Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Melissa - I love what Great said - getting paid to work out ;0) - I bet it's hard - I have always had a desk job - Don't think I could be on my feet all day.. Enjoy your soak :0)

Just finshed my hot bath I feel clean, comfy and relaxed. Two days off and back to work Sunday. So far it has been good for me, staying busy and "working out" .

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and help with me getting back on track Love you all. I am going shopping either tomorrow or Sat to get all my Protein needs. I still have stuff so I might wait we will see.

So what is everyones feeling on fruit or greek yogurt is that a no no. I eat fruit for the sweetness but maybe that backfires I don't know since I can eat fruit know I have been. When I was tighter I could not eat fruit

I can't believe I just had to login again.....what's up with that? Anyway, I went to see my friend, it was a nice visit and another friend showed up. Yep, we went out to eat. Fell off the wagon. I had some of those onion strings....you know .....the fried ones at Chilis. Then I ate two ribs......that's not bad, but the fried onions were not good. I guess you would say I stopped at the station too long. I will be chugging along tomorrow. I had not seen this friend for six months. We had not talked about our dramas for a while. Seems like her SIL had run her company for a number of years and must have thought he was entitled to their business. So he started his own business (same kind as theirs) while working for them. He ran their business into terrible debt......then resigned and opened his own office. Yes, it is a crime..... they no longer speak to their daughter or the SIL, but the good news is they have pulled themselves out of debt and their business is still going strong. My friend that had the stroke is walking the halls now. Her blood sugar is running between 80-190. At least it is coming down.

Sorry I did not read all the posts. I will check in tomorrow.........HUGS! to all!!!

Melissa - I may have to go out Saturday for a couple things - Andrew wants some colonge - but I don't want to go to the mall... As far as carbs go - I just watch the starches - I still eat yogurt & fruit - They are healthy - white bread isn't ;0) But I'm not the resident carb person - That's why I could never do Atkins - I think fruit & veggies (cuz everything we eat has some carbs) are healthy options instreads of the white starches.. To me when I say I am eating low carb - means I am eating veggie & Protein - leaving alone rice Pasta etc starches and sugar..

Charlene - I LOVE blooming onion and the dip - if you didn't eat too much it's not that bad

Some pple have balls don't they - but sure glad everything is back on track for both of your friends..

Kelly, WTG on getting rid of another lbs...

Melissa, you are making great strides, keep it up. Glad you like your new job.

Been getting on that train you all are on. Got to get it moving again.

Can't remember any more so to all a good night.

LauraK

Hey all. Just wanted to stop in and say "hi". Studied all night long for my math final exam which is tomorrow night at 6. I have to work until 4 tomorrow, so hopefully will be fresh still for my test. So nervous. This one is a biggie.

Melissa~ I used to hate standing on my feet all day working my tail off when I was super heavy, but now, its no prob. Your body gets used to it. Believe it or not. Its good exercise tho! Proud of you.

Janet~ I can't do Atkins either. Fruits, veggies, hard Protein it is for me too. I just lay off the rice and stuff and I'm fine.

Oh, has anyone tried Barilla Plus? It is whole wheat Pasta with added Protein. I get the rotini and eat about 10 noodles (thats it! I have trouble w pasta) and eat mostly just the meat sauce (not bad). The sauce has always been my fave part anyways. Just thought i would throw an option out there.

Apples~ Love you girl. Night.

And good night to all of you!!!! Wish me luck for tomorrows exam!

Okay... lost my post again! I'm about ready to give up!!!

Hugs, everyone!!

3_8_14.gif 4_2_204v.gif 4_2_200v.gif 23_165_7.gif

Okay... lost my post again! I'm about ready to give up!!!

Hugs, everyone!!

3_8_14.gif 4_2_204v.gif 4_2_200v.gif 23_165_7.gif

Gotta get to the gym so not much time, just wanted to say good morning.

Lori, sent recipe on FB message to you. Hope you get it okay.

Jessica, wtg on the tests -- you are one smart girl -- and so nice of you to help out the teacher - I'm sure she appreciates it too.

Melissa, I eat Dannon greek yogurt with a very small amount (probably no more than 1/4 cup of strawberries/blueberries and 1/2 banana every morning mixed into it. That's my Breakfast. Like Janet, these are the only carbs I eat - I never eat starchy foods (potatoes, rice, Pasta, bread). First of all, I pb if I try and secondly, I don't really crave it any longer. Once in a blue moon I'll order a baked potato at a restaurant but I always have light sour cream with me to put on it if I do. It's a treat maybe twice a year.

Today is day 4 of the 5 day pouch test -- it is truly wonderful to feel so good -- it's the way we're supposed to eat -- so if you need a refresher course on what to eat, check it out.

Busy night last night -- finished cards, Aylah was here. Katie sick (nothing new there).

Well, gotta get to the gym. Later everyone.

Linda

Gotta get to the gym so not much time, just wanted to say good morning.

Lori, sent recipe on FB message to you. Hope you get it okay.

Jessica, wtg on the tests -- you are one smart girl -- and so nice of you to help out the teacher - I'm sure she appreciates it too.

Melissa, I eat Dannon greek yogurt with a very small amount (probably no more than 1/4 cup of strawberries/blueberries and 1/2 banana every morning mixed into it. That's my Breakfast. Like Janet, these are the only carbs I eat - I never eat starchy foods (potatoes, rice, Pasta, bread). First of all, I pb if I try and secondly, I don't really crave it any longer. Once in a blue moon I'll order a baked potato at a restaurant but I always have light sour cream with me to put on it if I do. It's a treat maybe twice a year.

Today is day 4 of the 5 day pouch test -- it is truly wonderful to feel so good -- it's the way we're supposed to eat -- so if you need a refresher course on what to eat, check it out.

Busy night last night -- finished cards, Aylah was here. Katie sick (nothing new there).

Well, gotta get to the gym. Later everyone.

Linda

P.S. to my previous post -- I can only eat a very small amount of that potato when I do order it -- usually less than half of it. Just want to clarify that I'm not condoning eating baked potatoes on a regular basis.

Linda

Fly by for me today.......... sorry.

Yesterday I worked. So many of my patients are so depressed this time of year. If they are in such a financial situation that they qualify for the clinic- then it's pretty bad. Imagine having the stress of possibly losing your home, unable to buy food or presents for your kids and putting your health last on the list. I left there drained, emotionally and physically. I am so blessed. I thank God every day for all the blessings in my life!

I had to miss the big Christmas event in Nelson's class yesterday. I delegated it to 4 other parents. I got an email from the teacher that only 2 showed up! I just don't get people- if you say you will do something... then JUST DO IT! uggghhhh! Today they are watching the POLAR EXPRESS. I am bringing in hot chocolate and donut holes. I can't wait to see all 16 of their little faces when I show up with the goodies! (bringing some apple juice too in case someone doesn't like hot chocolate). I love these kids! I love the teacher too! i got a very low response for the group gift (visa gift card). I ended up adding way too much so it didn't look so cheap. I thought DH would get upset and instead he just hugged me and said I have a big heart. : ) I love my DH.

ok guys........... love you all too!!!

peasout..Laura

Good Morning Gang! Wow! My yard does not need mowing, but the yard guy was out at 7:15 mowing and trimming the yard. Ya think he wants his Christmas Bonus? I gave it to him. He is so nice and has three small children. This is a slow time of year for him. Those are the people I like to help. Speaking of that. Does anyone know where is can get my friend the best price for a pair of bifocals? Sears has a coupon right now, but she won't be out of rehab in time to use it. Also, I don't know if Medicare helps with glasses. I guess I just need to do some calling today.

Joyce are you okay? I haven't seen you post in a while.

Jessica.....congrats on the grades!

Cheri and Lori and Melissa........Choo! Choo! I jumped on the train this morning. I don't plan making any stops today. lol

Mornin'!! Woke up early today but was cold so lied in bed with my 2 fur companions. Me and 2 big lab mix dogs, soon as DH leaves they hop up on the bed. LOL But if they hear his footsteps in the hall they jump right back down. Not much planned today other than cleaning house, getting very nervous and worked up about my dinner thing tomorrow night.

Linda, yes I got the recipes, thank you very much.

Meredith, good luck on the final tonight.

Phyl, what did your lost posts say? LOL

Arlene, lawn guy? DH is my lawn guy. LOL But no mowing this time of year.

Good Morning Gang

I don't like my wireless keyboard - it won't work sometimes - I have to reboot to get it going again - and didn't have time this morning..

Meredith - Good Luck on your exam today... Yep healthy food is healthy food that's what counts in my book - I have tried some of the wheat Pasta - just like brown rice - not a big fan of either - will have it sometime - I like Fiber groument (sp) feutticunie - 1/2 the cal of reg Pasta and 17 grms of Fiber - I can only find it online or at health food stores - which are out of the way for me - so rarely have it ;0)..

This morning - bf - blackberries/rasberries & greek yogurt...

Linda

did eat white rice during my whole weight loss phase - every nite - but that was the extend of my starches most days..

WTG on getting to the gym 1st thing in the a.m.

Laura

It would be so hard to work somewhere were you see 1st hand how pple have it really bad.. I would go broke trying to help them at Christmas so that the kids had presents.. We use to do gift exchange here at work - but a couple of yrs ago - we decided to each bring toys for the kids at our local shelters - So where as before we had $20 limit - I spend $75 getting toys for the kids - but it's a good cause and I feel that I have made some childs Christmas a little brighter ;0)

Charlene

We have rye grass this time of yr - I have gardner every month - that reminds me I need to send him something extra

Great - Your dinner will be fine - relax - I know easy for me to say - but I bet you $100 on Sunday you are going to tell us how great it all turned out...

Well, need to get my butt in gear - cbl