Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Sounds normal to me, Dee. Pretty typical for any bandster to be tighter in the morning. I guess being out so many months, I have just acepted this tightening as part of my normal life.

I have always been a Breakfast eater and believe that breakfast revs up the metabolism each day. Just eat what you can. I have never had Protein Drinks but oatmeal and Protein Bars work well for me in the morning.

Hi everyone

Got my decorations up finally. We had some terrible rainy weather last night. I am glad it has passed today.

Can any of you experienced banders answer a question? Why is the band tighter in the morning then in the evenings? I can barely consume a Protein Shake in the morning but by the afternoon I can eat much more. Is this normal?

My band is tight in the morning. If I don't eat something it is even tighter by lunch. So, I eat a bowl of hot Cereal. That helps me.

Hello everyone,

I am in physics class right now, and it gets so boring during the three hours that the instructor lectures. So, I decided to check in on all of my gals!

Janet~ I've been meaning to mention to you how handsome your DGS is! I mean, really good looking! He should model or something. I'm with you on the fudge, plain or with nuts. Delish!

Apples~ Your baby is just beautiful. I love doggies! I don't have one right now because we are in the apartment, but as soon as this house business is completed, I want one! My sis has 2 doggies that I brought back with me from Cali. They are staying at my parents house until she gets home and decides what the hell she is doing.

Laura~ Hey girl, take this time to focus on your fam. Ya, of course your weight loss is important, but you have the tool and it will come when you are less stressed out and can focus on yourself some more. I always try to explain to everyone that having this band and losing weight is just like having another job! It is a lot of work to figure out what we are doing. Plus, encorporating exercise is huge! Also, while I'm talking about exercise, I was wondering if you (since you live in Florida) and everyone else want to do the Disney princess half marathon next March? So, that would be March of 2011. I'm asking now so we can all prepare and sign up early. Let me know! I do continue to pray for you and your fam. I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this. I could not even imagine. Especially since you are a great distance away geographically. <HUGS>

Linda~ Oh man! I hope that it is not shingles either! I would hate to see anything postpone your operation. I know that you are totally prepared to get the show on the road! Let us know whats going on as soon as you find out!

Cheri~ We would love to see a new pic of you on here! I'll bet that you look a lot different now.

Oct~ Hope you had a great time at your sisters house for dinner!

Ok, well I better get back to paying attention! I get my slight unfill tomorrow morning at 11:30. I just want to be able to eat lettuce again! I love it and with the band being so tight, I couldn't eat it at all. Instead of dessert, i would rather have a salad!

CBL, Meredith

you guys need to stop talking about fudge ; 0

Thank GOD I don't have any of the ingredients you listed Apples, otherwise we would be in trouble!

No Kidding!

Goodness gracious it was good but almost too rich. Nelson helped decorate it and made it a John Deere theme cake..LOL with yellow and green sprinkles. The photos don't do it justice. Nels put so many sprinkles you can hardly see the PAPA HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Ganache with yellow and green sprinkles. That's as bad as fudge.

Found the PERFECT gift to give someone that has everything. It's a mug from Starbucks that comes with a ceramic pen. You can personalize it (we had everyone sign it and write a little something), then you bake it and it makes it permanent. My Dad just loved it and mom says he is using it every morning.

Starbucks White Celebration Mug at StarbucksStore.com

Sounds fun.

Hugs and thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. You guys rock.

We love you!

Hi everyone. I've had a busy couple of days. Got my tree and all decorating done Sat./Sunday -- it's always a two day project - have lots and lots of decorations. Needed to get it done before surgery. Went to work Monday, but around 4 or so got terrible chills - I was so cold, I turn my floor heater on but still was shivering. Temp on the thermostat said 78 and I had on a long sleeved sweater with a long sleeved jacket -- no way I should have been cold. Had terrible body aches - finally got home and went to bed still shivering - I was nervous I was having kidney problems again cause that's how I felt during my kidney failure last year. No temp though. After a couple of hours under tons of blankets I warmed up enough to come upstairs and eat a little dinner. Had terrible pain all over - like the flu -- but I had a flu shot. Yesterday morning I got up and had a rash on the bottom of my left leg - very bright red -- and painful on the one side -- I had DH rub some cortizone cream on it for itching and it hurt so bad when he touched it. Anyway, I thought it would go away by this morning. Today it is worse and hurts when I walk. I'll be going to the doctor - I'm worried it's shingles. I spent yesterday hot/cold all day - I'll be so angry if it's shingles cause when I had my physical a few weeks ago I asked about the shingles shot and the doc said you have to be 60 -- well, I also have Fibromylgia which is immune deficiency so I should have argued with him and made him give it to me. If this cancels my hip surgery Ill be really angry - I'm all geared up for it. Will try to stay positive until I get to the doctor. Just need to vent here, but by all I read on line, it sure looks and sounds like shingles to me. I'm so irritated.

Wow! I'd be totally PO'd!

Janet, great pic of you and Andrew - I saw it on FB. Love that he bought you tennis shoes -- how sweet. My SS started his new job yesterday - I'm proud that he got a job - he's working at Walmart and getting 35 hours week/so happy he found something in this economy.

Andrew is handsome and I'm glad your SS got a job.

My little doggie laid next to me the other night, trying to give me her body warmth -- she is so sweet -- we call her a "nurse dog" cause she's always so attentive when we are sick or hurting. LOL. She's special.

That's neat.

Hi everyone

Got my decorations up finally. We had some terrible rainy weather last night. I am glad it has passed today.

Can any of you experienced banders answer a question? Why is the band tighter in the morning then in the evenings? I can barely consume a Protein Shake in the morning but by the afternoon I can eat much more. Is this normal?

I have a tight band in the morning and I'm often very loose at night. I like Protein Shakes in the morning. I've never liked cereal and I've no time to make an egg. Protein shakes are perfect for me with the tight band. My sister who's always been thin eats only a handful of nuts and seeds and dried cherries and raisins in the morning. Her daughter started calling it Pocohontas mix. She may snack on that during the day and eats her big meal at night. So its actually a very normal pattern for thin people to eat only a little in the morning and throughout the day then eat a nice meal at night. I actually used to eat like that in the days when I was relatively and really thin. Eating a big breakfast always made me ravenously hungry all day long. It's like it stretched out my stomach and started my cravings, so I'm quite able to live with a tight band in the morning. I wish it were tighter at night. It is if I eat the denser Proteins and stay away from slider food. You'll figure out how to live with it.

Good Evening Chickies !!1

Well this morning started pulling out my Xmas stuff before my Uncle got here at 9 - we went shooting and 4 wheeling - Just call me Indio Okly :wub: got home at 1 and started on the tree and putting decorations out - then had gym at 5 - home and finished putting stuff up - now have to find place for everything I took out to put the Xmas stuff up..

Taking a break - I have been on the go since 5:15 this morning and haven't eaten - Since I have been so busy - food really hasn't crossed my mind..

Dee - my band is the same all the time - I am not tighter in the morning - the only thing that make my band tight is stress - when the kids where here last week - I was trying to eat a salad and pd on it - it's not normally an issue with me - but all the commotion with having a house full I guess I was stressed and didn't even know it.

From all that I have read most pple are tight in the a.m. - I drink coffee the 1st thing in the morning so maybe that loosens me up...

Meredith - I think I would fall asleep in a 3 hr lecture :0) I have a hard time sitting still for too long - I don't like 2 hr movies - I get restless..

Cheri - I am like you if I eat a big breakfast it's like it sets something off and I want to eat eat eat - I have always been that way ;0) - It's our addiction to food once we start watch out :sad:)

Thanks for thinking Andrew is handsome Of course I do :0) - he is very photogenic - He's to short to model - he's about 5'6 I would guess and weighs 115 or so - he's thin..

Well need to move - if I sit here to long I am going to lose my momentum :)) - Need to feed the dogs, finish picking up

cbl

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself, name is Sandy. I am 52 years old and live in the Chicago area. I am currently working through my 3 month diet and am looking forward to being banded late Dec or early Jan. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I started training for a 5k run in April. LOL, it will probably take me that long to work up to it. It would be great to have someone to share the experience with. We can do this!

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself, name is Sandy. I am 52 years old and live in the Chicago area. I am currently working through my 3 month diet and am looking forward to being banded late Dec or early Jan. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I started training for a 5k run in April. LOL, it will probably take me that long to work up to it. It would be great to have someone to share the experience with. We can do this!

Hi Sandy - Glad you stopped by ;0)

I was 52 when I got banded 2.5 yrs ago (well almost Jan will be 2.5) - I lost 112 and have kept it off for the last 1.5 yrs

Which is the longest time I have ever kept the weight of and the most I had ever lost before was like 50 lbs..

I started out doing a 30 minute mile on the treadmill - now do 3 to 4 in 1 hr depending on my inclines. I don't run - don't think I ever will ;0) and lately my knees have been acting up..

Your goal is doable ~~~

OMG, I was only off for a day and a half and I had to read 5 pages.... Wow, you guys are busy.... Would love to rehash everything, but I just got home from budget meetings for church and I'm hurting and tired.. Had a bath and now my cream is tingling and I'm about ready for my "drugs".... Maybe I can relax and sleep then.. Mimi put me through my paces today... No nap!!!!! Hard on this old grandma...... My decorating is done and I've started to think about holiday goodies, but have made none yet.. Hate to start too early... Just don't need all the temptation just yet....

Apples, the fudge sounds good, especially the mint stuff...

Janet, I'm all for sharing addresses to send cards.. Hope others will, too... I'll e-mail you tomorrow....

Laura, gosh I'm thinking of you.. My little girl was 10 when my dad was going through this and he was the only man in her life.. It was incredibly hard on all of us.. You just take care and keep doing whatever feels right.. The cake sounds wonderful.... I love Paula Dean...

Great, Dee, Linda, Eva, Cheri, Melissa, Charlene, Laura K, Meredith and whomever I may have missed accidentally, I read every word and am thinking of you all.... Hope all who are feeling bad get better and those who are doing well stay that way... Welcome newbies...

Sorry, but I gotta head for the drugs.... Love to all.... Julie

thanks for the tips on being so tight in the mornings. I keep hearing this little voice in my head saying "not eating Breakfast is bad" but at sametme I need the restriction whenever I am blessed with it and for me that seems to be in the a.m. So I am thinking that I should take advantage of being tight and move my bigger meals to lunch/dinner??

thanks for the tips on being so tight in the mornings. I keep hearing this little voice in my head saying "not eating breakfast is bad" but at sametme I need the restriction whenever I am blessed with it and for me that seems to be in the a.m. So I am thinking that I should take advantage of being tight and move my bigger meals to lunch/dinner??

Dee...however you are able to spread out your calories during the day is your call. If you feel that you really cannot get in anything then just drink something and wait till the time you feel ready to eat. I am ususally the one on the soap box promoting at least something for breakfast (even if it's just 100 calories...1/2 banana, handfull of cereal, etc). But, as I said, allot your calories throughout the day or save them for later. Sometimes it is tough to get through that evening hunger and it's nice to have some cals to work with at that time.

Hi everyone, just a quick update since I need to get going this morning. Have a mammogram at 8;30. Well, doctor says it is not shingles and it is a skin infection and gave me antibiotics. It seems no better today and in fact, hurts very badly when I walk. Not sure what is going on or how the heck I could have gotten a skin infection as I had no cuts, no scrapes, nothing on that leg. How could that occur? It's just too weird. He said to wait and see how it looks Sat. Now, this was my PC physician, not my surgeon. I have my meeting tomorrow afternoon with the OR nurse so will keep that and maybe stop by the surgeon's office and let him make the call. I'm so disappointed -- I was so ready for surgery, but it doesn't look very good unless it somehow greatly improves by tomorrow. I'm heading back to work although not sure I'll make it a full day as I still have a slight temp and get hot/cold all day and feel pretty miserable. Thanks for all your thoughts/prayers. CBL. Linda

Hi everyone, just a quick update since I need to get going this morning. Have a mammogram at 8;30. Well, doctor says it is not shingles and it is a skin infection and gave me antibiotics. It seems no better today and in fact, hurts very badly when I walk. Not sure what is going on or how the heck I could have gotten a skin infection as I had no cuts, no scrapes, nothing on that leg. How could that occur? It's just too weird. He said to wait and see how it looks Sat. Now, this was my PC physician, not my surgeon. I have my meeting tomorrow afternoon with the OR nurse so will keep that and maybe stop by the surgeon's office and let him make the call. I'm so disappointed -- I was so ready for surgery, but it doesn't look very good unless it somehow greatly improves by tomorrow. I'm heading back to work although not sure I'll make it a full day as I still have a slight temp and get hot/cold all day and feel pretty miserable. Thanks for all your thoughts/prayers. CBL. Linda

Linda...I am sure you are disappointed that you came down with this rash and temp. Have you been on steroids at all in the last few months? I was on them for 5.5 yrs and sometimes I would get flair-ups like that and open lessions (sp?) on my legs and arms. I would run low grade temps. Hope they get it figured out. Hang in there!

Meredith...those 2-3 hour classes used to get to me too. I would find myself drifting off into space. There were times that all I heard was...blah, blah, blah....Youngest DS's university provided all lectures on DVD. When the class was over, he just had to swing by the library and pick it up. One catch, they had to attend the lecture in order to get it. He is ADHD and the long lectures were tough for him. The DVD's were a great way for him to stay in tune to his classes. He would pop them in his lap top, lay on the couch and catch up with all he missed. I would LOVE to go back to school. I envy you but not all the work hours you have besides school. I guess when you are young, it's a little easier to keep that kind of schedule. I worked full time while in school also. It worked but now I look back and wonder how I did it. More power to you! May as well get what you can in while you can.

Hey Julie...you've been a busy girl! I don't know how you keep up with Mimi every day. Make sure you post some Christmas photos of her. I know I have said this umpteen times, but, I cannot wait for grandkids. My boys are too focused on their jobs right now. They have the girls putting pressure on them but they are not buckling as of yet.

Janet...you beat me this year in getting your tree up. I am working on getting the house clean and getting things from the storeroom so I can get it all finished. Every time the door opens I get a ton of "bees wings" blowing in the door and I start all over. Think I am just going to let them live in my house. BTW..bees wings are the little fluffy red things that shell off of corn when you dry it. Our yard is full of them and they are light and blow right in the door.

"Hi" to everyone else. I always keep up with the threads but have not been taking time to "talk" with everyone. Heading out in the cold and snow in a bit to relieve DH at the dryers. My other guys are working out in the fields digging trenchs. They are many miles away so just got coolers today. I watched them leave the yard in the dark this morning and felt so bad for them having to work in this cold. DS manages and works the tiling business and he doesn't mind working in this weather and the other guys don't mind either. I put extra treats in their lunches today.

Gotta go. You all have a great day...Welcome Jewel and hope you continue to post in this thread.:sad:

OMG, I was only off for a day and a half and I had to read 5 pages.... Wow, you guys are busy.... Would love to rehash everything, but I just got home from budget meetings for church and I'm hurting and tired.. Had a bath and now my cream is tingling and I'm about ready for my "drugs".... Maybe I can relax and sleep then.. Mimi put me through my paces today... No nap!!!!! Hard on this old grandma...... My decorating is done and I've started to think about holiday goodies, but have made none yet.. Hate to start too early... Just don't need all the temptation just yet....

Apples, the fudge sounds good, especially the mint stuff...

Janet, I'm all for sharing addresses to send cards.. Hope others will, too... I'll e-mail you tomorrow....

Laura, gosh I'm thinking of you.. My little girl was 10 when my dad was going through this and he was the only man in her life.. It was incredibly hard on all of us.. You just take care and keep doing whatever feels right.. The cake sounds wonderful.... I love Paula Dean...

Great, Dee, Linda, Eva, Cheri, Melissa, Charlene, Laura K, Meredith and whomever I may have missed accidentally, I read every word and am thinking of you all.... Hope all who are feeling bad get better and those who are doing well stay that way... Welcome newbies...

Sorry, but I gotta head for the drugs.... Love to all.... Julie

Julie

Hope you got a good nite sleep.. I don't know how you deal with Mimi everyday - heck my 5 yr old wears me out - I love being with her but I don't know about every day :0)...

thanks for the tips on being so tight in the mornings. I keep hearing this little voice in my head saying "not eating breakfast is bad" but at sametme I need the restriction whenever I am blessed with it and for me that seems to be in the a.m. So I am thinking that I should take advantage of being tight and move my bigger meals to lunch/dinner??

Dee - I agree w/Apples 100% I budget my calories for when I am the hungriest which is nite time for me - You gotta take what you have and make it work for you.. I eat lite for breakfast usually Plus I eat at work - so it's something tote able

Linda you are in our prayer - you gotta give the meds time to work - sure hope they start soon - Good luck on your mamo they are a little nerve racking for me - since twice they have found stuff which turns out to be nothing - but still nerve racking..

Linda...I am sure you are disappointed that you came down with this rash and temp. Have you been on steroids at all in the last few months? I was on them for 5.5 yrs and sometimes I would get flair-ups like that and open lessions (sp?) on my legs and arms. I would run low grade temps. Hope they get it figured out. Hang in there!

Meredith...those 2-3 hour classes used to get to me too. I would find myself drifting off into space. There were times that all I heard was...blah, blah, blah....Youngest DS's university provided all lectures on DVD. When the class was over, he just had to swing by the library and pick it up. One catch, they had to attend the lecture in order to get it. He is ADHD and the long lectures were tough for him. The DVD's were a great way for him to stay in tune to his classes. He would pop them in his lap top, lay on the couch and catch up with all he missed. I would LOVE to go back to school. I envy you but not all the work hours you have besides school. I guess when you are young, it's a little easier to keep that kind of schedule. I worked full time while in school also. It worked but now I look back and wonder how I did it. More power to you! May as well get what you can in while you can.

Hey Julie...you've been a busy girl! I don't know how you keep up with Mimi every day. Make sure you post some Christmas photos of her. I know I have said this umpteen times, but, I cannot wait for grandkids. My boys are too focused on their jobs right now. They have the girls putting pressure on them but they are not buckling as of yet.

Janet...you beat me this year in getting your tree up. I am working on getting the house clean and getting things from the storeroom so I can get it all finished. Every time the door opens I get a ton of "bees wings" blowing in the door and I start all over. Think I am just going to let them live in my house. BTW..bees wings are the little fluffy red things that shell off of corn when you dry it. Our yard is full of them and they are light and blow right in the door.

"Hi" to everyone else. I always keep up with the threads but have not been taking time to "talk" with everyone. Heading out in the cold and snow in a bit to relieve DH at the dryers. My other guys are working out in the fields digging trenchs. They are many miles away so just got coolers today. I watched them leave the yard in the dark this morning and felt so bad for them having to work in this cold. DS manages and works the tiling business and he doesn't mind working in this weather and the other guys don't mind either. I put extra treats in their lunches today.

Gotta go. You all have a great day...Welcome Jewel and hope you continue to post in this thread.:sad:

Apples - I would love going back to school - I never got to college - did take upper baccalaureate classes for my AU (Associate in Underwriting) and CPIW (Certified Professional Insurance Woman) for you non Insurance pple ;0) But have not had formal college - If I every get to retire - that's one of my plans - going back to school for fun :0)

Hugs on the cold - I gotta say I love our winter weather here in the desert - I think the news said low 70's today and high 60's this weekend..

Bee wings - I was wondering what that was - I gotta say that I think I need some new Xmas decorations - not to happy with how the house looks - looks like I a missing something - Andrew said no - and since I put the stuff up last year - I knew where it was this yr - but not really satisfied with looks - May go to Micheal's (craft store) this morning..

Well today is cleaning - food shopping and seeing Phyl & DH this afternoon - I love it when she's here..

Well I need another cup of coffee this a.m. didn't get to sleep til after 11:30 and up at 6 am dragging butt a bit - but another cup should get me going :0)

CBL :)

Morning, yup I slept pretty well last night.. My little routine stopped the pain from going ballistic and I went to sleep around midnight and woke when DH got up at 6:00, but went back to sleep after he left at 7:00 until almost 9:00..... That's amazing for me these days... So I should have energy for something today.. Mimi is going with DD to work for awhile as DD has her sleep study tonight finally..... will have Mimi for the night.. Anyway, DH is off to get his tractor... Actually it's mine.. Was my dad's and mother gave it to me.. He had had it restored and it was ready to pick up... At $1000 is should look pretty good!! Can't wait to see it... So, come next June I will be driving it in a parade if DH has his way!!!!

Since Mimi won't be here for awhile I should wrap some gifts... I'm not done shopping, but the tree always looks so bare without gifts.... I have a few to wrap up.. I'm afraid of my little one undoing what I do, though..... Yes, Apples, I will post pictures when I get them... I'm terrible about taking pictures... Never think untill the moment has passed.....

Well, as we all start our day let's pray it's a good one for everyone... You are all so special and I'm so happy to have you to share things with... Thanks...... Julie

Morning, yup I slept pretty well last night.. My little routine stopped the pain from going ballistic and I went to sleep around midnight and woke when DH got up at 6:00, but went back to sleep after he left at 7:00 until almost 9:00..... That's amazing for me these days... So I should have energy for something today.. Mimi is going with DD to work for awhile as DD has her sleep study tonight finally..... will have Mimi for the night.. Anyway, DH is off to get his tractor... Actually it's mine.. Was my dad's and mother gave it to me.. He had had it restored and it was ready to pick up... At $1000 is should look pretty good!! Can't wait to see it... So, come next June I will be driving it in a parade if DH has his way!!!!

Since Mimi won't be here for awhile I should wrap some gifts... I'm not done shopping, but the tree always looks so bare without gifts.... I have a few to wrap up.. I'm afraid of my little one undoing what I do, though..... Yes, Apples, I will post pictures when I get them... I'm terrible about taking pictures... Never think untill the moment has passed.....

Well, as we all start our day let's pray it's a good one for everyone... You are all so special and I'm so happy to have you to share things with... Thanks...... Julie

Julie - I am the same way about pictures - I did take a couple yesterday while we were out in the desert. Forgot on Thanksgiving ;o(...

I don't put presents under the tree till Xmas eve after kids have gone to bed - cause Santa brings them - heck I remember the day - we went to my Dad's for Xmas eve - wouldn't get home til 11 or 12 and I would be up wrapping til 3 ;0).

But since I don't have the little one til Xmas morning anyway - I think I will start sooner - cuz that's the thing when you get older - the back & legs start hurting when you have been sitting on the floor for hours wrapping .

Even to this day - all the presents under my tree say they are from Santa - I do the gift tags on the computer

For the longest - Brooke thought I was Santa cuz I was there every Christmas wearing my Santa hat :sad: