Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Jessica, so proud of you. Tina, this is the girl for you to emulate. If she can do it, anyone can.

Laura K, cool that you have a date for NYE.

Gotta go.

Cheri

Jessica.........WOOHOO!!!! ONEDERLAND!!! CONGRATS! We are so proud of you!

LauraK......I wish you well on your date NYE. Yeah, a little cleavage......is a given especially on NYEve. I hope it is a great time!

Cheri, I hope your parents love the tour. It is so so much better when they can make those decisions before someone else has to. My mother moved in her retirement apartment before her decline. Now her dread is we will make her move by us when it it time for assisted living. I try not to bring it up as it really upsets her, but hey, she lives on the other side of Houston, and not in a good part of the city at night. I guess we are all faced with these decisions. I just don't want to depend on my kids.

Apples.....no sleep? are you worried? Warm Hugs and Prayers for you today!

Janet......I have gym tonight. My mind says yes......my body says NO! MIND RULES!

Joyce......where are you?

Eva......you make me tired with all the hard work you do outside. I need two crepe myrtles removed this winter and a some tree trimming......I have to hire my yard man for it. YOU GO GIRL!

Morning everyone, I got back from our brief vacation yesterday. We had a great time and food was not an issue. We even went out to eat twice and I did great. I have decreased my carb intake even more than I had previously and stuck to it even on vacation. I even worked out on vacation. There was an exercise bike and heated pool in the house we rented. I have exercised everyday so far this month. Just a few more days and I will meet that goal. Also another huge goal I must have reached while on vacation I hit ONEDERLAND! I was 198 this morning. My goal was to reach it before New Years day. This is awesome an I never wanna go back. My sister came over on Christmas Eve, she hasn't seen me since last Christmas Eve. She was stunned.

Yesterday I also ran for 25 minutes nonstop. I have 3 weeks left in my 5k training. I should be complete by my next race on Jan 22nd. Which means I should be able to run 3.1 miles nonstop. I can run about 1.75 miles so far so I am beyond being halfway there.

Tina, Sorry to hear you and your spouse are struggling. I have found that on this journey I have come alive. I use to spend all day in bed or lying on the couch. Couldn't even stand long enough to shower so I would just sit in the tub and let the Water run over me. Then it was a pain to try and get back out. I felt like I was dieing. Even on high doses of antidepressants. Losing weight and sticking to my meds has brought me back to life. My entire family is enjoying the new me. My doc has even cut my meds to only 1/3 of what they were. I feel like I have fought to get my life back and I love being back in the game. I hope the same for you. Fight to get your life back because you are worth every ounce of energy it takes. I am excited to be here in the begining of your journey because I will get to see your progress.

Gosh i typed a paragraph and it erased it because i accidently left the page. Arg!

Jessica, What i was saying was that im proud of you that you are running a 5k. That is my dream. I ran in my early 20's and LOVED it. I cant wait til i can run again!. I have so many goals that i want to accomplish. When i started this journey and they told me i had to do all this stuff in order to get insurance to pay i thought no way, thats crazy and that is going to take FOREVER. Well im done with all of that and it was worth going through it.

I'm meeting with the surgeon Monday and im still thinking somethings going to happen bad because i feel like this is just too good to be true. Did anyone worry right up to the last minute that something would happen and they wouldn't get to have your surgery? Arg Im so worried!!!! God's not going to drop me now thats for sure :) I know this but i cant help but let me addict mind try to sabotage this great experience!

I want to do the couch to 5k challenge too someday. I'm proud of you that you are able to accomplish your goal. This is a wonderful accomplishment indeed.

Laters,

Tina

Just a quickie as I'm at work and sneaking this in. I'm fighting back the tears I'm so dang proud of you Jessica -- wow! Wow! Super Wow! You are just amazing and we're all so proud of you. What a great year you have had -- so much to be proud of -- and that doesn't even count your accomplishments in school -- you are such an inspiration -- congratulations on it all but especially on onederland -- I know how important that was to you. So proud of you. :rolleyes::D:)

Just a quickie as I'm at work and sneaking this in. I'm fighting back the tears I'm so dang proud of you Jessica -- wow! Wow! Super Wow! You are just amazing and we're all so proud of you. What a great year you have had -- so much to be proud of -- and that doesn't even count your accomplishments in school -- you are such an inspiration -- congratulations on it all but especially on onederland -- I know how important that was to you. So proud of you. :rolleyes::D:)

What is Onederland btw?blink.gif

:hurray::party: CONGRATS JESSICA !!!!! :party:

Tina Onederland is when you get in the 100's - Jessica is 198 = Onderland...

As far as my eating goes - I could eat more - I want to eat more - I could snack more - the lunch room has a 5 lbs box of See's candy. But I don't - I am a nite time eater - so I budget my calories for the weakess part of my day - I have done this since day 1... I always eat light for BF (breakfast) and lunch most days and don't snack during the day - I eat healthy 98% of the time allow for treat 2% of the time - I watch the amount of sugar I consume Since I had tamales - xmas Cookies - Beans made w/real lard on xmas - I am back to just my normal eating healthy - this weekend will allow for a treat (something out of my normal eating - something that may have a few more calores sugar/fat)

Truly I am phsyically full on 3/4 to 1 cup food - sometimes even 1/2 cup - the key word is physically - I am not emotionally full - my head/body still craves more food - cuz it says oh you only ate 2/3 c of food - and then you have the whole craving (physically) because of the sertionain (sp) that is released when you eat - your body wants more it is an actual emotional craving for me. Alas addiction to food - I am physically full but stil want to eat.

The band doesn't do all the work - the majority of it is up to you imho.. Again this is why we stress all the time that it's just a tool - it's not going to make your food choices for you - it's not going to exercise for you - and it's not going to take away your head hunger issue.

Linda LOL junking up the thread - I know Phyl has problems with double posting and she will quote this thread and it will show up on our #7 thread .. Hugs on the shoulder - I know if my hip doesn't quit hurting (3 on a scale of 10) I may be going to the doc after the 1st - it's hampering my exercise..

Since you lived in Vegas did you ever do Vegas NYE??

Apples - I'm like you going to a male doc is no biggie - but I perfer a female.. One the treadmill - decrease your speed and increase your incline..

Charlene - My brain tells me No don't go to the gym almost everyday - I am tired after working all day - I haven't been super engernitic lately - I think I need to get better on my vitimans - But alas I still go #1 I pay a trainer 2 x a week and secondly I have gf I go w/to my classes - so gotta be good example - cuz just like here - they started going cuz of me and the results that they saw on my body - Being a roll model is tough work LOL

Great - I'm so so w/tech stuff - I use to be good at hooking all that stuff up - but the last time I tried to hook up my blue ray - I got something crossed - cuz when I go back to watching reg tv - it takes me a while to get the station to come back on - I need to get my gf dh over - he works for the cable company ;0)

Cheri - Enjoy your day...

LauraK - Can't wait to hear how the NYE party goes...

Well - I gotta get my butt in gear... CBL

Good morning! GRRR more techie issues. This morning my internet wasn't working. Went to check the modem and no power. Somehow the outlet it's plugged into keeps tripping. No idea why so I found some extension cords and ran them to another room and got power that way. DH is in Denver today (without me BOO HOO!! but just for the day) so he can look at it when he gets home or I will call the builder if we have an electrical issue. Not sure if the storm has anything to do with it, but all my other power is working. After our issues getting the XBOX Kinect hooked up I did real well connecting it last night to the wireless etc. and was worried I did something there but then saw that DH was on the internet early this morning. So frustrating, at least in pony express days you just had to care for the horses! LOL

Looks like I may be snowed in today, will see how it goes, I'd like to run a few blocks to Walmart and check out the Christmas clearance for next year (Paper and bows, etc) but that's not crucial of course.

My dogs (black lab mixes) stunk so bad from being boarded at the kennel that I decided to give them baths. I usually hose them down outside which they love but in this cold I couldn't hardly do that. They are too big for the bathtub so I took them one at a time into the shower with me. OMG now I have black hair everywhere. So gals, I knwo a few of you have big labs, how do you give them baths? Especially Apples there in the frozen tundra of MN???

Jewel, congrats on ONederland. You have come so far, so proud of you. You should go back and read some of your first posts on this thread and see for yourself where you were and where you are now. Amazing girl!

Tina, good luck at your appt on Monday. Yep that is all Janet eats, that is a typical banded lifestyle diet, or should be. No eating around the band.

Apples, hoping you can get some rest.

Linda, now that is junking up the thread. Too funny how that kept doing that.

LauraK, enjoy your new years.

Janet, I did a New Year's eve when I lived in Vegas, it was the year they imploded the Hacienda hotel. But they imploded it at 9pm so that it would be midnight on the east coast for television. DUMB! So at 9pm we are all shouting Happy New Year and singing Auld Lang Syne and then go home and watch it all over on TV at midnight. It was crazy the people and oh the alcohol by the actual midnight it was pretty bad. It's a new Year's I will always remember and my kids talk about all the time, hard to top that one.

Arlene, be careful on too many stops on that choo choo!! That's also what I wanted to go to Walmart for today, get some Protein bars, etc.

Good morning! GRRR more techie issues. This morning my internet wasn't working. Went to check the modem and no power. Somehow the outlet it's plugged into keeps tripping. No idea why so I found some extension cords and ran them to another room and got power that way. DH is in Denver today (without me BOO HOO!! but just for the day) so he can look at it when he gets home or I will call the builder if we have an electrical issue. Not sure if the storm has anything to do with it, but all my other power is working. After our issues getting the XBOX Kinect hooked up I did real well connecting it last night to the wireless etc. and was worried I did something there but then saw that DH was on the internet early this morning. So frustrating, at least in pony express days you just had to care for the horses! LOL

Looks like I may be snowed in today, will see how it goes, I'd like to run a few blocks to Walmart and check out the Christmas clearance for next year (Paper and bows, etc) but that's not crucial of course.

My dogs (black lab mixes) stunk so bad from being boarded at the kennel that I decided to give them baths. I usually hose them down outside which they love but in this cold I couldn't hardly do that. They are too big for the bathtub so I took them one at a time into the shower with me. OMG now I have black hair everywhere. So gals, I knwo a few of you have big labs, how do you give them baths? Especially Apples there in the frozen tundra of MN???

Jewel, congrats on ONederland. You have come so far, so proud of you. You should go back and read some of your first posts on this thread and see for yourself where you were and where you are now. Amazing girl!

Tina, good luck at your appt on Monday. Yep that is all Janet eats, that is a typical banded lifestyle diet, or should be. No eating around the band.

Apples, hoping you can get some rest.

Linda, now that is junking up the thread. Too funny how that kept doing that.

LauraK, enjoy your new years.

Janet, I did a New Year's eve when I lived in Vegas, it was the year they imploded the Hacienda hotel. But they imploded it at 9pm so that it would be midnight on the east coast for television. DUMB! So at 9pm we are all shouting Happy New Year and singing Auld Lang Syne and then go home and watch it all over on TV at midnight. It was crazy the people and oh the alcohol by the actual midnight it was pretty bad. It's a new Year's I will always remember and my kids talk about all the time, hard to top that one.

Arlene, be careful on too many stops on that choo choo!! That's also what I wanted to go to Walmart for today, get some Protein bars, etc.

Great - Glad to know I'm not the only one who takes their dogs in the shower w/them - hell it's just easier - lucky though my dogs don't shed..

At this stage in my life I don't think I would want to fight the crowds in Vegas or NYC... Maybe if I were younger - but heck I remember when I did go out back in the day on NYE there were so many pple you couldn't move - dance etc...

PT bars - gotta make sure you get the low carb ones - and for me they are like a candy bar - I rather eat a meal for 150-200 calories...

Well - I just don't feel like doing the task I should be doing - an application... It's dark and raining and cold - would love to be home w/a book - fire place and a pot of Soup on the stove...

Got gym tonite - Legs - doubt if I go to the new dance class at 6:30 but who knowns maybe inspired

Jessica, so proud of you. Tina, this is the girl for you to emulate. If she can do it, anyone can.

Laura K, cool that you have a date for NYE.

Gotta go.

Cheri

Cheri, Thank you so much for the beautiful compliment. It brought tears to my eyes.

Gosh i typed a paragraph and it erased it because i accidently left the page. Arg!

Jessica, What i was saying was that im proud of you that you are running a 5k. That is my dream. I ran in my early 20's and LOVED it. I cant wait til i can run again!. I have so many goals that i want to accomplish. When i started this journey and they told me i had to do all this stuff in order to get insurance to pay i thought no way, thats crazy and that is going to take FOREVER. Well im done with all of that and it was worth going through it.

I'm meeting with the surgeon Monday and im still thinking somethings going to happen bad because i feel like this is just too good to be true. Did anyone worry right up to the last minute that something would happen and they wouldn't get to have your surgery? Arg Im so worried!!!! God's not going to drop me now thats for sure :) I know this but i cant help but let me addict mind try to sabotage this great experience!

I want to do the couch to 5k challenge too someday. I'm proud of you that you are able to accomplish your goal. This is a wonderful accomplishment indeed.

Laters,

Tina

I was worried I was gonna chicken out. I knew when they came to roll me out I was gonna bolt. Thankfully they gave me something for my nerves when I arrived. I was thinking today about all the disappointments I have faced in life. I kinda just accepted and expected to be disappointed. I didn't trust others or myself to keep a commitment. Things are changing though. I am becoming more positive. Expecially about myself. It is normal to have some worries but I know when I am depressed it seems to magnify. I found things to keep my hands and mind busy. I learned to crochet and before I went back to school I spent most my day doing that, painting, sudoku and puzzles. I know some people who even make collages to represent their goals for the up and coming year. I may do that myself since I'm on break from school. Really take it easy until your meds become effective. My hubby and son use to enjoy doing puzzles with me. It may be something your spouse is willing to do with you until you are able to find more active things. Now we play soccer and tennis instead. I know it is hard to see but your actually already taking a few steps on the right track. Making the decision for the surgery, getting the approval, getting back on the meds you need. Your already moving up. Congrats on your approval. I feel like I won the lottery with this surgery. It is helping me develop the life I wanted for so long.

Thank you everyone for the congratulations and the sweet words. It feels like Christmas today. I wish I could see you all and give you a HUG. This band is not a gimmick. It works if you work it.

Just got a call from DD, she was up all night with cramping again, she goes to see the dr this afternoon. Dang it all, she was doing so well. Little Katelyn is going to be an ornery little one!

Lori - Continued Prayers !!!!

Jessica - Hugs Hugs Hugs - You are so right - the band works as long as you do the work ;0)

Congratulations Jessica! You have accomplished so many goals this year. 2010 was a great year for you and I would be willing to bet that 2011 will be even better. WTG!

Cheri, It sounds like you and I are in very similar “parent situations” right now. I haven’t posted much in the last couple of weeks because I have had some very long days taking care of my Dad and trying to carry on my own life. I leave the house for work at 5:45 and don’t get home until 7 or 7:30. I am tired, as I know you are. I would be interested to know what you and your Mom think about the senior living place after your visit. I think that assisted living is the way to go for my Dad. Unfortunately, he does not. I have had him for dinner every night since my Mom passed 8 years ago and that has not been to hard on me or my family. I figure, what the heck, we have to eat dinner anyway so what is one more? Now that he is stuck at home, providing dinner for him and getting him cleaned up each day has been draining. I suggested hiring some help for a couple of hours a day but he refused. I will give him a few more weeks and hopefully he will regain enough movement to go back to a more normal lifestyle. If he isn’t able to make a good recovery and regain some independence I will have to insist. I can’t keep this up long term. I truly don’t want to go there so my fingers are crossed.

Apples, wishing you sweet dreams tonight.

LauraK, I can’t wait to hear about NYE. Wishing you the best time!

Great, I wash my lab on the back porch during summer. I run a hose from the laundry tub so he has warm Water. During the winter I take him to Petco. They do a great job and only charge $31.00. I have tried to wash him in the tub but I end up with a terrible back ache. It just isn’t worth it.

Tina, good luck with your appointment! You mentioned that you can’t wait to start your new life. Girl, you have already started! Congratulation, keep it up.

Lori - sending prayers for your daughter.

Jessica - you are amazing. What a change you have made in your life. Congrats on onederland.

Cheri - always enjoy reading your posts.

Hi to Arlene and all my friends here.

Just made the date with friend to begin at the gym again starting this Friday. Three days a week and will be up on gym floor now - avoiding jumping in Water aerobics. Knee is still bruised from injection, but time to start again.

LauraK - enjoy your NYE date.

We are going to an annual dinner on NYE with friends in their home. Several other couples will be there too. We'll be home by 10 pm, as my hubby does not like "in home" parties. unsure.gif

Weather is cold here.

Lori...we bathe Tanker in the lake during the summer and fall months. During the cold months we have a spray we use that is WONDERFUL. It hydrates the fur and skin and takes any odor away. We only have to spray him about once every two weeks. We got it at Wallmart. I wonder if many you can get it online also. Pro-Pet Select waterless Shampoo. Bath alternative...no rinse. Just spray and brush in. Best thing invented for these cold months. No more stinky dog.

Janet....I wish you could be home also. Barefoot and making one pot wonders. That's always a good way to spend rainy day.

Cheri...have a great day with your mom. Enjoy.

Arlene....yep....not sleeping because of worries...no new developments though...hoping for the answers soon. Just so ready for some peace. I will be fine and will crash one of these nights and catch up. I have ALWAYS been a good night time sleeper. This lack of sleep is making me into a real bi_ch but I put the warning out far ahead of time to warn DH and DS. DS giggled at one of my rants today. I cried and then laughed right along with him. No sleep equals being unrealistic with me.

Crazy stressful here today with trying to beat the bank hours so need to do a bit more fine tuning reimbursements from corp and get my butt to town soon. Going to take time to have coffee with a friend at 4pm.

Oh...big complaint....ran into a fellow Lapbander yesterday. Got my A$$ reamed for being too "skinny". On and on and on and on. I just stood there calmly and listened and then stated that I find comments on other's weight offensive and all the medical professionals I deal with state that I am within a healthy weight range and am sitting on the BMI chart. Turned on my heal and walked away. Thought I was a bi_ch until I met up with her.

Lori, on the black lab bath question...my dog has never had a bath. It's weird, but we've never soaped her down and rinsed her off. She's been brushed and rubbed with damp cloths, but no bath. If I had to bathe her in the winter...it would be like what you did, in the shower and deal with the hair. Keeping my fingers crossed for your DD.

Jessica...congratulations on onederland. I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished this year.

Tina, as for myself, I put myself on auto pilot for surgery. I was a self pay and went to Mexico and just did what I had to do. Yes, I did question if what I was doing was the right thing and I was nervous and anxious, but it all worked out. I had to lose a mere 13lbs before surgery and did, but just barely. It was to my benefit because my stomach had shrunk so much I really wasn't hungry and did well on liquids for three weeks.

Linda....your junking up the thread was so funny....word by word. Sorry about your shoulders. I have trouble with them too from time to time, but it passes. I figure there is wear and tear on all those joints and they just have to let me know they aren't happy. I'm at the point that I know I need exercise, but I'm not going to hurt myself at it. It sets me back too far.

Cheri, it's sort of hard for me to read about your issues with your parents. I had a lot of conflicting emotions when my parents were failing and it was hard. You have all my empathy as you go through this. Sounds like you are planning a very nice visit with your Mom however. Our parents rarely want to give up their independence.

Arlene, good for you staying on that choo choo. Having your mom so far away isn't fun either. It's the same thing as I wrote to Cheri...our parents don't want to give up their independence. I'm not sure I'd want to either, but I'm going to try and stay flexible as I get older.

Janet, it is a good day for Soup. We get so few of these. It's only 55 right now and windy. I am making Soup and red chili sauce. I just boiled the chilies and will be putting them through the food mill when they cool a little. I did one bunch my sister gave me (grown in the Phoenix area) and three bags of Hatch chilies, mild, medium, and hot. I mixed them all together so this will be a very interesting batch. I tell you this because you'll understand about chilies. My fingers were "warm" after I stemmed and seeded them so I timed my shower afterwards to help wash off some of the burn.

Apples, what did I hear about the walk-in closet? There's an exercise room at the clubhouse where you'll be staying and plenty of places to walk. Sounds like you are getting the end of the year stuff done. Don't get too stressed, it's not worth it.

I've taken down the Christmas lights and set up some other ones in the plants that I don't want to freeze. I have these kalanchoe that are getting ready to bloom and they do not freeze well, so I run a few christmas lights through them and cover them with sheets to keep them from freezing.

My arugula is almost ready to pick too. Amazing that I'm actually getting some results from my little garden. I was looking at my raised bed and planning on what I'll plant there.

So I'm going to have DH cut down the rest of the oleander trunks with the chain saw. They are too much work for the bow saw. I might trim a few more other ones today, but it is cold and windy out and I'm not looking forward to that right now. I don't want to trim the front bushes until after the freeze...it won't kill the plants but they look like crap afterwards.

I guess I'll go work on some other projects. BBL

Eva