them as much as I am with mine.

Happy Birthday to Gismo! We throw bday parties for our baby also. I always fashion a cake for him out of lean beef roast and put candles in it. The first year he grabbed it so fast that he swallowed it...lit candles and all.

Is your DH my DH's long lost brother??????? Us mommas have a way of talking to our children and I am also the one they come to. DH gets so STERN about everything. I have to get after him quite often about his expecting perfection out of every one of us. If I did not voice my opinion and would not have taught the boys to stick up for themselves (not sass or talk back but state their opinion with respect)...makes me wonder what kind of relationships we would have with sons if I didn't find a happy medium when it came to DH's sternness. Had to give a reminder just the other day. Nope, we are not raising 12 yr olds anymore and there are times he talks to them like they are. All is good though. He has a good heart and is a good man. Just like any other man....needs either a size 8.5 or a tongue lashing. (kidding)

Well, Joyce, I will speak for all of us and take your above comment and say thank you. We are a good group, aren't we? We are very good for each other.

Julie...happy to hear you are moving on from the comment from DH. I am one that would have probably said something about it. I cannot seam to hold things like that to myself. (DH would agree and then agree again and again). We all have our own way of dealing and you did what felt right at the time. BTW...I will never ask for knitting instructions. I admire ppl that can and sometimes wish it's something I would have been taught as a kid. No luck with that now.

LauraK...I have absolutely no advice on the man thing. I was hurt twice and never looked back. It is so nice though that he made the attempt to apologize. Being faced with what he is with his health might have been the reason. I guess I would take the gesture as heart-felt and go baby steps with whatever else is in the near future. Gosh, don't you just love all of us ladies and our advice?

In fact, Cheri had some great things to share. We have all had such different lives and can learn so much from each other.

And, Cheri....I didn't take offense with your statement last night. As long as you made Janet out to be the BAD A$$, everything is good. (That's a joke, Janet).

Hey Eva...have a good day. Enjoy your new shows and check in when you can. Sending the love.

OK....should get off know. Two boys pacing behind me and I'm messing up my typing. Sending the loves to all of you. BTW...where's our little Jessica?????? I miss you Jessica...Oh....and hi to Jodi and Judy and Laura and Linda and Phyll and all I have missed. I just get so confused when I am gone so much and try to catch up. I'll tell you what I am going to do until things slow down. I am just going to say what I want to say and try not to feel bad about leaving anyone out. You know I love each of you. That's it for now.

Edited by Apples2

Julie thanks for the crochet tips, I think there's a craft store near the gym and I will look for a book this morning. I've been getting directions online and they aren't too bad. Question, I bought a fleece blanket at Walmart yesterday that had some stitching around the edge and I just crocheted into those. What do you do if there's no stitching around the edge? punch holes??

LauraK, glad that guy apologized, just proceed with caution until you know if he was genuine or just telling you what you want to hear to get you back. And ignore me if that was too much advice I know you were just venting.

Well I couldn't get to sleep last night and slept way too late this morning, the gym isn't going to go anywhere so I better get at it! I'm usually done by now, not just going.

Well, I am back from doing the eye thing. Just took a minute or so. I didn't even have trouble driving with dilated eye.

Great, I crochet. I found the best blanket to crochet trim around is a thermal receiving blanket. Also Leisure Arts sells a book full of trims you can crochet and then sew them on. I am making a blanket right now with three strands. It is so easy. I bought it online from Annie's Attic. They have the best patterns.

Lori - thank you for the link to Lauren's Hope medical ID bracelets. I really don't feel comfortable traveling with grandchildren and many times internationally alone - without that medical info available.

The selection is marvelous and items are very attractive.

Now I just need to hope it arrives before I leave on the 26th.

Thanks again.

Medical ID Bracelets, Medical Alert Jewelry, Medical Alert Bracelets

Lori - thank you for the link to Lauren's Hope medical ID bracelets. I really don't feel comfortable traveling with grandchildren and many times internationally alone - without that medical info available.

The selection is marvelous and items are very attractive.

Now I just need to hope it arrives before I leave on the 26th.

Thanks again.

Medical ID Bracelets, Medical Alert Jewelry, Medical Alert Bracelets

Your welcome, I remember they had some very pretty ones and DH was overwhelmed when trying to pick one out for me. Which one did you get? And what did you have put on it? I just might have to go revisit that and tell him I finally got my Christmas '08 gift. LOL

Yes, Lori, you just punch holes.... Are you using yarn or crochet cotton?? Whichever it is, using a small hook used to crochet cotton the first round to punch as you go is much easier, but it makes that first round tiring from pushing and you have to be good at judging distance between stiches.... I'm always happy when I get that first round done and can switch to whatever needle I want and really crochet...... I've done edgings on lots of different material. It's so fun to see them finished... I had about 10 blankets waiting for Mimi when she was born... I also crocheted her baptismal gown, a couple sweaters, and another dress... Was so fun to see her wear them.... I haven't done much of it lately... I go in streaks just like reading..... I can read 6 books in a row and then not read again for months....

Apples and Joyce, your husbands sound just like my dad.... Us kids always knew to go to Mom first and let her break any news to dad..... That gave him time to think over whatever we wanted to talk about and not just blurt out in anger or whatever..... At a later time in his life he came to understand how much he missed out on by always being hard to go to......

Well, I'm hot...... I didn't shut up the house earlier as I was comfortable, but now I can tell it has really warmed up outside. Need to turn on the a/c and shut the windows I guess..... Hope you all are cool and comfortable.... CBL>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Julie

Yes, Lori, you just punch holes.... Are you using yarn or crochet cotton?? Whichever it is, using a small hook used to crochet cotton the first round to punch as you go is much easier, but it makes that first round tiring from pushing and you have to be good at judging distance between stiches.... I'm always happy when I get that first round done and can switch to whatever needle I want and really crochet...... I've done edgings on lots of different material. It's so fun to see them finished... I had about 10 blankets waiting for Mimi when she was born... I also crocheted her baptismal gown, a couple sweaters, and another dress... Was so fun to see her wear them.... I haven't done much of it lately... I go in streaks just like reading..... I can read 6 books in a row and then not read again for months....

Apples and Joyce, your husbands sound just like my dad.... Us kids always knew to go to Mom first and let her break any news to dad..... That gave him time to think over whatever we wanted to talk about and not just blurt out in anger or whatever..... At a later time in his life he came to understand how much he missed out on by always being hard to go to......

Well, I'm hot...... I didn't shut up the house earlier as I was comfortable, but now I can tell it has really warmed up outside. Need to turn on the a/c and shut the windows I guess..... Hope you all are cool and comfortable.... CBL>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Julie

Thanks Julie I amhaving fun playing with it. I used to crochet lot of doilies

my grandma taught me. I then tried knitting and just never could get

the hang of it. I much prefer crocheting but like the look of knitted items

better usually. Maybe I'll try and just buy some fleece or flannel. Guess I

have nine months to perfect it

I made it the gym today did a little cardio and lots of weights

Thanks Julie I amhaving fun playing with it. I used to crochet lot of doilies

my grandma taught me. I then tried knitting and just never could get

the hang of it. I much prefer crocheting but like the look of knitted items

better usually. Maybe I'll try and just buy some fleece or flannel. Guess I

have nine months to perfect it

I made it the gym today did a little cardio and lots of weights

Big gold star for today!!!! Way to go on going to the gym. You are going to be able to keep up with that new baby for many years.:)

Arlene...happy to hear your eye procedure was not a problem. Also, think you also deserve a star for getting out to walk...even in the rain. Way to go!

Arlene...happy to hear your eye procedure was not a problem. Also, think you also deserve a star for getting out to walk...even in the rain. Way to go!

Thanks! I just got in from walk #2 for the day. The rain and skeeters are gone........just sunshine and a nice breeze this evening.

Apples, how many calories do you eat a day? I just don't understand why I have to eat so little and lose so little...it is not right!!!! I think I took off the 2lbs I gained last week. I will know tomorrow. I am eating eggbeaters for dinner.....gotta keep it light.

Things are crazy here... packing for Paris... taking the boy to tkd/camp, etc...

I promise to write more to everyone tomorrow. I just read the posts and wish I could comment to each of you. Being caught up is as good as it gets right now.

I have this random photo screen saver... and this pic just popped up and had me laughing. It was his first Halloween and he HATED being a sweetpea!!!!!!!!!! Hope it can make someone smile.

peasout... Laura

Things are crazy here... packing for Paris... taking the boy to tkd/camp, etc...

I promise to write more to everyone tomorrow. I just read the posts and wish I could comment to each of you. Being caught up is as good as it gets right now.

I have this random photo screen saver... and this pic just popped up and had me laughing. It was his first Halloween and he HATED being a sweetpea!!!!!!!!!! Hope it can make someone smile.

peasout... Laura

He is an adorable sweetpea! Have lots of fun on your trip!

Have a manifique time in Paree! Pick up a 24 year old busboy from the Moulin Rouge, and walk around Paris all night, drinking dark beer and speaking only French. Find out why Paris is the city for love...

oh wait, that was me 25 years ago....

Memories.

Julie will like this--I just met a man (who is 77--too old for me--but nice.) He told me that I looked "healthy." Is that the new euphemism for chubby? I laughed.

Just came home from my OA meeting--wearing my size 14 pants that will be too big in a couple of weeks. Yay!

Thanks! I just got in from walk #2 for the day. The rain and skeeters are gone........just sunshine and a nice breeze this evening.

Apples, how many calories do you eat a day? I just don't understand why I have to eat so little and lose so little...it is not right!!!! I think I took off the 2lbs I gained last week. I will know tomorrow. I am eating eggbeaters for dinner.....gotta keep it light.

Gosh, Arlene, I hate putting this out there but I will for you. My average day is between 2500-3000 cals. Some days a bit more. I try to never go under the 2500 because I do not want the scale to drop. I keep a good tally going in my head. I try to eat every 1-2 hours. It all depends on what I eat and how soon I feel I can eat again. I know...not fair. But I find some days that it is a real chore.

It could be medication you for your FM that are taking that would hinder weight loss. You have really kicked it up and are doing what needs to be done. This weight loss game is a tough one and we have to learn not to pay attention to the competition (not saying that you do).

peasout... Laura

You have me smiling, Laura. So cute.

When are you planning to leave on your honeymoon #2?