Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Happy Birthday, Janet. At a meeting till late tonight. Gotta go.

Cheri

Happy Birthday Janet!!!! Enjoy the BBQ and the cake.

Happy Birthday Janet !!!!

Thank you for deciding to be a mentor for all of us. If it was not for you we would all have not met and developed the loving family we have on this thread. We all love you have a wonderful day.

Happy Birthday Janet!!!!!!!!!! You are the woman! And, of course, thank you for everything you do for all of us!

Ok, so I've been around. Sorry I haven't posted. I've been a bit busy this week. I was driving home from a friends house on Monday afternoon and was thinking that it is time for a change! I wansn't sure what, but when I got home, I figured it out. And now, I'm in the process of a career switch! I can't tell anyone around me really, except mom, dad, andrew, etc. because my clients cannot find out yet. They would go into full blown panic mode if they knew this was going on right now. Technically, they have known that it was coming for a long time, but I think that they honestly think I will never make the jump. Well, guess what? I think it's time. I'm going to apply to two jobs tomorrow night when I get home from work. The first one is at the University I graduated from in Graduate Enrollment Services, and the second is with the Kidney Foundation of Michigan. I've been very busy working on my resume, reference lists, cover letters, and writing samples to submit. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thats about all that is going on around here. I've read all of your posts, but there is so much to comment on, I don't know if I can remeber it all! Just know that I love all of you!

Night, Meredith

Good Morning everyone! Tried to do the orange but the color looks too light this morning - at least for my eyes!

Meredith -- good for you -- I think it's time - you've worked very hard in preparing for your career change and now it's time to make that jump. Your clients will understand and should be happy for you. Although I'm sure losing you as their stylist won't be easy but they'll find someone they like. Good luck!!!!!! You'll be just fine!

When we say bbque we mean we are cooking something (anything) on the grill.

Had my Zumba class last night -- it's so much fun. Go back to the chiropractor again tonight -- it's been a busy week - something going on every night.

Well, gotta get going to go to Water aerobics - have a great day everyone!! CBL

Linda

Meridith, sorry I don't know but what type of career are you moving to? Good for you on the change.

Happy B-day Janet and many more.

Meridith, you go girl make that jump, you've worked hard to get there.

Great, Have a wonderful time at DD's baby shower.

LauraK

Good Afternoon Gang...

I haven't been able to get on here till just now

Thanks for the Bday wishes -

But my Bday isn't till Sat ;0) 1/29

Charlene - I know he had been to the doc a long time ago about his prostrate and then I think he just put it on the back burner - didn't want to deal with it - They are suppose to know today if it's spread..

BBQ can mean anything from Carnasada (sp) to ribs/chicken w/bbq sauce - to steak - hamburgers/hot dogs - I don't think we use the term grilling here in So Cali...

Since Charlene is from TX I figured she thought were were having actuall bbq ;0) -

Ya Linda - I had to go to store after gym last night - to get food for tonite for the kids - came home - put it all away - vacuumed - mopped - fixed dinner watched most of idol - have about 30 minutes left and I hear the last guy has a story to make you cry...

I really don't like evenings where I can't keep my normal routine ;0) - To nite will be one of those w/the kids here ;0)

They just stopped by (well about 1:15 ish) to let me know they got here safe and sound -

So Charlene - he likes propane better than the natural gas??? I know my Dad had natural gas - and I didn't really think there was a diff - fire is fire ;0) but I have a cheapy bbq

Well gotta get back to work - I will cbl - Thanks again for all the love !!!!

Janet, have a wonderful time with the kids/grandkids!!! Sorry about your BIL - they are doing great things with that cancer now, but still a worry -- hopefully it will be treatable with good outlook . Your poor sister, so hard on her with her health issues -- hugs to you and the family.

Had another chiro appt. this afternoon -- have another one scheduled for Tues -- he said just once next week. It amazing how much he's helped me with just a couple of "adjustments,"

Gotta run and get dinner going. CBL.

Linda

Meredith, congrats on your decision and on acting on your decision.

I have a challenge for you with your weight stall. Try 3 days of Protein only, not even fruit. Same amount or even more calories. Then go back to some carbs. See if it jumpstarts your weight loss again.

Spent over an hour with the new principal and her daughter today going over Title I and Title II grants and how my program works. Her daughter lives a block from me and does grant-writing and is planning on sending out a ton of grant proposals. The new principal has pledged to bring in 100 new students by next fall and she is calling in favors all over the place. I felt a great deal of relief actually, after talking to both of them. I think we're heading in the right direction. They both are coming over to my house next Friday after work because they live so close and we'll work together on getting the grants off the ground.

Cheri

Thanks girls! I'm just really nervous! I've never really applied for a job before. EVER. I know that sounds crazy, but every job that I've had kinda just fell into my lap. And, I've had this job for almost 9 yrs. I got this one because I went to the owner of the salon that I work at since I was 8 years old. So, we will see. I just have to finish my cover letters and I will submit the applications this weekend. It was hard to keep my mouth shut at work today because I'm excited and my customers and co-workers have all become so close.

Janet~ Sorry about your BIL. Hugs.

Lori~ My girlfriend posted this update on her fb today. It made me think of your DD.

"If your baby is born now, it will not only be able to make an efficient transition from the womb to the outside, but it will also be able to resist disease. This day marks the end of eight months of pregnancy. You’re heading for the home stretch." Home stretch is right!!! Have a great time at the shower in your Ann Taylor outfit! BTW, I love Ann Taylor too! We have an Ann Taylor store about 5 miles away and LOFT 3 doors down from there! I love them both! I need to buy some nice slacks. What do you think of theirs?

Cheri~ So glad to hear about all the grants and new ideas for your school! That is amazing news!

Have a good night all!

~Meredith

Good Evening All...

Meredith...first off....change is good. Proud of you at your young age to persue something different. I've always known that being a hairdresser is very tough and challenging physically. I believe that I would experience the early burn-out. I get bored easily (and I have a weird thing where I do not like to tough hair)...point is...it takes a lot to do that kind of job day after day. Plus, not only do you have to have the talent for doing hair, you have to be such a good listener...EVERY DAY of work.

Second...go into your interviews very well prepared. Do what you can to find out about the job you are interviewing for. Call the person that is leaving the job (if you are able to find out who they are). Ask them every question that you can think of. Study up. Walk into the interview with confidence and the attitude that you know you can do the job. Fingers crossed for you. Others may disagree but I feel the cover letter to your resume is the clincher in getting in the door for an interview.

Also, universities usually fill jobs within, so don't beat yourself up if you are not called to be interviewed. Keep trying. I was once told that being persistent is the key. Not pushy...just check with the personal director about getting your resume and cover letter.

Cheri...what a good combination to have your new principal that has a daughter that is willing to apply for grants and that is good at it besides. I hope this new combination turns things around for your school. I know how passionate you are aout saving the school and how much extra work you put into it. Fingers crossed for you also.

Janet...hope you are having a great time with family.

Linda...still the consistent person (besides Janet) that seems so bubbly about getting to your exercise classes. I guess you just seem to have the type of personality that accepts and enjoys life. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Hi to everyone else. I have read here and there but did not take notes. Just hanging and enjoying ourselves. Heading to a museum with Eva tomorrow. Today was another day of "shopping" for a humble abode. Think we have it narrowed down. But, have to be sure we are ready to do it. We both think alike when it comes to things like this and listen to each other's pros and cons without getting ticked. Guess the reason for a 31 yr marriage.

We love the weather here in AZ and KNOW this is where we want to winter. So, some decisions to be made in the next week or so.

It has been so nice to get out and about. Walk when we want to, sit outside. This type of thing did not happen when we were in FL the last few years. Too cold and damp. Yes, AZ in the winter is for us.

Tanker has been such a "travel dog". He has spent the last few days putting on many miles in the back of the SRX.

Just wanted to say "hi" and let you all know we are super busy but relaxing. So different than the relaxing at home. We always have the farm and things to do. DH is so good about realizing what is needed and willing to do it.

Lori...hope the shower is wonderful.

Time to go sit on my butt. Loves to all

Hey everyone

just doing a drive-by.........been sooo busy starting school and all...tell you about that later.

It's late and getting ready to watch AI.

I agree with you Janet AI was a little tearfull last night...

Thank God I had my cry-rags ready....any way, I'm just trying to adjust to my new life and happy about it.

Hope you all don't think I have deserted you 'cause I have not!

Love you all and take care!

Kiss, Kiss, Love, Love

~Kelly~

Happy Birthday Janet!!

Hope you had/have a wonderful day!!

Oh goodness Ladies! I need a bunch like you in my life. I have beenfeeling so alone and so unsupported by my husband and family because they haven't much cared to learnhow to support me. Obviously if I am invited to my parents for dinner and they have forgotten I can't eat friend chicken, I have a problem. And my husband brings into the house half gallons of ice cream. Boy...everyday life can be harder when you are banded!

Thank you for being the positive thread I needed to happen across. It was so nice to read about people just like me and know that we are here to support each other.

Take care and God Bless!

Kelley