Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi everyone, just checking in!

I'm down another 3 pounds (that was about 5 days ago). That puts me at 50 pounds since day of surgery.Yeah! I have started to walk/jog and in the past week more jogging than walking. Keeping the same route, and doing it twice a day! It is very cold here, about 39 degrees, and no sun whatsoever.

I start school in 12 days and am very excited, I will only be going on Fri.,Sat, and Sun. so I will be able to keep up my exercise program....

Well all for now, hope everyone is doing good! Kelly~

WTG on the weight loss!! 50 lb is GREAT!!!!

But you're making me feel guilty!! You're walking at 39 degrees and I'm whining about 61!! UGH!! Oh, well.... you're a young chick and I'm an OLD broad!! LOL!

Don't remember if I posted this morning or not, but my Mom is MUCH better! Talked to her this morning before I went to church and she'd been down to Breakfast and ate pretty good. Very encouraging.

Oh what I wouldn't give for a 61 degree day to go walking in. I am just asking for a day over 32 degrees. Ain't gonna happen today, it got to about 22 is all, but it's sunny!!!!!

Kelly, congrats on the 50 lbs! Glad you checked in, we've been wondering how you are.

Wonder how far Apples made it today?

Phyl, you and Earl sound like lots of fun in the kitchen. LOL My bet is you'll make it to 50!

I really miss Trader Joes, had never heard of them til we lived in northern CA and we had them in Delaware but none since then. I think it's due to the liquor laws in Colorado and Utah, so much of TJ's business is their wine and liquor sales. They still have 2 buck chuck? I figured it would be at least 3 buck chuck by now.

Phyl, lol, you have me laughing -- you and Earl could/should be a new cartoon in the funnies! Well, I think the problem lies in the fact that he is trying to take YOUR kitchen over and you need to tell him to just back off. LOL. So cute you both are. Zoey is such a little character - truly I don't know what you both did before you had her -- she's become such a HUGE part of both your lives. Glad to hear your mom is feeling better.

Got my step aerobics done and then spent 2 hours cleaning. Then showered and made DH a big pot of chicken tortilla Soup -- new recipe someone at work had and I think he'll ike it. Katie and Aylah stopped by for a quick visit. Bryan has decided to move in with them which we are happy about -- so he got all his stuff -- as long as they can get along it should be helpful in many ways. We have our house back - it's very hard after the kids move away and then decide to move back in. I'm happy to be alone again.

Not much else happening here. It's about 23 above zero -- no sun today - supposed to have snow tonight. Okay by me -- as long as we dont' get too much snow.

Congrats Kelly -- 50 pounds is an amazing accomplishment since surgery -- wtg and also on your exercising. It's such an important part of our weight loss but it's the hardest part in my opinion. Just keep on trucking.

Laurak sounds like you had a fun night at your singles party -- did you see Mr. Filet Mignon there? Do tell. . .

Eva, so sorry about the shootings. Very tragic and very sad. I remember when I lived in Reno there was a terrible plane crash that killed over 100 people and I just felt so devastated by it -- for some reason when it happens right where you live it seems to affect you even more. Hugs.

Jessica, you have accomplished a lot and your doctor should be validating your success and not making you feel like you aren't succeeding -- my word you've been a model patient! Try not to take it in a negative manner but that he's trying to help you succeed even more. Hugs and hope your appointment goes well.

Hope to hear from Apples soon today and yes, Phyl you are doing a marvelous job! Keep up the good work.

CBL

Linda

Watched the KC Chiefs get slaughtered this afternoon. Oh well........

Light snow on the ground and much more coming - 4 to 8 inches overnight.

Have consultation with trainer tomorrow to set up my plan. Knee is more comfortable when I do NOTHING. But, I can't let that stand in my way. Surgeon confirmed it is fine to work out. Chris - congrats on NSV.

Arlene - I agree with Janet and Lori - one program that works for you. You are so dedicated. Nice to hear your mom realizes that it is time for assisted living

Linda - sending hugs. Others have expressed how I feel too. You are a strong lady, and have faced challenges and shown love for Aylah, and will continue throughout her life - for your daughter, as well, but her demons are hers to chase away.

Kelly - WTG on the weight loss keep it up

Eva - I saw on the TV at work the shootings yesterday. Was there a reason someone did not like the woman I really did not get to here the whole story

Well everyone I have felt better since my fill. So I am in Ga and they say we are to get 6 inches snow between tonight through Tues. (GA does not do well when we get alot of snow we tend to shut down. Not like where Apples lives.) But you never know what the truth is so we went and got kerosene and supplies to stay in. However I am supposed to be at work at 7am tomorrow; even thought I work around the corner I might not be able to get out of my driveway. And yes I could walk but I do not feel like slipping and breaking something.

Just checking in.......I am putting my mom in the nursing home tomorrow morning for rehab. I know this is selfish, but I was hoping January would have been my month for ME. I miss my Water aerobics. Whining all done!

Joyce......yep staying on program.....journaled and counted pts.

Lori, It takes DH all day to eat a muffin. He slices it up. He does get sick if he eats a whole piece especially if he hasn't had Protein with his carbs.

Phyl, you and your stories have me laughing big time. I know about being married so long. I just look at DH sometimes and think "you old man" ......then I remember I'm not a spring chicken either. I think you will make it to 50......it is a badge of honor.

Jessica, Sorry about the tendonitis.....take care!

Kelly, CONGRATS on the 50lbs!!!

Linda, is the tortilla Soup low carb? I want it. I make one that my son created, but it has too much cheese .

Melissa......glad the fill is helping.......no sweets!

Okay gang, I am turning in for the night......no snow here, but it feels like it. We are supposed to have 50's for the highs and 30's for the lows all week. I'll check in after I get home tomorrow .

Oh, Apples........safe travels!

Hi....

Guess what??? We will be coming to Palm Desert for winter vacation in two weeks.

January 20th- January 28th..or 29th. My dad decided to have us come out because he is not coming to Dassi bat mitzah.

So...we are going!!! Janet???? Hopefully we can get together at some point or anyone else in the near vicinity!

Cant wait!

This weekend was so busy.....that cant even talk about it. The dates were okay.....nothing great!

Alot of family drama....about bat mitzvah and why my dad isnt coming in for it and so on .....just cant even begin to rehash it all except...to say sometimes I wish a new family would be nice.....

Tex....way to go....on the volenterring and weight loss...its great!!!

Linda.....you are really being a tropper here. Kudos to you.

Jules...you just keep on doing what your doing!!

costco........hah wont even go near that place during lunch on a weekend....youd never get past those tasters area.

Trader Joes.....speaking of which...we will be frequenting in Palm Desert lol so....thanks for the heads up Janet.

Arlene....hope your mom does better in the rehab. Glad she had an option. Its good to know that she will be taken care of a while longer and not go home alone.

Welll not feeling 100 percent....a little dizzy, tired and nauseas.....slightely. I dont know just out of sorts...going to sleep. Have a good night all...

Jodi

GRRRR!!!! This site is insane! I wrote a LOOOONG post 2 nights ago and took the time to write to everyone of you individually and went to post it, and it said "sorry, lbt is down for scheduled maintainence. Annoying. I've decided that from now on I am going to copy all of my post, then press "submit", then see what happens. That way, I can Paste it if it doesn't work.

But, too tired now to re-write everything. Just know that I am thinking of all of you.

Went to Dr yesterday, I lost 9 pounds this month!!!!! Wooohoo!!!!! Back on! I owe a lot of this loss to all of your support. Also, last night, I had a scheduled treat (b-day cake) and a glass of wine. Well, I woke up today and lost 2 more pounds!!! Amazing. Almost to ticker weight. I mean less than 5 lbs away! This feels so great.

Today went to a Baptism. Andrews niece got baptized (they are visiting here from Las Vegas) and he is the godfather. Since the Godmother lives in Ireland, she was unable to get here on short notice and I was the "stand in" which is still an honor to me since we are not blood and Andrew and I aren't married yet. It was a nice day, but very long.

Oh, the best news! I PASSED my math test!!!!! I now officially have my bachelors degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with a minor in Nonprofit Sector Studies! YAY! I'm proud of myself. Worked full time, while going to school full time and still managed to graduate with a 3.8 GPA. That was not an easy thing to do. Thank you for all of your prayers, support and encouragement. Now, time to start preparing to apply to Grad School!

Ok, well, I am literally exhausted and it's time to hit the hay. Going to make Andrews lunch and sleep. Cannot wait to sleep in tomorrow on my day off!

Good Night all. Love all of you!

Meredith

Wow Meredith, Congrats.

Good Morning Gang...

LOL on costco - I too sample - but I don't and don't think you all act like you haven't eaten in year and the get your sample and stand blocking the stand and isles :0)

Kelly WTG Girl !!!!

Meredith - WTG on weight & Test..

Phyl - LOL going to smack me .... I think you will make it to 50 LOL but there may be some wars between now and then ;0) - Glad Mom is doing better

Charlene - Nothing wrong with being selfish

Jodi - Do you still have my #'s - if not I will p.m. them to you... Ya we gotta get together - Phyl is here too..

Eva Tragic event the guy was a wacko - so sad that he had to kill pple - Your town is no diff than any other - We all have wackos...

Well dogs want more treats - time to hit the shower - cbl..

Just a couple of minutes... so quick post!!

Jodi... will be great to see you in Palm Springs!

I can't get multiquote to work Every time I try it just includes the last post I clicked on. What's the secret???

I have to get ready to go to the pool.... Water aerobics in 30 minutes... It's 48 degrees outside!! BRRRRR!!!

I'm wearing my "swim sweater"!! Water Warm-ups!

Thanks everyone for the congrat.s

I will be starting CNA classes on Jan. 20, they last 8 weeks, then you have to take a state test....and you get certified. I got a scholarship through the state that pays for everything, books, clothes, etc. Then if I'm lucky, I can work for a place that will work around schooling to become and LVN( licensed vocational nurse).That is if all goes according to plan. I love going to school, hope I never stop either! who knows, i might just become a RN!

Still cold as hell here, and kinda drizzling the cloud coverage is so low. This time of year we usually get really bad fog "Tule fog" Some of the worst in the whole country. We haven't exactly gotten any yet, but the way the weather has been so far this year I expect we will. I can remember having to drive with the door open so we could follow the line on the side of the road....we literally could not see past the hood of our car!

Well all for now.......

~Kelly~

Kelly - My Sis lived in Modesto and hated the fog in the winter time when she had to drive to work..

Go for your dreams - there's nothing holding you back..

So made just lost a whole long post GRRRRRR

I remember 'tule' fog well from living in Sacramento, I had to be to work at 4am and hated driving on I-5 to the airport in it. One gal that worked at the airport was killed in it one morning. So sad.

Ok, gals, looking for opinions about a baby shower. My friend is throwing DD a baby shower on the 29th and she's holding it at the rec center where she works (and I used to ) she can rent the room for free. It's the only date available til end of Feb. We chose this date due to the fact DD has been having the contractions and after the first of Feb the dr will take her off the RX that is controlling the contractions and off bed rest, and allow her to go into labor if that so happens. DD would like the shower before the baby comes. PROBLEM: DD's MIL informed her last night that she has to work that day (she's a nurse) and demands the shower be rescheduled. And also that it shouldn't be at the rec center. She just doesn't like the place. She's not offering any alternatives either and thinks the shower should be after the baby. First, this is my friend that is having the shower, not me and I think it's a wonderful thing of her to do (she also threw a bridal shower for her at the same place). She is inviting family but it wasn't necessarily a family shower. It's all our family and friends on our side of the family. She's free to throw another shower. Is it wrong to still have the shower when both grandmas can't be there? She is saying if DD doesn't change it that she will forever hold it against her (and me). This is the same woman that didn't want her son to marry my daughter, told my daughter she needed mental help, wasn't good enough, etc. She was horrible during the wedding preps, did nothing to help, and at the bridal shower, said she wasn't interested and came 45 min late and sat and cried the whole time. I feel if we change the date, it's caving to her demands and setting a precedent, DD has given in to her so many times in teh past and it's never enough anyway. What would you do? DD is beside herself, said that something that was supposed to be so joyous and fun has now become ugly and she feels stuck.

Lori~ You and your daughter are sooo sweet to even consider changing the shower for that woman! She sounds nuts. Hey, if she wants to throw a shower for her family, she can. She also seems to not care what others wishes are, including your daughter, who is the one giving birth!!!! If your daughter wants to have the shower before the baby is born, then she needs to have it on the date it is curently scheduled for. Bottom line. Heck, it might be great if this lady didn't talk to you and your DD for awhile! LOL. I don't understand why and how people get so crazy about these things? I wouldn't worry about it (easy for me to say). I always think about what my mom says in these situations, "Consider the source". It's so true. She sounds nuts and like she wants the attention (example A, the crying at the wedding shower) and not your DD, SIL, or GD. Not fair. Your friend is so kind to have the shower for her. Try to concentrate on the positive people in your lives. Good luck. I don't know if that helped any, but I tried. I know from experience that you cannot cave in and let these people get their way all of the time. Andrews mom used to be just like that and now she has done a 360 and her whole attitude has changed.