Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

The cold front blew in this morning like a hurricane. My thumb is still popping, but the cortisone shot kept me from having a FM day. Yay! I just had a little IBS. Hopefully, my thumb will improve because I don't want surgery on it.

Eva and Linda, I cannot walk fast, but I could try to walk at least 5K. We have several 5K walks here during the year. I still don't know about Chicago.

Meredith, the news at noon said there was a 60% chance of snow on Thursday night and Friday. So, I went to Walmart.....lol......you would think a catagory 5 was in the Gulf. I had never seen so many people shopping during the day. When it snows here we are paralyzed. Today it dropped from 70 to 40 within a few hours. Gonna be 25 tonight. BRRRR!!!!!

Lori, BRRRRR!!!!!! ZERO!!!!! Oh my, take care!

Jodi, so glad you had a great trip. I will be sure and look at the pictures.

Apples, your place sounds so cool. One day, one year, I am gonna show up!

Laura, nope, no numbing on the shot. Now, if this dang digit would stop popping I will be good. I am wearing my stabilizer and it really helps.

My mother got her cast off today and started therapy on her walker. Hopefully, we will move her furniture this weekend and get her back in to independent living next week. YAY!

I posted some pics of our storm on FB. With the wind chill it's about -15 here right now.

Linda

I posted some pics of our storm on FB. With the wind chill it's about -15 here right now.

Linda

They are pretty but probably not fun to be in. Stay warm.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.:blink:

Still snowing (blizzard) in Kansas City. Approx. 10 inches so far and still coming down. Everything is closed today and tomorrow. Lots of work to do upstairs in my home office & this will be a good time to do it.

Sure miss Tucson.

Melissa, the racquet balls bounce a lot further than tennis balls and they are very fast if you hit them hard. Many many many years ago, I played racquet ball. I was fairly good at it too, but that was many many many years ago.

So Apples is going to experience frigid temps in AZ. It is supposed to be below freezing the next three nights and it doesn't warm up too quickly.

I'm wrapped up in writing so I'm going to get back to it. Stay warm everyone!

Eva...DH just said "Oh sh_t....I might have to put a spring jacket on". This bit of chill feels like the last 2 yrs that we spent in FL. Just a good excuse for us to "snuggle".

Hi Everyone,

Snow day tomorrow. I got out from work right on time today as the storm was getting going good. Usually stay till 5 but left at 3:30. Haven't been on here because after school yesterday I was rear-ended and it wasn't even snowing yet. I hit the person in front of me, bounced back, and because I was on a hill and my foot had been jerked off the brake, I rolled into him again. So I got a sandwich style whiplash. Back and forth, back and forth. The second time I hit the guy in front of me, my seat belt was releasing from the first hit so my head grazed the steering wheel and my knee slid into the dash. Not hard, thank God, So I spent the next two hours waiting for Chicago's finest to show up and make a police report involving three vehicles, then drove myself to the ER where I spent 6 hours waiting to see a Dr. who got me a Toredol shot (massive painkiller anti-inflammatory non-narcotic).

So went to bed at 2 a.m. and got up at 6:30 instead of 5 a.m. Managed to get through the day knowing tomorrow would be a snow day. Plan to spend it soaking in the tub. Kept wanting to fall asleep all day but once home became wide awake. Don't seem to be in much pain. Toredol is an amazing drug. I was given it with kidney stone and after various surgeries. Morphine makes me sick so did more with Toredol and I think phenobarbitol. Just the Toredol seems to be doing the trick with my whiplash. So far no need for the flexerol they gave me. Sometimes it can take a few days for the full effects of the crash to set in. I'm always afraid of reherniating the discs in my neck. We'll see. So far so good.

We're hunkered down for the storm. Anywhere from 18 inches to 24 inches predicted total. White-out blizzard out there and we've got some wierd buzzing going on from the wind that sounds like someone's cell phone on steroids.

Bought several books this weekend so I'm in survival mode for the duration.

So, I'm planning on Saturday being our Chicago day with evening cruise.It would be a shame for you all to come out and not see any of the sights. For those who want to get out on Thurs or Friday we'll plan mini-outings to Chi-town or elsewhere. But otherwise, Thursday and Friday are for arrivals, food? stamping? and conversation. Sunday will be for brunch, departures, and whatever comes up. Sandi and I will get together and put together a Saturday itinerary for the group. We'll have mini-outings as choices on the other days for those who like sight-seeing and shopping and are getting antsy from sitting around.

Cheri

Oh, Ouch!! Cheri, I hope you are okay after the wreck. So scary with your vertebrae issues, praying that things stay put and all stays well. Take it easy tomorrow and rest.

Good Evening Gang...

Back from Boot Camp !!!!

Linda saw your pics !!! OMG - Doesn't look like you could go to work at all tomorrow..

Cheri - How scary - I hope you are ok and weren't injured too bad - I got rear ended once and not that hard and the next day my neck did hurt..

Apples & Eva - Hugs on your weather - We aren't going to get that cold - Suppose to be windy - but right now calm - tomorrow 62 h 33 lo - Thurs 64 h - 37 lo - F 77-45 and Sat 80... 62 I guess I will get to wear that sweater I got at the outlet a week ago..

Lori - are you using turbo tax - if you are - I would trust it.. If I didn't have a k-1 and the ranches - I would do my own..

Janet, I am using TurboTax and trust it pretty good, what I am unsure of is my enteries. LOL Part of our income is reported to 2 states and trying to decide which one taxes it or both. DH thinks there might be a mistake on his W2 so he's checking with his employer later this week. The numbers aren't making sense. Guess I am gun shy as I got audited once during a move year and 2 states taxed teh same income.

Melissa, the racquet balls bounce a lot further than tennis balls and they are very fast if you hit them hard. Many many many years ago, I played racquet ball. I was fairly good at it too, but that was many many many years ago.

Thank you for the info. I thought they would go faster, I was just trying to find away to play tennis on a wet court and not ruin the tennis balls. If it is not raining my son wants to go practice with me. Which I love but I do not want to keep buying tennis balls. (On his team they told me if the balls get to weathered they are consider non playable). I think if I have to buy more balls it is a small price to pay to be able to play tennis with my son. I just love it. Quality time. :)

Cheri, I hope you are ok. Don't get too crazy with shoveling the snow. It is not worth it. Heck, I just let the dog out and he had no where to go. LOL. The snow has drifted and is very deep in some places. The end of my deck, where the step to get to the driveway is, has snow up to my shoulders. It will be a day of shoveling. I have a toro snow blower; it is way to small for this kind of snow. it is only 18 - 20 inches tall.

I got an automated call from work telling us to stay home. That's exactly what I was planning to do. It is nice to know that we will get paid though.

Do we know the dates of the Chicago trip? I think your itinerary sounds great. I am looking for the dates because it looks like there is interest in the 5K and I want to check to see where we can go. There are usually several to choose from. I am hoping for one in Grant Park. Walkers are welcome. Speed doesn't count, finishing does. 5K is a great way to get some exercise in whether you run or walk. Except for you LauraK, I know of your 5K goal and we will meet it together.:P

Melissa, I have a friend who plays tennis. She goes through a lot of balls. Lucky for my dog, she saves them up and gives them to me for us to play with. If you don't know anyone with a dog to give them to, a shelter would be happy and greatful to receive them. I am glad you have found such a great way to connect with a 15 year old. It can be a challenge at that age. Mine is 23 and it is so much easier now. LOL, she doesn't mind being seen in public with me anymore.;)

Morning everyone! It appears that the worst is over. Sandy, we have drifts in places that high too - I saw on FB this a.m. where ALL the streets/roads in my entire county are CLOSED -- they say do not drive. Since I work in the call center, I am expecting my boss to call at any minute and tell me he's picking me up (which I told him to do -- he's young and can get his driveway shoveled out -- my poor DH and his little snow blower will probably struggle all day). We are officially closed until noon but those of us who live in town will more than likely need to go in -- my boss will not be able to handle all the calls from home - we normally get over 1000 calls per day. The rest of the country doesn't even know (or probably care) where our office is -- they are always surprised if they ask to hear it is in small town Iowa. LOl. So I have a pot of ham/bean Soup on the stove already and plan to try to get a work out in soon. It's very pretty -- but oh my the winds were so bad -- big drifts everywhere. Have not seen any cars anywhere - no plows out yet either. Will be an interesting day.

Cheri, so sorry to hear about your accident -- please please take care of yourself and yes, do not shovel at all -- I'm sure you won't take any chances, but don't even think about it please. Hope with rest and soaking in the tub you will feel better by tomorrow but if not, stay home and take care of yourself -- the last thing you need to do is fall or slip and do more damage. How much damage to the car?

I love love love the idea of doing a 5K with my lbt buddies -- oh my - it will be such an amazing accomplishment!! Hope there's one -- I think the dates were around the 10th of June Sandy -- that weekend, but not positive.

Arlene, how is your weather? Heard there was snow in Texas -- hope you are okay - those abrupt temp changes are hard on you -- stay safe and warm.

Well, better get going. To those of you in the middle of the storm right now -- stay inside and stay safe.

CBL Linda