Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

You know, Janet, after feeling so self-conscious, inadequate, etc. when we lived in our obese bodies, we continue to find faults even though those faults are something that no one else would notice. I have friend in their 60's and 70's. They will complain about their arms, thighs, hail damaged butt, etc. and I just don't see it.

Try going sleeveless a few times. It's freeing and by doing so, I have let go some of the insecurities about them. No one came up to me and said "OMG! You have three wrinkles on your upper arms."

And....most of those flaws we see are most likely nothing more than age-appropriate sags and wrinkles which most ppl have anyway.

Edited by Apples2

Linda - love the pix of you and LauraK together & her DD.

Karen - the before and after pix are amazing. What a great dentist.

Laura - fantastic blessing on news of your Dad. So happy for you and all family.

Thanks, Joyce. I did my reseach on the dentist and was able to visit with a few that he did the same procedures for. His fees are a little more than average but worth it.

Karen that's what my trainer keeps telling me - and I am letting go - a little at a time - getting use to the new body - not so nervouse about waking up fat tomorrow.

since I am almost2 yrs at being at goal - being a gym rat - being a healthy eater 98% of the time - I am learning to accept that I have made major changes in my life and take real credit for me making these changes - this is my new life

pple keep walking in - will finish later

Well darn it all. I made a post from my Itouch again today and it doesn't appear. Evidently I don't have that thing figured out well. I've been trying to practice as my son has offered to give me his old Iphone as he is getting the new one they are releasing this week and my plan with TMobile expires in a month. All this technology leaves me feeling dumb. LOL

Apples and Janet, I just need to substitute legs for arms in your posts above and can relate totally. I am working on embracing them and developing a better attitude towards them. I'd rather have them 'melting butter' though than hard lard. LOL

Janet...there's a chance we could all wake up fat tomorrow???? I'm skipping over tomorrow.

Great...see how that goes? We see things in others that we don't see as too bad and we focus on that one thing (or 2) that bother us about our own body. Grass it always greener..........

LauraK and Linda, you look fabulous dahlings. So nice you could meet each other and Laura's daughter.

Laura, the part of the brain that can predict outcomes and organize and plan and see consequences does not finish growing until about 25 yrs old. My kids are now all in their 30's, married, kids, steady jobs, etc. Tim was ADHD and took a little longer to pull it together, but all of them started changing at 25, and 30 was another wake up call to settle down and put together a meaningful life.

I must say that without the fat I'm much more tolerant of the heat and humidity than in the past.

I may take a nap. Stayed up later than usual to write an article for the school newsletter. I'm falling asleep in my chair.

If anyone passes through Chicago and wants to meet, let me know.

Cheri

Thanks for the compliments everyone. We are super critical of how we look -- You should have heard what I was saying to myself when I was looking at that picture -- lol. I try hard to see only POSITIVES but you know I worry I'm lying to myself - I compare it to -- I think I look pretty darn fabulous for 58 BUT then there are those contestants who try out for American Idol who think they can sing when they can't. So I worry it's the same type of thing. Of course, LauraK is such a "youngin" to stand next to so I had to be especially brave. LOL.

More thunder storms -- this is about the 7th day in a row - our grass already needs mowed again and it was just mowed on Sat. Ridiculous. We need a break -- feels like south Florida with all the heat and humidity. About 93 today and 97% humidity.

Wne for Breakfast? Depends on what time breakfast is. LOL. I'm not a wine drinker -- but I've known some people who drank wine for breakfast - probably not a good habit to start. LOL.

Well, I better get back to work. Glad the cement got done Lori.

CBL

Linda

Linda...loved your A.I. explanation. LOL

I was saying a couple of weeks ago that I think I expected to lose my weight, look in the mirror and see the same 38 yr old face I had prior to weight gain. Heck, sometimes I startle myself (honestly I do) when I look in the mirror and I have aged. That's just not supposed to happen!

Ok vote time again - we have some of us who want to get the early booking for October get together...

Desert Rose 2 bedroom is $420 /2 is $210 for Friday and Saturday - if 2 pple share a room and if someone sleeps on the couch it's $140 each

So is the vote for the Desert Rose - Phyl and I have a couch available for whom ever wants to room with use

I know Joyce is ready to book and she will have another bedroom and couch..

So who's in - need to get this done !!!

Ok vote time again - we have some of us who want to get the early booking for October get together...

Desert Rose 2 bedroom is $420 /2 is $210 for Friday and Saturday - if 2 pple share a room and if someone sleeps on the couch it's $140 each

So is the vote for the Desert Rose - Phyl and I have a couch available for whom ever wants to room with use

:smile2::crying::(:crying::):crying::thumbup::crying::ohmy::crying::P:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Sob, whine, cry, whine, weep, whine, etc., etc.,.....:sad:

Lori (Great) and I will have a couch available at Desert Rose also.

Linda

Janet, do you even have winter clothes? I guess when you term winter as 60's and 70's you must. What would you do if you really went to winter?? LOL How's work going? Have things settled down a bit?

Janet's idea of "winter clothes" just means long sleeves!! LOL

She doesn't know what REAL winter clothes are! Heck... a couple of days ago I headed out in a sweatshirt and came home and put on first a hooded sweatshirt and then a zip up the front sweatshirt! And if I'd thought of it, I'd put on my big thick fleece Alaska jacket!! But... It's almost 70 today and the sun has been out all day! Things may be looking up!

Forgot to ask, how many carbs do these new little Bagels you guys are talking about have? Not sure I could do one even toasted but maybe an option if I have a craving. I just don't do well with breads though.

I don't usually do well with bread either, but I can eat it if it's thin, crispy, etc. I eat the sandwich rounds once in a while, but not very often.

Oh one more thing, I asked a few days ago in a post but it probably got buried on a day no one was around.

I was at Target looking at those Champion pants that were discussed awhile back on here. They had 3 fits, relaxed, fitted and semi fitted or something like that. Which is the fit you guys like? Also sports bras? I heard the Champion one was also good. For some reason with moving I can't find my sports bras for working out but have lots of others that wonderful Apples sent me.

You probably need to just try on some of those pants. I like the relaxed fit/petite...PL. But... I carry a LOT of weight in my butt and thighs, and I'm very short... like barely 5 ft.

Laura...your dad wanting to do the inpatient rehab is such a great idea. Plus, it will give your mom the break she has been needing.

How about Canada. Lake Victoria. Just an absolutely beautiful place. We are heading to Northern Canada for a couple of weeks in August. We have friends that invited us up. They own a resort up there and the guys will be doing some bear hunting (poor bears). So many options this time of the year in Canada. So many local celebrations to get in on, etc. Pull up the Lake Victoria region and see what you think.

Wine for breakfast? Not sure....ask Phyll!

I agree... rehab for dad sounds like a GREAT idea!

Canada... last year the "7's" went to Wasaga Beach.. very pretty up there. Also love Victoria BC and Whistler BC. Great summer places to visit. Banff... gorgeous! Canadian Rockies are just spectacular!!

Wine for breakfast.... Hmmmm, maybe that orange juice/champagne drink... can't remember what you call it... Mimosa, I think.. Very good... but can't imagine wine for breakfast!

Now to keep the dogs out of the wet concrete?:smile2: I think we should make the "topic of the day": Your take on Laura drinking wine for breakfast. I say OK as long as it's low carb, you're in Vegas or you have an egg white omelette to go with it.:smile:

Egg white omelet? ?? I'd pair that with the Mimosa!! LOL

7_4_14.gif

Well darn it all. I made a post from my Itouch again today and it doesn't appear. Evidently I don't have that thing figured out well. I've been trying to practice as my son has offered to give me his old Iphone as he is getting the new one they are releasing this week and my plan with TMobile expires in a month. All this technology leaves me feeling dumb. LOL

I consider my self a "techy grandma", but... I got an iTouch for Christmas and still trying to figure thigns out! I have recently been successful in downloading some eBooks and I enjoy reading my books when I'm on the bike, or at night in bed! I can't figure out the right format to download audio books from my local library, though! I think Apple has given way too much control to itunes for syncing the itouch! If you can't sync it with iTunes, it won't sync. I need a grandchild to help me!! I am very tempted to get the new iPhone, though! DGD thinks her iPhone is great and has talked DD in to getting one... She is one of the 600,000 waiting for the iPhone4!! She ordered one last week! I am tempted to get one. I'm due for an upgrade and I already have AT&T, so I think I can get the new one for $200.

Ok vote time again - we have some of us who want to get the early booking for October get together... Desert Rose 2 bedroom is $420 /2 is $210 for Friday and Saturday - if 2 pple share a room and if someone sleeps on the couch it's $140 each

I think Desert Rose sounds great. You have my vote for that. I informed Earl yesterday of our Vegas plans!

:(:crying::):crying::thumbup::crying::ohmy::crying::P:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::sad::crying:

Sob, whine, cry, whine, weep, whine, etc., etc.,.....:sad:

36_2_18.gif

C'mon now... quit your whining

and figure out how to get away for a couple of days!!

We NEED you to come!

Problem is, Phyll, I cannot even begin to consider it until closer to the time we go. All depends on the crops. We got in the fields early this year and most likely means an early harvest. One week earlier and it might have worked. Will just wait on it and see what happens. I'm not a pouter but I could be if I miss this trip. As far as accomodations go, I can always find a room somewhere close if there is no room.

I am working on DH a bit but feel a little guilty. We are taking that 2 week trip to Canada in late August and it will be a spendy one. Putting mega $$ into my mouth this summer, investing in DS's business ventures he is getting into, etc. I realize I could do this Vegas trip for very little so will just see. But, thanks for saying you would want me to come. Hell, I want me to come!

Whew!......y'all have been busy on the posts today. I have been grandma.....ing today. I did get in my walk and bike riding.

Great.....bagels..110 cal, 1fat, 5 Protein, and........24carbs! Glad I only ate a half.

Apples, I know.....I want to go too. It is just too soon after the new Grandbaby comes and we are booked for November.

Linda and Laura......love, love , love......the pic!

Laura.....I had a friend that took a family vacation to Costa Rica and loved it. There was alot to do, but I don't know where she stayed. I saw pics of the family on zip lines. She has boys.

I guess it pays to be married to a Geek. He is my "tech go to guy".

Oh, Janet, I just planted cupcakes on FV. hee!hee!

Julie? Jessica? Meredith? where are you?

Hi Ladies,

I got on the computer here in the lobby, finally read thru posts.

Thanks for the comps.

Linda you do not look fat nor are you!

I am critical of the pic too, my hair looks like sh!t. lol

I really enjoyed meeting you and had a great time chatting.

Lori, I will give you a call tomorrow should be in mid afternoon as it is only 6 hrs from cheyanne. We are picking a hotel tonight so I can let you know.

Hope you are all doing great and will catch up later.

LauraK