Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey, I'm here....Had the procedure at 8 PM last night.. Found the pocket, put in cathetor and drain....LOTS of new pain.....Expected pain, but it has knocked me on my kiester!!!!! I had weaned myself off of the morphine, but it's back, thank goodness.... Pain should adjust soon... Good news is that I've been able to have liquids today... going down fine.... He said that I won't be getting my band re-filled anytime soon... I told him I was okay with that now and that cream of wheat was about as far in the future as I've dared look... He said maybe tomorrow.... Wish I had the strength to comment on all the posts, but I'll have to catch up later... Please know that I am thankful for you and for your concerns for me.... Take care........ Julie

Hey, I'm here....Had the procedure at 8 PM last night.. Found the pocket, put in cathetor and drain....LOTS of new pain.....Expected pain, but it has knocked me on my kiester!!!!! I had weaned myself off of the morphine, but it's back, thank goodness.... Pain should adjust soon... Good news is that I've been able to have liquids today... going down fine.... He said that I won't be getting my band re-filled anytime soon... I told him I was okay with that now and that cream of wheat was about as far in the future as I've dared look... He said maybe tomorrow.... Wish I had the strength to comment on all the posts, but I'll have to catch up later... Please know that I am thankful for you and for your concerns for me.... Take care........ Julie

Julie you are doing better than I would in your place - I doubt I would be on the computer ;0) - I am glad they drained the problem and you got to eat - how did it taste.. Use the drugs if you are in pain - that's what they are there for..

Continued prayers - Hugs Janet

Julie, Boy, it sounds like you have really gone through a tough time since I have joined this thread! I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Janet, Really idk what I would do without all of this knowledge you and everyone else is providing me with? I am just so glad to find people that keep me level and provide another point of view. I always looked at my sister my whole life and blamed in on genes. She got the skinny ones, I got the fat ones. When we were in high school, I would really watch what I ate and ran 10 miles a day! I played lacrosse and ice hockey. She would cheerlead and eat a bag of doritos in one sitting. Once adulthood arrived, you're right! She has to exercise and doesn't have that same food addict personality that I have. Thanks for taking me out of the past and putting me in real-time!

-Meredith

I am going out of town today and won't be back on here until Friday evening. I am so glad I finally posted on here this week and was given so much good advice. Have a good week. Thanks to all of you who took time to help me.

Cheryl

Just a quick note to say Long, Apples and Phyllser your photos are Fabulous!!! You guys all look really good. Keep up the great work. :wub:

Ms Bubba: I'm glad to hear you can take in some fluids. I bet in the next few days you will be filling much better and get your strength back once you can start to eat again.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Denise

I just can't keep up with you gals! So many posts...

Boos.............good to see you back! We miss you on July Butterflies too!

Julie, Boy, it sounds like you have really gone through a tough time since I have joined this thread! I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Janet, Really idk what I would do without all of this knowledge you and everyone else is providing me with? I am just so glad to find people that keep me level and provide another point of view. I always looked at my sister my whole life and blamed in on genes. She got the skinny ones, I got the fat ones. When we were in high school, I would really watch what I ate and ran 10 miles a day! I played lacrosse and ice hockey. She would cheerlead and eat a bag of doritos in one sitting. Once adulthood arrived, you're right! She has to exercise and doesn't have that same food addict personality that I have. Thanks for taking me out of the past and putting me in real-time!

-Meredith

Meredith

We all look at skinny pple and see them eating a pint of ice cream - a 1/2 of a cake or a bag of chips - or donuts whatever - and we love to thing that they do this all the time - the diff between them and us is they do it OCCAISSIONALLY and then they will eat liter the next day and up the exercise - where we ate like that EVERYDAY and didn't move our butts. Wishful thinking...

I can tell you back in my skinny days (early 20's) I would make a box of rice a roni on the weekend and I would eat it all weekend - but then I moved to eating the whole box in just one sitting - I would buy candy and eat it over a period of time - not one sitting..

So I do know the diff - in High School - I came home from school eat Cookies & chips - but I did a lot of walking so I lost weight even eating those foods and it wasn't every single day...

I do have a faint memory of being that skinny chick - I know how I use to eat and how I progressed in to eating more and more and moving less and less...

There really aren't too many pple out there who can eat tons and tons of junk - not move and not be fat - Yep there are a very few who can - but sooner or later it will catch up with them...

I am going out of town today and won't be back on here until Friday evening. I am so glad I finally posted on here this week and was given so much good advice. Have a good week. Thanks to all of you who took time to help me.

Cheryl

Cheryl - Have a good time !! Talk to you when you get back

I just can't keep up with you gals! So many posts...

It's cuz you are on FB instead of here :wub:

Charlene we have alot of pple (myself included) who are on Facebook too - on the 50's thread they have been refering to it as cheating on LBT - heck some have even joined twitter - oh heck No - between lbt - fb and work and my life there just aren't enough hours in the day :0)

Originally Posted by Charlene K viewpost.gif

Charlene we have alot of pple (myself included) who are on Facebook too - on the 50's thread they have been refering to it as cheating on LBT - heck some have even joined twitter - oh heck No - between lbt - fb and work and my life there just aren't enough hours in the day :0)

Janet, I am on facebook..........so what do I do? Do I search cheating on LBT? too funny!

So is everyone going to be leaving here for Facebook? 50's has already slowed down. I can hardly keep up here, would hate to think of learning something new. :)

Just got home from my volunteering at the hospital. And.....guess who they asked to train to become a support group leader??? I'm scared to death yet excited at the same time. The formal training isn't til Oct. but I will be doing some sort of online training via Obesity Help in the meantime. Not sure when I will start. We have 2 leaders at my group. We meet every other week and it's a different leader on the 1st week than it is the 3rd week. Well the 1st week leader had to step down. So......will keep you posted. It's for byapss and band and they also want me to observe some more surgeries! That sounds exciting, I really enjoyed it when I did observe the band surgery last fall.

So is everyone going to be leaving here for Facebook? 50's has already slowed down. I can hardly keep up here, would hate to think of learning something new. :)

Just got home from my volunteering at the hospital. And.....guess who they asked to train to become a support group leader??? I'm scared to death yet excited at the same time. The formal training isn't til Oct. but I will be doing some sort of online training via Obesity Help in the meantime. Not sure when I will start. We have 2 leaders at my group. We meet every other week and it's a different leader on the 1st week than it is the 3rd week. Well the 1st week leader had to step down. So......will keep you posted. It's for byapss and band and they also want me to observe some more surgeries! That sounds exciting, I really enjoyed it when I did observe the band surgery last fall.

You go girl - Congratulations !!!! I bet you are on cloud nine and this kind of stuff helps keep you on track !!!

No we aren't leaving LBT :thumbup:- it's just on fb you can play games - I love pathword - parking wars - it's all Phyl's fault she is the one who got us hooked... There' possum toss - mob wars and some farm thing that I haven't figure out yet..

Between 3 threads - the p.m.s I get and FB - I don't get anything else done - that's why there are days I just stay away from the computer all together :00

Well it's 4 I get to go home - gym weight training legs - so will talk to you all later

I bet Matt or Lil get kicked off Idol tonite - or maybe Chris

I love Matt & Kris - but I think the bottom 2 may be Adam & Allison - or Adam & Danny???

Well I think I'm calling the doc tomorrow. I have no energy. I thought I could hold out but it doesn't seem to be getting better. I really enjoy this restriction because I'm never hungry but I can't even eat meat. Thats a bummer.

I have Facebook, it's a blast.

Oh and IMHO, Adam's not going anywhere. I think he'll win it and if he doesn't you will hear him in the radio all the time, like Chris Daughtry. :)

Denise

Well I think I'm calling the doc tomorrow. I have no energy. I thought I could hold out but it doesn't seem to be getting better. I really enjoy this restriction because I'm never hungry but I can't even eat meat. Thats a bummer.

I have Facebook, it's a blast.

Oh and IMHO, Adam's not going anywhere. I think he'll win it and if he doesn't you will hear him in the radio all the time, like Chris Daughtry. :)

Denise

I meant top 2:tongue2: - Adam is going to win idol :0)

If you can't eat meat you are too tight... You can't be so tight that you can't eat real food...

Let us know..

Yes, I have had that problem for the past several days. I was banded Sept. 30, 2008. That sick thinking overtook me -- I have lost 40 pounds and have 30 (not 20 like I said earlier -- my bad) to go -- so I figured I could do it "my way." Well, my ego got in the way and I gained back 3 pounds. By turning to this group, my head is on straight again, thank goodness. Someone suggested reading your literature again from the doctor -- that's a good idea. It will give you a sense of order and suggestions. I keep a count of my Protein grams and calories every day. All of my food is either fat-free or very low-fat, so I don't have to count fat grams any more. It's so simple when I read suggestions -- drink 64 oz of liquid a day -- one-half hour before meals and one hour after meals -- eat Protein first -- no bread, rice of Pasta for me, which I don't miss -- no carbonated beverages (I haven't had one since my surgery). My problem has been lately I've been eating sugar-free and non-fat or low-fat foods, but in quantities that are ridiculous. I just ate them until I had that stuffed feeling -- the feeling that settles any uncomfortable emotions I might be having. I've had to regroup and limit stress as much as I can. Well, anyway, this was supposed to be a "quick" reply. Sorry. Keep coming here and reading. There are some great mentors I'm finding out. So I need to try to give back as much as I'm getting from all of you.

Betty

187/147/117

9/30/08

Dr. Woodman, Memphis, TN

Thanks so much for letting me know I was not the only one that had this feeling. I actually have pulled out all my literature and I am re reading it. Again thanks

Everyone on this post is so helpful. :)