Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

lol I thought it was normal for a glass of ice tea to sweat. I have only traveled in humid areas I guess.

lol I thought it was normal for a glass of ice tea to sweat. I have only traveled in humid areas I guess.

Heck, Jessica...I thought it was normal to freeze b/4 you could get a chance to drink it!

Hi! I am two days post op and having trouble with chest pressure. I feel like I need to burp, but nothing comes up. Is this going to go away? It's nice to know you are there for the newbies! Thanks.

HAPPY NEW YEARS

party.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gif

My friends, sincerely, I will never stop wishing that your journey through this world will be touched by kindness, inspired by wisdom, graced with understanding, and kept safe from all harm. Wishing you all not just happiness but pure joy, not just wealth but Heaven's treasures, not just silence but God's peace.

Happy New Year.

grouphug.gifclap.gifiloveuall.GIFgrouphug.gif

Hi! I am two days post op and having trouble with chest pressure. I feel like I need to burp, but nothing comes up. Is this going to go away? It's nice to know you are there for the newbies! Thanks.

Is it all the time or after you eat or drink - you are still swollen - tiny sips of anything - Gas X Strips & Walk..

Welcome to Band Land !!!!

BAck at ya, Janet!! Happy New Years everyone!

Just had my lobster for dinner. I had gotten a lobster and some shrimp, however got stuck and PB'd on the first piece of shrimp so it ended up DH had shrimp and I had lobster. It was very good! It got really stuck too, haven't been that bad in a long time.

Apples - Great was right - it wasn't sundown yet in NY ;0) so she was ok ;0) I'm a day ahead of myself - keep thinking it's Saturday since I didn't go to work..

Great - I don't know how I would deal with the humidity now that I have lost the weight - I know that before - it about killed me..

Jessica - LOL our glasses sweat here in the desert to in the summer

Yep your snow - our summer - same things just different conditions..

Peaches went for a walk last week in the snow - took her 1/2 hr just to get dressed in all her layers LOL - Where here in the summer the lightest and least amount of clothing -

I don't know when Deb is coming over - Got 2 movies - Salt and Town - hope they are good..

I'm drinking coffee so I will be up at midnite to ring in the new yr...

Great what you are taking is good - I normally get stuff like that to take to parties - or make guacamole - something easy...

Well not much to report got lobster cut out of shell - salad made - potatoes actually baking in the oven not the microwave - asparagus in the pot - movies on the table - should be a nice night...

BAck at ya, Janet!! Happy New Years everyone!

Just had my lobster for dinner. I had gotten a lobster and some shrimp, however got stuck and PB'd on the first piece of shrimp so it ended up DH had shrimp and I had lobster. It was very good! It got really stuck too, haven't been that bad in a long time.

I got 3 lobster tails at costco for $34.. Thought that was pretty good - I got an extra one for me for tomorrow ;0) I haven't had lobster in ages - sure hope it's good - I am going to broil it - I have never done it before - I usually boil it - but last time I had one from costco and did that it was awful..

Charlene - let us know about the meat - I use to send it to my Aunt Dot for Xmas - one of those from QVC cuz she was always complaining that the steaks at the retirement village were over done (she's new yorker - likes her meat red - where as most southerns like it well done right ;0) I've never ordered it for myself - I just go to Costco ;0)

Great you are 2 hrs a head of me?? 7:20 pm so will you stay up or watch the ball drop at 9 and then hit the sack ;0)

Thank you for the wonderful NY wish, Janet....back at ya. You dinner and evening with movies sounds wonderful. Have dinner over with and just made a couple of drinks for DH and I to make a toast. Out with the old and in with the new. Not talking about us...LOL. Have the monopoly game ready to go and going to try by best to beat his little butt. It's never happened with that game. He plays monopoly like he farms. I'm doomed.

Happy New Year to you all! We are back from our dinner safe and sound. I had three nice crab legs - I actually spluged and had a tiny bit of butter - I dipped a corner of it barely in the butter but oh my, I could really taste that butter -- used hardly any of that butter, but I enjoyed the heck out of it. Also had some cold shrimp and a few bites of DH's prime rib. And was stuffed. No dessert -- me and Merry will Celebrate with some sugar free vanilla yogurt later. Aylah is here -- she has her Disco Dance Party CD in and her roller skates on and is blowing noise makers in the living room -- fun fun!

Well, I do know there are some reasonable places near Grant park to stay in Chicago - when we went we splurged and stayed at the Drake which was lovely, but it was expensive. parking is out of sight -- like $75 per day so we don't want to have a bunch of cars downtown Chicago - so probably the best idea is to stay out near Cheri's house and then carpool or take the train into the city -- train's are easy -- used to take them in LA and they are a great way to get around. I think that's the best plan.

To HerestothenewDecade - congrats on your band and yes, sounds like Janet gave you the right advice -Gas X but the walking is the best thing of all. Walk as much as you can and you'll feel better. You are going to love the new you.

Tina, I'm excited for you for Monday too - I hope you get your band date - I agree -- you should get back in the groove of driving. Sounds like your partner kinda took over your life and I think you need to take it back.

Apples, hope you win at Monopoly. Lori, what you're taking tomorrow sounds perfect Yes, just eat a meatball - sounds good -- if they insist tell them you have wheat allergies (works better than saying you "watch what you eat"). LOL. Of course there's probably wheat products in the meatballs but most people don't realize that either.

Julie, glad you posted and Happy new Year - hope this new year brings you better health.

Janet that was a very nice message you posted -- thank you and as Apples said, "back at you".

Arelene, hope all is well in your neighborhood - scary stuff. You take care and stay safe. Good going on the choo choo today - proud of you.

Joyce nice to hear from you too -- good going on the gym.

Apples, Joyce is about 3-1/2 south of me in Kansas City area, so she could meet us here and then it's about 5 hours exactly from my house to Chicago. But if you'd rather fly, that's fine too.

Eva, you are such a good parent to your plants - such a good idea with the Christmas lights -- you are so smart - I never would have thought of that.

Jodi, you have a great New Year too when you read this after your holy day. Sorry you can't Celebrate New Years like everyone else.

Well to everyone else - happy happy New Year and much continued Lap Band Success in 2011!!! Thank you all for a wonderful year and looking forward to another year of our friendship. I'll be toasting you all later.

Linda

Thanks Gang !!!! I am truly blessed to have you all in my life...

Ok Chicago is it ... Heck sounds like most of you will drive - I will be flying -

We gotta pick a date though - May - June ????? What works for everyone (ya that's going to be the hard one)

July 15 out for me - it's my DS 40th Bday - going to talk them in to coming down here cuz w/the dogs I just can't take off cuz I have 3 and Andrew has 2 and no way are we driving up there w/5 dogs...

But other than that - I'm open ...

Linda - LOL w/the dance CD - Enjoy though -

Apples - My Dad & Stepmom use to play games - well mostly cards & yazhee together and they golfed together.. Have fun

Happy New Year to all! DH just mixed me a Dirty Girl Scout Martini. It is so good, it taste like a frozen girl scout cookie. :o Yes, I budgeted (and biked) for it just in case anybody thought I was being bad. Chances are I will be a sleep within an hour because I don't drink often and when I do "look out"! That's ok with DH though because he has been called out (he is a fireman/emt) every New Years Eve, just after midnight, for the last 19 years that he has been on the department.:blink: Unfortunately, too many people drink and drive. That's why we stay home. We would rather go out on a non holiday.

Have a great night!

Thanks for the beautiful sentiments, Janet. Happy New Year to all. Never a big deal to me. I'm usually in bed before midnight no matter what night of the year it is. Husband is going in to work at 10:45. Used to go to church NYE but dropped that, too. Don't know anyone who has parties anymore. Everybody makes sure they're home before any craziness (like shooting guns in the air or driving drunk) occurs.

Cheri

Happy New Year to all! DH just mixed me a Dirty Girl Scout Martini. It is so good, it taste like a frozen girl scout cookie. :o Yes, I budgeted (and biked) for it just in case anybody thought I was being bad. Chances are I will be a sleep within an hour because I don't drink often and when I do "look out"! That's ok with DH though because he has been called out (he is a fireman/emt) every New Years Eve, just after midnight, for the last 19 years that he has been on the department.:blink: Unfortunately, too many people drink and drive. That's why we stay home. We would rather go out on a non holiday.

Have a great night!

What's a dirty girl scout martini ?? Sounds good ;0) - I agree rather go out when all the crazies are at home - Yep you would think pple would learn not to drink and drive - I have - I use to - was lucky never got a dui...

Thanks for the beautiful sentiments, Janet. Happy New Year to all. Never a big deal to me. I'm usually in bed before midnight no matter what night of the year it is. Husband is going in to work at 10:45. Used to go to church NYE but dropped that, too. Don't know anyone who has parties anymore. Everybody makes sure they're home before any craziness (like shooting guns in the air or driving drunk) occurs.

Cheri

Cheri - Nothing wrong w/staying home hell I think all of us except Melissa are staying home... I still like to watch the ball drop - drank coffee so I should be up...

Well Debbie still hasn't shown up - We didn't have a specific time - but hell I asked are you coming over she said yes - I should call - but this kind of things bugs me - she's flakey at time...

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone!!

I'm eating my dinner right now....scallops, broccoli and roasted potatoes. Everything came out good. I'm making mulled wine to drink tonight because it's too darn cold to drink margaritas which is what my friend is having. We won't go over there until about 10pm so I still have a little while to putz around tonight.

I didn't do anything constructive....oh well.

Once again, have a wonderful evening everyone and I'm grateful to have you ALL in my life.

Eva