Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Yep, Janet, I'm pretty darned excited too. My DH had a talk with me last night and told me that after pretty much keeping things together and organized on this farm and tiling business, that I need to learn to let go and not feel the guilt of doing things for me. I actually started doing it a couple of years ago and have always done my 2-3 girl trips a year but not without feeling I shouldn't be doing leave when my guys are so booked with work. He reminded me that's one of the reasons we hired DS four years ago and that I do not have to work like a man on this farm anymore. (Hence the many hernias I have had to have repaired). Guess I need to work on letting go of the guilt. (Counting to 10.....OK...I'm over the guilt now). LOL

Good for your friend having bypass and along with that changing to a healthy way of life. It does not always happen that way...whatever WLS a person has. I think with bypass, it's easier to forget that the lifestyle has to change along with the surgery.

Have fun at your party. One of ours is a surprise (40th) and the other I'm not sure if I'm too excited about. DH's friend's wife. She's just one of those ppl. Debbie Downer. Hope she appreciates what he has done to have this party for her.

Made some sinful bars to take to both of the parties. Completely "loaded" fudge brownies and cream cheese lemon bars. Had a couple last night. They passed the "OK to bring to the party test".

You guys will get a kick out of this. Any of you that are from a really small town (400 population) will get it and think this is the norm.

There is an annual celebration this weekend in the little town near where our resort is located. "Old Settlers Reunion". Basically, it consists of garage sales, brats and hamburger in the park, beer garden in the park, volunteer fireman's Water competition (putting a keg on a line and trying to hose between teams), and a chicken pooping contest. Now, doesn't that just sound like the most fun you have EVER had????

When you guys booked the rooms for Vegas, did you check to see if we could be near each other. When I booked for FL, I requested but one of the three condos (which we gave up anyway) was as far away as could be from the other two. Just a thought.

Apples - Yes let go of the guilt !!! Give your DH a kiss on the cheek from me...

On the rooms being close to each other - I think I saw that when we get there we ask for that - not sure I think Joyce & Linda &/or Lori have booked their rooms - I will do mine today..

I am waiting to see if Peaches is coming - she emailed me last night about the trip ... So this really is going to turn in to a big get together - Laura (peascorp) will be the next one to come :0) now that you are coming :0) she's not going to be left out LOL !!!

Ck poop - how do you get a chicken to poop on comand :0)

Yes sounds like fun !!!

Well I got stuff to do = cbl

Apples - Yes let go of the guilt !!! Give your DH a kiss on the cheek from me...

On the rooms being close to each other - I think I saw that when we get there we ask for that - not sure I think Joyce & Linda &/or Lori have booked their rooms - I will do mine today..

I am waiting to see if Peaches is coming - she emailed me last night about the trip ... So this really is going to turn in to a big get together - Laura (peascorp) will be the next one to come :0) now that you are coming :0) she's not going to be left out LOL !!!

Ck poop - how do you get a chicken to poop on comand :0)

Yes sounds like fun !!!

Well I got stuff to do = cbl

I'll be sure to give DH a kiss from you. Heck...I'll give him tongue! LOL

Not sure about the pooping on command thing with chickens. I think they just do it all the time.

Sounds like we will have a nice crowd. Wonder if Melissa has contemplated coming since she was unable to make the last meet. Would be fun to meet Peaches...hope she can make it. Laura just can't not come. That's a given.

Well, I'm ready to walk out the door. All the household chores are done (up at 4am), men, fert tanks and trailers and equipment delivered and redelivered to 2 different fields, gardens watered, meals made and laundry done. Have my new book in hand and dog waiting in the truck and a deck waiting for me to sit on my butt tomorrow.

You all have a good one! I'm going to Vegas, I'm going to Vegas.:thumbup:

You guys will get a kick out of this. Any of you that are from a really small town (400 population) will get it and think this is the norm.

There is an annual celebration this weekend in the little town near where our resort is located. "Old Settlers Reunion". Basically, it consists of garage sales, brats and hamburger in the park, beer garden in the park, volunteer fireman's Water competition (putting a keg on a line and trying to hose between teams), and a chicken pooping contest. Now, doesn't that just sound like the most fun you have EVER had????

Aww darn, wish I wasn't already busy this weekend -- the chicken poop contest is really hard to pass up. LOL. Seriously, I do know what you mean!

I booked on line and I think if it works like other resorts, we can request it when we check in - this resort appears to be very strict as it says check in at 4:00 and early check in must be arranged in advance and there will be a charge for it. So. . .if we all get there at different times we can change and hang out at the pool and then all go check in together at 4 and request rooms close together -- that should work I would imagine. Apples, I'll send you a copy of the confirmation -- it's $160 split 3 ways.

As far as grocery shopping goes, I thought I could pick up waters or other drink requests, and other refrigerated items like yogurt, milk, etc. I forgot Janet was driving and will have a car -- I'd still be willing to do it except if we can't check in early it may be a problem. Maybe one of us can call after all the reservations are made and see if they'll make an exception since we are all flying in at different times.

I'm so excited -- hope everyone can come!! Come on everyone, make reservations!!!!

Have fun at the lake Apples.

Linda

Both Eva & I will be driving -

I really planed on getting there before 4 - half the day will be wasted -

Once everyone has their flight info you are going to have to let us know - my car holds 5 max - Eva's jeep about the same I think..

food - I hadn't thought about it - coffee is the only thing I care about in the mornings :0) - I'll figure something out - hell this isn't til October - I got plenty of time to plan :0)

Both Eva & I will be driving -

I really planed on getting there before 4 - half the day will be wasted -

Once everyone has their flight info you are going to have to let us know - my car holds 5 max - Eva's jeep about the same I think..

food - I hadn't thought about it - coffee is the only thing I care about in the mornings :0) - I'll figure something out - hell this isn't til October - I got plenty of time to plan :0)

Yes, we have plenty of time to plan. LOL. Usually at this type of resort, they will hold your luggage if you can't check in early and let you change and go to the pool -- I hate these types of resorts where they make you wait until so late to check in.

Linda

Yes, we have plenty of time to plan. LOL. Usually at this type of resort, they will hold your luggage if you can't check in early and let you change and go to the pool -- I hate these types of resorts where they make you wait until so late to check in.

Linda

What time will you be arriving???

Joyce- 4 p.m

Linda

Janet - 1ish

Phyl - 1ish

Karen

Great

Eva

Cheri

Who else is planing on coming

What time will you be arriving???

Joyce- 4 p.m

Linda

Janet - 1ish

Phyl - 1ish

Karen

Great

Eva

Cheri

Who else is planing on coming

I arrive on Thurs. and will spend the night with my DS and DIL. My son can drop me off any time -- I'll probably plan to get to the resort by 1.

Laura?

LauraK?

Jodi?

Peaches?

Judy?

Linda

Peaches is going to think about it and will discuss it when when we have our Lucky #7 get together next week - and if she decides to come - (she's from Canada) she will most like room w/me & phy if she decides to come - it's alot of $$ for a 1 day get together (since pple won't be arriving til friday and leaving Sunday...)

Well, now I'm totally bummed about Vegas.....I had a sneaking suspicion that Apples would somehow manage to get there.... I'm happy for you all.... I just don't think I can keep up with all of you..... I'll morn quietly, maybe!!!!!

Had my mother to Bismarck for the doctor today... Got her meds all straightened out.... Doc wasn't happy she had stopped taking her Thyroid meds..... But all in all I feel better about how she is doing. Now just to get through these months of no driving....

I'm the same......had pain last night, but no crying....

Lori, sorry you missed Laura K..... maybe October....

We had company a little while ago.... Our oldest daughter and her husband from Bismarck. They came to get something out of storage..... They are the ones who have been so nasty to us after we let them live here for free for 18 months..... He just had back surgery and she finally wore out her disability and has to work.... She got fired from the first job... She says it was because she wanted to learn more than they wanted her to learn.... I don't believe that for a minute... She likes to think she knows everything and her way is the only way..... Found out his daughter, our step granddaughter was here for a week from Vegas and they never even tried to see us.... That's how much we count.... Pxxxes me off........ but oh well, it's there loss I guess.....

We had Mimi and Bailey last evening for a few hours... They had one major skirmish.. and Mimi won!!!! she's a scrapper I think...... She doesn't take much from anyone......

Arlene, sorry for your woes... Hope it's better soon....

Gotta go get supper for DH as he is about done mowing... Have a good night.... Julie

I booked the 2 bedroom which also has a couch. Would anyone like to share with me??? If not, I can change it to a one bedroom.

Have cut way back on my computer time so missed all the posts yesterday.

Karen - hope things work out so that you can join us.

Need to go book my air and have already secured my dog sitter for Gizmo.

Joyce

P.S. went shopping today and still look AWFUL in everything I tried on. Can't wait to enjoy shopping again.

Joyce, I can share.

Cheri

Ladies, I have not flown anywhere in years and years. I am not good at trolling the internet. I've never paid for anything online. These are the kind of details that make me crazy. I end up giving up. My husband spent a lot of time with the Florida thing trying to get a flight on a Fri. evening and a return and it wasn't possible. He's not too happy about trying to do it again. The cost was also prohibitive. In the past, flights to Vegas were relatively frequent and cheap but I have no idea if they still are. I'm going to try. Maybe my daughter will walk me though it. If anybody thinks ADHD is not at times debilitating, think again.

A friend recommended travelocity. We'll see.

Ladies, I have not flown anywhere in years and years. I am not good at trolling the internet. I've never paid for anything online. These are the kind of details that make me crazy. I end up giving up. My husband spent a lot of time with the Florida thing trying to get a flight on a Fri. evening and a return and it wasn't possible. He's not too happy about trying to do it again. The cost was also prohibitive. In the past, flights to Vegas were relatively frequent and cheap but I have no idea if they still are. I'm going to try. Maybe my daughter will walk me though it. If anybody thinks ADHD is not at times debilitating, think again.

A friend recommended travelocity. We'll see.

Call a travel agent Cheri - they still have them :0) - Are you a member of AAA - call them - if not call any travel agent -

I only buy some things online - you can go to price line or orbitz - and click airfair - then put in your from and too and a lot of diff options will pop up w/prices -

What city will you fly out of and i will ck for you..