Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Illinois Medicaid

I'm not sure how to post this agan. I made one post about locating a doctor in Illinois that accepts the Illinois Medicaid Card and got a great list of Chicago area doctors, Thanks so much. I was wondering if anyone would have a list of doctors in the Central or Southern part of Illinois. Any and all help would be very valuable. I reached beyond desparation awhile back. Thank you for your time.

Dr. Albert Gilman in Decatur, IL. He accepts Medicaid. You must have a BMI of 40 or above though to see him. His number is 217.876.2750. He is the absolute only one I could find in Central Illinois. His address is 302 West Hay St. Suite 140.

Edited by benhamgal

Hi Im new here and Im really seriously considering Lap Band. I have a few questions to anyone who can help thank you. Im wondering if my BMI is 37 will I still be a candidate for the surgery? And also does Illinois medicaid cover it? I live in Kewanee Illinois 1 hour from Peoria so if anyone close to there can help I appreciate it!!! Thanks!:biggrin:

Illinois Medicaid does cover the lap band if you BMI is at least 40 or if it is 35-39 with at least two comorbidities. You will need a doctor who will do the band, a psych evaluation (which is not typically covered by Medicaid and can cost between $250-$600) and an appointment with your surgeon's nutritionist who must also say you are a good candidate for the surgery.

Your surgeon can then submit it for approval. Mine was just submitted so I am not sure how long it takes to hear back.

All of my other testing is done for my surgeon as well due to other issues I had going on in my life anyway.

I hear there are a number of doctors in the Chicago and Peoria area that are accepting Medicaid and one in Decatur.

Good Luck!

yeah.. Mt Sinai Chicago accepts Medicaid for the band.. call them at 773-257-2020, they're great!

Herrin Hospital, aka, New Life Weight Loss Center, Herrin Illinois, find Carbondale, (S.I.U), and Marion Il, (I 57), and its right between the 2 towns. They are Medicare and Medicaid accredited now.

If you are looking for a doctor in the central area of the state I would reccomend Carle Hospital in Urbana. If that is too far to travel then call them and ask if they can refer you to someone closer to where you live. A lot of the bariatric clincs know eachother. If you get a referal you are better off than going in cold. Any questions just message me.