Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

And, I should add...until I get out there and really look for a job and get my feet wet in the working world again, I really shouldn't complain. After we get back from our vacation I am going to do something about it.

Great...thanks for sharing that site. I have my stores picked out:

Ann Taylor

Banana Republic

Book Warehouse

Chicos

Coldwater Creek

Eddie Bauer

Gap

J. Crew

Jones New York

Journeys

Kenneth Cole

Nine West

Ralph Lauren

Samsonite

Zales

If I took off now, I could be the first customer in the door tomorrow morning!

Apples you got to start 501 too! But I ended 500. LOL

Nope I just meant an outlet for you so you didn't feel like you were just cooking and serving all the time.

Apples you got to start 501 too! But I ended 500. LOL

Nope I just meant an outlet for you so you didn't feel like you were just cooking and serving all the time.

Just checking to see if you were on your toes!:thumbup:

Lori.......call your dr and get a low dose of ambien.....I'm just saying.....works for me

food change for the night. Roast 4 oz Sandwich thin toasted. Veggie.

OMW you are all cracking me up..

Great my Aunt had that kind of chair - she lived in it..

Well there's an outlet real close to where we are going to be in FL - I don't remember the stores - I do remember they don't have a Coach though :0)...

Yep Charlene - the Sheriff & Posse are back in town and will want a report of your meals - an no lying !!!!! You have to be accontable :0) OK..

Ok I have gym tonite - ugh - I am a little pooped again - just had some french pressed coffee hope it kick's in

food today

BF - Yogurt 80 Cal + 1/2 orange 50 = 130 cal

lunch - Ck & Squash 1 pot - 200 cal

snack - 1/4 c peanuts = 160 cal

490 so far...

---------------------------------------

dinner will be fish - butternut squash (no rice) 300 cal

Snack popcorn 100 - pudding 120

So approx total if I follow my menu above will be 1010

I guess my lack of food intake yesterday paid off. I was down a whole 2 more pounds this morning. Making a total of 20 pounds. Felt good after having such a tough day yesterday. I even managed to get some food in me today. Half an egg for Breakfast and chicken for lunch and dinner. Don't have room for anything else but Protein. I guess yesterday I ate too much too fast. I ate really slow today waiting for the full signal. I never got it at dinner but didn't want to push it. I did feel some gas pain though so I just stopped and took some tylenol.

School has got me really busy I am taking 3 classes and will be on campus 4 days a week. I have a ton of reading to do already. I hate the feeling of being behind. The people in my classes also seem more serious about school than last semester. More competition for the nursing program.

I hope everyone is doing well. I really do apreciate all your support. I can't wait to meet most of you in Feb.

Nope Arlene, I rarely ever have a hard time sleeping, that's what's so weird about it. Dh laughs at me as I am out within 5 min of my head hitting that pillow. I think I let my job situation bother me too much and it's weird as I really didn't care. LOL Also, the possiblity of our move.

I got my Coach coupon printed for my outlet trip on Sat.

Jewel, slow and steady on the chewing. How are you having chicken on the mushy stage? Are you blending it?

Hi everyone. Had hair appt. last night - needed to get my gray roots covered I made the appt. for evening cause I thought I was going back to work sooner. Will definitely go back next week -- see surgeon for follow up on Monday.

I taped Biggest Loser and watched Idol and then watched Biggest Loser later -- irritates me when two favorite shows are on at same time. Thank goodness for DVD and Tivo. Poor DH has to put up with my reality tv but he watches too usually. I was shocked that I actually enjoyed Victoria Beckman - I thought I'd hate her -- she was actually a quite pleasant judge. I think I like her better than Kara. I agree, I think AI will do downhill when Simon leaves, I really do like Simon -- I almost always agree with him. Not sure if I will like Ellen on there as a judge - have to wait and see. Frankly, I was sick of Paula so not really missing her. Never was much of a fan of hers.

Had lunch with friends today - it was 45!! DH got the Christmas lights/decorations down from outside - thank goodness it warmed up enough - I'm so glad he waited and didn't try to do it when it was so cold. Had a nice long afternoon, then stopped at another friend's house and saw her new addition on her home -- had coffee with her Got home around 5:00.

Spent the morning exercising -- 120 mins. of walking/jogging/walking with weights. I am glad I got some new tapes so I can mix it up a little and I'm hoping using the weights will help kick start a new weight loss for me. I've kicked up the exercise in hopes the scale will move down a little by next week.

Jessica, I'm really surprised your surgeon is moving so quickly on the foods -- be careful -- my doctor didn't clear us for soft foods for a long time after surgery -- it was 1 week of Clear Liquids, 2 weeks full liquids, 2 weeks pureed food, then soft foods -- so altogether almost six weeks -- I'd just be extremely careful. I've been "stuck" a few times but so far (knock on wood) I've never had the "sliming" people talk about - I've been very lucky. I would just be super careful. I don't know why some surgeons are in such a rush to get you to eat soft foods. It seems to me that our bands would benefit from healing longer at first, at least in MHO.

Welcome to all the other newbies.

Julie glad to hear you're sleeping better. Lori, I had some trouble sleeping well since surgery also -- finally this week feel like I'm sleeping better. It's going to be hard to get up at 5 next week -- I'm going to have to set my alarm starting tomorrow to get used to it. I really wish I could stay home from work until Spring! Ugh.

Laura, hope your dad starts to feel a little bit better soon, at least well enough to talk on the phone. It's a hard time for all of you, keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Apples, I think it was smart to cancel one of the condos -- I thought at the beginning two would be enough - heck we usually have at least 6 in a two bedroom condo for vacations -- and sometimes as many as 8 -- it's more fun the more the merrier usually.

CBL. Linda

Edited by ljv52

Great...do you think that your not sleeping could be a build-up from the pain medications? I had leg problems after my second pregnancy...very painful and on pain meds for awhile. After awhile it made me very jittery and I had a lot of trouble sleeping. Just a thought. Laura? Phyll? Any thoughts?

Evening........ Apples, I agree about the condo... Good idea.... Do you need us to send you any money yet??? I sure can if it would be easier for you......

I e-mailed Meredith today and she answered.... is fine, very busy, and has a very ill relative.... She says she will try to check in tonight sometime.... At least we know she is okay.....

Apples and Great...... You are both lucky that you lost all this weight now before you become grandmothers because let me tell you trailing a 2 year old at56 and 387 pounds was dang near impossible and 108 pounds later it is still tough..... It definitely has its perks, though..... Hugs and kisses from your own grandbaby are the best of all......

Sorry some of you have been having sleep issues.. I know what that is all about....... mine is better and I hope yours will be soon..... My shoulder is bothering me tonight and this is an odd time for it... It's usually much later when it starts to hurt.... May take my pain pill earlier tonight....

We had a wonderful day today.. DH took Mimi out to play in the snow and ride uptown in the wagon.... She had a blast...... No snow in the forecast and 30ish temps for the next few days... I like this unless it starts to rain... That is the worst of all.... ice.........

Arlene, hang in there... things will be better soon....

Time to get supper and try to relax a bit... Had my brother, mother, and a friend here for lunch today so DH settled for leftovers..... Makes me happy....

TTYL...............Julie

Hi im Tammy and I am glad to have found sum support. I hope it is not too late to join in your group. I was banded march 14 2008 and lost 74ils but I was working out 5 days a week and 2 hrs a day. it was too much workout and I was not gettng filled because of the rapid weight loss. I had no energy so i stopped working out and my doctor would not filled me on a regular. so now im with a new dictor I just got unfilled because of the bad acid reflux,

I am totally depressed because I have not lost weight in 8months, its because I am eating all the wrong foods and dont have the motivation. so 2 weeks ago I recommitted but it has been the hardest thing to do. I dont really think i need a fill because I do not want to be too tight.

today was not a good day. I cried because I started out with fat free yougurt and a 1/4 granola then 1 hour later a turkey sandwich on brownberry bread(havent ate bread in about 6 months) then i ate sum caramel popcorn and crackers. I wasnt hungry but emotionally ate because of issues with hubby. I did go to the gym and work out for an hour. havent been there in about 4 months.

I said all of that too say I need help. I want to be a size 12. I am a 20 now was a 26/28. can you help:frown:

Girls! I am alive!

I've had so much going on lately. Pretty much I've been on the brink of tears for the past two weeks at any given moment. My grandma is extremely ill and 2 of my 3 aunts are treating her horribly. When I say horrible, what i mean is evil. It's so sad and just breaks my heart. School started again and is just running me ragged all ready. I'm burned out and have "senioritis" to the max. May cannot come soon enough.

I just feel like if I log on and tell you all of this I will sound like such a Debbie Downer. But, you girls sure do make me feel better and it is important for me to post to keep me accountable. I think that it will be easier for me to check in and post now that I'm back on a schedule. It really takes a solid schedule for me to keep on track with everything, weight loss, money management, everything! So, I know I've said this before, but I'm back now for real! I've missed all of you so much.

Ok, now for some bad news. I cannot make it to Florida next month. My best friend is having a baby in April and I am helping throw her a baby shower. Her mother decided that the date should be at the end of Feb, so we are having it the last weekend in Feb. There is just no way I can miss this much work. I already went to Cali in November, NYC in December, it is just not possible. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you. I cannot just convey to you how upset I am about this. Is there any chance we will be able to meet again in the future? I'm so sad:frown: I think that this is also why I've felt bad about checking in with you guys. I was so looking forward to this and now I have to back out. I just hope all of you will understand.

There is good news though. I am losing weight again and it feels good. One more day and I will update my ticker.

Well. I have to get back to math homework. Ugh. My worst hated. I hope that all of you are doing well. I didn't have time to read today, but I am catching up. I feel like I'm almost caught up and then you gals type a bizzillion pages in one day!

Love you all!

Meredith