Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 23rd Is Here!!!

So..........I'm getting ready to head out to go to the surgery center. I am calmer than I have been all week, but still a bit nervous. I am looking forward to coming back to LBT and say "I'm banded!"......whenever I feel up to it :-) Hey to all of my 22nd-ers...........and I can't wait to see the rest of the 23rd-ers check in! Prayers please!!!!!!!!

:blushing:

you will do great.. talk to you when you get back.. get lots of rest...

Good luck, prayers sent your way!!!

I was also banded on the 23rd. I expected to feel better by now. Supposed to work in the morning. Not sure how well that is going to go. Hoping for the best.

Tonja

Tonja I think you will be okay...just a little uncomfortable. I'm at work today...I move slowly but thank goodness for desk jobs at times! I'm worried about not having an appetite...like I can't even make myself sip the shakes, only Water or gatorade. I wonder.....

I am having the same problem. So far today I have had 8 ounces of broth and about 16 ounces of hot tea. I drink, I get gas, I hurt, I don't drink then start the cycle all over again. I know I will be really tired tonight but still trying to plug away at work. Good luck.:smile2:

Tonja

I was also banded on May 23rd! Massive gas - I think I am killing the atmosphere with methane!! Taking Maalox for relief. I went ahead and moved to mushies today without a problem because all of the Slim Fast was keeping me in the bathroom. Tonight I drained a can of Water packed tuna, added 2 Tbsp fat free dressing and chopped up dill pickles w/o the rind. Ate it with no problem at all. Weird thing was, right after I ate I started sweating profusely and felt dizzy, but no nausea or vomiting. This was really weird. I am still sore at the port site and diaphragm where a hiatal hernia repair was also done (that was a surprise). Hurts to get up and down or in and out of chairs/bed. I am working from home the rest of this week and go back to the office next week.

Wow what a difference in doctors orders! I had 5 days of strictly clears and have now moved up to thin clears-I can have V-8 juice now. This is for the next 5 days. Understand the gas. Called my dr yesterday to ask if anything else but Gas x but office said no. Took mylanta anyway I was hurting. Also got my local GP to prescribe Tylenol with Codiene liquid. I started a new job in December so have no sick time so went back to work on Tuesday. Some reason I couldn't sleep past 5 am this morning. Probably cuz I don't have to go into work till 10 today and could sleep late.:wink2: I am having trouble still getting liquids down. Took me all day to eat 8 ounces of Jello. Got in 21 grams of Protein though. I am hoping a little better every day will get me through. Hope your day goes well. I loaded up with my pain med already to get me started off okay.

Tonja

Good for you Mary!!! I have spells where the gas gets really uncomfortable...and it takes forever to "Release itself"...it just bubbles around in my tummy!! Last night my gas was really bad and I couldn't sleep for about an hour....but right when I got comfortable I had to wake up for work. Haha!

Tonya I am at a new job also so I came back to work Tuesday...felt okay actually except mentally I wanted to be at home. I can do full liquids for 10 days then mushies....which is Monday b/c surgery day counts as day 1 right? Hope so...I am craving real food! I've heard of a lot of people getting hernia repairs during surgery which I guess is good because otherwise it might lead to other problems. We can do it ladies!

Hi, Ladies,

Good to read your posts. This first week was a little rough in spots but I'm feeling much better today, 1 week out. My sister is an RN and she calls to check on my progress every day. She said "Have you had your cry yet?" I said, "Huh?" In her experience, any sort of surgery, even if you've elected it and looked forward to it, is experienced by the body as an assault. The low day(s) (depression, crying, "what have I done to myself?" thoughts :smile:) is the body/mind releasing the fight or flight stress it has just been through. I hit that yesterday, made worse by my eating too little carb to prevent hypoglycemia. The nurse at the weight loss center told me to up the carb content, get plenty of Water in, and move to mushies a little earlier than I had planned. Having a good cry yesterday and getting in more carbs has made a world of difference. I feel a LOT better and I know, right down to my toes, that I CAN DO THIS!

Lets hang in together, May 23rd band folks. It will become second nature in no time at all. :(

I understand perfectly about the cry! I didn't think I would, but about 4 days after surgery (mine was May 22) I broke down! But I felt SOO much better the next day! And I also started carbs a day earlier. It has made a major difference.

Okay,

I know myself well enough to know that this is probably just me but 8 days out I am now tired of the pain. I have gas, my stomach hurts, my port surgical site hurts, I can't do what I want and everyone is having great food around me and I can't eat. Wahhhhhh! What a baby I am! This sure had get better soon. (I was like this when I had major knee surgery too) I want to feel good again and have life easy. It is hard getting used to the having to think so much. No just stopping for a pop and some food. I have to plan ahead. Not good for me. I know I am not eating enough Protein cuz just to make the shakes makes me want to throw up. I know it is in my head. In the last two days my family has had my favorite meals, steak, bbq ribs, french silk pie from Village Inn. I truly think they hate me! lol. I think I am done whining thanks for listening.

T

Haha T I am just like you!!!!! I am tired of trying to get situated in bed...waking up from pain when I try to do my usual turn over. I can't stretch like I want to....small stuff but I know it will be over before I know it. I can't seem to get enough Protein either because the shakes that I loved so much before almost make me gag now...might be all in my head but I try. So I've done some carnation instant Breakfast with milk which tastes great and depending on the mil has about 10-13 g of protein. Prolly not the best option, but better than nothing. I too am used to just stopping by somewhere, getting a burger and coca-cola (my fave I'm gonna miss it!) and keeping driving. But yes, planning is overall better. Remember this is for our health ladies!! It will be worth this mini-torture in the end! lol

Well, the gas is tremendously better. Praise the Lord. Tummy still is really tender. Taught CPR today, up, down all around probably not a good plan. Otherwise doing okay. Mood seems to really be up and down. Could just be me. Having trouble trying not to cheat on my diet. That hasn't changed since before the band. Keep reminding myself that i need to be careful, don't want to screw it up since I had to pay cash. Hope everyone is well. T

Tonja I'm doing great...I can finally sleep on my left side, still with a pillow though. Past few days my port has been a little sore, everything else is alright. If I press lightly I can feel the port..so hopefully at first fill doc won't have a hard time finding it! I am also trying to be careful as I paid cash...I think so far so good. Glad to hear you're good...hope the tenderness goes away!