Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I also fly Delta on the way out to Vegas. I arrive in SLC at 9:03am, out of SLC at 9:45am and into Vegas at 10:10am. You got me excited. Thought we might be on the same flight. Flying Alaskan Airline on the way back with a layover in Seattle for a bit. I absolutely LOVE flying into Seattle. So beautiful..

Drats, wish I would've waited to book now, as I was going to take that same flight it was the same price. But since I figured I'd be riding to the airport with DH that morning I might as well take the earlier flight and spend my wait time in Vegas instead of here. We could've been on the same flight. But you will be arriving Vegas in the same area so I will just wait there at the gate for your flight.

A real drive by - i am too pooped to be on the computer - but since I haven't posted since Sat morning - wanted you all to know I am alive..

3 hrs sleep fri/sat - 5/6 sat/sun - got stuff done - went to another bday dinner - didn't get to bed til after 11 last night

today around 1:30 Andrew;s back went out - had to take him to doc - then gym and cooking right now - I think I will be asleep by 8...

Love will post in the a.m.

Drats, wish I would've waited to book now, as I was going to take that same flight it was the same price. But since I figured I'd be riding to the airport with DH that morning I might as well take the earlier flight and spend my wait time in Vegas instead of here. We could've been on the same flight. But you will be arriving Vegas in the same area so I will just wait there at the gate for your flight.

I imagine it would cost you at least $50 to change. Close enough arrival time that we can just meet for a nice lunch in Vegas or find a place to shop if we decide to take a taxi.

Janet's tired so one of us should do a head count and make sure we have everyone included and with a place to sleep. I cannot remember if all the units are 2BR or if some are 3.

A real drive by - i am too pooped to be on the computer - but since I haven't posted since Sat morning - wanted you all to know I am alive..

3 hrs sleep fri/sat - 5/6 sat/sun - got stuff done - went to another bday dinner - didn't get to bed til after 11 last night

today around 1:30 Andrew;s back went out - had to take him to doc - then gym and cooking right now - I think I will be asleep by 8...

Love will post in the a.m.

Hope you can get some much needed rest, Janet. :ohmy:

BTW...I fly in at 10:10am on Friday and leave at 7am Monday. Need to find a room near the airport for Sunday night. Joyce....maybe we could room together Sunday night if you decide to stay.

Looks like Lori and I fly in not too far apart. I thought I would just take a cab and never thought about Janet and Eva picking us up. That would be very nice but can still do the cab...or...Lori and I can have a lunch together and wait for others to fly in. I'm cool with anything. __________________

27864.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1276040580

Apples, I get in at 11:20am.....so, if you and Lori hang around the airport we can catch a cab together.

BTW...I fly in at 10:10am on Friday and leave at 7am Monday. Need to find a room near the airport for Sunday night. Joyce....maybe we could room together Sunday night if you decide to stay.

Looks like Lori and I fly in not too far apart. I thought I would just take a cab and never thought about Janet and Eva picking us up. That would be very nice but can still do the cab...or...Lori and I can have a lunch together and wait for others to fly in. I'm cool with anything. __________________

27864.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1276040580

Apples, I get in at 11:20am.....so, if you and Lori hang around the airport we can catch a cab together.

Great, Arlene. If we do that, it might lighten the load for Janet or Eva doing airport runs. So happy you are coming

I imagine it would cost you at least $50 to change. Close enough arrival time that we can just meet for a nice lunch in Vegas or find a place to shop if we decide to take a taxi.

Janet's tired so one of us should do a head count and make sure we have everyone included and with a place to sleep. I cannot remember if all the units are 2BR or if some are 3.

Janet, hope you get some much needed rest!! Hope Andrews back is better.

Okay, for Vegas we have:

Lori, Linda, & Apples one suite

Janet, Phyl & ? one suite

Eva & maybe Arlene one suite

Joyce & Cheri one suite?

What am I missing?

Hello everyone, I feel like I've been absent forever... I've caught up with the reading but just don't have the energy to post.... Lots going on.... Wedding on Saturday..... Sunday after church we finished our flooring and DH got the trim back up.... Looks nice.... Now to redecorate things... Did quite a bit of that today, but lots left... DH carried the tubs of stuff from my big china closet upstairs tonight so that is my tomorrow project.... I have to clean all the crystal and china so it will be a big job.... Will have to do it bit by bit..... I'm still waiting for a call about my area rug.. It should be done by now, so will call them tomorrow.... Then I can take the pickup to Bismarck and get it and my new recliner and return a few extra boxes of laminate...... I also have a list of things I need now, too.. But all in all I'm happy with what we did.....

My pain has been bad the last few days.... Having a bad spell now and waiting for the pills to kick in..... I did have a half hour massage today so thought it would be better tonight, but it isn't....

I did look up flights from here to LV, but didn't settle on anything yet... We have non-stop Allegiant Air here but they only fly certain days and the price for October was up..... MY brother says to wait and the prices will change... So there is hope for me yet.... Does someone have a couch for me still or not????? I want to come and am not afraid to fly like the last time, but just know that I can't do a bunch of walking... Since some of you feel the same I'm more comfortable about things... I'm trying to be on the "yes" list.....

Well, need to go try to distract this pain somehow... I'm thinking ice pack............... Glad you are all doing well and I hope I can find a way to get back on her more often soon..... Hugs to all............. Julie

Welcome home, Karen. Sounds like a busy weekend for you.

Lori - love the pix of DH and his fish and your camping with Family sounded soooo peaceful. Good job on $200 savings on patio set.

Julie - I rented the 2 bedroom and Cheri will be in with me. There is a couch available, if you would like to join us. And, once again, I'll be sitting by the pool and not doing alot of walking or shopping.

Laura - good job keeping Nels out of camp. They were not doing their job taking care of him.

LauraK - hope DD's furniture arrives soon and glad she enjoyed first day at work.

No energy today - will increase my Protein tomorrow. Could just be the oppressive heat.

Bedtime. sleep well, ladies.

I did look up flights from here to LV, but didn't settle on anything yet... We have non-stop Allegiant Air here but they only fly certain days and the price for October was up..... MY brother says to wait and the prices will change... So there is hope for me yet.... Does someone have a couch for me still or not????? I want to come and am not afraid to fly like the last time, but just know that I can't do a bunch of walking... Since some of you feel the same I'm more comfortable about things... I'm trying to be on the "yes" list.....

Julie, I think I am getting a one bedroom. You can sleep on my couch. I was waiting for Eva to see if she wanted to get a two bedroom. I will "hang" back with you. I am having a FM morning, but I have to get moving. I have an appt to get scar tissue removed from the lense on my left eye. I feel like a cataract is coming back. So this should take care of it.

Okay, got get out there and walk before the rain starts. You would think Alex is coming here.

Tootles!

Hi guys~ Nice to hear everyone checking back in.

I got an update from the director of the camp. They offered a refund minus a 10% admin fee. (but I had gotten a 2nd t shirt for the 2nd week that we get to keep). They apologized for the oversights and said they would use this as an opportunity to improve things. So, I am pleased with the outcome. Nelson did LOVE feeding the stingrays and learning a lot about sealife.

Apples~ your story about the your son's experience with the burn made me feel good about my decision. Sorry you had the loss despite eating "like a piggy". I know that is frustrating for you. I like your solution of mayo and butter this week. The weekend sounded like fun- all the parties.

Julie~ glad you got the remodeling done. It will be nice when it's done. I know we felt great just after painting the whole inside. It took me a year to hang things back up b/c I had the guy fill in all the nail holes. (the only reason things were where they were, is b/c the previous owners left the nails).

Janet~ Sorry you are so pooped from the weekend. Sounds like a doozie. Hope your GS's back is doing better.

Lori~Glad you had a good weekend camping! Sounds like a wonderful time.

ok guys, I have two active 6 year old boys running around my house! Might be time to swim. I will CBL.....peasout.. Laura

Laura...good going on getting a refund on camp and good to hear they are going to use your experience and learn from it.

Sad to hear that you are not sure if Vegas trip will work for you. Can DH make that a weekend he has off work???? Do you have any neighbors that you are close to that you trust to take Nels for a couple of overnighters??? My children did not have grandparents that "babysat" (basically saw them at Christmas and that was it) and we took turns with our friends when us parents needed a weekend and or even a 2 week trip. There were many times we moved into town for a couple of weeks to care for up to six kids, plus ours at our friends house. Was great for the kids to experience living in town and having fake siblings.

Julie...wish I lived closer...I'd take you on a shopping spree and we'd have your house decorated in a few hours. You could just sit in your chair with a flat Diet Dr. Pepper and I would do the work!

Lots of activity here on the farm today. Hauling corn to town with semis, tiling, cultivating, extra guys for dinner for me but already have the Soup on the stove and the egg salad is mad. I have laundry done and hanging out on the line and catching up on the book and trying to get a little housework done. Need to run after lunch to do banking and a few farm errands.

Have another big weekend ahead of us. DH is thinking of going up with me on Thrusday so we can actually have some alone time. Have to hit a retirement party on the way. Friday is a 5pm BBQ/potluck and plan on sneaking out early for recharge and some sleep. Would have been "Mom's" 90th bday on the 3rd. Getting together with her family (my fake family) at their lake resort on Sat. early till about 4pm. Then we have a "machine shed" party at some friends about 3 miles from our resort. Have a get-together at 8pm back at our resort. Sunday is a pot-luck at our lake place with about 40 ppl (just friends). I am making grilled steak strips and the Desserts and others will fill in with salads, etc.

All of us women and children are staying at the lake for the entire week for a little fun. Lots of floating on the raft, swimming, dinners on the deck, etc. Will need the rest and relaxation after the big weekend. I will have a dental appt thrown in there on Wed and will need a day or two to feel sorry for myself and do some healing.

Hope you all have a great day...gotta run

Good morning! Another hot one out there today. The heat is supposed to last through tomorrow and then cool down to the 80's by the weekend. That will be nice because DH is hoping to get the backyard in this weekend. That will be so nice to be rid of the dirt!! Today is one month since we have been in the house. Can't believe that already. And in that month I've already been to Denver once and then the Colorado camping trip. Plus I am going to Denver tomorrow to see Grandma. Not too bad. I thought I was going to have all this free time but so far NOT! Today I am going to walk in to this hair place and take my chances on a cut and color. My gray is showing really bad. I have no idea where to go and saw a sign when we went to dinner the other night, went into the place it looked nice so wish me luck! I hate going to a new hair place. I had thoughts of going back to my gal in Denver but that takes up so much time of the day when I could be with Grandma.

Laura, glad the camp ended up working with you and is willing to learn from the experience.

Apples, are you saying we are going to have to do without you all next week? Sounds like a glorious week though. All your talk of the lake place takes me back to my grandparents cottage in northern Wisconsin when I was growing up, those are my best memories of my childhood so I enjoy hearing about the lake place.

Julie, hope the pain is better. Glad to hear you are considering Vegas! Take some pics of your remodel.

joyce, I was feeling weak like that yesterday as well. Maybe you are onto something about the heat.

Eva, hope you are having a good time in Colorado.

Jodi, still at Fire Island??

Janet, hope you got some much needed sleep last night and are feeling refreshed.

Morning...... I was up kinda late, so I also slept in.... woke by the phone.. DD called to say someone was looking for me and wondered where I was.... home sleeping!!!!!

Joyce and Arlene, thanks for the offer.. Since you ordered a single, Arlene, to have some privacy and the fact that she said it first, I will happily accept Joyce's offer....... Thanks so much both of you...... I'm going to tell my husband that I'll make a trade with him... He wants to go to a tractor auction so badly to get another old tractor.... He can go if I can go!!!! Just have to get my flight set... I'll be monitoring Allegiant so I can get a good price.......

Apples your weekend sounds just the opposite of ours... We have nothing planned unless DF's parents come up and we do Sunday dinner on the 4th...... But I don't mind..... We've been so busy that just sitting is good with me.... My friend with the brain aneurysm said they aren't doing anything either, so may ask them to come in, too....

Nice day today, but must work on my china closet.... unpacking and washing all that stuff..... ugh!!! I'm just gonna do a tub at atime and then rest....

My area rug will be done by Thursday so will plan a trip to Bismarck that day to "shop"....... Apples, I would love to have you be my decorator... I'm not good at it.... but it's been okay for all these years so I guess I manage.....

Laura, glad you got things worked out with the camp....

Well I'd better get started.... TTYL..... Julie

Yes, Great, you guys will have 11 glorious days free of my "chatter". I will be leaving here on Wednesday, June 30 and not back until Tuesday, July 12.

Good luck with the hair place. I know how you feel about going to someone new. Or, could be that this person will be "the one" and you will come out smiling.