Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Lift

Guest JuicyPrincess

Guest JuicyPrincess

I know when people lost a lot of weight they often end up with lose skin that needs to be removed (body lift, Tummy Tuck what have you). I was wondering how many of you have had these since losing weight AND what the cost?

There is a whole area that people discuss cosmetic and reconstructive surgery on this site. I know the cost issue was a recent thread. Id say take a look, there are a lot of great stories and pictures and people will be happy to answer your questions.

Guest JuicyPrincess

Thanks, i am still trying to get the hang of this site and locate things. i did see now, a lot of posts about this. Pannectomy and your insurance covered it? I assume that is where they basically remove the panis (apron)? WOW, i am surprised they covered it, did you have to list a medical reason?

Thanks Babes!:thumbup:

The doctor took off about 5 lbs of excess skin. He pulled down the skin from above the belly button but didnt tighten any muscles like a Tummy Tuck would. I still have the same beautiful effects as if he did tighten the muscles as in a "tummy tuck" . My lap band scar from the port is now down next to my new belly button as before it was right under my rib cage... I had a breakdown of the skin or "rash" that just wouldnt stay away. I do alot of standing and sitting and the band around my pants would rub against my waist until it became sore and raw.. thas how my insurance covered the panni..

I am having an extended TT with a vertical incision. I think if my skin was rotting my insurance would still deny me! So I am a self pay. 9580$ but my surgery is quite extensive...so I am alright with the amount that she is charging. The surgery is scheduled to take 6 hours because of the amount of skin they are removing. Doc said she anticipates 10-15 pounds. Yep...that's a lot of flab!