Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

On my way to the gym but had to post

Linda you crack me up FFFF interesting shrits ;0)

Judy - it's a rock beach - :)

Charlene WTG!!!

will post when I get home from the gym

xoxoxo

Great update, Linda!!

You and Julie are so good at bringing us all up to date!!

I think I really like the FFFF's!! LOL

So much looking forward to the next few days with my "7's"!! Candice arrived today.. she and I have gone to my Surf Shack for latte's with the puppy! Zoey loves it now... first trip in the scooter basket freaked her out. Now she welcomes those rides and gets all excited when we get near the Surf Shack because she knows she's going to get treats! And, we walked over to the dollar store and got "stuff"! One of our gals has a birthday tomorrow... so we got some fun things for her birthday party and ordered a cake. It's not a veggie cake, Janet! Get over it!! LOL! Decided she probably hasn't had many real birthday cakes with candles and sing "Happy Birthday", blow out the candles and make a wish!! So we ordered a very special birthday cake and got candles and bubbles, etc.! It'll be fun. So now we're having some wine and then Earl is taking us across the street for prime rib.... Candice and I will split a dinner!

Today my wonderful husband has done all this for our "7's" get-together... ground a big bag of coffee that he got at costco yesterday, cooked a 13 lb pork shoulder roast all day and then pulled all the pork for us, and made a bowl of macaroni salad! He is a winner!

We won't have to cook all weekend.

Tomorrow... Janet comes in a little after 11 a.m. We'll make a Costco stop for some popcorn, etc before we go to the beach house! We're going to have a GREAT time! Friday DD is going to go with us to LaConner and show us where to get the best salmon burgers in the world!!! She says!! LOL! And I think she says there's a quilting store there for our quilting gals. That would NOT be me!! HAHAHA!

We took the puppy to the dollar store with us. She walked all the way there and then she just planted her feet and decided that was enough walking! So I had brought her small carrier bag.. put her in it and put her in a shopping cart and rode her around in the store. When we came out... made her walk again. That made it down about 3-4 stores and she was done again! She is tiny with short little legs, and I guess she was tired. So... back in the bag and slung her over my shoulder until we got to Albertson's. Then back in a shopping cart while we did our thing in there. Then had to carry her home.

She was all tuckered out.

Edited by phyllser

On my way to the gym but had to post

Linda you crack me up FFFF interesting shrits ;0)

Judy - it's a rock beach - :)

Charlene WTG!!!

will post when I get home from the gym

xoxoxo

Wait a minute!! WE CAN get sand in our underpants... it's not a ROCK beach!! Lots of driftwood though!!

Hi all.

Had a great time today with my summer school kids. We had our nacho and ice cream social today. The kids first listened to some African-American/Chicago history because tomorrow we're taking them to Hyde Park to walk past Obama's house and then to the Du Sable Museum. Then we had the social. Then we went outside on once of the most beautiful days of the summer. The kids had waterfights with squirt guns and Water balloons. We had a water balloon tossing contest. And I found a slip and slide for $8 that I set up in the field. They had a ball. Some of our kids have never been on a slip n slide. They were awkward at first but soon got the hang of it. One of the girls who has some pretty severe learning disabilities, doesn't play with others, and seldom smiles, was laughing and giggling and taking her turn over and over again.

They were quite disappointed when it was time to go home.

So tomorrow is the last day with our field trip and then its over. Next week I start private tutoring and training a couple kids on Interactive Metronome, but that should be over by mid-morning each day so I'll have most of each day free.

Won't know what to do with my time.

Went to Dr. today and although my cholesterol is down I need to go back on meds. Good cholesterol is up to 53 finally, but bad cholesterol is 162. So Crestor, here I come. Again.

Got to schedule a mammogram. All the fun stuff. This is the 3rd Dr. I've had in a year. I think they have a revolving door at this clinic, but it's what my HMO will do.

Dr. was young enough to be my daughter. Scary.

Wish our trip well tomorrow. It's meant as the grand finale. Hopefully, the summer school will gain a great reputation and we can grow it next summer.

This is the rainiest June I can remember. Lots of thunderstorms with high winds. Lots of damage. Lots of flooding. Anyone else having wierd June weather?

Cheri

Cheri

Arlene - DD has dark hair and is very tiny. Barely 5 ft. tall

She loves working for the Four Seasons chain.

Stay dry down there with Alex coming on shore.

Karen - nice compliment about DD. She is actually my step daughter, but we don't use the "step" label.

I met her father when she was one year old, so I've always been in her life.

Linda - What a wonderful overview. You rock, GF.

Looks like I'm the "junk up the thread" gal.

Janet & Phyll will have a wonderful gathering for the 4th and Janet can flash those red, white & blue nails. Love the "sand in the pants" remark. Hope they take lots of pix.

Zoey sounds like a real princess. Carry me, mommy.

DGD cut my hair today and then I took her to lunch. Then off to a movie with DD (her Mom).

Trying to pack - doing carry on - so it's difficult w/winter clothes lol.. Think I got it and if not - well there is always shopping..

Yes Phyl - since I know your DH personally - he's a keeper...

Joyce - I didn't introduce my stepmom as stepmom - I introduced them as my parents - when I talk about them I would say my parents and when I introduce my stepbro - I say this is my bro..

Cheri - you will find something to fill the time - I know pple who are retired and they now say they don't know where they found the time to work

Well need to get back to packing...

Will take pics - Phyl loves to :0)

Good Morning Gang

Drinking coffee - going to head for the shower...

Gotta be at airport by 5:30 ish ;0)

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL

Talk to you all later !!!!

xoxoxo Janet

Good morning...just wanted to help junk up the thread....off to work. Ug it's hot today.

Later.

Eva

Arlene, Congratulations on the 3 lbs!!! That's simply marvelous!!! Hope you are doing okay with your rainy weather -- glad Alex didn't do more damage than it did.

Safe travels to Janet and her lucky 7 gang and hope they have a fabulous time!!

Junking up the thread -- who else will join me today?

Let's see, a subject would be nice -- how about "what was your most memorable 4th of July - good or bad?" Hhhhmmm should be interesting.

One of mine is a very bad one - when I was sick a few years ago - I remember going out to the patio to watch the fireworks but my fever was so high and I was so sick I was shivering and freezing and ended up going straight back to bed. The next day I was in the hospital with kidney failure. Some other better memories are spending it camping at Lake Tahoe with friends/family and watching the fireworks show at the stadium in Long Beach - always a great show.

CBL

Linda

Good morning gang! I got out with my umbrella and walked......lol......an umbrella doesn't work with the wind, but it only sprinkled. I am glad we were spared this time. Hurricane season lasts till November 15th.

Okay, this is my "junk up" for the day. I hope you all have a great day!

Had to switch to red today for 4th of July coming up. Lots of folks traveling this weekend. Hope PHyl and Janet have a great time with their '7's' should be a grand time. Just hope our Janet can stay warm in that 'cold' weather. LOL Apples must be off to the lake too for her like 10 days gone.

I had a good visit with Grandma yesterday. She gets some goofy ideas in her head though. LOL And there's no changing her mind. But we had lunch, got groceries at Walmart and she got some new things at Penneys. She wanted nightgowns and new underwear as she is convinced she may end up in the hospital because well she hasn't had a BM in 3 days. She is obsessive over them. LOL She had diarrhea over the weekend and that got better but now is convinced something is seriously wrong. She is better now though. My gt grandfater was the same way and they took 'physics' all the time not sure what they were but glad she is feeling better. Such a thing to talk about but she was quite stressed over it yesterday. I think she thought this was her end.

Time to switch to blue. Dh was supposed to go to Texas today but they rescheduled due to the storm coming in. Didn't want to get delayed with backed up flights etc.

Arlene, is it supposed to come near you?

Let's see 4th of July memories. The best woudl be up at my grandparents cottage in northern Wisconsin and doing fireworks over the lake. Also, a small show near DH's home when we first started dating. I don't really have any bad memories. I wonder what the family is doing in Denver this weekend as I always hosted a big BBQ for the 4th. My daughter said she hasn't heard of anyone doing anything. She thought of it, but her place is so small and no backyard (townhome) plus she is so far from everyone whenever she does try and do something many don't come because it's too far to drive.

Hey, good morning..... I just don't seem to be able to get on here everyday anymore.... There is so much to do and I'm sleeping my mornings away.... I take so much medication before bed to get the pain to calm down that I'm groggy and sleepy in the morning.... If I had something planned I would set an alarm and get up, but I have no scheduled events so no alarm.... I guess the rest doesn't hurt me..... Last evening was a bear..... Both little girls were here while DD and DF had pre marital counseling...... They are both in the potty training stage... on in panties and one in pull-ups... I asked several times if they had to go............no.............. until one said she had to go but was standing in a puddle on my new floor...... Got her and the floor cleaned up only the have the other one say, "oh oh!!" and sure enough another puddle was present... Her pull-up overflowed...... Got her and the floor cleaned up, but my shoulder was biting me so bad I just had to sit and moan and groan... They soon went home and I was able to take my pills and pass out.......I can hardly wait till they learn to help themselves to the bathroom.... I'm not fond of this stage...

Arlene, congrats on the 3 pounds... You are doing so well.... Wish I was..... I gained a couple with the last medication they put me on and I just don't seem to be able to lose it.... Of course if I tried harder it might help!!!!

Eva, I'm so glad you had a good time in CO and put the past behind you.... It unclutters the mind when you can do that.....

Apples, Phyll, Janet.......... you all have a great time while you are away.... We will await pictures....

Linda, my worst 4th was when I was quite young and we always went to the fair and stayed late on the 4th for the fireworks.... Cars and cars lined up with people sitting on the hoods and such.... I got lost and couldn't find my family..... I have hated fairs since that day forward........ I think my favorite was during a family reunion at my parents farm with lots and lots of family around and shared it with loved ones curled up in a blanket in a lawn chair......

Cheri, glad you are having such a good time with the kids.... giving them times they'll remember a long time.... I'm glad you are coming to Vegas, too...... It will be so fun to meet everyone who missed the last one....

Well, if I'm going to get anything done I'd better get going... I'm waiting for a call about my area rug... They said today, but haven't called yet..... It's hot here......95 yesterday.... I hate living with the windows shut and the a/c on..... That's why I like spring and fall best.......

Sorry, I didn't speak directly to all of you..... Not on purpose, just forgetfull.......Jodi, sounds like you had a great time and Judy.......... don't just lurk...... Talk......

Bye Bye for now...... Julie