Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi - I'm Elizabeth. I just got banded on Tuesday May 20th. Sent the night at the hospital and came home Wednesday afternoon. I had my surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) in Philadelphia. My surgeon was Dr. Noel Williams. A real Top Doc. Excellent and highly experienced and recommended. I had robot assisted surgery, which is supposed to increase how fast you heal and decrease incision size atc. creating a more precise procedure. I have been taking it easy since I got home. Walking each day, even made it all the way around the block yesterdy. Yay!! I feel like I have been more sore and slower than others I have spoken with, but I am ok with that. I would rather take it easy now and make sure everything heals correctly than rush out to the mall or to get a pedicure. I worked hard to get here and don't want to have a twisted port fixed or a slipped band in my future. I am feeling much better today than I have but kicking back to watch the Indy 500 then the CocaCola 600 after that. Having trouble getting in most of my fluids but I am making sure everything I drink has Protein in it. I have had a little SF Jello too. Just starting this journey. Looking forward to the future.:D

Hi Elizabeth,

Congratulations! I hope you reach your goal without any complications. I live in Cherry Hill, NJ and got banded on April 23 by Dr. Adam Goldsetin. I felt excited that you're in my area and thought we should support each other. Hoda.

Hi there I had my surgery on the 19th and we are about on the same track ..I feel better everyday ..I had terrible back pains and have no idea if that was gas or pulling myself up I hurt something but so much better today but like you not getting a pedicure for awhile.. Keep us posted and Congratualtions.

Hi - I'm Elizabeth. I just got banded on Tuesday May 20th. Sent the night at the hospital and came home Wednesday afternoon. I had my surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) in Philadelphia. My surgeon was Dr. Noel Williams. A real Top Doc. Excellent and highly experienced and recommended. I had robot assisted surgery, which is supposed to increase how fast you heal and decrease incision size atc. creating a more precise procedure. I have been taking it easy since I got home. Walking each day, even made it all the way around the block yesterdy. Yay!! I feel like I have been more sore and slower than others I have spoken with, but I am ok with that. I would rather take it easy now and make sure everything heals correctly than rush out to the mall or to get a pedicure. I worked hard to get here and don't want to have a twisted port fixed or a slipped band in my future. I am feeling much better today than I have but kicking back to watch the Indy 500 then the CocaCola 600 after that. Having trouble getting in most of my fluids but I am making sure everything I drink has Protein in it. I have had a little SF Jello too. Just starting this journey. Looking forward to the future.:D

Yeah! Another Nascar fan!!! Who's your fav driver?

I love me some Dale Jr. but love to look at alot of them!! My brother was part of the pre-race festivities today with his motorcycle club, he presented a POW MIA flag to the Speedway to fly. They rode on the track, but unfortunately it wasn't part of the televised pre-race. Someone said they saw an aireal view of them, but I must have missed it.

i was banded on 5/22, you sound like you are doing great.. i worry that i will never feel the same again. i have bloating, and major incisional pain. i cant get my fluids in because i am so nauseated...

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm a patient of Dr. Williams too. All pre-op stuff is done, just waiting for final insurance clearance and then a surgery date. Sounds like you are doing just fine. Good luck on your journey. I hope to be joining the ranks of the banded soon.

-Trish

Hey girl,

I got banded Thursday the 22nd. My doctor is Wellborn in Little Rock Arkansas. I went home same day. I have had great care from the husband. I'm having a little trouble getting all the fluids down. I have had to write everything down. No trouble with the gas. The MOM too care of that. I have a goal set to lose 140 lbs. I hope by this time next year I will be there or real close. Good Luck

R. Ellie

i was banded on 5/22, you sound like you are doing great.. i worry that i will never feel the same again. i have bloating, and major incisional pain. i cant get my fluids in because i am so nauseated...

I am sorry you are having a hard time. My tummy has been pretty distended today from the gas I guess, uncomfortable. Gas-x has not helped. I am having trouble geting in my liquids too. Pretty slow. I am just doing the best that I can. Not comparing myself to others. because more sem to be having a easy time than a rougher time. we will be ok. I would rather be slow and make sure everything stays in the place that it was sewn into than hurry out to do something. Slow and steady wins the race, right? Good Luck.

I love me some Dale Jr. but love to look at alot of them!! My brother was part of the pre-race festivities today with his motorcycle club, he presented a POW MIA flag to the Speedway to fly. They rode on the track, but unfortunately it wasn't part of the televised pre-race. Someone said they saw an aireal view of them, but I must have missed it.

I love Dale Jr. too! I was so bummed last night, I thought for sure he was gonna have himself a win!

Hi Elizabeth

My name is Carol and I also had my surgery on May 20th by Dr. Nicholas Bertha at St. Clare's Hosp in Dover, NJ. I am still having quite a bit of incisional pain, still not able to straighten out enough to lie flat in bed, have to sleep in the recliner. I'm supposed to return to work tomorrow,that should be fun. Good luck to you and to us all.:unsure:

Hi Elizabeth

My name is Carol and I also had my surgery on May 20th by Dr. Nicholas Bertha at St. Clare's Hosp in Dover, NJ. I am still having quite a bit of incisional pain, still not able to straighten out enough to lie flat in bed, have to sleep in the recliner. I'm supposed to return to work tomorrow,that should be fun. Good luck to you and to us all.:)

My doc told me 2-4 weeks out. Why do you have to go back to work so soon? I had my surgery on the same day as you and I am feeling better but still painful on the port side and the center incision. Hope you start to feel better soon.

I hope you are doing well. I took this week off as well and I am glad that I did and was able to. I really don't think I was up to returning to work this week. I am still pretty weak, from lack of nutrition I guess. I just can't get in enough Protein although I have been doing a little better with liquids the last 2 days. I go back for my 10 day check up on Fri May 30th. They told me I couldn't drive until after that appt, so I haven't pushed it. I will try to drive to the appt on Fri and depending on how I feel driving will dictate my returning to work, because I have a 30 mile commute each way. So I want to make sure I feel truly strong and confortable enough to not be a danger to anyone else on the road. It's not the pain meds anymore it just the turning and stretching to see the other cars etc, and being in traffic.

I hope you are doing well. I took this week off as well and I am glad that I did and was able to. I really don't think I was up to returning to work this week. I am still pretty weak, from lack of nutrition I guess. I just can't get in enough Protein although I have been doing a little better with liquids the last 2 days. I go back for my 10 day check up on Fri May 30th. They told me I couldn't drive until after that appt, so I haven't pushed it. I will try to drive to the appt on Fri and depending on how I feel driving will dictate my returning to work, because I have a 30 mile commute each way. So I want to make sure I feel truly strong and confortable enough to not be a danger to anyone else on the road. It's not the pain meds anymore it just the turning and stretching to see the other cars etc, and being in traffic.

Glad you are feeling better. That has been my problem, being weak and tired and just plain old uncomfortable. Today I feel a little better but still tired as I did not sleep well. I go for my post-op appt tomorrow. I am hoping I can start the mashed foods cuz the liquid diet is getting a little old! Have you tried anything other than liquids yet? I am kind of nervous about trying it. As far as the car goes, I tried going out one day for a ride and the bumps in the road killed me! I guess I can understand why they don't want us to drive. Hope your appt goes great and you are getting all the rest you need this week!

Glad you are feeling better. That has been my problem, being weak and tired and just plain old uncomfortable. Today I feel a little better but still tired as I did not sleep well. I go for my post-op appt tomorrow. I am hoping I can start the mashed foods cuz the liquid diet is getting a little old! Have you tried anything other than liquids yet? I am kind of nervous about trying it. As far as the car goes, I tried going out one day for a ride and the bumps in the road killed me! I guess I can understand why they don't want us to drive. Hope your appt goes great and you are getting all the rest you need this week!

I ahven't been sleeping well either. The pain meds don't really seem to be doing anything anymore. I have 2 pills left. I took something last night to help me sleep around 4:00 am and then I slept well. I went out on Monday to get my hair washed and blown out and it really wore me out!! I go for my post-op on Friday and I am dying for some mushies mashed potatoes - something wonderful. I need food!!! lol I did have a tiny bit of ice cream on Monday. It was my b-day and my son got me some cake batter ice cream and I let it melt some and ate little bits at a time. I didn't have any bad side effects from it just felt bad for doing it. I haven't tried to eat anything that wasn't liquidy. I am looking forward to the mushies, like I said.