Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Our brains are connected. I swear. I made tacos for dinner tonight! Everyone had the hankering for Mexican today, Huh?

Apples~ Thank you for sharing about Eva's house. I would love love love to see it! I am an artsy fartsy type, but never have done tile work and am so super interested in it. I know Eva could teach me a lot about it! Also, thank you for the suggestion for more calories. For the last couple of days I've been super tight and haven't been able to get much down. Tonight though I was able to eat a makeshift taco salad, so that was good.

Thank you all for sharing your parental stories with us, and sorry about the troubles.

Do we have the dates for Chicago written in stone yet? Just curious.

It is 7* here! 7! Unreal. I DID NOT shovel. It was sooo cold out my fingers felt like they were going to crack off after being outside for 2 minutes while cleaning my car off. We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow and this weekend, so I'm not worried about it. I sure wish that guy across the street would come over and do mine!!!! This guy is a machine. I swear. He shovels so fast!

Anyhow, the rambling begins again. Here is my food for the day:

Breakfast~ Slim Fast (I am obsessed with them now)

Lunch~ Orange Hi-C drink ( I was tooo tight to have anything else, i know, its bad, but I counted it in my calories)

Dinner~ Taco salad (all toppings included in calories)

So, about 1200 cal today. I will take it, since the last few days I haven't eaten much. They key for me is to vary them. I know Janet says it all of the time. Its true. If I eat fewer calories, then one day have a day like today, I seem to lose. Saturday I had a planned cupcake and woke up Sunday lighter, so lets hope....

Night all.

Crap....missed a lot of posts. Not sure what happened. Lesson...never rely on email notification.

Joyce....yes, calm is important to get through the tough times. Have learned that lesson over the last few months. When you are so upset that your inner organs are shaking night after night while trying to get to sleep, you know you just gotta start breathing deep and taking care of yourself (speaking from experience). Sh_t....I was 17, on my own, paying for college, working over 8 hours a day, studying till 3am and looking for a job on the side. Entitilement...the new generation. Take care of you.

Good Morning Peeps

LOL Meredith - I ended up eating a lean cusine (ck alfreado) popcorn and that was it... You sound like you have your plan down - I have a baby shower to go to on Saturday and will be having cake - well if I stay that long - it's my xdh niece and I really love her - having her 1st baby - she dog sat for me back in 05 - but I think it's a coed shower and a lot of family will be there - I get along with them all but - sorta feel funny about going since I'm not a Pimentel ;0) - but going to take her gift anyway...

No firm dates on chicago - I really want to go - but cost of 4 day trip is going to be the real cincher for me - I have looked at airfare and hotel - could be $1000 for 4 days - where as I can go on a cruise for 900 for 7 days so time will tell on that one..

Apples - I don't get email but I usually go back to my last post - but sometime someone has posted the same time as me and they are above my last post - and I will miss it.. Easy to do on this new format - I have my watched topics - so it's a little easier getting here and other threads that I will post on - but one thing I have noticed since this new change that pple are all over the place - I don't think the newbie set up their own thread "Jan 2011" they just post all over the place..//

Not much to report - had dinner - watched t.v. my DIL called - said that she was thinking of me - missing me and cried this morning - that was just so sweet to know I'm loved..

Well time to hit the shower... CBL

Apples and Eva – Would you be willing to share a few pictures of Eva’s tile work? I would love to see it. I know it is more difficult to post photos on this site but maybe Facebook? I can use them as inspiration to start a project.

Jodi, that is so exciting about not needing any more pills. Congratulations! I know what you mean about computers. I am not very good at fixing things either. As long as my internet works I am all good. Do you have Best Buy near you? I have taken mine in to them to get it repaired. They aren’t always quick but they get the job done.

Joyce, I love Grand Cayman. The snorkeling is fantastic. I have never been to carnival. Actually, I didn’t know they had one. Maybe I should plan a trip around that. Well not this year and we have a spring trip planned to the Grand Canyon. I have that urgency to travel too. I want to do it all while I still can because at some point in the future my body will, as you say, crap out. Plus, with the weight loss and exercising that I have been doing, travel and activities in general are so much more fun. I understand the gyms concerns with liability. Just enjoy the pleasant view you now have. LOLJ.

Had a great workout today and a pedicure after. Still 6 inches of snow on the ground here and 9 degrees outside right now. Can't wait for Tucson weather.

Also busy planning a trip to Grand Cayman in end of April for my favorite caribbean carnival, Batabano. Parade is marvelous and 7 mile beach is wonderful. Have to get a break from this COLD weather.

68 is looming large for my b'day this year. Feel the urgency to travel before the body completely craps out on me. Excuse the facts - that is what happens to our bodies no matter how hard we try to avoid it.

Have been assigned to a new trainer at the gym. A gorgeous, built black man that is an EMT. I'm soooooo old, the club is afraid of liability issues with my training. lololol

As a business owner, I understand.

Karen - happy you made is safely to Tucson. Enjoy that porch and all the warmth.

Eva - what a delightful hostess to prepare so thoughtfully for the arrival.

See I missed this post :0) When I saw grand caymen - I'm going OH I want to go :0) I love that island..

I agree - I want to travel before my time is up or my body gives out - I just got news earlier in the week that a classmate/friend age 55 just died of a massive heart attack - you never know when your time is going to be up.

I got to get to work - cbl.

Morning all,

just wanted to check in and let everyone know i'm still here. Things are about the same here. Just found out that dad may have to have another surgery. The port they put in is not sitting in the right place. They may have to open him up and fix it. They are trying to do it without surgery now. He is on a colanoscopy prep lax right now. I told him yesterday that I didn't need a doctor or xrays to know he was full of it. LOL.

Leaving for my parents this evening. Deb has an appt for another fill and grab my son and we are off.

By the way I went in for my 3rd fill yesterday. Lost 5 pounds since my last visit 2 weeks ago.

Well gotta run.

Hugs

Chris

Karen - wonderful to hear how you are enjoying time with Eva and her husband. Would love to see her home. Bet that warm weather also feels wonderful.

Sandy - I love Grand Cayman. Have been there many, many times - used to go two or three times a year and spent a month there (rented a house on 7 mile beach). Hurricane Ivan destroyed the island and when it rebuilt, some of the charm was gone forever. I miss the "old" Cayman.

Sandy, I also share the experience (and Lori) of being raised by very cold, unemotional, unloving parents. However, since they were NEVER there for me, I don't feel the need to be there financially or in any way, now. We reap what we sow. I sound very mean - and in thinking about it, I spent 30 days in Psychiatric/gereatric unit with my Mom when she was suffering - so I guess I'm not as tuff as I think. My step-father (who was in my life since I was 6) is 87 and needs assistance. I'm NOT there for him.

TMI - but it helps to know many of us can be survivors and change the future for our children and show them love. Please take care of yourself. I know there is a solution and your sister and husband - and maybe a social worker at PT - can help find it.

Joyce, I couldn’t agree with you more and I don’t think you sound mean. Because of my upbringing I have tried to break the pattern and tell my daughter that I love her whenever I can slip it in; every phone call, every visit. My DH and I have talked about it and we have often wondered if our generation hasn’t created the “me generation” by loving and giving too much. We wouldn’t have done anything different, just wondering out loud. Are we the achievers we are because we weren’t handed anything? Do our kids act the way they do because we have given too much? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think you can give too much love, I mean given to much in material goods.

All of you are fantastic and much more therapeutic than a psychologist. I have put feeling out here that I haven’t admitted to anyone and all of you supported me. Not only that, because of your replies I realize I am not the only one who has these thoughts.

I haven’t visited Grand Cayman since the hurricane. It is sad to hear it has lost some of its charm. I wonder if the reefs have recovered.

TX, good to hear that you and your wife are doing well. Keep it up.

Morning,

Back from the bone density scan....preliminary results, I'm normally dense....LOL. I also picked up my books for class next week and that was nice because there was no line. I find it funny that I spent $150 for a "book" that I have to provide a binder for. Nicely printed sheets, but it's still a little weird. Guess I am still "old school" that way. I'm taking classes in the middle of the day and I bet I'll be the oldest student in the classes.

Had a great visit with Apples and DH yesterday and thank you for the compliments. I have done some nice tile work, at least it makes this house custom because no one else will have this.

My parents never told me they loved me until I was in my 30's. It was sort of a big deal when we finally hugged each other and said "I love you." I don't think that generation was taught that behavior so they didn't exhibit it. So many of my friends say the same things about their parents. I believe it did make me resilient and self reliant. I didn't get "together" with my DH until I was 40 and we got married when I was 50. So I did not rely on a man or anyone else for a long time after I left home. I developed wonderful friendships that have lasted years and am grateful to my parents for assisting me in my growth process. Now doesn't that sound like a bunch of crap. LOL. When my parents got older and right before they died, they really had some issues like not wanting to pay for anything, my Dad sat down and wouldn't move and Mom wouldn't do anything unless a man told her to. It was very weird.

Okay, time to go play with Apples, Check in later.

Eva

Good morning. Well I am very down this morning, looks like DH is going to have to cancel our Hawaii trip, I had started getting things together to pack. GRRRRR

Guess where I went on the spur of the moment last night? A WLS support group. A friend here has a daughter that had bypass surgery on the 22nd. We were talking and she mentioned her DD was going to support group last night. I asked her about it and if other patients could go as the dr I did see her after moving for a local contact makes you be 'his' patient or pay a huge program fee. She said yes and shortly after her DD texted me the info and we agreed to meet there. We had never met before. It was very fun, they had people from Macy's there, make up people and also hair and had done 3 makeovers and gave out numerous door prizes. I got a Bath and Body works gift set.

Sandy, I've thought the same thing about our kids. I think we gave them too much and made things too easy on them. It's taking them much longer to 'grow up' as well. Not that it's all bad, I mean I was married at 20 and had kids at 23, it worked for me but not for everyone. But when I see my 28 yr old son still living for the social scene and video games I think it's time to grow up.

Well today might be the day we get above freezing here. Got my fingers crossed. The forcast says 41 but then another storm coming. Oh how I had my sights on Hawaii.

Hi Gang! My internet service went down last night......then I have been at the nursing home taking care of my mom. I hope to get preferred living set up for her by Monday, but if she needs to stay in the nursing home my mother is prepared to pay for it. Those falls and the wrist fracture has scared her into accepting assistance. I had to get out her size 8 clothes to fit over the cast. Therapy is really helping her to clear her mind.

Sandy, does you dad have Meals on Wheels available to him? They are inexpensive. I have volunteered to deliver them in our city. He may have to get on a waiting list, but it would take some stress off of you. Also if he does not drive he should qualify for home health and therapy for his arm. I can't believe his doctor did not order it. Medicare pays for those benefits. Sorry your parents were not loving. My mother had enough love for her and my dad. My dad loved us, but being an alcoholic he wasn't there for us.

Eva and Apples......wish I was there to chime in on the conversation. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Lori.....BooHoo!!! ......no Hawaii for the 4th time this year.......you go ahead and whine. I am sure you will go sometime this year. Sounds like a cool support group. Bath and Body.....Woohoo! What was the fragrance? I am hooked on Japanese Cherry Blossom. My pup hates it. He sniffs at me like I bathed in Skunk....lol.

Joyce, I haven't been to the Grand Cayman, but I would love to go one day. How long will you be gone? I know what you mean about our bodies crapping out. This cold weather has made me so stiff. Oh, I would do the same thing on the snow thing. If we had snow hell would freeze over before my kids would offer to help. Well, my sons don't live close enough to help, but that is not their thing. If it is computer related they are all over it.

I am not on the train today.....just points. Later!

Arlene, it is Cherry Blossom that I got, haven't even opened it yet, normally I don't like their fragrances as I dont' want to smell like a fruit, but will have to check it out. Sorry I won't post about my trips, I know I have gone a lot but it was still disappointing to get the news I couldn't go. I was so looking forward to some warmth and sunshine. Still hoping to break freezing today, but to no avail so far.

Great, you post away about those trips. I enjoy hearing about them and I'm sorry I gave you some crap but it was meant in fun and jealousy. Don't apologize we want to hear it, but we might have to give you a hard time along the way.

Jodi, I am being very careful about these "relationships". I am way to anal to get hooked up in the gambling, outstanding credit card debt crap that is out there. I am not into paying for someone elses stupidity. I have been a loan officer and a colleciton officer so I have seen all the crap these people think.

Yes I am having a ball, it's so unreal. I never was one to date in my youth. In 27 yrs I was only with 2 different men. My new attitude is bring em on I'll do the picking a choosing this time. Sounds like you are too. Yeah you!!

Sorry about all the parent issues, it's got to suck getting old and sick. We are all going to be so much better because we are taking care of it now.

LauraK

Charlene, what is perferred living? Your suggestions are good ones. We do have meals on wheels so I will check into that. He does still drive but not since breaking his arm. I didn't know that home health and PT was available. I don't know why the doctor didn't tell us about it. Maybe since I was with him at the doctor's office he just assumed that I could take him. You better believe that if anything comes up in the future I will be all over that!!! I am glad your Mom's head is clearing. The pain medicine was probably to blame.

Lori, please continue to post about your trips. It gives me somthing to aspire to :) . We all just wish we could be you.

Great -- don't stop posting about your trips -- I know Arlene is teasing you -- so please keep sharing - we love to give you crap cause we love you so much!!!

Well, I worked through lunch yesterday so I could go to a new Zumba class at the Y that is offered Mon. and Wed, from 5:30 to 6:30 -- and I asked my boss if I could change my schedule and work 8 to 5 like a normal person as I can see no reason why I'm needed to work this odd 9 to 6 - he said he'll check it out but the reason we did that originally was cause we are busier from 5 p,m. to 6 than we are from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. So I pointed out that we have 7 people here (without me) from 5 to 6 and only 2 here from 8 to 9, If someone is sick or on vacation they expect me to change my daily life and work 8 to 5 then! Honestly I think it's silly for me to work until 6 and i told him I want to do it to change up my exercise routine - our company is very pro health so I'm hoping he will agree to it in the near future. I really liked the Zumba cause the instructor is new to it too so she's not really fast and is easy to follow -- but it's definitely something you need to go to repeatedly to learn. I thought it was fun. Then this a.m. I went to a deep Water Water aerobics from 6 to 7 and then the regular one from 7 to 8. Oh, and i did water aerobics yesterday morning too. See how much more i do when I can go to classes? I'm tired of working out alone and on boring machines -- I want interaction with people. So keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Okay, I think Great is the one who was saying that we gave our kids too much and they didn't have to work for things, etc. I totally agree - I have proof first hand - my son who is 38 was raised by me as a single mom who struggled to keep food on the table, we didn't have much but what we had was clean and we didn't go without either. He started working for extra money at 16 and always had a job even though he played football, wrestled, and competed in weight lifting. He worked his way through college and with some football scholarships as well -- he's the one who is very successful and works in LV and when he lived here would always offer to do anything for us - like shovel snow, mow the grass, drive me to work in bad weather, etc. etc. And, he's a wonderful hubby to my lucky dil and pitches in and cleans house every week with her as well. All my step kids on the other hand were given everything -- my DH and I spoiled them, paid for everything and wanted to "help" them cause we were in a position to do so. Well, not one of them amounts to anything and none of them want to grow up, so I totally agree. I feel somewhat responsible, but I know it's not really our fault. It's just discouraging. They never offer to do anything for us -- just the opposite -- what can WE do for THEM? That's why we want to buy a motor home and get the he$$ out of dodge as soon as we can. I hope within the next 5 years. That's the plan.

Jodi, you and LauraK need to have fun, but don't be too quick to settle down with anyone - just be cautious - when I was single I always wanted to be married - but now in looking back I think OMG I had a wonderful life -- shouldn't have wished so much. Don't get me wrong, I love my DH and he's wonderful, but I got a whole set of problems and headaches with his kids.

Julie, hope you are doing better - hope to hear from you.

Meredith - hope the snow stops soon - it's really bitter here - it was 10 below this am and our high today was 18 or something like that. No new snow though.

Tomorrow I go to my kidney specialist - hoping things are okay - when I had my physial my kidney function was very low on one kidney - hope it's improved now.

Melissa -- I can't believe Georgia - I had lots of customers calling in today telling me about the 2" of ice you all have -- hope it warms up soon -- MG you've been house bound all week. Hugs.

Apples and Eva -- I'm so jealous you get to hang out - I can't wait till I get that motor home so I can be right there with you too.

Well, gotta get moving here -- oh, it's Thursday -- so you know what that means -- KAtie is sick and Aylah is at my house. Happens every week just in time for the weekend.

Linda