Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Elizabeth

My name is Carol and I also had my surgery on May 20th by Dr. Nicholas Bertha at St. Clare's Hosp in Dover, NJ. I am still having quite a bit of incisional pain, still not able to straighten out enough to lie flat in bed, have to sleep in the recliner. I'm supposed to return to work tomorrow,that should be fun. Good luck to you and to us all.:lol:

I hope you are doing well. I took this week off as well and I am glad that I did and was able to. I really don't think I was up to returning to work this week. I am still pretty weak, from lack of nutrition I guess. I just can't get in enough Protein although I have been doing a little better with liquids the last 2 days. I go back for my 10 day check up on Fri May 30th. They told me I couldn't drive until after that appt, so I haven't pushed it. I will try to drive to the appt on Fri and depending on how I feel driving will dictate my returning to work, because I have a 30 mile commute each way. So I want to make sure I feel truly strong and confortable enough to not be a danger to anyone else on the road. It's not the pain meds anymore it just the turning and stretching to see the other cars etc, and being in traffic.

I ahven't been sleeping well either. The pain meds don't really seem to be doing anything anymore. I have 2 pills left. I took something last night to help me sleep around 4:00 am and then I slept well. I went out on Monday to get my hair washed and blown out and it really wore me out!! I go for my post-op on Friday and I am dying for some mushies mashed potatoes - something wonderful. I need food!!! lol I did have a tiny bit of ice cream on Monday. It was my b-day and my son got me some cake batter ice cream and I let it melt some and ate little bits at a time. I didn't have any bad side effects from it just felt bad for doing it. I haven't tried to eat anything that wasn't liquidy. I am looking forward to the mushies, like I said.

I had a little bit of ice cream too, so don't feel too bad about it. It's a treat that is easy to go down! Just think while everyone else was having their cookouts and eating their hearts out we were sipping on drinks! A little icecream isn't bad! LOL

Happy belated birthday!

Hello:thumbup:,

I work in the Cherry Hill area. i am considering Lapband myself how did you approach your doctor about it. People look at me and dont think I am that big no one realizes how much i weigh. I am 5'4 and weigh in at 229lbs and my BMI is 39.1 and I am 40% fat. I am suppose to be around 135 or so. I also have PCOS and am having a very difficult time getting pregnant w/a second child been trying for almost 4 years was going to a doctor for a year and nothing. with PCOS it makes it very, very difficult to lose weight and can lead to a lot of health problems down the road (which i am already at risk because of my family history). Sooo...I guess i am looking for a little advise from someone that has been throught the procedure. Where do i start? How long does the process take?:scared2:

Hello:thumbup:,

I work in the Cherry Hill area. i am considering Lapband myself how did you approach your doctor about it. People look at me and dont think I am that big no one realizes how much i weigh. I am 5'4 and weigh in at 229lbs and my BMI is 39.1 and I am 40% fat. I am suppose to be around 135 or so. I also have PCOS and am having a very difficult time getting pregnant w/a second child been trying for almost 4 years was going to a doctor for a year and nothing. with PCOS it makes it very, very difficult to lose weight and can lead to a lot of health problems down the road (which i am already at risk because of my family history). Sooo...I guess i am looking for a little advise from someone that has been throught the procedure. Where do i start? How long does the process take?:wink2:

Hi there

The first step to take is to talk to your doctor and see if he/she thinks lap band surgery is an option for you. I started the process in January of 2008 by going to one of my surgeon's seminars. At the seminar they will tell you the entire process and depending on your insurance there may be certain things you need to do to qualify for lap band surgery. You can also do alot of research at lapband.com. What is PCOS?? Keep reading the posts on here, that has been a tremndous help to me, I wish I had joined before the surgery then I would have had a better idea of what was going to happen. Feel free to ask any other questions, I'd be glad to help if I can.