Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

LOL, me too. That's why I want an ungraded class.

Eva~ You figured me out! EEK! Yes, I'm a night owl, usually going to bed around 1 or 1:30. I've been like this my entire life. My dad is like this and so is my grandma. When I was in high school I used to go over to grandmas on school nights and watch the 11 o'clock news with her because #1, we were both awake and liked to chat, and #2, because it was the only place I could go after curfew and not get into trouble! But, I can stay up late and wake up early if I have to. Usually for work or school or whatever. I love that you are in school. I hate to say it, but I miss it already!!!! Enjoy!

Linda~ WTG on your exercise too! Yay! So glad I'm back into the groove. If I don't go when I like to go, I will make every excuse in the book not to go at all. I want this weight off badly, so that is just not going to fly! Hugs on SD problems. So sad. Did she tell you why she was going to the ER in the first place? Did I miss something? I'm so happy that little Aylah has you. She is just beautiful.

Arlene~ You didn't lose, but you didn't gain! So, thats good! You've had a lot going on the last few weeks with your mom, so you haven't been able to focus on you. Hopefully everything works out ok in that department. Hugs to you too!

Apples and Janet~ Cannot stand this site and losing posts! The most annoying thing ever! I love hearing from the two of you, so it stinks for all of us.

Laura~ Girl, I hear ya with the bloat and crabbiness and all of the rest! It's been me since Monday. Hopefully it will be over today. Gotta love the BC. Sometimes when I have a dinner, then a sf fudgsicle or whatever later on, that happens to me too. Did the Dr take out a lot last time you went in? My band slipped a little bit and it made the pouch a little bit bigger, but its not dangerous I guess. Last time I had a fill, he only put in .2cc's and I had to have them taken out less than a week later bc of the acid. Now, I don't feel like I can find my "sweet spot". But, do you think that you are at yours?

Ok, nothing new, just wanted to pop in and say "hello". Going to get moving and get to the grocery store in a bit to pick up stuff to make dessert. Apparently its a Weight Watchers version of Ambrosia salad. I remember my mom making it years ago and just found it in my cook book that she made me. According to the old school WW points it is 1c.= 1 point I'm going to have to figure out the calories when I get all of the ingredients later.

Here is the recipe:

- 1 box SF/FF vanilla pudding

- 1 15 oz. pineapple Tidbits (drained)

- 1 15oz. Mandarin Oranges (drained)

- 2 8oz. lite vanilla yogurt

- 1 8oz. Cool Whip Lite or Fat free

Mix dry pudding with fruit - blend in yogurt and cool whip.

I'm back. My mother kept me hopping. I had to get her another wheelchair, organize her clothes into outfits. Then I took her up to her apartment and cleaned out her refrigerator. After that the therapist came up and showed me the furniture that needed to be removed for her safety. I have two weeks to get the place ready for her. I don't know which is harder ......chasing grandkids all day or taking care of my mother........yep, my mother. She very grateful. She just thinks that I am twenty and not sixty. She thinks she is fifty and not almost ninety. My grandkids at least know I am older. lol

I went so long without eating I was getting sick. I just ate a chicken thigh. I have to get out and walk today. Tomorrow is Water aerobics.

Linda, so sorry about your SD. Maybe this time? Do you have your DGD?

Eva, I think it is so cool you are taking Spanish. Wow Valley Fever. My pup gets allergies every April. I always have to take him to the vet for ear drops.

Laura, take care of that reflux. I have had it before the band......it can really burn your throat. HUGS!

Meredith, you are doing so good on your eating. That dessert looks yummy. My SIL made WW chicken Gumbo. It is awesome. I am going to try one of their Soups this weekend. I love their recipes.

LauraK.....? keep scooping us on your new prospects. You know we want to throw in our 2 cents....lol.

Eva~ I forgot to tell you this, but I was watching the Oprah All-Stars the other day and there was a woman on whose dog got very ill and needed to be put to sleep because he ate some type of cactus or something. It had a difficult name to remember, but Dr. Oz gave some other examples of plants that could be potentially fatal to dogs if ingested, and Oleander and Azela's were both on that list. I know that you have Oleander so I just wanted to give you a heads up. I know that dogs usually don't eat that stuff, but just in case. I'm kind of a worry wart.

~Meredith

Good Afternoon, everyone............. We are having a nice day here, too, but it is only 19 degrees...... Was -8 last evening while we were coming home from Bismarck.......

Janet, sorry to hear about your computer driving you crazy...... I have lived through that, too, and it gets old very fast..... Hope you can swing a new one sometime soon... Have fun with Jodi, Dassi, and Phyll.......

Lori, glad you could spend time with GM again.... I'm sure you need a little rest now... I know how tiring it is to shop with someone who doesn't go at your speed..... Do you have any other trips planned anytime soon??

Apples, sounds like you and DH have a good schedule figured out for yourselves. It must be so fun to have friends close to spend time with, Would love to stop by one of those times and visit with you guys, too.....

Linda, Don't know what to pray for..... I guess no news is good news will be fine... Like you said, if they don't call then it can't be bad news..... We'll pray for that...... I'm sure you fall into hoving Ayla all the time quiet easily... Sure do hope Katie figures life out soon before she doesn't have one left to live...... God bless you all..

Cheri, so nice of those clergy to come to pray at your school..... Hope things go well for you.....

Meredith, I've turned into a night owl, too..... Mine was forced because of pain, but I can't get to bed before 1:00 even if I don't have pain.... I would like to not be a night owl, but until I figure this mess out I guess I'm stuck...

Jessica, wtg on school..... Have fun with brother............. and no drinking competition now... won't be good for you at all.... good luck with your will power....

Laura K, love your new avatar.... How close to goal are you??? Pretty close as you look wonderful.... Nice that you are having fun playing the field, so to speak..... Have fun.

Eva, so glad your stove got fixed..... Nothing worse than not being about to cook like you want to..... but these days a microwave helps alot.... glad you are having such fun with your new neighbors... Hope Glimmer feels better soon.

Laura, you are such a busy girl..... glad your family is back together again... You are very brave to post those before and after pictures.... You look amazing now... that little sexy leg thing is great.... Hugs to Nelson, Laromi still lover her turtle very much...... However she is really into Barbies now..... and Barbie movies.......

Joyce, Hope you are doing well... did you recover alright from the Water aerobics things..? Hope so....

Sandy, when is your trip again???? How is dad doing??? take care of yourself....

Phyll, how're you doing...... I now you are meeting the girls soon, so have lots of fun and take pictures......If you can't get them on here, maybe you can attach them to an e-mail.......

Melissa, congrats on the new monitor.... I got one not too long ago.... took a bit to get used to the new view.... but I like it.......

Jodi, have fun in sunny California......Dassi, too.......

Arlene, you sound so busy..... glad you didn't gain.... I think I did and it must be Water weight because it was too fast for real fat gain..... You take care now and don't let this mother situation drive you up the wall......

TX, haven't seen much from you lately... You must be on the road and very busy.... Hope all is well

Kelly, Peaches............. don't know what's up with you guys but hope you are well and happy...

Kimmie, welcome..... tell us about yourself...

Well, I sure hope I didn't miss someone....... I know Apples says no guilt, but I just hate to forget someone.... If I did I'm sorry... but not guiltridder!!!!

I was to the new doctor yesterday.... Family practice doctor that I used to see a few years ago but he moved to a different clinic and I didn't want to move..... But I finally made a decision to start over with a new outlook on things... He listened very intently while I explained things from my LB suregery on to now..... He does have a plan... He needs to get my lab results from the rhuemotologist and then he will make some determinations... He is thinking of sending me off to Minneapolis to a Dr. Hess who is the 5th best pain management doc in the country he says..... Anyway for right now he left all my meds the same but gave me a couple months worth of samples of Lyrica to try for now.... Arlene wondered about this a while back.... Doc said it was worth a try and just gave me the pills.... I had a fairly good night.... weird sleep patterns still, but not much pain... and so far none today yet.... So, I'm crossing my fingers that this new doctor with a new determination will be my salvation fianlly....... Thanks for continuing to listen to my daily medical soap opera. I'm sure you are all tired of hearing about it so much... You all take care and have a great evening.. Hugs and prayers to everyone.... Julie

Thanks Julie! I miss your updates. I hope you start feeling well enough to post more. If the Lyrica causes you to gain....you will have to just journal your food so you won't overeat. I had a bad FM morning, but as I moved around and it warmed up I felt much better. The Savella has worked for me so far with the exception of the weather changes. The cold you are experiencing will be here Friday. I am taking a muscle relaxer that night. Sounds like this Dr wants to get your pain managed by the best in the business. I know it must be a relief to find someone that cares. HUGS!

Hey All....short post. Another perfect day her in Tucson. Just so much appreciate the weather and the low stress days.

Linda...hope DSD "gets it" this time. You are there for her and have been and just keep on doing what you can with taking care of DGD. Time will tell and no one can do this for her but HER. Hugs, hugs, hugs. I know how much you care.

Julie. Could this doc be the one that gets you the help you need? I certainly hope so. Hugs to you also.

Started out on a drive today to do some fun things...got a few miles from home and a kidney stone hit me hard. It's kicking my butt. I'm pretty rubbery and week. Always better once it passes. Pushing fluids. Just ate the BEST sausage in the world. Ave had taken me to her favorite little sausage shop last week. OMG...I might just have to fine a way to take some home. I ate till my tummy hurt.

OK...talk to you all later. Eva...glad to hear you are liking your classes. I would love the writing class.

Going to get hit with the extreme cold Thurs. nite and Fri. Yuck.

Linda, so sorry about your DSD. Give Aylah lots of hugs. Crazy about the hospital. Didn't know they could do that.

Gonna watch IDOL tonight, see if its any good.

Have a big thing tomorrow night at school. We were already having an open house for prospective parents, teachers are required to stick around for it, and I needed to have a Parent Involvement thing as part of my NCLB with funds to do it. So I proposed getting the whole school involved since the teachers had to stay for the open house anyway. Each room is having games set up and kids accompanied by an adult family member will be allowed to play the games and fill out a Bingo card stamped as they go from room to room. When done they bring their card to a room where I'll have pizza and pop waiting, paid for by the vendor who is supplying games as prizes for participating students (prizes paid for with my NCLB parent involvement funds). Then at 6:15 the PTA is having a Town Meeting where teachers and parents and students can meet our prospective new principal. We've had a retired principal serving as temporary principal while we searched for a new principal who can, hopefully, pull our school out of constant crisis and get us thriving again.

I've got to go shopping yet for plates and cups for tomorrow night, Other than that, I'm all prepared. I'm not running any of the games myself, I'll be guiding parents and policing the halls and then providing the pizza and pop. That's enough.

Cheri

Good evening all. Been busy today and just now at the computer so that's a good thing. Went to Bible study and then lunch afterwards. Then when I got home got a message from my friend that I meet at McD's a lot for a coffee/diet coke. Her DH is out of town so we met and gabbed for awhile. Got a few loads of laundry done in between and that's bout it.

Anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? Could you believe those twins? I felt so bad for others who wanted to be on the show and then they do something like that.

Arlene, how do you get sick from not eating? That would be yucky, like dry heaves or something? Hope you are feeling better. Get some rest and drink plenty of fluids and maybe it will pass by morning.

Linda, any news on the ultrasound? or on Katie? Thinking of you.

Karen, hope that stone passes quickly, sounds so painful.

Cheri, I plan on watching Idol tonight too to check out the new judges. I lost interest last year and the show seems to be heading downhill so maybe this will give it new life.

Julie, glad this dr seems willing to get you some relief.

LauraK, not sure if I told you but I agree with the others, your new photo looks great.

Laura, your photos are great too, what a difference! I remember when my DS played TBall he had a good friend sign up to play on his team as well. His dad was from Germany and not used to American baseball. The poor kids was clueless and struck out even with the T all the time. Finally he got his first hit and had no concept of where to run. He ran to the pitchers mound, then 3rd base then 2nd and finally to 1st. Everyone took for granted he knew what to do but when you have parents not from America and baseball isn't played they don't, but sounds like Nelson knows what it's about and goign to love it.

Cheri....sounds like a good way to get parents, students and teachers involved all at once. Wishing you a fun night and, hopefully, your school will find a principal that is willing to give it what your school needs. Sounds like a continuous struggle. Way to go on the planning!

Laura...hugs on the tummy issues. Take it easy the next couple of days. Keep an eye on the reflux issues...baby your band and hopefully things will turn around. I know I notice a number of factors that will make me tight. Lifting, stress, sinus issues or head cold and travelling. Weird. I think it was Linda that stated lifting also makes her tight.

Meredith....your desert sounds good. I make something similar to that with SF cheesecake pudding. DH eats it by the bowl full when I make it. I love it with a little coconut and pitted fresh cherries also.

Good evening all. Been busy today and just now at the computer so that's a good thing. Went to Bible study and then lunch afterwards. Then when I got home got a message from my friend that I meet at McD's a lot for a coffee/diet coke. Her DH is out of town so we met and gabbed for awhile. Got a few loads of laundry done in between and that's bout it.

Anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? Could you believe those twins? I felt so bad for others who wanted to be on the show and then they do something like that.

Arlene, how do you get sick from not eating? That would be yucky, like dry heaves or something? Hope you are feeling better. Get some rest and drink plenty of fluids and maybe it will pass by morning.

Linda, any news on the ultrasound? or on Katie? Thinking of you.

Karen, hope that stone passes quickly, sounds so painful.

Cheri, I plan on watching Idol tonight too to check out the new judges. I lost interest last year and the show seems to be heading downhill so maybe this will give it new life.

Julie, glad this dr seems willing to get you some relief.

LauraK, not sure if I told you but I agree with the others, your new photo looks great.

Laura, your photos are great too, what a difference! I remember when my DS played TBall he had a good friend sign up to play on his team as well. His dad was from Germany and not used to American baseball. The poor kids was clueless and struck out even with the T all the time. Finally he got his first hit and had no concept of where to run. He ran to the pitchers mound, then 3rd base then 2nd and finally to 1st. Everyone took for granted he knew what to do but when you have parents not from America and baseball isn't played they don't, but sounds like Nelson knows what it's about and goign to love it.

Lori, I said I got sick.....I meant my stomach was hurting. I do think it was lack of fluids. When I got home i drank a large iced tea and felt so much better.....and I got it from McD's. I like their tea. That is the only thing I buy from there since my nugget experience. My DH is out of town too. I am taking a friend out to lunch tomorrow. Her DH is being a jerk. He is in a mid-life crisis. She served him with divorce papers today. I can't imagine having marriage problems like that at 58years old.

Oh, Apples, I know you must be in so much pain. My DS suffers with kidney stones. Her daughter just had her first bout with them. I hope it passes soon. HUGS!

Janet, I hope you get your computer fixed soon. Miss your posts.

Apples~ Thanks for the lecture! LOL. Even when I read Melissas name before it I knew it was for me! My whole point is that "events" and parties do not allow me to make my own decisions about what I'm going to eat. I'm kind of a control freak in the menu department and cook at least 4 time per week minimum and calculate all of the calories going in so I know exactly what I'm eating. I really want to get this last 20 lbs off and maintain, so I feel I need to be really strict. I'm glad I came back. Thank you for being there for me.

Melissa~ So glad you got a new monitor!!! Yipee! Hope you enjoyed your day.

Eva~ Keep being so wonderful to Apples, and all of us will be down there before you know it! LOL. Have a good time back at school! I'll bet it is so much better when you get to go for fun!!!!

Laura~ I must agree, cute pic!!!!

Jessica~ Good luck with the new doctor. It did sound like you needed a change. I hope it goes as well as you are hoping. Wait..... wasn't your MIL the one giving you the hard time when you were going to get LB?

Linda~ Thanks for the stuff from Kaye Bailey. I think it helps all of us with reminders like that. I'm so glad to here that your ultrasound went well. I will be praying for good results.

Janet~ At least with the e-mails we knew you were alive! LOL

Ok, CBL~ Meredith

Yes she did. But I wanted it to be differnt for her. I was trying to be supportive. Maybe it is just plain and simple. We aren't going to get along. Just agree to disagree kinda thing.

So after watching Heavy I decided I was using my tendonitis as a cop out of exercise. I figured after 3 weeks of rest I was ready to get back in the gym. So I got back in there and "took it easy" I thought. I had 3 min left and felt a sharp pain in my groin. Could barely make it to class last night it was so painful so I skipped class this morning and went to the doc. He thinks I may have broken the bone. Sometimes your muscles can pull so hard they just break the bone off at the attatchment site. I am waiting on the xray results. Either way I am out of running for a long time. Too bad too cause I was really enjoying it. I had to withdraw from one of my college courses because it was an aerobics class. The college said it was ok as long as it was just 1 class.

Hubby got that painful baby tooth taken out today too. My brother made it here safely and we had a great time at dinner. My Dad even came. I have had a hectic day so I am off to bed. Night.

Arlene, glad you feel better, when I read sick I thought like the stomach flu vomiting kind of sick. Glad it wasn't that. I can do McD's nuggets but not Chik fil A, I get stuck on them.

Jewel, hope the bone isn't broken.

Jessica, what bone is broken in your groin? Your pelvis? Hip? Ouch! Hope its just a strained tendon. I'm prone to wierd injuries so I stick to things I know won't hurt me with all my arthritis. I'm always afraid for people who are still overweight, especially women, who take up a sport like running, which is known to be so hard on the joints--for women especially. I'm glad Sandi has a trainer, who hopefully has moved her along very slowly. My daughter has gotten into running. She took running classes and is now helping to run them. Fortunately, she has much solider legs and ankles than I do and isn't knock-kneed like I am. However, she has trouble with her back and neck, and I hope she's not jarring them too much.

Once you heal, maybe you should try jogging in the Water to build back up without straining things. Sounds like your muscles and tendons need to be very slowly stretched and not overstretched or overworked. Not everyone is built the same. I have overly stretchy tendons and have to avoid any stretching because my tendons don't return to normal once they're stretched, leaving me prone to injury created by destabilized joints. I never stretch before or after exercise. Puts my back out, leaves my ankles unstable, etc. You sound like yours are very rigid and stiff and cause injury. The trouble is, once you're warmed up and in the middle of exercise you may not realize that you've overdone it. You're feeling good from the exercise, a "runner's high" kind of feeling, and don't realize you're on the verge of injury.

Sure hope they can fix what's wrong and that you're back in the swing very quickly.

Cheri

Hi, All! Been super busy this week. Beading Mon & Tues afternoon, and been doing some of it here in the RV, too, instead of on the computer all the time! Helps keep my hands busy too, and my mind off of snacking!

Today we spent the day going to the Marine base for Rx refills and shopping.... just relaxing tonight. Might work on Bracelet I started yesterday for a little while later.

Jewel.... hope nothing is broken. Sounds like a painful injury!

Linda... what's the latest on DSD?

LauraK... love the new pic! Great avatar!

Waiting to hear if Janet got a new computer today! Keep telling her she should get a laptop!

Julie... hope you get some effective tx for that pain from the new doc!

Eva... Apples... you're having too much fun! LOL

Weather has been so wonderful, but got extremely windy in the last couple of hours! Will not be pleasant to go to the pool tomorrow morning if it continues. It wasn't supposed to start until after midnight, and until about 2pm tomorrow. So.. since it arrived early, should leave early, too, right???!!! :)

Lori... as much as I envy your jaunts here and there, I don't think I'd enjoy flying that much. It just seems to be such a hassle lately. At least, when you go for the day, no need to be bothered with lugage! LOL

Okay... brain just quit working!

Hugs to ALL of you!!

And welcome to Kim!