Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Realize band...first fill...how much...

I have the Realize band and I'm getting my first fill soon - just curious, how much did they put in for your first fill? I have no idea what he was planning to do but like I said, was curious. Did you notice restriction with the first fill? I have slight restriction now. When I say slight I mean that I could still eat a fairly large amount of food if I wanted to. Not quite what I could eat before but certainly more than the 1/2 - 1 cup of food.

Do you go to the realized band website? I have the same band and I read there alot, they give you info for their band. Dr. schram did mine and I got for the first fill was 2cc I have had 4 fills thus far for a total of 6.5cc's which he says is the spot for most. I can tell you that I felt the restriction by the 3rd fill. I would go the the website for more info if you need.

Edited by WhirlWinds

I have 2.5cc in a my realize, and I've got pretty good restriction. This is my first fill, and I got it a little while ago, but I met a woman in the waiting room of the doctor's office who had 5cc in her first fill (my doctor does all fills under fluoroscopy).

Thanks! I do go to their site but haven't found that info yet, I must be looking in the wrong place. Holy cow, 5cc at their first fill!? That seems pretty intense.

My first fill was 3.8cc's, 2nd was 3cc's. I have pretty good restriction now but I think I want just a touch more because I am starting to get hungry after 2 or 3 hours if I stick to the 1/2 cup of food that my Dr. recommends. Dr's seem to fill a bit more aggressively if it is done under flouro.

The information would be under "My Fills" I believe..check it out

My dr says he puts 3cc's in at first fill! Whereas he said he only puts 1 cc in the Lapband. Hope that helps! Please let us know how that fill goes! I am waiting for my approval right now! I am so nervous that I won't be approved! Please keep me in your prayer!

My first fill was 3ccs and I had no restriction. I currently have 8.4ccs and have great restriction.

Pearlygirl..I too was banded with the Realize Band on 4/23/08. My Surgeon told me i will get 4cc's on the first fill..I am now TERRIFIED that 4cc's is a drastic moved but i guess i have to go with what the Dr. says. I am terrified that 4cc's on the first fill wont let me eat anything! I hope to god thats not the case. I read earlier on here about someone who can barely hold her own saliva down so now i am terrified of the whole 4cc's on the first fill thing.

PLEASEEEEEEEEE anyone who has a REALIZE band and can relate to this i would appreciate ANYYY input ! Thanks and good luck Pearly!

Myr first fill is on 5/22.

I have the Realize band and was told that the first fill (mine will be next week on 5/21) will be 4cc, as that is the standard for the first one with this band.

The surgeon said that it should be sufficient for the most part and that if, at all, I should only need 2, maybe 3 more slight fills for my lifetime afterward.

<shrug>

I know, right now, I have little - if any - restriction. I can eat 1c of Cereal without a problem. I've not tried eating more, simply from a caloric standpoint. I also suspect that my stomach as shrunk in size from eating smaller portions, so a comparison to what it was like before the surgery isn't a fair comparison.

-m

My doc said she does no more than 3 or 4 cc for the first fill depending on the patient's restriction level. Mine was "none" so I got 4 cc. I felt nothing for 3 weeks, then suddenly a bit of restriction! It went away again though. I'm going this week for another fill; I'll see how much she's willing to do for a second one.

I was banded March 28 and had my first fill on April 28. The nurse practitioner, who does all of the fills for the practice, gave me 3 cc without fluro. I have no restriction and can eat anything, unfortunately. My second fill was scheduled for June 2 but I called and moved it up to May 19th. Can't wait although my first fill was very uncomfortable. I was the 4th Realize Band the doctor had placed. My nurse said they are trickier to fill because they are a lower profile than Lap Bands and are harder to find. She had to dig around a little bit...OUCH !!!

I can definitelty relate 4CRAZYBOYS, I am loving my band, was banded March 31st, 2008 by Dr. Brad Watkins in Oak Brook, Il. I had my first fill May 5th of 3cc's and at first I thought I was feeling good restriction, but today is May 14th and I feel like I can eat a horse, but not all the time and not with all foods which I thank God for, but I am going to contact my Dr's office to see if I can have another fill, and hopefully that will be my "sweet spot" good luck and keep on keeping on as we move along through this weightloss journey.

My surgeon gave me the booklet that came with the band that includes the instructions for the surgery and fills. The booklet recommends 4cc for the first fill, which is what I got.

I have 7.5 cc now and am going back in a couple of days for another fill, probably a small one.

I had my first fill today and I have the Realize band..... My doctor put in 2cc's.... She tried to put 3 but that was too much for me. I was told that the usual for the first fill is around 4cc's. It all depends on the person... some people still have good restriction when they go for their first fill.

Good Luck.....