Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Cheri...looked up Mast General Store online. Women's clothes are exactly the same brands and styles that are in my closet and that I wear on a daily basis at home. I love that style of clothing. I usually will buy the half-zip shirt, the vest and the jacket all in the same color and layer. Today I have one one of the long sleeved T-shirts, the fleece vest, the fleece hoodie and the quilted jacket. Fun clothes and comfy. I even wear some of them to bed they are so comfy!

Apples - I think when I get back to work going to look up an ortho doc on my ppo.. I had leg workout tonite - it was bothering me a little in Walmart this afternoon - but at the gym it was fine and is fine now... I am not a surgery person - but I guess I better get it ck'd out.

Oh ya forgot to tell you all - Andrew & I visited Santa when we were at the mall - we were walking by and I said Andrew want to take a picture - he said ya - shock the Sh*t out of me - so we had one taken - then I was trying on new tennis shoes and went to pay for them and he pulled out his card and said - I got it.. Another shocker!!! I told him - Andrew that's my Xmas present - and while we were at walmart he got sweats and I said - I was getting them for xmas - he said LaLa - it's fine - we all have enough stuff.. I got a pretty good kid 99% of the time - I am truly blessed

Cheri...looked up Mast General Store online. Women's clothes are exactly the same brands and styles that are in my closet and that I wear on a daily basis at home. I love that style of clothing. I usually will buy the half-zip shirt, the vest and the jacket all in the same color and layer. Today I have one one of the long sleeved T-shirts, the fleece vest, the fleece hoodie and the quilted jacket. Fun clothes and comfy. I even wear some of them to bed they are so comfy!

I bought mostly fun stuff like harmonicas, painted recorders (flutes) and old-fashioned tops (remember the ones you wound up by pushing the top up and down and then they hummed while they spun all over the kitchen floor?). I got winter hats for each grandchild and Christmas socks. I got a birdhouse as a thank you gift for my sis and her husband. He is quite confined but watches the birds on the feeders and birdhouses he can see out their windows on their beautiful balconies. He can also go out on the balcony in decent weather. Their balconies look down over the tree tops to the TVA lake inlet way below which you can barely see in the summer. You can look out over the bigger part of the lake and see the sunrise and the mists rising off the lake in the morning. Gorgeous. In the summer if you're adventurous you can climb down the trail to their dock and go swimming or take out the kayaks. Even in Nov. its beautiful there.

I may go online to Mast because I didn't even have time to look at all the clothes.

Cheri

Did I hear fudge?!?!? Oh my, I am not a sweet person, but fudge is my downfall. I would like to try the recipe for Christmas though!

Thanks for all of the advice on the unfill. I called today and the lady told me to come in "now"! I told her that I had just gotten downtown for my aerobics class at school and couldn't come in "now". She told me, well then, here's your oppurtunity, you should decide and come in now! WTH is this womans problem? All of this after I told her I could wait a few days because i knew the doc would be busy. Also, I thought to myself, wouldn't you be glad that I was exercising? Whatever, i just thought it was strange for her to act like that, but finally, she told me that I could come in Thurs at 1130. I will have to leave class early, but oh well, works for me! I think that I will go with the -.25cc's

Ok, just thought that I would ck in. Have lots of homework to do and it's already half past eleven!

Night

Meredith

Evening ladies....sorry I was MIA, but I just got back on line.

Had a good Turkey day.....I think I posted that already.

I spent the last 3 days moving furniture. I moved my office to the 2nd bedroom and the office furniture and bookcases in the 2nd bedroom into my old office. There was a lot of stuff to move and I'm still organizing my office and stamping area, but the rest of it is pretty much done. I had to hook up a new internet connection and had a heck of a time finding the right wire. I pre-wired then entire house when we remodeled and I did mark the wires, but it's faded and I've lost my code sheet (of course). I also have the equipment to tone the wires but of course the batteries were dead and they take 9 volt batteries and I don't keep those around. So finally, I got the right iw and had to put connectors (jack plugs) on them and now we are running again. I was almost going through withdrawal.

Lori & Apples, GREAT picture!! Thank you so much for sharing. Glad you had a good visit. Apples, your "baby" looks great...young and healthy. My lab mix is getting old and fat...she's turning grey, but I love her anyway.

Laura, great pictures of your family. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Welcome home!!

Glad everyone else had a good weedend....now for the marathon Christmas race. Too much to do and not enough time.

Janet, loved the picture of you and DGS.

Phyl, glad you enjoyed the jerky....it only has salt and pepper so it's pretty boring, but it's the real deal.

Okay, I need to organize more. Hope everyone had a great night!!

Eva

Morning girls,

Apples, I noticed the picture of your dog right away but neglected to comment.. He's a very handsome fellow... I'm not really a dog person.. I like them okay from a distance, but not up close.. We had a big (115 #'s) black catahoulla cross for 13 years... Spike.. had to have him put down last year as his quality of life had taken a bad turn.. He was a good dog, but was a gift for DD shortly after my dad died... and he truley was DH's dog.... They were inseperable.... I just took care of him... He and I did pretty well alone when DH was in Iraq for 15 months, but he missed DH so badly... Would cry and bark a lot.... Anyway when he was gone we decided no more dogs.... We have cats, but some days could do without them, too, after they throw up on my floors....... anyway, I can see why you love yours so much....

It's been so nice here that we are spoiled.... This morning I can hear the wind howling and I know it's cold out there... I have to be in Bismarck by 9:00 for an appointment... Gonna get my new winter coat out for this trip... haven't worn it yet...

I got started with my decorating yesterday, but the house is still in a shambles as I'm not near finished.. I had to go slow... Don't have the tree up yet. Hope DH will set it up while I'm gone and then I can decorate it tonight after Mimi goes home... Don't need her kind of help yet this year..... Maybe next year....

My shoulder took a break and was okay for a couple days.... But it let me know it wasn't much better last night... Had a time with it again.... Have to pick up more pain pills today and then see that pain doc on Monday.. Can't wait for someone to help me...

Janet, great pic of you and your boy... What did you ask Santa for??????

Eva, what a big job to tackle this time of year... Don't hurt your back!!!! It's a nice thing to get done, though...

Cheri, sounds like you had a great time in a beautiful place.... Was that Tennessee??? I've never been there..

Meredith, the gal was probably just thinking you would want it fixed sooner than later... glad you are going in... Take care of yourself....

Well, better go get myself ready to go.... have a good day everybody.... TTYL................ Julie

Good Morning Gang...

Meredith - I agree w/Julie - the nurse was trying to be helpful - yes exercise is important - but so is eating you have to fuel your body to exercise :0)...

Julie - my poor son never got to help too much w/the tree - It had to be perfect - now a days I am not so much of a perfectionist - but again glad I don't have little ones trying to help.. I hate to say it - don't have the patience anymore..

Apples - I hope the fudge is low calorie (lol) I use to love it - I make fantasy fudge and I gotta say the last few times I made it it wasn't all that - so I really didn't eat it all !!!

Eva - OMW what a project.. I need to clean my garage - but doubt I will have the time to get it reorganize - but hell it's just a garage so no biggie..

Melissa - I have read a lot of books about Tybee Island (Southern Fiction but those kind of details are real about the Island) I would love to go there and Sullivan Island & Palm of Isle.. I am a southern belle at heart..

Hi All, Sounds like you have been very busy. I don't do the tree for a couple of weeks yet, I hate the disruption. I have a small house and if I wait the kids can/will help decorate it. They will both be home for a few weeks on break. I am trying to decide if I want to do all the baking this year. Last year we switched to doing more candy and pretzels. Guess I will have to see what they want. None of us need the extra goodies around. But it's not christmas without it around.

Laura K

Great pictures everyone,you are all awesome and so are the pets.

Mornin' girls...

Janet, yeh right...the fudge is low-cal. If you believe that, you might believe that your garage will magically be cleaned the next time you open the door! I'm going to post a warning along with the recipe (If this a trigger food for you...DO NOT MAKE!!!)

Great photo of you and Andrew. He is soooooooo pretty. And, what a nice thing for him to do when he bought your shoes. What a kid! Love the hoodie you have on...Chicos?

Julie...I really didn't feel bad nobody noticed my dog. Just felt like posting his photo and giving you guys a hard time. Yes, he is special to us. He will be 8 on Feb 2 (we throw him a bday party...I know..sick). He is the smartest dog we have ever had (and the only one allowed in the house). He is very curteous and only comes up to the main part of the house when he is invited. Otherwise, he is in his bed by the door. My pal.

We've also had some amazing weather. It's allowing for a fairly good corn harvest. The guys are dressed in Armour gear under their bibs and coats but not near as cold as it could be. We get low 20's at night and today is supposed to get up to 45. We'll take it!

Eva...what a girl taking on a project like that. I would probably have DS do it or hire it done cuz anything like that frustrates me to no end. No patience with electronics, etc. Makes me swear. (the really bad swear words).

Meredith...hope you get some relief from your unfill. I actually do not like having much in my band. I want to feel hunger once in awhile and I don't want to have things stuck or come back up on me. I think you will know when you get to where you want to be. You want to be able to enjoy a meal and not feel on guard all the time.

LauraK...yep, we all have our share of goodies around this time of the year. And, none of them play a role in nutritional value in our diets. I have been only making 2 different cookies/fudge/etc. for the last 20 yrs or so. My DS's didn't eat sweets and really didn't want them to have it anyway. On Monday I have a cookie exchange and need to make six different types. I am like my boys, don't care for sweets so Christmas was never a problem time for me. Now, give me a bag of chips and I could finish it off.

Back to the grind...I hate that initial cold/wind when I first walk out the door. I am on dump and dryer patrol today. Hood's up, long johns are on top and bottom and have four layers besides my outdoor coat. Good thing I don't have to bend over much.

74 degrees here today will be our high :0) Sorry for all of you with the 40's but you guys don't have the 110 in the summer - so I guess that's the trade off of where we live :0)

Yep my Andrew is a wonderful young man most of the time..

No got the hoodie at Stein Mart (do you guys have that store) it's a discount designer kind of store - it's light weight and very soft - since I had the gym @ 5 yesterday - I dressed for it - didn't want to come home and change again. Had I known I was going to be taking a pic w/Santa - I might have dressed a little more xmasie - but I don't have all the xmas tops that I use to have when I was obese.. I haven't found any cute ones in the smaller size - I know that target has some long sleeve ones - saw them in the ad on Sunday - will be cking it out today..

I most likely won't be making Xmas Cookies til xmas day - as the girls won't be here til then..

I just talked to my nephew (my bro Jimmy's boys - he died 99) they will be coming for xmas dinner too - so I will have a house full but will be very happy to have all my family with me..

Gonna post the fudge recipe quick b/4 I head out for the day. This recipe is very versitile and I make many different flavors with the basic recipe. For now I will just post the two I brought for Great's DH and maybe find time later to post other flavors.

A little history behind the recipe. My DH LOVES fudge. He was on a fishing trip for a week at Lake of the Woods up north about 30 years ago. Wanted to surprise him with some fudge when he got home but it was storming and only had a few things on hand and couldn't get to the store. Experimented and came up with this basic recipe. I use it for frostings on scratch cakes also. (I add a little cream to the recipe for frostings). I see now that if you search the internet, there are similar recipes out there. I think they secretly stole my recipe!

In microwavable bowl (about a 2 quart size)

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 Tbls real butter

Microwave on high until it comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.

Add 1 tsp vanilla to mixture. Using spatula, blend until butter cannot be seen. Add 3 cups milk chocolate chips, blend and then add 2 cups cashew peices.

Spray 8x8 pan, spread in pan and put in frig to cool. Once firm, turn out onto cutting board and cut into desired size peices. I actually put each peice into a mini-foil cup and put on platter just to pretty it up.

For the Peanut Butter fudge:

Use same recipe above but instead of choc chips, use 3 cups of Reeses Peanut Butter chips and 2 Tbls peanut butter. When well blended, add 2 cups honey roasted peanuts.

Same directions as above on the pan.

Cut, smell (try on tiny peice) and give the rest away!

No Stein Mart, Janet. Never heard of it. Part of the fun of going south is to have different shopping marts available. Had never hear of Ross till last year and loved it. We don't have Publix or costco. Ours is Sams Club. We have Supervalu markets, Target, Walmarts, Club Foods, Herbergers, Macys, Nordstroms, TJMaxx.

Hear ya on the hot summers. DH lives in the south where it is humid. Don't know how but he is used to it now. He gets cold when he comes home...even on our summer evenings.

Time to relieve DH.

Good morning! UGH! 'Today was back to work day for me. Acutally it wasn't so bad other than getting up so early. That's the only part I hate about my job. So much so that I debate whether it is worth it or not as it ties me down so much.

Thanks, Apples, for the fudge recipe, my daughter wants to make some with her future MIL on SUnday for their 'annual bake day'. It's not a redlight food for me, I am like you give me a bag of chips and they are gone, can leave sweets along except for M&M's.

Just got a phone call from AIL (aunt in law) in S Dakota that we stayed with. One of the hunters that was there from Mississippi's dog got sick and it's parvo. Put me in a pure panic because our dog also got sick but just verified with my vet she is vaccinated against it and getting better now anyway. They think she got giardia from drinking out of a slew or some stagnant Water. She loves water.

Today I go down to the hospital and get my pre op check up for surgery. I pray that this cold doesn't affect anything, it's starting to clear up though.

Meredith, glad you are getting your fill taken care of.

Cheri, liked that stores website too.

Eva, that all sounds too technical for me. Heck I bought a new lap top and haven't even taken it out of the box yet, I'm afraid of messing something up and am waiting for future son in law who is a computer geek to set me up.

I got so spoiled with DD's laptop while recovering from surgery I got my own yesterday only $279 at Best Buy they only had 4 per store, couldn't believe they had one yesteray as the ad came out on SUnday but I got the last one and there were 2 people behind me wanting 2 each. It was meant to be!

Janet, cute Santa pic, Andrew is one handsome dude!

Gonna post the fudge recipe quick b/4 I head out for the day. This recipe is very versitile and I make many different flavors with the basic recipe. For now I will just post the two I brought for Great's DH and maybe find time later to post other flavors.

A little history behind the recipe. My DH LOVES fudge. He was on a fishing trip for a week at Lake of the Woods up north about 30 years ago. Wanted to surprise him with some fudge when he got home but it was storming and only had a few things on hand and couldn't get to the store. Experimented and came up with this basic recipe. I use it for frostings on scratch cakes also. (I add a little cream to the recipe for frostings). I see now that if you search the internet, there are similar recipes out there. I think they secretly stole my recipe!

In microwavable bowl (about a 2 quart size)

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 Tbls real butter

Microwave on high until it comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.

Add 1 tsp vanilla to mixture. Using spatula, blend until butter cannot be seen. Add 3 cups milk chocolate chips, blend and then add 2 cups cashew peices.

Spray 8x8 pan, spread in pan and put in frig to cool. Once firm, turn out onto cutting board and cut into desired size peices. I actually put each peice into a mini-foil cup and put on platter just to pretty it up.

For the Peanut Butter fudge:

Use same recipe above but instead of choc chips, use 3 cups of Reeses Peanut Butter chips and 2 Tbls peanut butter. When well blended, add 2 cups honey roasted peanuts.

Same directions as above on the pan.

Cut, smell (try on tiny peice) and give the rest away!

No Stein Mart, Janet. Never heard of it. Part of the fun of going south is to have different shopping marts available. Had never hear of Ross till last year and loved it. We don't have Publix or costco. Ours is Sams Club. We have Supervalu markets, Target, Walmarts, Club Foods, Herbergers, Macys, Nordstroms, TJMaxx.

Hear ya on the hot summers. DH lives in the south where it is humid. Don't know how but he is used to it now. He gets cold when he comes home...even on our summer evenings.

Time to relieve DH.

That's a pretty easy recipe - Am going to try it for holidays

Here in the desert we have dry heat most of the time - sometimes August can be a little humid for us

I ck'd Stein Mart - there isn't one within 100 miles but there are some in the state - here's the link - incase you ever go to a big city ;0) For Her - Stein Mart

Good morning! UGH! 'Today was back to work day for me. Acutally it wasn't so bad other than getting up so early. That's the only part I hate about my job. So much so that I debate whether it is worth it or not as it ties me down so much.

Thanks, Apples, for the fudge recipe, my daughter wants to make some with her future MIL on SUnday for their 'annual bake day'. It's not a redlight food for me, I am like you give me a bag of chips and they are gone, can leave sweets along except for M&M's.

Just got a phone call from AIL (aunt in law) in S Dakota that we stayed with. One of the hunters that was there from Mississippi's dog got sick and it's parvo. Put me in a pure panic because our dog also got sick but just verified with my vet she is vaccinated against it and getting better now anyway. They think she got giardia from drinking out of a slew or some stagnant Water. She loves Water.

Today I go down to the hospital and get my pre op check up for surgery. I pray that this cold doesn't affect anything, it's starting to clear up though.

Meredith, glad you are getting your fill taken care of.

Cheri, liked that stores website too.

Eva, that all sounds too technical for me. Heck I bought a new lap top and haven't even taken it out of the box yet, I'm afraid of messing something up and am waiting for future son in law who is a computer geek to set me up.

I got so spoiled with DD's laptop while recovering from surgery I got my own yesterday only $279 at Best Buy they only had 4 per store, couldn't believe they had one yesteray as the ad came out on SUnday but I got the last one and there were 2 people behind me wanting 2 each. It was meant to be!

Janet, cute Santa pic, Andrew is one handsome dude!

You got a steal on the note book - I have my bro's laptop - but would really love a notebook for when traveling due to the nice small size ... But I don't need it - I am trying to distigust between what I really need and want ;0)...

I only got tennis shoes yesterday - didn't even look for clothes for me - well today will be another story - but I need to get off my butt and get dressed.

Didn't make it to gym - just not motivated this a.m. to hit the treadmill... Got my bills paid - still need to work on bro estate cking but will do that later ;0)

Going to target marshalls & ross today - then start decorating - I think ;0)

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I had my 2nd fill yesterday and I finally feel like I have a band inside me! After feeling absolutely nothing after my first fill, I was beginning to worry he forgot to put one in there! LOL

I now have 5cc in my 10cc band, but my doc says most people need to get up to at least 7cc before it begins to work. I was just curious if this was the case with yours?