Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegas Vacation & Lapband???

I'm going to disclose something to you I've never heard anyone say. And to those reading this...do not flame me.

We all come from somewhere and are headed to better health...and it's a process. As long as we take a step forward...we are doing good, right?

Okay, that said. I still eat too much from time to time. I've gotten better...but still.

I frequent the Vegas Buffet. I always have a stack of cups in the car or in my purse. You know those Solo or Dixie cups...plastic...either red or blue.... anyways. I eat...then when I feel something getting stuck...I drink to bring it back up. I simply lean over a tad w/ the napkin at my mouth hiding the cup. It take less than a second. I put the cup down.

Location is everything...need a bench, wall, plant or something to at least block view.

Now, that's what I do from time to time when I eat out. No, it isn't right...sure it isn't healthy. But I do it.

I call it .... the cup. I rely on that cup when I drive long distances and have to eat drive thru, I rely on that cup when I try a new dish and don't know whether or not it will get stuck...I rely on that cup often. I used to do it w/ every meal. Then thru the process I retrained myself to learn my stop signal. I got it down to once a day, then a few times a week....now it's not so much anymore. But I do it when I go to a buffet.

Other than that, eat! Have fun! You don't have to eat a whole lot to enjoy food. Even at a buffet you can simply have a teaspoon of everything and just sample it. The buffet at Treasure Island is my favorite...most tasty. The funnest place is at the Excalibur...Angry Dick's Last Resort...they are a hostile staff and you get yelled at...the younger crowd loves it.

Have fun!

Oh...I don't think it's nuts to unfill.....and I looooove Vegas and would definitely consider it if it was an option. I'm still a newbie, though, I'm not sure I'd trust myself enough to get right back to the doc for a refill at this point :thumbup:

And, yes, Arbor Day was in jest. But maybe President's Day wasn't? :thumbup:

Oh, I know you were kidding! I love your sense of humor, Enchanted!

Im new at this fill/unfill thing but Im sure Ill catch on: ) I dont see anyone as weak except myself, which is hard to admit and not pretty. Seems I must fall on the "cupcake sword" every morning. I will be going on many trips this summer w/fill. I deal w/ guilt and fear issues concerning food. Love/hate relationship and really just want a truce w/it . I may be in over my head--fill/unfill--dunno :thumbup:

patches:)

Okay so I made it through. It was a little tricky trying to find out what I could eat. I know hotdogs go down easy, so for lunch and while we were out walking I would get a hot dog and not eat the bun.

Now for the buffets, I still had to pay full price, I even talked to the manager and showed her my lapband card. she stated even if I only entered and did not eat anything I would still ahve to pay full price. SO we only did the buffet once. After that we just ordered off a menu.

My husband and I would decide on what we wanted and he ordered it all for him and I got a second plate and ate off of his. If he ordered a salad I ate a little bit, he ordered shrimp and I ate a few pieces.

I think it worked out wonderfully. And with all the walking (because the weather was in the 80's) I think I lost quite a bit of weight. I think I am going to the doctor in a week or two.