Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Glad to have you join us Debra.

Laura K

LauraK...some advice on the upcoming DD party and inviting ex and his wife. Make sure to wear something that shows off your new bod! I am sure you will make an impression with all the hard work you have done!:scared2::unsure::wink:

LauraK - you are truly a loving Mom to include ex's. What we will do for our children never ends.

Lori - I loved Karen's idea about the condo. With all your traveling, that would certainly simplify life and allow for early downsizing.

Julie - prayers do work -- I had prayed for an earlier date with your doctor (as had others here). Now lets hope some relief is in the very near future and permanent resolution.

Karen - I love to hear the dog runs for the truck when the phone rings. My beloved yorkie used to stay with neighbors when I was gone and always ran for the door when the phone rang. He sensed it was me calling to announce I would pick him up.

Maids were here today. Their business is 30% off with this recession. So, I offered to increase their business by allowing them to wash all the windows in the house. Leave it to me to support the economy. We have a sunroom that is more enjoyable with sparkling windows.

Off to the gym - first time in two months. Cutting down on PT will allow gym time.

Hi all.

Well its been an extremely busy week!!!

Firstly I would like say

I hope that Arlene your mom feels better....

Julie Im glad to hear that you will see that Neuro surgeon on Friday...

Eva your purse party sounded like a great success,

Jessica...wow you were beutiful before however now...you are absolutely gorgeous!!

Apples..glad you enjoyed the weekend and saw friends from the summer. Cant wait to get to FI in the middle of May to start our summer share and see our summer friends.

Janet, come to think of it....I did the hand sun tanning...when I was thin!! lol That was 8 yrs ago! lol

Since then....I wouldnt have dared!!

BTW...thanks for that post that you posted regarding after surgery eating and drinking and definitions...I have to tell you this has been like my bible. I printed it and take it with folded every where I go. When I look at it I send you a little thanks each time...it is extremely helpful to me and I refer to it often. Thank you thank you.

Cherri, I see your passion regarding the special needs population and your knowledge regarding cultural diversity in the Public School and Areas. As far as assessment go and cultural sensitivity...unfortunately you are right. If you didnt work in an inner city school you cant possibly understand. Perhaps we should e-mail and discuss these concerns and topics and leave...this thread for general topics that arent so personal to teaching and assessment that we can discuss for ever and ever...and would love that...if we can.

Joeducare@aol.com. Would welcome your expertise actually!!

Great, I understand your concern regarding cultural senstivities. Im glad Cherri explained but I think she was just proving the point which is true..that there are these differences regarding culture and assessing children using materials that they are unfamiliar with. Im sorry that her response came of so harsh however....it is unfortunately like this..Cherri has been working in the system for a long time and teachers have this language of their own....so she or I have offended you in any way....my oppologies. We really should be having private conversations about topics that are controversial.....this is a big one.

Must go for now ....Ill post more tonight!

BB woke from nap!!

Have a great day all

Jodi

Welcome Debra. You are doing outstanding, congratulations.

Lots of wonderful ladies here with great experience to share.

Joyce in KC

LauraK...some advice on the upcoming DD party and inviting ex and his wife. Make sure to wear something that shows off your new bod! I am sure you will make an impression with all the hard work you have done!:scared2::unsure::wink:

Apples,

Already got my clothes picked out for the grad day lol

Like minds think alike. hehehehe

LauraK

Hey gang........I got home early. My mom had 103 last night and then her fever broke. She is much better today. She is up and has walked several times. I am going to put her in skilled nursing care tomorrow or thursday. "The prayers of the righteous availeth much". Thanks!

Oh, I have done good so far today. I did eat baked chicken instead of spring rolls. I'll have one more shake tonight.

Again...........thanks for all the support and encouragement. You keep me going!

Hi everyone, Julie, so glad of your good news - thank goodness! What a relief that is!

Lori, sorry about the houses - yes, maybe a condo -- that sounds exciting to me -- especially in snow country. Hope you find something perfect that you'll LOVE. When we bought our house here we didn't have much to choose from and frankly, I wasn't all that happy with our house - it's grown on me, but not my favorite -- it's a split foyer and all the stairs drives me insane. But I offended DH when I commented a few years ago that I reallly didn't "like" our house much. Ooops.

Debra, welcome! You're doing great -- so proud of you -- hope you'll stick with us -- we're the same age (I just had my 58th b-day last week) and now if you're only 5'1" we're almost twins. With your weight goal at 125 I'm assuming you must be rather short.

Julie, your DD dress sounds gorgeous -- so glad she found something she likes -- it's getting exciting! My neice's wedding is now less than 90 days away -- wow, time is flying.

Well, I gotta go home. I'll cbl.

linda

Hey All I went back to my Dr and added the .4cc I had taken out a month ago I was eating way to much and did not have that full feeling.

So liquids for a couple days time to get back to business

Hey everyone..... ended up having Mimi for a while this afternoon... She got hurt at daycare and needed some extra TLC....I didn't lift her or anything I shouldn't do... She finally went down for her nap while laying on my in my chair and forturnately DH came in just in time to lay her on the couch....

Laura, thanks for all the great advice in your PM... I will try very hard to remember what you said... I already thought about doing 1 1/2 pills... I've been so groggy all day that it must be from the pills.....

Apples, thanks for the MOB website..... DD just told me that DF's mother just got her dress... DD will go to see it tonight so she can tell me about it... Of course you had fresh Cookies for your guys by the time they left for work this morning.. I wouldn't expect anything less of you.... You take such good care of them..... I hope they appreciate you.....

Laura K, wtg on the snappy outfit for the graduation and party.... Rub their faces in it.......you go girl...

Arlene, glad mother is better.... And you did just fine.. don't worry, your weigh in will go great....

Debra, welcome... great bunch of ladies here and we all have stories and issues... and are all in different stages of things... I'm not at goal, but have been on maintenance for almost a year because of unrelated medical problems.... I'm so thankful for my band as otherwise I would have gained weight back by this time.. Instead I maintain and lose a pound here or there... About 25 in the last year...so no complaints.....except that I want to be well and get on with losing the rest... My DD is getting married in October and I so want to lose more before then.. but mostly I want to be pain free and able to enjoy every minute.... glad you are here...

Linda, has your GD been able to play on the swing set yet?? DD just bought a metal one from Wal-Mart for Mimi's birthday and DH put it up on Sunday, but she hasn't been able to play on it yet either...

Phyll, how is home??? All unpacked and back to normal life??

Joce, send your maids over.......I'll put them to work after we finish our project.. My whole house will need a good dusting and cleaning....

Jodi, waiting to hear about your busy day....

Well, ladies, I think we've lost Meredith forever... She hasn't been here for so long... I miss hearing about her young life.....

DH just came in to ask about supper so I'd better get it on the table.... You all have a great night.... Hugs... Julie

Welcome Debra. You are doing outstanding, congratulations.

Lots of wonderful ladies here with great experience to share.

Joyce in KC

Joyce,

I live in Lenexa. I work in Lansing. Where did you have your surgery done? I just had mine done by Dr. Hoehn at Shawnee Mission. I started out with Dr. Malley, but he was not practicing at the right hospital for my insurance. When did you get banded?

Debra (Froggie)

I thought I recognized your screen name. Dr. Malley performed my surgery on 2-22-2010. Self pay - so no insurance issues.

My son-in-law had Dr. Hoehn for gastric bypass in June - and has lost from 427 to 245 and is thrilled. He speaks at the support meetings occasionally.

Welcome again. You are really doing wonderfully.

Hi everyone, Julie, so glad of your good news - thank goodness! What a relief that is!

Lori, sorry about the houses - yes, maybe a condo -- that sounds exciting to me -- especially in snow country. Hope you find something perfect that you'll LOVE. When we bought our house here we didn't have much to choose from and frankly, I wasn't all that happy with our house - it's grown on me, but not my favorite -- it's a split foyer and all the stairs drives me insane. But I offended DH when I commented a few years ago that I reallly didn't "like" our house much. Ooops.

Debra, welcome! You're doing great -- so proud of you -- hope you'll stick with us -- we're the same age (I just had my 58th b-day last week) and now if you're only 5'1" we're almost twins. With your weight goal at 125 I'm assuming you must be rather short.

Julie, your DD dress sounds gorgeous -- so glad she found something she likes -- it's getting exciting! My neice's wedding is now less than 90 days away -- wow, time is flying.

Well, I gotta go home. I'll cbl.

linda

Linda,

You are right - I am short - 5'2". And I am very small boned. I am so tired of carrying all this weight around. I will be 58 in June and feel like I am 80 some days.

So far my journey has been pretty easy, but I am afraid one day I will wake up and eat everything in sight, like the old days. I really want this to work.

I am just three weeks out and not really having much hunger but I do think a lot about food and variety. I guess that is the "head hunger" I have read about. Each day seems to be worse in thinking about food, but I can't eat much, so that is my salvation.

I go in Tuesday next week to talk about and maybe get a fill. How do you know if you need one?

I also have a question for everyone - do you think age has anything to do with whether or not you tell people you are being banded? I have told everyone and am not really too concerned about their opinions or who thinks it is a bad idea. I made up my mind for me and no one is going to sway me too much. Of couse the important people in my life are very supportive (I think they know they better be, LOL). I wonder if this is because I am older and not so invested in what others think or if it is just my personality style? Seems like I have read a lot of posts from folks who don't tell anyone for fear people won't be supportive of them and most of these seem to be younger people. They also talk about people trying to push food on them - no one does that to me. What do you think?

Debra, well I'm not to much younger, but I told the people I wanted to know. If someone comes right out and asks I tell them. I haven't been to shy about it and I make sure to tell people that the band is just a tool. I have to watch what I eat, how I eat and it is up to me to do the work. I have had people tell me I don't eat enough or don't eat. It's all about educating them on the way of my life now.

You are doing great, keep it up. I did the same thing you did read all the posts and then joined in. These ladies gave me the education and support I needed and still need to be successful.

Laura K

Jodi, my e-mail is cherifl@comcast.net. I'd love to talk to you about some of the frustrations of teaching where I teach. Cultural differences are incredibly frustrating to deal with and few understand. The problems are so complex in their origins and so systemic that sometimes I feel hopeless. But I keep working one child at a time to empower them to beat the system, sometimes their own culture, sometimes white racism, sometimes government inadequacy or over-regulation, etc. But I appreciate your support.

Cheri

Linda,

You are right - I am short - 5'2". And I am very small boned. I am so tired of carrying all this weight around. I will be 58 in June and feel like I am 80 some days.

So far my journey has been pretty easy, but I am afraid one day I will wake up and eat everything in sight, like the old days. I really want this to work.

I am just three weeks out and not really having much hunger but I do think a lot about food and variety. I guess that is the "head hunger" I have read about. Each day seems to be worse in thinking about food, but I can't eat much, so that is my salvation.

I go in Tuesday next week to talk about and maybe get a fill. How do you know if you need one?

I also have a question for everyone - do you think age has anything to do with whether or not you tell people you are being banded? I have told everyone and am not really too concerned about their opinions or who thinks it is a bad idea. I made up my mind for me and no one is going to sway me too much. Of couse the important people in my life are very supportive (I think they know they better be, LOL). I wonder if this is because I am older and not so invested in what others think or if it is just my personality style? Seems like I have read a lot of posts from folks who don't tell anyone for fear people won't be supportive of them and most of these seem to be younger people. They also talk about people trying to push food on them - no one does that to me. What do you think?

Debra...on your fill question. We are all so different in what we require and how many fills it takes to get to that "sweet spot". My doc required a six week wait b/4 getting that first fill. Wanted swelling and healing to take place. I have only had 2 fills. One about 2 months after surgery and the other about 2 months later. Some on this thread have had many. I guess the further out you get in this process, the better you will be able to judge for yourself.

When you go to see your doc, visit with him on if you have hunger and how long after your meals you are feeling that hunger.

I never have held back on letting ppl know about having lapband surgery. If they ask what method I have used to lose, I tell them. The willingness to share this information just might have something to do with age or maybe just not really basing things on what ppl think. As you stated, you did this for you and your health and I had feeling similar to that.