Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Gang

Long has a blizzard and I have 100 degree weather !!!

Julie glad you are doing so well - take it easy and don't over do it

Holly - Hope this fill gets you to your sweet spot

I have missed all of you! I get so much of a boost by reading your posts and enjoying your successes. We're not always perfect, are we? Big surprise! Being successful is a matter of overcoming our imperfections and plugging on in spite of the roadblocks.

A little roadblock for us - DSIL has been informed he will be staying in Korea for another tour. They will be moving to Seoul, which is an improvement for them - much larger post with good family support and a lot more to offer spouses and children. It will be a very good job for DSIL, but none of them are too excited about staying in Korea for another tour. They are all missing home, friends, and extended families. They do not know yet whether it will be for one year or two.

Joanne...love your new photo. You are so pretty...just as pretty as the quilt behind you!

So sorry to hear you kids will remaining in Korea. I am sure it builds character with all the experiences they have, but just so difficult to be away from family. We are so lucky to have the technical conveniences we do today. I am sure you feel fortunate to be able to talk to her everyday by email, etc.

Enjoy the remainder of your trip, the new baby smell, the cute things 2 yr olds do!

Hi Janet. I'm Annie from Rhode Island. I had the Realize band inserted 9/30/08. I have a total of 5.5 ccs in the band now but still no restriction (I do get food stuck sometimes, however). My dr. schedules every 6 weeks as he is soooo busy. I return to him next Monday and this time I am afraid to go as I have not lost any weight and may actually have gained a pound or two. I sure could use your help. My problem is sweets and they sure do go down easy! I had lots of will power in the beginning but have lost no weight the last 2 months. Any words of advice? Thank you so much in advance.

Good afternoon. Well my snowstorm ended up being more of a rain storm in my part of town. We got over 3" of rain which is unusual to get that much but they said if ti was snow it would've been measured in feet. They got more snow west of me. Today it's in the 70's and supposed to be 80's by the end of the week. Springtime in Colorado!

Holly I lived in Sandy UT for many years. Been to Provo a lot. Loved ProvoCraft.

Weight is down to 118 lbs lost. Only 8 lbs to go to get to my docs highest goal for me and 18 to a normal BMI. think I will go for the normal BMI.

I've been super busy, involved in a few things with church, volunteering at the hospital, my folks are coming to town later this week, then we are planning a 100th bday party for my grandma, then it's my sons bday, and then I leave on my cruise!!! Two weeks from Wed. I leave for Barcelona. Oh and tomorrow is my 30th wedding anniversary. So if I am scarce that is why. Just didn't want anyone to think I vanished. This place is very important to me. OH and also am speaking at the seminar on Sat. WHEW!!

Hi everyone. Looks like all of us are having strange weather! Some good, some nasty like all of this rain that we are getting here in SE Michigan! Anyhow, I've been reading all of your posts everyday, but havent really contributed anything. Sorry. I went to my psych appt today. All went well. He is sending the letter out to me tomorrow so i will be able to have copies and have it on hand for all of the rest of my appointments. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening! -Meredith

Good afternoon. Well my snowstorm ended up being more of a rain storm in my part of town. We got over 3" of rain which is unusual to get that much but they said if ti was snow it would've been measured in feet. They got more snow west of me. Today it's in the 70's and supposed to be 80's by the end of the week. Springtime in Colorado!

Holly I lived in Sandy UT for many years. Been to Provo a lot. Loved ProvoCraft.

Weight is down to 118 lbs lost. Only 8 lbs to go to get to my docs highest goal for me and 18 to a normal BMI.

think I will go for the normal BMI.

I've been super busy, involved in a few things with church, volunteering at the hospital, my folks are coming to town later this week, then we are planning a 100th bday party for my grandma, then it's my sons bday, and then I leave on my cruise!!! Two weeks from Wed. I leave for Barcelona. Oh and tomorrow is my 30th wedding anniversary. So if I am scarce that is why. Just didn't want anyone to think I vanished. This place is very important to me. OH and also am speaking at the seminar on Sat. WHEW!!

CONGRATS! ON YOUR AWESOME WEIGHT LOSS!...............CONGRATS! and Happy Aniversary! Well, we would have left this saturday on our Hawaiian cruise, but you know we cancelled. We are still going to Hawaii in December. Both of us will be able to sit comfortably in our seats. I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

Today started off with thunderstorms and has ended sunny and 75. Just the reverse of how my day went:eek:. My hubby is in Las Vegas this week so it leaves my daughter, dog and me flying solo this week. After I dropped her off at school, I did aerobics for 60 minutes - yeah. I have taken today and tomorrow off as vacation to get stuff done while hubby is away and kid at school. I got a lot of errands done and cooked dinner (fish and carrots w/broccoli). All was well, until my band said that is it..no more...and I dang it...had to have one more bite. AND the nightmare began, I ran into the powder room trying to hack it up and slimed all over. My dog was whining to go outside my daughter banging at the door and the phone ringing. Really...It all was going so well:mellow:

After 10 minutes of pain, it faded...I took the dog out cleaned up dinner and now getting ready to put my daughter to bed. I hope tomorrow goes better. I am defrosting Tomato Soup as to not get stuck tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone!

"I don't eat oatmeal often - I like it but it doesn't stick with me for very long and I am not a big sweet person in the morning -

I eat about 1 to 1.5 cups for dinner - lunch is usually 1 cup - I could never live on 1/2 cup per meal... That's not eating.."

How you can keep up with everyone I never know. Thanks for all information.Yeah I agree 1/2 cup for me is not eating..LOL

Edited by 1day at a time

Ok so I have been having pain in my upper left quadrant since Thursday. At first I thought it was just gas. I took gas x and drank alot of Water but that did not seem to help. When I walk, sit, stand it hurts. Laughing yawning it hurts. The pain seems to pierce through to the back.

I called my Dr today and he seemed to think it is a pulled muscle from working out with my trainer. So he wants me on liquids for 48hrs (which I don't know that has to do with anything) and no exercising for a week. I can walk but no jogging or lifting things.

I don't think it is a pulled muscle but since bathroom habits have not changed and the pain has been the same he wants me to give it some time.

What do you guys think? I actually have an appt with my PCP on Thursday just to see what they say, but I just think something is up

1 day at a time - I hope it's nothing serious.

Long - Lucky Dog, I need to go on a cruise.

Julie - you sound like you're feeling much better, that is great.

I hit the onederland, I haven't been in the 100's since I got engaged, that was 18 years ago. Onderland is when you are in the 100's right? Not when you've lost 100 pounds? LOL. Did my Zumba class tonight and actually kept up the whole time expect when squatting down, not too far, my knees just hurt too much.

Take care everyone,

Denise

LJV.....a little early but here goes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR LJV

HAPPY BIRTH DAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denise...congrats on ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodnight everyone...if you could see me...I am the one dragging my A$$ down the hall to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Hi everyone! Apples, thanks so much for the bday song and wishes. I baked an interesting (but good) cake today. I bought a sugar free white cake mix and made it with 3 egg whites and a can of fresca. Baked it according to the instructions on the cake mix. It seemed to bake okay, but it was done a little earlier than it should have been. I didn't think it raised as much as a regular cake either. Anyway, then I mixed 1 box of sugar free raspberry Jello with 1 cup of boiling Water, forked the cake and poured it over top. Then I took a box of frozen raspberries and put some splenda in that to sweeten it and poured that over the top and refrigerated the cake. Then I mixed a box of sugar free vanilla pudding with 1/2 Cup of skim milk and let it thicken and then mixed it with a container of Fat Free Cool Whip. Put that on top and then grated a little semi sweet chocolate on top (very finely grated - used my fine grater - it was just a dusting). Anyway, took it to work as we have 3 b-days at work this week and it was a big hit. According to Dailey Plate, it was 3 grams of fat per serving and 150 calories for the cake then probably a few more calories for the pudding and cool whip, but not many I would imagine. It was quite good, very fancy and no one could believe it was sugar free and low fat. You could make the same cake with strawberry jello and strawberries and black cherry jello with cherry pie filling. You could use the cherry flavors witih a chocolate cake. Yum, that sounds good. Anyway, thought I'd pass it along if you have company coming and want to try it. Julie, hang in there, just take one day at a time. That's what I had to do last summer and before long, I got up one day and realized how much better I was feeling. I know it may seem like that day may never come, but it will, I promise. Denise, congrats on Onederland -- you are doing great! 1dayatatime, glad you are going to doctor -- anytime pain in back is involved it could be a kidney problem, so please go and get checked out. Long, you have a lot going on, but you'll be terrific at the seminar on Saturday -- you'll be a huge inspiration to everyone who attends! Take care everyone! Linda