Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Arlene, not sure I am going to keep up with a trainer but will take my free session for sure! Maybe down the road as my results start to plateau would be a good time for one.

I love, love, love Dr Denese stuff. That's really when I miss my employee discount! Apples, are you coming back today??

I had two free trainer sessions. Valuable because 1st time he just interviewed me... goals, health concerns, etc. Second time he showed me 4 wgt machines he thought I should use and watched while I went through that routine... critiquing and helping me decide on the correct amt of weights. I've added one machine since then... thigh abdubctor. But, very worthwhile indeed.

As promised....my b/4 and after composites. See? The teeth do need some updating. Will talk to you all later. Just got home. Missed ya all

We ALWAYS miss you when you're gone! It gets TOO quiet here! Teeth photos are GREAT... very impressive outcome! Such a lovely lady!!

Hello... just checking in... quiet day on here! Nelson survived camp (and me too, though it was a LONG day!!!) I voted to pick the kids up (carpooling with two others but couldn't wait another minute to see them!!!) sooooooo cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE the laughter of 6 year olds in the back seat eating M&M cookies!!!! : )

Apples~ WOW!!! Amazing before and after pic!!!! : ) So happy for you to be doing this for yourself. You deserve it.

ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dad's pet scan was COMPLETELY negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is in remission!!!!!!!!!!! The oncologist said it is very rare but he is pleased and amazed. I think I now believe in miracles. Wow, what a glorious day! <dancing> I cried tears of joy for an hour after my parents called- still in shock! peasout... Laura

Camp.... too funny! You are a kick!!

Wonderful news about your dad!!!

I am still spending too much time shopping on the internet for a puppy!

Jessica, where are you??? Julie??? Who else are we missing today?? Jodi... still enjoying Fire Island! Here we are still wearing sweat shirts and DH & I just made a crock pot full of chili!! High today... about 61 ! High all this week... maybe 71 if we're lucky... on Wed., I think!

Phyll...too funny. I read "thigh abductor". Now, that's a machine we all wanted a time or two in our lives.

Sorry your puppy is not what you hoped for. When I am dog shopping, I look for the calm in them. I would always spend time, come back if I was not sure. A dog that is not afraid to come up and greet you but at the same time, not all over you. It pays to be patient...especially if the dog will be around children. And, with you guys living in a resort setting, it especially is important to find one that has a calm demeanor. It will all hit you when you find the right one for you.

I had two free trainer sessions. Valuable because 1st time he just interviewed me... goals, health concerns, etc. Second time he showed me 4 wgt machines he thought I should use and watched while I went through that routine... critiquing and helping me decide on the correct amt of weights. I've added one machine since then... thigh abdubctor. But, very worthwhile indeed.

We ALWAYS miss you when you're gone! It gets TOO quiet here! Teeth photos are GREAT... very impressive outcome! Such a lovely lady!!

Camp.... too funny! You are a kick!!

Wonderful news about your dad!!!

I am still spending too much time shopping on the internet for a puppy!

Jessica, where are you??? Julie??? Who else are we missing today?? Jodi... still enjoying Fire Island! Here we are still wearing sweat shirts and DH & I just made a crock pot full of chili!! High today... about 61 ! High all this week... maybe 71 if we're lucky... on Wed., I think!

What is it with your weather out there, Phyll???? Sounds like you are getting just what we got last month. 9:20 here and just got in from doing flowers and sweating in shorts and a tank.

Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah... I know Janet has a favorite shopping place in Vegas but she'll have to tell us which one it is.

Wii says I'm down 2 1/2 lb this week. Hope the TOPS scale agrees.

Definitely open to all options including a puppy. What kind of dog does your friend in Denver have??

WTG Phyl on you 2.5 !!!!!

I was in the Mall on the Strip – but only got to the Loft – as we had to meet Candice – then we went to the Premium outlets -

Good morning girls!

I had a tough morning today. Took Nels to his first day of camp! (It's a sea life camp at the beach- sharks and stingrays today!!!) I was more anxious (by a mile) than he was. He went to camp the last couple summers but it was at his Montessori school (so it was the same place/same teachers). This is is first year going to a big kid camp- where he is one of the youngest kids (starts at age 6). Just getting out of wet/sandy clothes, changing, getting lunch, packing up all their stuff (without intervention). There are camp counselors but they have to be able to do everything on their own. I KNOW he will be fine- I just worry about him. Nothing worse than if you are hot/sweaty/wet and your underwear and shorts get rolled and tangled- trying to get them up. Heat index is near 100 and just worry about him drinking Water. I know... I know... he will be fine. I feel like I need a glass of wine or something!

Well, I had said I was proud of my NOT gaining weight while I was in NC... well, I LOST 3 lbs!!! Perhaps it was all the stress... and I did eat pretty healthy. Will see check in a couple days before i change my ticker. I have soooo much to do today (cleaning, unpacking, shopping, etc) so probably won't get to the gym today and just too late to walk outside now. (but I vow to go tomorrow after I drop him off at camp!) I didn't get much done this weekend as I spent most of it trying to give DH some "down time" the last two days of his vacation after the stressful week in NC. We had a great Fathers Day. The boys had an early morning swim and then cooked two of DH's favorite meals. Lunch: Grilled ground lamb kebabs, hummus, grilled pita, greek salad, stuffed grape leaves. Dinner: Grilled chicken, sliced homegrown tomatoes, Pasta with garlic/parsley/yogurt. I didn't have bread and had 1/4 cup of the pasta and just that little bit bothered me! Felt full/stuck/pain for 2 hrs after. No PB but was not comfortable (I guess it just swelled up after I ate).

I looked at some of the places you mentioned for Vegas. Nice! I like the ones that have the kitchen, etc. It works out nice to have fridge for water/yogurt,etc. I am working on it- hope I can make it. :thumbup:

Phyl~sorry to hear that puppy didn't work out. From what I hear, it is best that you stuck to your gut instinct. The right one will come along.

Janet~ I hear ya on the shopping! I can't wait to be at a place where no more clothes to give away- and have what you need. : ) I am sooo proud of you!

Eva~ safe travels!

Arlene~ Sorry to hear about the reaction to carbs. Switch it up and should balance out.

Linda!~ wow, the sales sounded fabulous! WTG!

Apples~ Are you back yet?! hugs.

LauraK~ Happy travels!

ok guys, going to get my work done! I will CBL tonight. peasout... Laura

Laure the reason I am giving away - isn't that they are too big - it cuz I have too much in my closet !!! You know you try something on you think it looks cute - you wear it once or twice and never again - Did find a girl at work who wears 4-6 so she will be getting some stuff :0)

You are too funny about Nelson – omg wine at 8 in the morn – nope too early (well unless you are on vacation;0)

Excited to meet LauraK tonight -- can't wait to get off and drive up there. LOL. And, I can't wait until October now - I'm having too much excitement -- my trip next month -- and Vegas. I cut the tags off all my new clothes and already packed them for the trip -- no sense putting them in the closet/drawers - all I have to do is add my undies and swim suits and I'm ready to go.

Arlene, sorry about the stall, but you'll get it rolling again. You are an inspiration to all of us.

I got up at 5:00 and went to the gym -- I was proud of myself cause I was tired and really wanted to stay in bed and not work out but I promised myself over the weekend to try to work out every day until my trip so I did it. I want to look the best I can look when I get to Florida. My dress is sleeveless so I gotta continue to keep my arms in decent shape.

Janet, I have to clean out my closet again - most everything is too big again and I need to get rid of it so I don't have to buy more hangers -- you know it's bad when all the closets are full and you run out of hangers. I certainly should not shop any more either. (Until Vegas that it cause I wanna shop at Ann Taylor Loft).

Lori, yeah, I used to shop at that outlet mall too at the end of Las Vegas Blvd. -- its a great mall. I'm so happy you are running into some of your former friends and they are welcoming you. Have fun on your camping trip this weekend.

Phyll, sorry that dog didn't work out, but I do think you made a good decision -- she might have been okay eventually, but I worry about any dog that has biten in the past. It could be a sign of very bad abuse too. As we said before, the right one will find you. What a wonderful DH Earl is -- I'm impressed!!!

Laura, congrats on the 3 lbs. That's fabulous!!!!

CBL

Linda

Linda – I have my Lucky #7 get together 7/1 to 7/5 – so there will be some shopping there – well hell really I may have to be shopping for winter clothes – 61 today (per Phyl) that’s winter weather for me heck 74 is winter weather … I have only one other 7 who’s a shopper for clothes – well Phyl likes to shop for hats – purse & shoe :0). A couple of the girls are quilters – Well I’ll take that back Steph did a good deal of shopping when we went to the Mall of America.. – But don’t know how much shopping we will be doing – some I guess ;0)

WTG on the gym !!!

All I remember is the outlet we went to was off Charleston -

Linda - congrats on the shopping. It has been sooooo many years since I enjoyed shopping. You really scored the bargains. Wow.

Phyll - we also tried to find a rescue puppy, but, in the end, went for a baby dog so we could train him and NOT inherit problems. It was really a challenge living thru all the puppy energy - but he will be 2 on Friday and now he knows our routine and has settled in well.

Last time I was in LV I visited one of the outlet malls about 20 min. from the strip. Chico's is there and great bargains.

Joyce – I got a top at that Chico’s !!! Lucky Girl – Windows done and house clean !!!

This is my first time posting from my I-touch so please forgive any typos. But had to post right away and say I just left the gym!!!

I did it, it's been way too long since I've done any formal working out. I tried a few machines and have

an orientation with a trainer on Wed. I can go to any club so may check out another tomorrow that is about

as far and see which Iike best

Lori – WTG girl – you are going to drop those 10 lbs in no time and you are going to feel so much better getting back into your exercise routine

Great......WooHoo! for the gym and a trainer.

Joyce......yes I live south of Houston......about 25 minutes from downtown Houston.

Laura and Linda......yep the carbs got me.....gotta step up the walking to lose by Wednesday.

Janet.......the five easy pymts can really get ya. They had flat screen tv yesterday and sold out. I just needed some makeup. I started to buy Dr Denese wrinkle stuff, but I think I will just save for a facelift way down the rode. PS for my tummy is first. It prevents me from wearing a smaller size. First, I want to lose at least fifty lbs more.

Charlene – I like laura geller too – I just got her baked stuff – like it better than smashbox or bare minerals – I didn’t order anything :0)

PS in time – I talk about it – but don’t know if I will really do it – If I did I would be really small and I think I am small enough.. I think I would go down 1 size in my pants and I am happy where I am – and mines not that bad..

Arlene, not sure I am going to keep up with a trainer but will take my free session for sure! Maybe down the road as my results start to plateau would be a good time for one.

I love, love, love Dr Denese stuff. That's really when I miss my employee discount!

Apples, are you coming back today??

Great – I love the new miracle line from Philosophy better than Dr D – I would like to try the cold plasma but it cost too much

Linda, tell Laura, I am anxious about meeting her on Wed. if it works out.

I think my training session is really just to go over the machines, I don't think it's going to be very specific but who knows. They do have these new machines I've never seen before called Hoist machines, they are basic weight machines but your whole body moves (rocking I think they call it) when you do the movements. I don't know but I liked them and if you do each machine in order down the line you get a total body workout. I thought it was a good place to start anyway. My upper body is way weaker than my lower. I could hardly do any weight on my shoulders.

Okay today is one of those days I have time to post and read and no one is here. LOL

Every Day you will get stronger

Heard from LauraK right after I posted -- she's safe and sound in Des Moines - I'll be leaving in about 20 mins. to meet up with her at Applebees. We'll behave, I promise!!

Those machines sound neat Lori, my gym is brand new and we don't have those.

I'll be back with pics to load.

CBL.

Linda

Can’t wait to here how your meeting was – hope you took a camera !!!

As promised....my b/4 and after composites. See? The teeth do need some updating.

Will talk to you all later. Just got home. Missed ya all

OMG GIRL – YES YES YES – I can see why now !!!

Hello... just checking in... quiet day on here! Nelson survived camp (and me too, though it was a LONG day!!!) I voted to pick the kids up (carpooling with two others but couldn't wait another minute to see them!!!) sooooooo cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE the laughter of 6 year olds in the back seat eating M&M cookies!!!! : )

Apples~ WOW!!! Amazing before and after pic!!!! : ) So happy for you to be doing this for yourself. You deserve it.

ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dad's pet scan was COMPLETELY negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is in remission!!!!!!!!!!! The oncologist said it is very rare but he is pleased and amazed. I think I now believe in miracles. Wow, what a glorious day! <dancing> I cried tears of joy for an hour after my parents called- still in shock!

peasout... Laura

LAURA YEA YEA YEA HUGS !!! YEA YEA YEA

Apples, the half of a bagel was the new 110 calorie bagel(Thomas) which means I ate 55 calories. I bought them for DH. Yep, gotta stay away from the bread carbs......makes me bloat.

From Jodi

Hi Janet, I'm here in F.I. Trying to get online but can't get onto browser. Very frustrating! Wanted to read all the posts from the last two weeks and get updated however that doesn't seem to be happening! Wanted to just sends hig and kisses to all the gals if you would. Missing reading and posting keeping up with the goings on. It really doesn't feel so great not being able to discuss all my goings on with exercise, food and eating here on the Island. Please send my hugs and kisses, hoping all is doing good and everone feeling fine. Julie?? Well hoping tobget online so if not ill be posting again Monday or Tuesday! Have a great night! Jodi

Apples, the half of a bagel was the new 110 calorie bagel(Thomas) which means I ate 55 calories. I bought them for DH. Yep, gotta stay away from the bread carbs......makes me bloat.

Awww...I get it. I bought those for my DH also. Not much to them. He swallows a half in one bite. :thumbup:

Here's LauraK and her daughter and me. Had a great visit, but a quick one -- met at Applebee's for a quick bite but since they'd been driving 10 hours today and I had 70 miles each way trip to meet we didn't get to spend too much time together but it was fun. Really enjoyed her daughter -- what a mature young lady - very sweet and smart (just like her mom). And how brave of her to move so far away to begin her new career -- she's an amazing young woman.

Can't wait to get together with all the rest of you.

Linda

ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dad's pet scan was COMPLETELY negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is in remission!!!!!!!!!!! The oncologist said it is very rare but he is pleased and amazed. I think I now believe in miracles. Wow, what a glorious day! <dancing> I cried tears of joy for an hour after my parents called- still in shock!

peasout... Laura

Sooo happy to hear this great news about your Dad - that's fabulous. I'm just so happy to hear that news.

Apples, wow, that is a big difference - of course, as we all said you were beautiful before, but can see a big difference.

Laura, What great news about your Dad.....see all of our positive thoughts going his way is helping! I'm very happy for you too! Congrats on the 3 pounds too what a very good way to get positive reinforcement.

Great, good luck with that patio pour. Even though it's taking a while, you'll be so happy with it when it's done, sodded, landscaped and all. The dogs will love it too. My dog just loves to roll in the grass. I'm taking her with me for a couple of reasons, but one is the yard is fenced and has grass!! Good going with the gym too!!

Phyl, way to go on the 2.5 lbs. You won't be spending all the time on the computer if you do get a puppy...it will keep you busy watching it. The get into all sorts of mischief when they are young.

So Linda and LauraK are meeting right now...that is so cool. Can't wait to hear about it. So wow, you posted the pictures before I got finished posting....so cool. Really glad you two got to meet, even if only for a few minutes. Maybe we'll all get to meet in October. Maybe.

Hi Jodi, glad you are doing so well in FI.

Julie, how are you doing? Catching up from all your parties. Hope you are feeling a little better.

I'm really tired again. I seem to run on a bunch of energy and then it runs out and I have to crash. We had another power outage last night and it woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. Could be why I'm tired now.

Think I'll turn in early and see if I can catch up a bit.

Have a great evening.

Eva

Joyce, a two year old is still pretty rambunctious...but they do start to calm down then (at least some of them do). It's amazing how well they learn how we operate and work themselves right into our lives. Our dog has had to live by herself most of her life since DH and I work. She has a cat to keep her company, but I think the dog keeps the cat company more than the other way around. Glimmer is an inside dog (75 lb lab mix) but is very nice and well behaved.

Charlene, you'll get those extra lbs off. Now that you've been off the carbs for so long are you craving them? Or is it just the need for variety? I'm with you and the tummy lift...I doubt I'll ever look as good as Janet (I never was that small) and I don't think the fat lap will ever shrink to nothing...I'm just not built that way. We'll see about the face lift....maybe, but the tummy will have to go.

Apples, welcome back, glad you had such a good time. The teeth are dramatic. with the closeup, it's easy to see why you wanted to go through this. You are brave lady to do it without the meds. I might go through it too, but I'd be on meds for sure. You will have an absolutely stunning smile when it's over.

Cheri, Dr Weil supports the anti-inflammatory diet and it's your basic eat lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, less red meat...pretty much the same stuff we are supposed to be eating. There is some research about plants belonging to the night shade family such as tomatoes, potatoes, and eggplant contributing to inflammation but I don't think it's anything conclusive yet.

Janet, where are you meeting your lucky 7's? You'll be leaving when I'm coming back. As for PS, you really don't need it...you look great as you are...but if you really felt you needed it, then you know we would all support you.

Linda...thanks for sharing the photos of you, LauraK and her DD. You both look so nice. I can tell the difference with your hair layered like that. Looks great. That LauraK is cute as a button.

Hi Eva....yep...definately go the meds route with dental. I really don't have a choice. I am just lucky to have a high tolerance for pain. I have a low tolerance for Pains in the A$$ though.

Up at this early hour eating oatmeal with raisins and dates with vanilla soy milk. Best meal of the day.

Just read my last post. Hope none of you take it that you are pain in the A$$. Was not directed at anyone. Just a groggy head.

Mornin' All...busy day on the farm. DH is heading out with the cultivator for the day and DS is heading out with 4-wheeler and laser to do tile surveying. I will be "on call" to be the gopher when needed.

LauraK...hope the next leg of your trip is a fun one with DD and a safe one. Your DD is a cutie. You are not the only momma that feels frazzled at times with wondering why these kids don't pay attention to detail. It comes with time and experience. I would say the age of 26-27 is when they start becoming us (scary). I'm pretty sure it's called "Fly by the Seat of Your Pants Syndrome".

Great...I know someone that has a pink cement mixer that would probably love to help with that patio today. We poured in 2007. Did 2 long walkways out to our road and front walkway to front door, and front and back patio. Did the colored concrete. Not worth the extra $$$ spent. Took 2 yrs for the color to even out and now it just looks like a plain out concrete color as it has faded. But, I do love it cuz it's maintenance free and can just hose it off.

Hope you feel more settled in your new home. Will help that you will see your kids this next weekend. I envy you. Have not seen youngest DS since March. Really miss him and have been thinking of jumping on a plane in the next couple of weeks to go see him. He has been talking of coming home this summer so will wait and see what his plans are.

Eva...your camping plans sound fun. Got that kitchen sink loaded yet? Have a safe/great trip!

Better get things going around here. Will pop on throughout the day. Have a good one!

Just read my last post. Hope none of you take it that you are pain in the A$$. Was not directed at anyone. Just a groggy head.

You are toooo funny Apples. Thanks for the compliment on the hair - I like it much better too.

Got up this morning and decided to weigh -- I've been feeling really fat lately -- that pic with LauraK makes me look fat too -- it's just the way the blouse was hanging I think. anyway, low and behold I was down 2 lbs. -- it's like a miracle, just meeting LauraK helped me lose 2 lbs. LOL. Just shows that patience and staying with the program even when the results are slow does really, truly pay off eventually.

Gotta run and get to work.

CBL

Linda

I have them too Charlene - Got them for DIL she's a carb addict - there still half a pack in the pantry - I don't crave them so they will most likely end up in the trash

Here's LauraK and her daughter and me. Had a great visit, but a quick one -- met at Applebee's for a quick bite but since they'd been driving 10 hours today and I had 70 miles each way trip to meet we didn't get to spend too much time together but it was fun. Really enjoyed her daughter -- what a mature young lady - very sweet and smart (just like her mom). And how brave of her to move so far away to begin her new career -- she's an amazing young woman.

Can't wait to get together with all the rest of you.

Linda

Linda Great Pictures - Oct isn't to far away :0)

Laura, What great news about your Dad.....see all of our positive thoughts going his way is helping! I'm very happy for you too! Congrats on the 3 pounds too what a very good way to get positive reinforcement.

Great, good luck with that patio pour. Even though it's taking a while, you'll be so happy with it when it's done, sodded, landscaped and all. The dogs will love it too. My dog just loves to roll in the grass. I'm taking her with me for a couple of reasons, but one is the yard is fenced and has grass!! Good going with the gym too!!

Phyl, way to go on the 2.5 lbs. You won't be spending all the time on the computer if you do get a puppy...it will keep you busy watching it. The get into all sorts of mischief when they are young.

So Linda and LauraK are meeting right now...that is so cool. Can't wait to hear about it. So wow, you posted the pictures before I got finished posting....so cool. Really glad you two got to meet, even if only for a few minutes. Maybe we'll all get to meet in October. Maybe.

Hi Jodi, glad you are doing so well in FI.

Julie, how are you doing? Catching up from all your parties. Hope you are feeling a little better.

I'm really tired again. I seem to run on a bunch of energy and then it runs out and I have to crash. We had another power outage last night and it woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. Could be why I'm tired now.

Think I'll turn in early and see if I can catch up a bit.

Have a great evening.

Eva

Joyce, a two year old is still pretty rambunctious...but they do start to calm down then (at least some of them do). It's amazing how well they learn how we operate and work themselves right into our lives. Our dog has had to live by herself most of her life since DH and I work. She has a cat to keep her company, but I think the dog keeps the cat company more than the other way around. Glimmer is an inside dog (75 lb lab mix) but is very nice and well behaved.

Charlene, you'll get those extra lbs off. Now that you've been off the carbs for so long are you craving them? Or is it just the need for variety? I'm with you and the tummy lift...I doubt I'll ever look as good as Janet (I never was that small) and I don't think the fat lap will ever shrink to nothing...I'm just not built that way. We'll see about the face lift....maybe, but the tummy will have to go.

Apples, welcome back, glad you had such a good time. The teeth are dramatic. with the closeup, it's easy to see why you wanted to go through this. You are brave lady to do it without the meds. I might go through it too, but I'd be on meds for sure. You will have an absolutely stunning smile when it's over.

Cheri, Dr Weil supports the anti-inflammatory diet and it's your basic eat lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, less red meat...pretty much the same stuff we are supposed to be eating. There is some research about plants belonging to the night shade family such as tomatoes, potatoes, and eggplant contributing to inflammation but I don't think it's anything conclusive yet.

Janet, where are you meeting your lucky 7's? You'll be leaving when I'm coming back. As for PS, you really don't need it...you look great as you are...but if you really felt you needed it, then you know we would all support you.

Eva my cat loves to roll in the dirt - werid . 7/1 to 7/5 is my lucky #7 get together - going to Phyl's area Washington - leaving 100+ weather to 60ish weather... Can't get my mind around winter clothes in the middle of summer

You are toooo funny Apples. Thanks for the compliment on the hair - I like it much better too.

Got up this morning and decided to weigh -- I've been feeling really fat lately -- that pic with LauraK makes me look fat too -- it's just the way the blouse was hanging I think. anyway, low and behold I was down 2 lbs. -- it's like a miracle, just meeting LauraK helped me lose 2 lbs. LOL. Just shows that patience and staying with the program even when the results are slow does really, truly pay off eventually.

Gotta run and get to work.

CBL

Linda

Linda - It so funny the days you feel fat you weight less the days you feel skinny - you weigh more - that's how it goes for me anyway :0)

CBL