Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Lost my post last night!! Too tired and frustrated to post again!! We went RVing on the other side of the mountains for a couple of days with DD & SIL. Had a great time, beautiful weather! We were at Lake Chelan State Park. First time we'd ever been there. DD & SIL had camped there many times. Took an all day boat ride to the end of the lake on Monday... Lady of the Lake cruise. We took both dogs in their carriers. About 3 hrs up, 3 hrs back, 1 1/2 hr stop at a resort at the end of the lake. Stehekin I think was the name of that little community. Accessible only by boat. We had lunch there and the dogs had a chance to get some exercise, eat and have potty time.

Staying in the RV was very good for the pets! They came to an "understanding" because of being forced to share a small space. Zoey's "come uppance" happened when she got curious about why candy was curled up under the driver's seat. That is Candy's space and she did not take kindly to Zoey poking around. Not sure exactly what happened as it occurred between the seat and the driver door, but it involved a lot of hissing and puppy squealing. Candy has no claws, but I figure she gave her a pretty good swat and she is respecting Candy's space ever since. Candy learned her lesson in the middle of the night. Zoey was in her crate in our bedroom on my makeup table. There was a crash in the middle of the night and kitty squealing this time. We believe that Candy deliberately knocked the carrier off the shelf, but it apparently clobbered her on the way down. Zoey couldn't have cared less... "oh, well.... I guess I can sleep upside down"!! Candy is still in charge, but she's decided it's okay if Zoey's crate is in our room at night because last night she was sleeping on our bed again... which she has refused to do since the puppy came to live here.

I got lots of exercise while we were gone.. lots of walking, lots of STEPS! But didn't necessarily eat all the right things and definitely had too much wine two nights!

Quickly breezed through four pages of posts last night... speed reading! Excited so many are going to make it to Vegas!

I better get off the computer. First of the "7's" arrives in 3 hours. Have to get in the shower, haven't packed my bag for the beach house yet, and 1 hr drive to the airport. It is a GREAT day, though. It won't be very warm, but it's nice and sunny. Tomorrow may be a little rainy, but should be sunny after that but no warmer than 70 if the weatherman is right.

Edited by phyllser

Phyll...love the puppy/kitty stories and am sure there will be more to come as your fur babies get used to each other. Sounds like it is going good with them. Have a great time with your Lucky 7's. I am pretty sure on of my good friend stayed in the area you were describing (where you could only get to by water). The name sounds very familiar.

Arlene...good luck with your weigh-in. You are doing so well. You could write the book on how to turn things around when in a slump. I will speak for all of us when I say WE ARE SOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU! At the rate you are going, we will have a tough time keeping up with you in Vegas.

Joyce, is your DD in Houston a blond? There was a pretty blond on tv this morning talking about the Four Seasons. She was giving away a weekend stay on a local morning show.

Eva, yeah, we are going to have to double up to keep up with Apples. lol

Well, I am off to weigh in. The rain bands aren't dumping the heavy stuff yet. I am sorry for those who get the storm, but I am glad that we don't have to deal with it. Heck, people are still doing repairs from Ike two years ago.

Arlene...it would be a given that Joyce's DD would be a pretty blond....Have you seen her mother???????

Hope you miss the nasty weather. I no longer worry as much about huricaines since youngest DS moved out of Daytona. His name is Charlie and he flew into FL to live the exact day that Huricaine Charlie hit FL. It was quite the year for storms.

Eva - We are visiting in Phyl's area this yr -- there will be 8 of us.. I guess I rather have the cooler weather for the 4th I will be in sweats watching the fireworks instead of 110 degrees weather..

Apples & everyone else who's traveling for the 4th - Safe travels - have a HAPPY 4TH.... MY nails and toes are red white and blue :0)

Apples, so where has Charlie ended up? Still thinking of contracting?

Phyl, so much fun introducing the cat and the dog. My cat loves my dog, my dog could care less about the cat.

We woke up very early this morning and have been busy doing this and that all morning. I am so looking forward to not having to work, then again, I am looking so forward to working out a business for myself so I can earn extra money. I've been looking at classes offered at the community college and I might sign up for 3 or so come next year. I still will probably take one in the fall but there is so much out there that looks interesting.

I want to try and take Italian again...did one semester but had to drop the 2nd semester due to work. Started an autoCAD class but dropped that right off because of work. I might take those classes again...as an audited class. Then there is a dreamweaver class which is web design, nutrition class, and of course the real estate class. I do much better with a class because it forces me to do the work.

They are chip sealing my street right now...yum love the smell of fresh oil. They were supposed to do it Monday, but I guess they didn't get it done.

Okay, be back later if I don't get sucked up into some other project.

Eva

Janet, cute...red white and blue nails. Safe and happy travels.

Eva...DS is still on the fence. We asked him to wait till Sept 1 (time limit for him to make decision on taking job)...not impulsive decisions when there is a 2 yr contract and such huge life change. He has someone that will buy 70% of his flight school and manage it for him and he would retain 30% interest. Big decisions for this young kid. I really don't want him to do it but, on the other hand, he wants to do this because he thinks he will be sorry if he does not. I said what I thought a couple of months ago and he will need to decide all on his own. He will make the right decision. So young (27) and so wanting to experience everything he can...and has since he was very young. We are proud of him no matter what he decides. Just want not such a risky job.

Gosh, Eva...sounds like you have so many options when you retire. Wish we lived closer...E&K's Catered Cuisine.

Janet....you'll have to try your best to show off those fingers and toes. They sound cute. Watch out for those guys out there that have foot fettishes!!!!!

Enjoy your post, thanks for your help I can't wait for July22. Im on 1400 cal diet now.Got any tips.

Enjoy your post, thanks for your help I can't wait for July22. Im on 1400 cal diet now.Got any tips.

Not too long now b/4 you are banded. Tips? I guess the best advice I could give you is to really stick to all of your doctor's recommendations b/4 and after surgery. Try to be very patient. Have some things at your fingertips to do when you are tempted or hungry. Needlework, take a walk, brush your teeth, take another walk, do a crossword, read, etc. Be prepared before hand. Have all the necessary foods you need in order to stick with your doc's plan for you.

Another tip. Come back and ask any questions you might have of us. That's what we are here for. There are many bandsters from 3 yrs out to newly banded. Good luck to you!:)

Apples, I love the idea...maybe we'll snowbird in your area and then we can do E&K Catered Cuisine. Will anyone pay for such services in that area. Seems you do all the work for functions for free.

Kidlehopper, what sort of tips are you looking for? One of the main tips for banding is learning to eat small portions, chewing thoroughly, and waiting between bites. For some of us, it's harder than it sounds. Another thing is to make the correct choices of what you put in your mouth. For me it's getting over my obsession with food. Still haven't done that and am working on it.

Apples, I love the idea...maybe we'll snowbird in your area and then we can do E&K Catered Cuisine. Will anyone pay for such services in that area. Seems you do all the work for functions for free.

Kidlehopper, what sort of tips are you looking for? One of the main tips for banding is learning to eat small portions, chewing thoroughly, and waiting between bites. For some of us, it's harder than it sounds. Another thing is to make the correct choices of what you put in your mouth. For me it's getting over my obsession with food. Still haven't done that and am working on it.

Eva..not a lot of catering in this area except for weddings. We pretty much have the attitude that if we can do it ourselves, we just do it. Friends and families take turns helping each other at events.

OK girls...I can finally say I am OUT OF HERE. Think I ran another 3lbs off in the last three days. You all have a good one. Keep the fires burning....turn up your chatter button!

Thanks, how do i add u as a friend?

Hi Everyone

Sure will miss Janet, Phyll and Apples -- Hope they have a wonderful time!!

New name idea -- FFFF -- Fomerly Fat Friends Forever. Would make for an interesting shirt.

Okay Jodi, Here's my attempt at an overview:

Laura and family received great news that her Dad's cancer is in remission. Nelson spent some time at an oceanographic park but Laura pulled him out early (after week1) as the counselors didn't pay attention and didn't have him reapply sunscreen or make sure he stayed hydrated.

Phyll and DH became new parents to Zoey, a sweetie pie puppy (see pictures on pg. 768).

Cheri is so busy tutoriing and working she barely has time to post.

Eva just returned from a trip to her family home in Colorado and is looking forward to her retirement this fall.

LauraK is still with DD in Nevada but will be returning home soon. She stopped in Des Moines and met me on her way to Nevada. We had a wonderful (albeit too quick dinner together). Her DD's household goods won't be delivered until July 12 or so -- so she is dealing with an empty apt.

Lori is pretty well settled in her new home, her DH is working on getting the yard in this weekend - she's had muddy doggies. She had to brave a new hairdresser in SLC and spent last weekend camping with her kids and DH. Today she's in Denver visiting GM.

Phyll and Janet are meeting up today with their Lucky 7 group somewhere near Seattle -- a few hours out) where they will spend the long weekend enjoying some cool weather.

I finally went dress shopping and got my dress (and lots of other clothes) for my trip to my neice's wedding in Florida which is just 2 weeks away now (I leave the 16th).

Jewell is having a good summer but her DS is experiencing some problems with bathroom issues which is worrying her.

Julie got insurance approval to go to mayo and is waiting for an appointment. In the meantime she had her class reunion (she had a great time) and her remodeling is about 95% done - -just waiting to get some finishing touches done.

Joyce has been fairly quiet but has had a tough time with the heat and humidity here in the midwest the past few weeks.

Arlene's been doing great with her shakes and still losing every week!! Her mom is still recovering from her pneumonia.

Haven't heard much from Judy -- she's keeping busy in Florida.

All of us missed you and we're still waiting to hear how your weekend with your special weekend guest went????????? We are planning to meet at the Desert Rose Resort in Vegas -- arriving on Fri., Oct. 1 and leaving on Sun. the 3rd (a few are staying in a hotel until Monday the 4th) and we're hoping you'll be able to join us -- the Desert Rose is off the strip about 1/2 block and has 1 and 2 bedroom condos -- they have kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms -- currently we are doing 3 to a two bedroom condo -- so if you can come we'll figure it where you can stay.

I think that's about it -- hope I didn't forget anyone/anything - if so please please forgive me - remember I'm one of the most senior members here and I suffer greatly from CRS!!

Linda

Woohoo! Down 3lbs! I is all because I doubled my walking. I am basically eating like a bander and do a shake when I don't feel like fixing dinner. Dr. Davis is changing from Bariatric Advantage to Optifast for the people on the supervised diet. Pre-op patients are still on Bariatric Advantage. I tasted the Optifast bars and Soup. They are delicious, but their shakes are too sweet. I think I will buy bars for a Meal Replacement.< /p>

Eva, I did not know you were retiring so soon. Good for you!

Phyl, have a great time on the 7's get together. I will miss you and Janet.

Linda, thanks for the overview.......I needed it too.

Okay gang.......going out to eat. I eat out after weighing in so I have six days to work on my loss. I know, some habits die hard, but I do make better choices.

Hey! I've been here a couple of times! I haven't done much writing, but I do read and I have kept up with the news. I hope the Lucky 7's have so much fun at the beach house that it takes a whole week to get the sand out of their underpants.

Judy