Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

OK Florida gals, I want to hear about all the purchases and hopefully see pics of them!!! It is 520pm here so that means 720 in FL so you must all be at the Moonfish restaurant. Am thinking of you!!

Today DH & I took a drive up to the mountains to Rocky Mtn National park, I was curious how it looked in the winter. Surprisingly there wasn't that much snow though it was snowing. We saw 2 huge bull elk, one was missing half his antlers though from a fight it broke off. Then we saw a huge herd of over 200 females and spike males but that was all. There's thousands in the park so not sure where they were hiding. Also saw a coyote. Then we came home the long way through Loveland andwent to On The Border for lunch. I love their nachos and there isn't one close to us, thankfully. I only had about a third of the nachos though. DH saw there was an Ann Taylor Loft in the shopping center and offered to stop for me. AHHHH what a guy. Then he liked the suitcase I bought last week for FL so much we stopped at costco for another one and I got to pick out roses for Valentines day. LOL

Jewel, glad you were so inspired by the gals in FL, sounds like a great time. Great new pic of you too!!

Deb, congrats on the 6 lbs!!

Snifffffffffffff... both because of my allergies and b/c I am crying! I just said goodbye to the girls. Janet was my first long hug goodbye. What truly an honor it was to meet all of you guys. You have helped me with the lapband journey and you have helped me in life. (this is not to just the FL group- this is ALL of you on this thread!) I really don't think I would be where I am today without the support from this group of friends. Thank you.

I promise to catch up on the threads when I get home tomorrow. I saw some new names... someone had a bday and reached onederland! WTG! Jewel- good to see you! and we so enjoyed meeting you!!! Congrats on the new clothes and you look terrific! What a difference in your before and after photo. I need to go to bed guys but promise to post photos tomorrow.

peasout.. sleep well. Laura

Love you girls and miss being on here everyday!

I hope you had an awesome time in Florida! I cannot wait to hear all about it and see pics!

I closed on my house on Friday and we are redecorating and moving stuff today. Good thing we don't have to be out of the apartment until the 1st!

CBL.

Love you!

Meredith

Congrats Meridith on your house closing. I know how great you must feel to finally have it done.

:heart:Happy Valentine's Day!!!:smile:

I just got home after that wonderful trip to Orlando. Here are some of the pics from the weekend. I am already looking forward to the next one!!! Thanks to everyone for making it such a nice weekend. My DH and Nels enjoyed meeting everyone too!

peasout... Laura

#1 Group Pic

#2 Girls at the Outlet Mall

#3 All ready to go out to dinner

Love the pictures!! One thing wrong with them though. I'm not in them!!! :angry: Looks like a great time had by all even Eva's husband was looking like he was having a great time with all those women!

Meredith, congrats on being a homeowner now!! If you had to do it all over again, would you do a short sale? If we end up doing our move there were so many short sale homes and apparantly good deals but I've heard how difficult those are to do.

Hope the gals flying home today are having much better luck than the flights down to FL.

wow, I am joining this party late...Hi, my name is

Cindy and I have been banded 19 months. I see a few other July '08 bandsters here. I am currently off today because, even though I live in southern Louisiana we are having a SNOW DAY!!! I am sorry many of you are experiencing problems with your flights. Jeez, who would've thought there would be this many problems right now? Of course, as they keep reminding us down here "the Saints did when the Super Bowl, so why do we keep forgetting that Hell has frozen over?!" I hope that y'all have a wonderful time at your get together, even though it is chilly there too, it seems that the company will be great:thumbup:.

Glad to see you on this board too

Hello everyone....yes, we finally made it. Here's a picture of the group of us.

So you are looking at Judy, Laura, Apples, Janet, Julie, Eva, and Jessica.

Now I need to go take a shower.....I'm sure the rest of them will appreciate it!!

Later

Eva

All the pics are great I am glad you had fun. I can't wait till I meet you guys on the next trip.

I hope you had an awesome time in Florida! I cannot wait to hear all about it and see pics!

I closed on my house on Friday and we are redecorating and moving stuff today. Good thing we don't have to be out of the apartment until the 1st!

CBL.

Love you!

Meredith

I am glad your house closed and everything is doing great.

OK Florida gals, I want to hear about all the purchases and hopefully see pics of them!!!

Great~ You were so missed! I got a Coach Tote. (see attached pic)

Laura, great on snagging a coach.

Take care all.

Laura K

LauraK~ Thanks! It's the first one I ever bought myself. Got one for my 30th bday, one for my 40th birthday (both from my mom) and now this one for my one year bandiversary (will be on March 2).

CBL.

Love you!

Meredith

Meredith~ :hurray: HORRAY! Congrats you your new home! What a big life event. I am so happy for you! May you live a long and healthy life in your new home. xoxo

I have enjoyed reading all the posts about the Florida trip and seeing your group picture. I hope you are having a great time and enjoying each others company!

I would like to join your group. It is so refreshing to see friendly posts about everyone’s life and how weight loss fits into it. I would like to share a big moment for me - drum roll please ……… I am finally in onederland! Yep, that’s right, it happened this morning. It is also my birthday today; this is the best birthday present EVER. I will be spending the day with family celebrating. :lol:

Best wishes on the remainder of your trip.

sndycnrd~ Thanks for your kind words about our trip. AND WTG!!!! Congrats on onederland and Happy Birthday!:angry:

It sounds like y'all are having a blast. Are you going to that incredibly fantastic outlet on International that has the really nice stores?! I LOVE THAT THING! We went during Thanksgiving. Have fun shopping!!

Hi crzy~ It's off of Lake Buena Vista Rd. (which is near Intl I think)- I think it is the same. They have great stores. Thanks for thinking of us. : )

Still wish I could have been there -- You guys continue to have fun - can't wait to hear all the stories -- comparing port scars?? Oh my!! That's weird -- cause mine was itching last night -- maybe it knew and felt left out! Linda

Linda~ We missed you too! We thought of everyone and even toasted those not there. :) Too funny that your scar was itching! LOL

It was so wonderful to meet people that have the band and at all different stages. What an encouragement they were to me. Everyone's working the band but we have all tailored our life to what works best for us. I think it was great for my husband to hear some of what we were talking about. ...I wish I could have stayed longer but I will treasure the time we had.

J~ We really enjoyed meeting you as well! Your DH is a sweetie. So glad you made it!!! It was an inspiration as well for me to meet people working their bands. HUGS.

LadyKcusa/Joyce~ Nice meeting you. I don't remember your name, but I haven't been on this thread as long as some.

Everyone else~ Hello, hugs and Happy VD day! LOL. Time to go enjoy being home with my boys. Gotta unpack and put things away. TTYL....peasout... Laura

You guys look so great. Thanks for posting the pictures. what wonderful memories.

OK...fly by...hope you all had a great trip home. Having a Valentine's campfire and cookout and have a number of guests so no time to post. Will catch up with you all in the morning. Wonderful time with everyone and wish all of you that wanted to be with us and could not, you were missed and it was a disappointment that you were not there. It was just wonderful meeting everyone face to face and I want to thank you girls for the wonderful time and all your contributions.

Will talk in the morning...just cannot do it now. Had a lawn full and cabin full of ppl when I drove in and time to go burn a marshmallow or two...

Hope EVERYONE had a great weekend... Welcome to our new friends that have posted.

I'm home !!!!

Deb Congrats on your Six lbs - Sandy Congrats on Onderland and Happy Bday - Cindy Welcome !!! Jodi can't wait til you get your date !!! Charlene - you are going to make it next yr too...

OMG what a freak freak freak GREAT GREAT GREAT time we had - I am crying right now ... I hate that we are so spread apart !!!

Yes we had an experience of a life time getting to our reunion - I was up at 3 a.m. on Thrusday (after going to bed after midnite) - Met Eva at DFW - had lunch walked around then our 8 p.m. flight wasn't showing up on the boards - do I called to see if the 8 p.m. flight was cancelled it was - and Lori - don't know why we could get to ft meyers and not orlando - the ticket girl was great - they only had 1 seat available - we said we wouldn't fly without each other - she put us both on stand by and got us on the plane - Thanks Robin (that was her name;0)

Got on plane at 6 - plane didn't take off till 11 p.m (de-icing) got to Ft Meyers at 1 a.m. - rented a car - got to hotel at 2 - hell didn't get to sleep until after 4 a.m. up at 8:40 and on the road by 9:30 - Any Yes Phyl I ck'd my bag - no clothes or make up..

Got to the resort about 12:45 - and yes I didn't recongize Jessica - I thought she was Julie's Daughter - OMG she looks so great !!! Those 25 lbs has made such a big diff..

Apples had us set up !!!! Laura was our taxi driver taking me and Eva to airport to get our luggage (thank God it was there) then picking up Eva's DH Driving us to Mall

Lori - got 1 coach purse ;0) and a top from Jcrew (Coral) and night gown from Jockey... Hugs Hugs Hugs on not being able to get there - I was so lucky to have Eva w/me - hell had I been there by myself with the 8 p.m. cancellation I wouldn't have known what to do - Now I do - I learn something this weekend..

OMG Nelson was such a good little boy - and so thoughtful - Laura you have done such a great job !!!!

Karen really is the hostest with the mostest - Thantks Again Karen..

Julie - I just loved meeting you and was so sad to leave this morning... I wish I could just pop over and have a glass of ice tea with you on the weekends. Remember your promise/goal for next year ;0)

Judy - GF loved meeting you - you are just so perky and full of pep !!!! Hope you made it home safely !!! Keep up the good work !!!

Eva - hope you and DH have a great time the rest of the weekend and he is everything you said he was - he was a doll and so funny - And GF I am honored that you got up so early this morning (girls Eva is not a morning person) so that you could sit and chat before I left..

Karen - Thanks again for taking me to the airport and putting this all together - I so very much enjoyed our chats and times together this weekend - You are just so easy going !! Thanks again for all the wonderful food you provided !!!

Laura - Again- Thanks again for all that you did - I just loved your DH & Nelson - You are a very very special person - I got a little sis - I never had one and I love it. Thanks again for your generosity - Remember next time I get a dance lol

You guys our time together was the best - and I am crying again - knowing it will be awhile until I see you all again - Like I said - I sure do wish that on the weekends we could just pop over to each others house and visit -

I just don't have the word to convey how en-creditably thankful that I am to have you all as my family.. I enjoyed this weekend so very much..

Well gang I am going to post my pic's later - it' 4:36 here and I am a little pooped - slept alittle from orlando to Dallas - but then talked to a guy from Canada the whole trip from DFW to Palm Springs (though he would be great for you Judy - Jewish and nice guy ;0)

I am going to go eat and watch a little t.v. - I will cbl

xoxoxo to all of you -

Gosh now I am sitting here crying again because I didn't make it. Glad it was such a wonderful time. When's the next one??

Janet, the reason a flight could go to Ft Myers and not Orlando was just the luck of the draw and what American chose to cancel. When the weather gets bad airlines have to thin flights, the airports can't handle as many take offs and landings. They try to balance what they cancel and it all depends on what crews they have to fly them and where the airplane is needed next and what will affect ultimately the least (hopefully) number of people, also how much flying time the crews have left before they time out in a day. Hope that makes sense. DH gets calls all the time here at home when the weather is really bad from his operations people in ATL saying he has to thin flights and what would he like to do, etc. Also if they plane got delayed earlier in the day or stranded somewhere it may not have been available for your flight in DFW.