Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters Get-Together? Anyone?

So who's up for a one year celebration? Any ideas?

Personally, I'd love to book a trip to the US Virgin Islands while we have Frangipani as a local resource. She can recommend hotels, restaurants, night spots, etc.

I checked Travelocity, and the RT airfare from Dallas/Ft Worth is about $600, not bad for a quick getaway.

Most of the PS folks should be healed by then, and ready for a bathing suit, so beaches are a plus!

Whadaya think? Huh? HUH?

Hey Lessnless,

With you around it would surely be one hell of a party so let's do it!

BUT

We will have to wait until after one year Bandivesary is over because August and September are the height of hurricane season around here.

Assuming we survive the season intact, (knock on wood, but we usually do), November is actually a better time -- and it's still low season, so plenty of travel deals to be had.

Come on down!!!!

The Virgin Islands in November? Count me in. We could plan something in August too. I'd say come to Texas everybody, but August is a killer here. Other suggestions?

Hey Becky,

Now it will really be a blow out party with the two of you coming down. I wonder how long it will take before they deport us!!!:biggrin::lol::redface:

Let's keep talking and planning -- anyone else interested? Did you know that we actually have a Texas Society down here? They put on a chili cook off every year.

Unfortunately, I probably can't do anything in August because crazy me is on a mission to finish up this plastic surgery and I am actually contemplating doing the final round (finishing out the backside) in late July or early August if the Dr. will let me........

But look out when I get back from all this plastic surgery -- and also keep your fingers crossed that I don't suddenly become tempted to walk down main street doing this :rolleyes2: and get myself kicked off the island!

Frangipani,

What island are you from? St Thomas is my most favorite place in the world!!!!! I haven't been to any of the other Virgin Islands but am dying to go. If the getaway works out, I'd love to be a part of it!!

Teresa

wow - wish it were in the budget but I'll have to save my money and vacation for trips home for the holidays now! La Jolla is lovely in August (then again, it's lovely all the time). You're welcome here too!

Las Vegas is usually an easy and cheap, central location for people to get to.

I also LOVE Vegas - hehe :sad:

Frangipani,

What island are you from? St Thomas is my most favorite place in the world!!!!! I haven't been to any of the other Virgin Islands but am dying to go. If the getaway works out, I'd love to be a part of it!!

Teresa

Hi Teresa,

Yes, I am on St. Thomas!

Las Vegas is usually an easy and cheap, central location for people to get to.

I also LOVE Vegas - hehe :sad:

Oh Boy Candle, now you're talking because that gets me into my favorite part of the country for hiking!!! Within about a 3 hour radius of Vegas, you have the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (WAY more spectacular than South Rim, in my opinion), Zion National Park AND Bryce National Park. In fact, that whole area is an absolute hiker's paradise. I just love, love, love it out that way!!!!

We could do a little Vegas, catch some shows, etc, and then those who are interested can do some hiking too. What do think????

I'm would be happy to be the tour guide for the National Parks, as I have spent a lot of time on the trails out there.

Again though, August in the desert is a NO GO -- we should wait until October, November, somewhere in through there.

The weather definitely foils us August Bandsters unless we want to go to a little farther North, and/or out of the hurricane belt.

Great ideas Frangipani!

We went out to Hoover Dam last time we were there. Hiking sounds like a great new adventure.

I wouldn't be able to go until the fall either. Originally we were planning a trip to Jamaica but I think we're going to scale back a little - I'm saving for PS and home heating oil is going to break the bank this winter. (I'm sure you don't have to worry about such things in ... St Thomas :scared2: )

Vegas really has something for everyone.

Great ideas Frangipani!

We went out to Hoover Dam last time we were there. Hiking sounds like a great new adventure.

I wouldn't be able to go until the fall either. Originally we were planning a trip to Jamaica but I think we're going to scale back a little - I'm saving for PS and home heating oil is going to break the bank this winter. (I'm sure you don't have to worry about such things in ... St Thomas :scared2: )

Vegas really has something for everyone.

I wish Candle, BUT in some ways we have it worse here. Our antiquated power system is highly inefficient and therefore our electric bills are ridiculously high -- and this despite the fact that they can only manage to keep the power on about 85-90% of the time!!!!

Also gas here is nearly $4.50 a gallon for regular. Grrrrr..........

So we are definitely feeling the pain here too.

Edited by Frangipani

Hi Candle! I'm always glad to see you posting. Vegas is a great idea. It is reasonable and like you say, something for everyone.

I like the sounds of a fall trip and the hiking really appeals to me. Something to look forward to after the summer of plastic surgery.

Okay I have lived in Vegas and anything after October is good. Anything before and you die....UGH. I would definetly TRY to make it then as I have a lot of friends down there. In fact one just gave birth 2 days ago!!

I don't know if it will be in the budget...but I can try!

I would love to go to the Virgin Islands! I live in Indiana it is not very exciting here. PLEASE keep me posted.:thumbup:

Hey all......

Back from the cruise! I'm having major re-entry issues. No one is making up my bedroom twice a day, no one is asking me if I want another glass of wine, no one is making up towel animals for me or putting chocolates on my pillow!!! Life on land is not exactly leisurely....is it?

Anyway, I'd love to do meet all of you and hit the town in Vegas! Depending on when this get together will be in the Fall....count me in. YES! (I'm at a University so my schedule gets a little wicked at some points in the fall....). I've never been to Vegas but I hear what happens there stays there. :confused: That's my idea of Nirvana!!!!

How about taking a cruise?:cursing: I've read that some of the other groups have gone and had a blast! I've been on Norwegian Cruise Lines before and you can sit with whom-ever for meals and there is no set times to eat. Maybe the Carribean? They have cruises starting at 5 days for $349 and up for an inside cabin.