Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Arlene, not sure I am going to keep up with a trainer but will take my free session for sure! Maybe down the road as my results start to plateau would be a good time for one.

I love, love, love Dr Denese stuff. That's really when I miss my employee discount!

Apples, are you coming back today??

Thanks for the kudos Joyce and I really will plan a get together before winter. Do you live near Shawnee?

Congrats Lori -- wtg on the gym. I still need to get my free consult with a trainer - the only one they have lives out of town and he hasn't been able to work out a time/date when he will come here to meet with me - my work hours aren't convenient for him - I work until 6 - but you'd think he could come on a Sat.? I keep complaining to the gym that I'm supposed to get a free consultation and I'm not about to take off work to get it. It's been 3 months already! Geez!

So glad you can get yours in right away -- let me know if you learn something exciting.

Apples where are you???????????????

Haven't heard from LauraK - only another hour till I'm supposed to leave to meet her. I'll call her if I don't hear soon.

Linda

Linda, tell Laura, I am anxious about meeting her on Wed. if it works out.

I think my training session is really just to go over the machines, I don't think it's going to be very specific but who knows. They do have these new machines I've never seen before called Hoist machines, they are basic weight machines but your whole body moves (rocking I think they call it) when you do the movements. I don't know but I liked them and if you do each machine in order down the line you get a total body workout. I thought it was a good place to start anyway. My upper body is way weaker than my lower. I could hardly do any weight on my shoulders.

Okay today is one of those days I have time to post and read and no one is here. LOL

Lori - congrats on gym time. Way to go.

Linda - Shawnee is close enough. I live in Overland Park and both are suburbs of K.C.

Busy day at my house.

Heard from LauraK right after I posted -- she's safe and sound in Des Moines - I'll be leaving in about 20 mins. to meet up with her at Applebees. We'll behave, I promise!!

Those machines sound neat Lori, my gym is brand new and we don't have those.

I'll be back with pics to load.

CBL.

Linda

As promised....my b/4 and after composites. See? The teeth do need some updating.

Will talk to you all later. Just got home. Missed ya all

Hello... just checking in... quiet day on here! Nelson survived camp (and me too, though it was a LONG day!!!) I voted to pick the kids up (carpooling with two others but couldn't wait another minute to see them!!!) sooooooo cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE the laughter of 6 year olds in the back seat eating M&M cookies!!!! : )

Apples~ WOW!!! Amazing before and after pic!!!! : ) So happy for you to be doing this for yourself. You deserve it.

ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dad's pet scan was COMPLETELY negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is in remission!!!!!!!!!!! The oncologist said it is very rare but he is pleased and amazed. I think I now believe in miracles. Wow, what a glorious day! <dancing> I cried tears of joy for an hour after my parents called- still in shock!

peasout... Laura

Edited by peascorps

SHE'S BACK, APPLES IS HOME!! said in her signature green color

Your new teeth look wonderful! Are you done with the dental work now?? What a beautiful smile!

As promised....my b/4 and after composites. See? The teeth do need some updating.

Will talk to you all later. Just got home. Missed ya all

Oh, Apples, beautiful smile!.........you are beautiful! inside and out!

Hello... just checking in... quiet day on here! Nelson survived camp (and me too, though it was a LONG day!!!) I voted to pick the kids up (carpooling with two others but couldn't wait another minute to see them!!!) sooooooo cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE the laughter of 6 year olds in the back seat eating M&M cookies!!!! : )

Apples~ WOW!!! Amazing before and after pic!!!! : ) So happy for you to be doing this for yourself. You deserve it.

ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dad's pet scan was COMPLETELY negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is in remission!!!!!!!!!!! The oncologist said it is very rare but he is pleased and amazed. I think I now believe in miracles. Wow, what a glorious day! <dancing> I cried tears of joy for an hour after my parents called- still in shock!

peasout... Laura

WooHoo!!!!!!Awesome news! Yes, a miracle for sure!!!!!

Oh Laura...such wonderful news. Happy Day! I am just so relieved and happy for you.

Thanks on the teeth comments, guys! No, by no means done with procedures. Will be at it most of the summer. Had the front bottom extractions a couple of weeks ago and now have a temp (but very realistic looking) snap in until I can get my bottom bridge in 4 weeks. This last visit was grinding down the top back (4 teeth) and three hours in the chair. Also have temp caps on them for 3 weeks. But, so not painful (except for in the chair) and temps fit so natural.

That after photo is the end result doc did on his computer. Have many steps to go. Resculpting to front gums to make room for longer teeth. God shorted me on my natural teeth. He gave me nice boobs instead. LOL. Figure it will all be done by mid-September. Time for healing in between each loooooooong session in the chair. Will be so worth it though.

I should have called Julie to have her post that all is well with us after the terrible tornados last week. Total of 63 tornados in our fine state on Thursday. I was in the path but no damge at the resort I was staying at and no damage to our lake place. I have a friend from the lake that lives in Wadena, MN. The damage done was devastating. She is an insurance agent and has been kept quite busy with claims. Absolutely wiped out neighborhoods. Populations of 4,000 and 252 homes demolished. School with a lot of damage, community center gone, some business' gone. We were very lucky. 3 deaths in our state. Many, many farm sites leveled.

Had a great time with my friend at the resort. Stayed Wed and Thursday nights. DH met me at lake on Friday for a very nice/quite weekend. He spent most of his time with buddies. They are always cooking up something to do. It's usually projects around the resort. The owners are so lucky that these guys (about a dozen of them) are farmers and can't sit still. They do not have to hire any work done as these guys love to work on their "down" time.

Worked 9 hours for my friend today at her salon. I love it. A "stupid" job....don't have to think...don't have to bring it home with me. Have never had a job b/4 where I didn't have to pour myself into it. Just customer service. She is remodling and is leaving some of it in my hands as she is extremely busy running two shops. Should be fun spending someone else's money for once. LOL

Well, gotta go make dinner for my two men and will check in later. Caught up on all the posts (man, it takes forever after being gone). No time to comment individually. Not happy about that but gotta pretend like I am a good farm wife...at least a couple of times a week. Getting weak and feeling a whine coming on about Vegas. Never whine to DH on things but this might just happen.

peasout... Laura

Fantastic Laura! So happy for you and your family. Whenever you have to let go of Nels a little, you make me smile with how hard it is for you. But you're doing it anyway. Good for you.

Apples, the composite is incredible. Can't wait to see the real thing.

Arlene. I was thinking about your Dr.'s advice with the no beef unless organic and all that. You have fibromyalgia. I'm not sure if that's an autoimmune disease but I do know that with some autoimmune diseases like RA people who eliminate all red meat can experience remission or greatly reduced symptoms in their disease. I know it really helped my sister.

So stick with the chicken and fish. But back away from the carbs.

Cheri

Fantastic Laura! So happy for you and your family. Whenever you have to let go of Nels a little, you make me smile with how hard it is for you. But you're doing it anyway. Good for you.

Apples, the composite is incredible. Can't wait to see the real thing.

Arlene. I was thinking about your Dr.'s advice with the no beef unless organic and all that. You have fibromyalgia. I'm not sure if that's an autoimmune disease but I do know that with some autoimmune diseases like RA people who eliminate all red meat can experience remission or greatly reduced symptoms in their disease. I know it really helped my sister.

So stick with the chicken and fish. But back away from the carbs.

Cheri

Cheri...that composite photo is exactly what the end result will be. All impressions have been done and bridge and 20 crowns are just sitting there waiting to be installed.

Arlene...congrats on the weightloss and getting to the "real" food stage. I just have to put my 2 cents worth in...I cringed when I read bagel. Gotta have some carbs but I would eliminate that one. Maybe it's because I was one to eat a large bagel each morning dripping in Peanut Butter or cream cheese/jam. I KNOW it contributed to my weight gain. But, you are sticking to you caloric intake and admire you for that.

Joyce...a BIG congrats on reaching Onderland. Feels great, doesn't it?:thumbup: