Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi gang! I went to church.....walked the dog.....now going to a super bowl game. My DH said we are for the Packers. Go Packs!

Joyce, I saw the radar with the snow moving over your area.....looked intense. Warm HUGS for you!

Janet, I didn't know Y'all were getting together next week. I wish I could be there. Take pics!

Kristi.....wishing you a speedy recovery on your surgery Wednesday. Just follow doctors orders and you should be fine.

Julie....so glad you check in. Love ya!

Linda, my thumb stopped hurting. It is popping a little, but I can at least move it back and forth now. I go back the 28th. I am more interested in getting fills in those marionette lines then I am about fixing my thumb.....lol! I sound like my mother!

Okay gang, gotta go party down! lol! Don't worry......just a little cheese and meatballs for me.

Linda, those mushrooms sound yummy. I love stuffed mushrooms when they have flavorful cheese in them. I also love them stuffed with sausage and cheese. Arlene, nobody told me who to be for in the Super Bowl so I don't have to watch it. Thank God!

Been going to a different church in order to get some good music again. Love it. Not ready to switch churches yet. I'll give the new music directors a chance, but music is crucial for me. I can't sit there with my eybrows raised to my hairline hoping it'll help get all the flat voices back in pitch and wincing when they're really off.

My hip, lower back, and neck are all paining me, so I'm going to try to get into the doc this week and get another shot of Torodol, see if I can quiet it down. Am also going to run out of the muscle relaxer and Tramadol the ER doc prescribed and I need them to function at work so the pain doesn't overwhelm me. Tried to go for a walk today at Community Center track; went slowly and babied my neck, but my hip just didn't like it.

Saw "The King's Speech" today with DH. Loved it. Traveled a few hours yesterday to see my niece's cheerleading team compete downstate in the finals. Got a chance to visit with my extremely busy sister. Their house is slowly being put back together after the stove caught on fire and melted the microwave and blistered the nearby cabinets and filled the house with soot. No stove yet. House is clean but things still need replacing and repainting and new cabinets. Like they don't have enough on their hands. But the new trial medication that has not yet been approved by the FDA has kept Olivia seizure free for almost a month. However, the snowstorm kept their resupply from getting to them on time this past week and they ran out for the weekend. She had just reached optimum dosing, too. Pray it gets there on Monday.

Will be off LBT tomorrow and maybe Tues. with meetings and choir and hopefully a Dr.s apptmt.

Melissa, stop agonizing over what you've lost and regained. Please look at it as a new start -- just start again and quit thinking "oh, if only I hadn't gained this much back" -- it isn't doing you any good -- it's depressing to think about it and it probably makes you want to eat more. Try instead to say, I will eat no carbs JUST for TODAY - Just TODAY I will do it -- even if it means going to bed early. Try it --- get up and be determined to make it just ONE day -- and when you get hungry EAT Protein and nothing else. You'll find you're hunger is satisfied very quickly. I found Day 3 of the 5 DPT the most interesting -- after two days of liquids only you eat soft Protein -- like canned chicken or tuna and she says to eat it only with lemon juice or if you must, a very small amount of mayo -- like 1 teaspoon for the entire can -- that's what I do -- I mix 1 small teaspoon of mayo into one can and it's still very dry - then you eat it slowly and chew it well but only for 15 mins. -- but what is amazing is you find you get full long before that 15 mins. is up. And you stay full -- try it. It's amazing. That's why I recommend the 5DPT -- because after you do it you realize that that small amount of food (1/2 cup or so) is really truly enough food for you to eat and stay full for hours.

Linda

Linda - Thank you for your support and encouragement.

Janet,

Your journey is very motivating! Sounds like I am were you came from. I hope to be at the same stage as you over the next year.

I am self pay and being banded this wed, feb 9.

Those that want to connect for support & this journey to sucess feel free to friend me.

Good luck all!

Cheers,

Kristi

Kristi - Welcome aboard I am self pay too. Ask any questions you want. As you can see alot of us ar various stages of our journey.

Fly by this a.m. Well, I had to have an emergency unfill on Saturday. Woke up unable to take sips of Water. Had a 2nd night of horrible reflux. WTF? I have had NO FILLS in many MONTHS... only 3 unfills last 3 months. The more I know about this band... the more I don't know about this band. I just pray it hasn't slipped. Dr. reassures me that I would have more symptoms. I might do a barium swallow just for my own peace of mind in a couple weeks. (will be cash b/c we have a $3000 deductible). Hmmm.. New coach bag and shoes for birthday or BS (barium swallow)?

Have a good day everyone! Go packers! (DH watched his first super bowl! After traveling to and fro Wisconsin, he became a fan!) LOL. He's like, "what the heck is a 2 point conversion?" peasout..Laura

Laura, sorry to hear about your unfill -- wtf is right. I just don't get it. Hope it fixes the problem. Your DH is too cute -- glad his new favorite team won -- I was cheering them on too (only one in this house - the rest were Pittsburg fans so I was sooo happy my team won!) Did he buy a cheesehead while he wsa in Wisconsin? LOL.

I was so disappointed in the commercials -- didn't see any thing great -- last year there were several really great ones. I didn't even really like the budweiser one this year -- kinda boring and stupid. The halftime show was for young people -- I would have fast forwarded through it if the kids hadn't been here. LOL. But did Christine A. do a great job on the national anthem. Wow -- really moving -- also loved the girl from Glee who sang America before that. Really pretty

Cheri, hope you can get to the doctor today -- sounds like you'll need some meds.

I was so mad this site was down again last night -- they sure are having problems with it -- hope they figure it out soon.

Arlene, hope you enjoyed the party and happy to hear that shot fixed up your thumb. LOL on the wrinkles -- I bought some new Mary Kay stuff -- supposed to help -- we'll see. When I was getting my hair done at the beauty shop Sat. I noticed my neck is starting to look pretty bad. EEEEEeek -- I hate turkey necks. Before I lost the weight I never could see that neck -- too many chins - so at least a wrinkled neck won't kill me.

Lori, how is DD? Is she having more labor? I know your e-mail said you'd be home Wednes. unless she went in to labor. How exciting! How did the family shower go? Hope everyone behaved well.

Hope you all have a great and successful week -- Meredith I'm thinking of you this morning as you start your new two week plan -- I know you'll do great and have great results.

I'll be back!

Linda

Joyce, loved your description of "true joy" re Aylah's pictures - that is a great description -- she does seem to have true joy in her -- and for all she's been through with her disease and her mom's illnesses that's an amazing thing for her!

Linda

Good Morning

Yep I tried to ck in yesterday - server down...

Well skipped Yoga - Went to get nails done but shop closed for Chinese New Years WTH they are Vietnamese LOL - so did my Target shopping - got pic's developed from Vaca that I got from DS & DGD - I put pic's in albums during the game - so I really didn't watch - just listened - the VW commercial - is my gf - friends son - I had already seen it on Utube - it was cute... I don't like Steelers - cuz I am a Cowboy fan and it goes back to the day when they had a big rivalry ;0) - So I am glad Packers one - but really could have cared less LOL

Charlene - Yep Apples and Eve coming Friday !!! House is ready ;0) - LOL on fillers instead of thumb issue LOL I agree 100% LOL.

Linda - you DGD is just a cuties - Yep they bring us so much joy - I know I loved the pic's of me & Kaitlin on our vacation - We really did make great memories..

Laura - Hugs on your band - when do you go for a look..

Well it's 6 - that means a short shower - gotta get going - Love to all...

ok, ok. It seems my attempt at humor regarding the "coach bag vs. barium swallow to check band" joke was lost in the translation! My apologies. I received SEVERAL concerned and 1 pissed off comment about it, so let me say something for the record. 1) I have had reflux off and on for 10+ years and been on PPIs (prilosec) for 10+ years. 2) Studies prior to banding, during surgery and after have shown no hiatal hernia. 3. Lap banders with a previous history of reflux (almost but not always, usually) have reflux after banding (worst if you are "tight" or "too tight" or even at "sweet spot") 4. I would never ever EVER sacrifice my health for a stupid purse! (yes, someone, who is a "watcher" of our post but has never posted, accused me of putting my health in jeopardy for the vanity of designer THINGS.) DEEP SIGH. We are taking ourselves wayyyyy too seriously guys. They said I need to be careful of what I posted b/c there are LB patients who will take my statement as truth and will jeopardize their health and ignore serious symptoms. That being said, let me clarify things a bit. Yes, 3 months ago after an un-needed fill (which many of you thought I didn't need), I quickly had to go get an unfill. Although I have "maintained" my weight for the last 6+ months, I have in no way, shape or form been very healthy about it. Although I lead an active lifestyle (keeping up with a 6 year old, swimming, shopping, living) I have not been doing much purposeful exercise. The result of which is- I stayed the same weight, but lost muscle and tone. I have actually gone down in "size" but have felt an increase in abdominal fat. Now- over the last 2-3 months have seen a 8-10 pound gain. (hovering around 225 today) Although this seems a small amount (in the grand scheme of things), I truly think it was enough to effect my band. Our stomachs can lose and gain weight too. We have fat around and on our stomachs. Weight gain alone can cause our bands to get tight. If you add peri menopausal Fluid fluctuations in the mix, it can cause havoc on our bands. I truly think that the need for 3 unfills is more to do with the lack of exercise and gaining of 10 lbs, than it has to do with something serious. Other than the occasional reflux which got worse the last couple days, i have had NO PBs, no vomiting, no pain, and no increased ability to eat food- nor the inability to eat food. I have had the same restriction more or less since reaching my sweet spot- after a cup of solid food I am full. Both nights that I had severe reflux I ate too close to bed AND I had dairy (frozen yogurt) after eating solids food for dinner. The dairy then sits on top of the food and loves to cause havoc on my esophagus once it relaxes when I fall asleep.

Is this clear as mud now? I am going to go make a Protein shake and take a shower. I walked 3 miles for the second day in a row and my legs are hurting..LOL. I will cbl...peasout..Laura

PS. I will write more to everyone later.

Eva, just remembered that I don't think I ever responded to your question about taking the train to Chicago - yes, I plan to take it -- there's a station just 30 mins. from us and we can take that right to Union station in about 6 hours, so yes, I'm planning to take the train.

I had some "crap" yesterday - -planned it but boy I feel crappy today -- not worth it.

Hope I feel better after today.

Janet, is this week your Furlough Friday? I'm so glad Eva and Apples are coming for a good visit -- should be a fun time. Yes, the pics of you and Kaitlyn from vacation are great and yes, you are making great memories with her and Brook. Another reason to be happy we got healthy -- no way would either of us be so healthy today if we hadn't lost the fat.

Linda

ok, ok. It seems my attempt at humor regarding the "coach bag vs. barium swallow to check band" joke was lost in the translation! My apologies. I received SEVERAL concerned and 1 pissed off comment about it, so let me say something for the record. 1) I have had reflux off and on for 10+ years and been on PPIs (prilosec) for 10+ years. 2) Studies prior to banding, during surgery and after have shown no hiatal hernia. 3. Lap banders with a previous history of reflux (almost but not always, usually) have reflux after banding (worst if you are "tight" or "too tight" or even at "sweet spot") 4. I would never ever EVER sacrifice my health for a stupid purse! (yes, someone, who is a "watcher" of our post but has never posted, accused me of putting my health in jeopardy for the vanity of designer THINGS.) DEEP SIGH. We are taking ourselves wayyyyy too seriously guys. They said I need to be careful of what I posted b/c there are LB patients who will take my statement as truth and will jeopardize their health and ignore serious symptoms. That being said, let me clarify things a bit. Yes, 3 months ago after an un-needed fill (which many of you thought I didn't need), I quickly had to go get an unfill. Although I have "maintained" my weight for the last 6+ months, I have in no way, shape or form been very healthy about it. Although I lead an active lifestyle (keeping up with a 6 year old, swimming, shopping, living) I have not been doing much purposeful exercise. The result of which is- I stayed the same weight, but lost muscle and tone. I have actually gone down in "size" but have felt an increase in abdominal fat. Now- over the last 2-3 months have seen a 8-10 pound gain. (hovering around 225 today) Although this seems a small amount (in the grand scheme of things), I truly think it was enough to effect my band. Our stomachs can lose and gain weight too. We have fat around and on our stomachs. Weight gain alone can cause our bands to get tight. If you add peri menopausal Fluid fluctuations in the mix, it can cause havoc on our bands. I truly think that the need for 3 unfills is more to do with the lack of exercise and gaining of 10 lbs, than it has to do with something serious. Other than the occasional reflux which got worse the last couple days, i have had NO PBs, no vomiting, no pain, and no increased ability to eat food- nor the inability to eat food. I have had the same restriction more or less since reaching my sweet spot- after a cup of solid food I am full. Both nights that I had severe reflux I ate too close to bed AND I had dairy (frozen yogurt) after eating solids food for dinner. The dairy then sits on top of the food and loves to cause havoc on my esophagus once it relaxes when I fall asleep.

Is this clear as mud now? I am going to go make a Protein shake and take a shower. I walked 3 miles for the second day in a row and my legs are hurting..LOL. I will cbl...peasout..Laura

PS. I will write more to everyone later.

I must have missed the post. We know you take excellent care of yourself. You also have had a ton of trial and tribulation this year with your family. Props to you!

Well, I really enjoyed the party for short time. I put on my plate two tablespoons of cheese dip and four meatballs. I got careless eating the meatballs and got stuck. OMG, it was the worst experience. I had never gotten stuck in front of my church friends. And to top it off one of the young girls there is a recovering anorexic. So, I did not want to throw up. Fortunately, a friend of mine walked with me to her house where I got rid of the meatball. It did not stop there. I started sliming and could not stop so we came home. Three hours later I started massaging around my port and band. Finally, I got this sensation through my chest and I was clear. Whew, I thought I was going to have to go to the ER. My upper back had hurt prior to going to the party. I think it was the perfect storm of FM issues(IBS) colliding with getting stuck. I am on shakes today. I will go this month to the doctor to make sure the band did not slip. I am chillin this morning then I will walk this afternoon. My back and chest are so sore. UGH!

Oh ouch Arlene, sorry about the pb'ing episode - sounds terrible. Sorry that happened -- hope all will settle down - liquids for a few days should help. Hugs on that.

Laura, I had giggled when I read your quip, KNOWING it was a joke -- OMG i can't believe you received personal messages re this -- all of us here KNOW YOU SO WELL, we all KNOW you were joking -- I would think if someone is lurking here they should BTOB -- if you aren't sharing with us why are you reading our thread? Don't understand that at all and sorry that happened to you. I noticed on "the Neighborhood" which seems to be the exact same layout as here that they can make their threads "personal" and outsiders can't get in to read them. Maybe one of our brainy techie people here can check that out or ask Alex about that? That would be great - especially with some of the other issues we've had. Especially since we do get quite personal at times. I just never really think about other people reading what we write -- I figure it would be boring if you aren't involved. I would never criticize someone I don't know in a situation like that. Sorry that happened and hugs on that. By the way I also think you're correct in what you say about why -- if we normally need a fill after losing 10 lbs., I'm sure you probably do need an unfill after gaining 10 lbs. -- that only makes sense.

Gotta run -- working.

Linda

Anyway,

Laura - Tell me who the F gave you a hard time about the coach purse comment !!! I will go kick their freaking butt !!! We know you were just kidding - Hell your DH is a doc & you are PA - so WTF - I got your back gf...

I never had reflux prior to banding and hardly any heart burn - but now I get it from drinking Water sometimes- My doc's suggestion is to take pecide daily - I agree w/you that the weight gain is what has made your band tighter..

Yep you do live a very active life - but you gotta find 1 hr for you.. You gotta make healthier food choices. I think you have gotten complacement at where you are at.. If you are happy there that's fine - but I think and know you can do better - Hint Hint - Push Push..

Linda - Making our thread personal I don't think it's doable and l then how would newbies find us - but WTH none of them stay around too long anyway - I know our thread has lots of veiw - and lately with the new site enhanchments - pple are just posting all over the place

I agree w/you 100% is they can't post here and join the group - don't send a flaming pm to someone...

Charlene - Hugs on the pbing - I have never ever pb or slimed that long - once it comes up and can be anywhere from 1 - 3 throwups - it's done and over with and then band is usually wide ope..

Well I gotta get back to work - No this isn't a furlough friday - I am taking 1/2 day off - Eve/Karen should be here around 2 p.m. on Friday...

I think

Oh ouch Arlene, sorry about the pb'ing episode - sounds terrible. Sorry that happened -- hope all will settle down - liquids for a few days should help. Hugs on that.

Laura, I had giggled when I read your quip, KNOWING it was a joke -- OMG i can't believe you received personal messages re this -- all of us here KNOW YOU SO WELL, we all KNOW you were joking -- I would think if someone is lurking here they should BTOB -- if you aren't sharing with us why are you reading our thread? Don't understand that at all and sorry that happened to you. I noticed on "the Neighborhood" which seems to be the exact same layout as here that they can make their threads "personal" and outsiders can't get in to read them. Maybe one of our brainy techie people here can check that out or ask Alex about that? That would be great - especially with some of the other issues we've had. Especially since we do get quite personal at times. I just never really think about other people reading what we write -- I figure it would be boring if you aren't involved. I would never criticize someone I don't know in a situation like that. Sorry that happened and hugs on that. By the way I also think you're correct in what you say about why -- if we normally need a fill after losing 10 lbs., I'm sure you probably do need an unfill after gaining 10 lbs. -- that only makes sense.

Gotta run -- working.

Linda

Anyway,

Good Idea Linda!

I wish we could find a site to have a personal thread. I know some people don't have a life and spend their whole day reading crap about other people they don't know.

Janet, could you ask Alex if we can set up a personal thread too?

I have p.m. a moderater I know to see if we can have a private thread..

Laura - Tell me who the F gave you a hard time about the coach purse comment !!! I will go kick their freaking butt !!! We know you were just kidding - Hell your DH is a doc & you are PA - so WTF - I got your back gf...

I never had reflux prior to banding and hardly any heart burn - but now I get it from drinking Water sometimes- My doc's suggestion is to take pecide daily - I agree w/you that the weight gain is what has made your band tighter..

Yep you do live a very active life - but you gotta find 1 hr for you.. You gotta make healthier food choices. I think you have gotten complacement at where you are at.. If you are happy there that's fine - but I think and know you can do better - Hint Hint - Push Push..

Linda - Making our thread personal I don't think it's doable and l then how would newbies find us - but WTH none of them stay around too long anyway - I know our thread has lots of veiw - and lately with the new site enhanchments - pple are just posting all over the place

I agree w/you 100% is they can't post here and join the group - don't send a flaming pm to someone...

Charlene - Hugs on the pbing - I have never ever pb or slimed that long - once it comes up and can be anywhere from 1 - 3 throwups - it's done and over with and then band is usually wide ope..

Well I gotta get back to work - No this isn't a furlough friday - I am taking 1/2 day off - Eve/Karen should be here around 2 p.m. on Friday...

I think

yeah, It came up on the first throw up.......then sliming and throwing up saliva for three hours. I am pretty sure it was an adhesion or spasm. I couldn't even get down a pepcid chewable. I was able to drink Water after I felt the adhesion release or whatever it was. I just finished drinking Optifast chicken Soup......pretty good!