Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey guys! Good grief! Peace! I'm rolling my eyes (just a little). I like posting about our daily lives. I love the connections we've made. I'm happy to hear about plans for the trip and all the excitement and anticipation. I'm also so sad for those who couldn't go at the last minute.

I'm just responding to a suggestion by a newbie to this thread and trying to see things from her viewpoint. Trying to jump in in the midst of all the planning and trying to find parts of posts that aren't details about the trip is a little overwhelming. I've noticed that the people not attending haven't been posting as much. I'm a problem solving people pleaser so I suggested a compromise. So shoot me!

I'll just nurse my wounds while all of you who made it to Florida have a great time. I can pack some of this foot of snow we have on the wounds to stop the bleeding. LOL.

Good news! I had a skittle and chocolate free day (so far).

Yesterday, I had a second-grader that I was teaching how to read and I was making up funny little rhymes to connect similar words for her when she looked up and asked me, "Mrs. Flory, did someone teach you how to teach like that?"

Made me feel so good.

Hey Jewel! Wait till you can look down and see your feet without having to bend over! That's an NSV (non-scale victory, or no small victory).

Duluth or Apple's summer place sound great. Fall would not work for me. Only summer. Or between Christmas and over New Years. Unless I have no job next fall which seems less and less likely to happen. My school is doing so much better. And I don't think they're going to be changing my NCLB program and putting it in the hands of a private vendor. So, I'm relaxing a little on that score.

Those of you in Florida have a great time and stay safe.

Cheri

Hi all, yes, we want photos!! So hop to it girls in Florida!!!! Get busy with those digital cameras!!! Hope all is well -- I'm so jealous, but like Lori, I probably wouldn't have made it either as I usually am routed through Dallas or Atlanta - so it was just as well!! Just wish we could get together more often! Love to you all-- take care and have a great time to all in Florida! Linda

ok guys... we just heard from Eva and Janet. Their flight from Dallas to Orlando got canceled, so they will get here via a flight to Ft. Meyers and drive 2.5 hours! OMW, we feel special!!! Apples will have a stiff one waiting for them!!! They won't get in until the wee hours! We are chit chatting... and missing everyone and thinking of you all! The pics will have to wait until tomorrow. HUGS... laura, julie and karen.

Oh no, you mean the flight that they got rebooked on because the original one cancelled, it cancelled too? What a whirlwind of a trip this is going to be for them. Janet mentioned checking her bag, I hope it finds her.

I tried to keep busy to keep my mind of not being there. I went to lunch with a friend, shopping (bought a tshirt) and a chick flight tonight.

Have a great time shopping or whatever you do tomorrow. So is Apples cooking? :scared2:

Linda, I'd love a more often get together, that way there'd be more of a chance of making one and if I can't not having to wait a whole year. But cost and location would be a factor too. I'm just concerned some place like Duluth would be more costly and difficult to get to than some place like Vegas with lots of lodging & flight options. But I will make an attempt at anywhere.

Well....I hope that everyone is where everyone needs to be this weekend or at least on the way!!! Have fun in the sun....and havea great time....enjoy everyone!

So...Today....I got my clearance from the sleep doctor.

He said hes pretty confident that ive been using the CPAP machine correctly...as he watched how I put it together in his office to demonstrate.

I felt like I was being tested putting together this machine...like I was being timed for precision and confidence lol. In the end...he laughed and said...I really didnt need to see this demonstration but you were so set on showing me you are using it properly..that I let you he said,

"I just needed the information of the calibration of the machine thats why I asked you to bring it". hmmm. did he think he was funny?? lol ( I took that whole machine apart and cleaned it etc etc) Just as well...he gave me clearance three weeks early....

meaning:

I get to have surgery...when there is a cancelation...between now and March 15th when my surgery date was rescheduled from Feb 8th. Now it could have been the end of Feb...but go know.....he said he wanted 5 to 6 weeks...so I changed it for 6 weeks.

so now, I wait for a date..either March 1st or2nd or 8th or 9th. If there is none....then Ill have it March 15th....Id hate to have it then however, Dassis bday is the 16th and I would hate to be in the hospital on her bday as ill need to stay overnight. boo hoo. I would go next week if I could bu they still need to get insuarance clearance and that takes up to two weeks..with Oxford. so I wait..patiently. not!!

I did go tonight to the support group that my center has once monthly. That was fun...met lots of great recent bandsters and want to be bandsters. We talked about some concerns and how and why people are banding....etc etc.. The surgeon was there to answer all questions that was nice....it was pretty far out so...I wont be going again as I needed to have a babysitter and that cost alot....as it took all in all a few hours...

well....Thank god...there is school and work tomorrow..If I have to cook, bake and organize one more closet ill kill myself....Dassi had some friends over for the day and they at least had a blast in the snow again for the second day in a row. To think...that there is another day off on Monday?? Feels like another week vacation unplanned.

Okay...again..hope all who went to FL have arrived safely and are enjoying finially meeting!!

Have fun...and um stay out of trouble! lol

Jodi

Lori, I know what you mean, these smaller airports (like Des Moines and Duluth) are usually much more expensive to travel to and from than the larger airports. We'll have to figure it out -- good thing about Vegas is it's cheap for everyone to fly there (usually) and it's a big city now -- I lived there for two years and I've never ever run into anyone I knew then when I've visited (probably 25 times or more since I lived there). We'll have to wait and see what the situation is when we plan. Hope Janet and Eva made it to Ft. Myers (where my mom lived for 30 years) and they have a safe drive up to Orlando. I can't figure out why a flight would leave Dallas for Ft. Myers yet be canceled for Orlando -- should be an interesting story. Gotta get some sleep I'll check in in the morning. Linda

Jodi, congrats on the clearance -- hope you can get surgery sooner rather than later!! Linda

ok... i just walked over to julie and apples condo to see if the other girls are here... nothing yet! Their flight was 172 min late according to flight stats, but we haven't heard from them. They likely didn't want to wake us and now we dont want to wake them! Guess they stayed somewhere near Ft Meyers for the night. We are all having coffee and waking up. Nelson is watching cartoons. It's cold and overcast today. 50s. Supposed to rain. : ( Not sure what the plan is today- wait for the girls and then visit. The place we are staying in is PACKED. It's race weekend (Daytona 500 on Sunday) so they are sold out. It was a little noisy last night but otherwise very nice.

Lori, glad you were able to keep busy. We miss you (and everyone) sooooooooooooo much!

hugs, laura, julie, apples, and nelson

Okay gals, I need to vent and come clean some. I am really struggling and amazingly it's not with my weight, it's holding steady. But I am just feeling so overwhelmed right now and having to cancel FL has just been like the last straw. A few of the things going on are: are we moving or not moving? that's been hanging over our heads since before Christmas. Is my daughter going through with her wedding or not? My grandma I am doing most of the shopping, doctors, RX, banking, taxes, etc. and then my mom who lives in FL starts telling me what to do and not to do in regards to that and seems I can never do anything right and it's driving me nuts, thenshe can move here and do it herself! My son at 26 is living like he's 16 and doesn't follow through on anything. I lost my job, I may or may not have a new one that changes daily and if I get it do I take it because am I moving or not?? DH has been out of town so much just this week he was in Atlanta Mon - Wed. got home 7pm Wed. and left 6am yesterday for Seattle. He's home today and has to meet with the d/a to go over his testimoney in his carjacking case which goes to trial in a week or so. I just really needed this weekend to get away. I have Isreal coming up in 2 weeks maybe that will help. On the positive side, I am not eating my way through this. On the negative some of my old, I'm not worthy, I'm not good enough thoughts are creeping back into my head. Even retail therapy didn't help much yesterday as nothing i liked was on sale, in my size or fit if it was. CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!

Okay I am feeling a little better for having vented. DD just came up on her way out and said they were probably going through with the wedding. So maybe that's one thing off my list.

Laura, thanks for the updates from FL it helps to make me feel part of it. I wish I was there to meet everyone, if you are all as sweet, friendly and caring as Apples you are a very lucky group! When is the next one?? LOL Poor Janet and Eva.

Jodi, Congrats! here's hoping for an earlier date!!!

wow, I am joining this party late...Hi, my name is

Cindy and I have been banded 19 months. I see a few other July '08 bandsters here. I am currently off today because, even though I live in southern Louisiana we are having a SNOW DAY!!! I am sorry many of you are experiencing problems with your flights. Jeez, who would've thought there would be this many problems right now? Of course, as they keep reminding us down here "the Saints did when the Super Bowl, so why do we keep forgetting that Hell has frozen over?!" I hope that y'all have a wonderful time at your get together, even though it is chilly there too, it seems that the company will be great:thumbup:.

Welcome Cindy and congrats to you on your Saints Super Bowl Victory! Hope you'll tell us a little more about yourself and stick around. We are always glad to have a new poster in here -- the more the merrier. Congrats on your weight loss - you've done great! As you can see, some of our members are meeting this weekend. I'm one of the unlucky ones that couldn't go due to my having hip replacement surgery in December (had to use all my vacation/personal time for that). But for sure I'll be attending the next one, with bells on!! LOL.

Lori, vent away. I understand how you feel completely -- just too many unknowns, you're probably like me and want to feel IN CONTROL and you can't -- cause nothing right now is in your control. Just try to let go and let it all be if you can -- much easier said than done however. Your family could be so helpful, but instead they burden you with all the work and make so many demands on you -- I'm almost hoping you do move away just so they can FINALLY realize how much you do for your DGM. Of course, they will probably never tell you that, but at least YOU will KNOW they have to miss you. Glad DD is making a decision -- that should help -- now you can breathe a little and at least get excited about the wedding. Your trip should help too -- have you been there before? I can't remember if you said you've been there before. I've never been there -- so I'll be anxious to hear all about your trip and see photos. I don't have you as a friend on FB -- my name is Linda Vilcone -- there's only a few (total of 12 and we're all related) Vilcones in the world so I'm easy to find on FB. If you have a FB account, I'd love for you to add me as your friend, likewise for anyone here reading this.

Wish the girls would update us again -- I'm worrying cause that's what I do - I'm a worrier. I just want them all to have a great time and hope they are together by now and enjoying it all.

Well, I'll CBL - at work, so have to watch my time on here. We had free 15 min. massages here today for Valentine's Day/Pres. Day treat. Told you all I work for a FABULOUS company! It just keeps getting better every year. Had mine already and so I'm very relaxed. LOL.

Linda

judy, hope you have a safe and fun time with the girls!! Give them each a hug from me!! Linda

wow, I am joining this party late...Hi, my name is

Cindy and I have been banded 19 months. I see a few other July '08 bandsters here. I am currently off today because, even though I live in southern Louisiana we are having a SNOW DAY!!! I am sorry many of you are experiencing problems with your flights. Jeez, who would've thought there would be this many problems right now? Of course, as they keep reminding us down here "the Saints did when the Super Bowl, so why do we keep forgetting that Hell has frozen over?!" I hope that y'all have a wonderful time at your get together, even though it is chilly there too, it seems that the company will be great:thumbup:.

Hey Girl, where have you been. We haven't seen you on July Butterflies or did you go today. Anyway, glad to hear from you. Congrats on the Saints even though I was for the Colts.....both are awesome teams. Now, it is the Texans turn next year.

Jump on in and vent!

Lori, I hope you get to feeling better. Everything will fall in place. You just have a lot on your plate right now. We are here for you.

I hope Laura posts soon. I want to hear the girls made it to the condo.