Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

too tired and stiff

I workout 5 days a week for at least an hour and 15 mintues...sometimes longer but it always seems to be atleast that. anyway somedays my legs don't feel like they can even make it up the stairs to my bedroom in order to put my workout clothes on let alone workout. when i do force myself to push through it and workout it's like i can hardly make it and don't do nearly as much as i usually do. this only really happens like once every other week or every 2 weeks. does anyone else feel like this somedays? and what do you do? or what causes it?

Take a break! That's just fatigue, pure and simple.

Even though I'm fit, I can really only run three days in a row before I need a break. I just find the run feels like I"m trying to run through Water. And I start to get a very sore back too.

It's minimised when I eat properly - and for me that's plenty of wholegrain carbs. If I try to carbo load all the time, I lose weight and I have heaps of energy, high Protein just doesnt do it for me. Plenty of Water helps too.

But overall, its just your body saying you need a rest! Take a day off every few days, as long as you're doing five sessions a week you're doing more than enough, and any more is probably not really productive anyway.

Yep, take a break.

I "work out" 3x a week right now and then the other days just try to get in incidental exercise like extra walking, taking the stairs, etc.

You could also try alternating workouts -- cardio 3x a week, weights and some light walking 2x a week, if you want to do all 5 days.

Thanks! i think i just wanted "permission" to take a break!

Wow I hope noone tells me to take a break. I dont think I could get started back up again.

When I get to those points that I really just dont want to do it. I have to have that conversation with myself. I work out 5 days a week. If I dont want to go then I have to be prepared to go on one of my normal off days. Or If I do go I will tell myself I can do a smaller work out. (even though I end up doing the full work out)

If you're doing five sessions too, make one of them a much easier one. I try to run 10km three times a week and then on the fourth I just do an easy 6. It feels like nothing compared to ten! Then on my fifth day its an inbetween distance like 7.5 or so. You dont need to do your very hardest workout every single time you workout.

Wow I hope noone tells me to take a break. I dont think I could get started back up again.

How do you get back started again after skipping a day? It's just like that -- instead of doing hard workouts 5 days in a row, alternate hard workouts with easy ones so your body has time to recover.

There's a difference between your body being at it's limit (you are fatigued, legs feel heavy, you try to do your full workout but can't) and those days where you just don't feel like going to work out for whatever reason. LV sounds like she needs to let her body recover between workouts. The latter is a head issue that we just need to push through, like you said, and do it anyway.

For me One day off is no big deal I stay active running arround grocery and washing my cars and stuff like that. Now If I take 2 days off in a row it is hard to go back in. I will want 3 days off 3 will turn into 4 and so on.

That is why I cant take a break.

But that is be. and that is how I work. I am not saying that is how everyone works. I just know that I cannot allow myself to have a break.

Friday is my day off, if i dont do anything on other days I feel guilty but Friday is my day to go home and have a nanna nap on the lounge if i so wish and it gives my body a well deserved break.

For me One day off is no big deal I stay active running arround grocery and washing my cars and stuff like that. Now If I take 2 days off in a row it is hard to go back in. I will want 3 days off 3 will turn into 4 and so on.

That is why I cant take a break.

But that is be. and that is how I work. I am not saying that is how everyone works. I just know that I cannot allow myself to have a break.

I know what you mean! I generally do sunday through thursday and take friday and saturday off just because we are so busy. Sometimes it's really hard to do it on sunday when all i really want is a day off from everything! but it seems the more i do it the more i want to do it. right now i'm really into working on the speed i can run/walk a mile. my goal is to do a 5k in october. so that really motivates me to workout. I've also taken the advice to not workout as hard on atleast one of my days and that really seems to help alot!

I know what you mean! I generally do sunday through thursday and take friday and saturday off just because we are so busy. Sometimes it's really hard to do it on sunday when all i really want is a day off from everything! but it seems the more i do it the more i want to do it. right now i'm really into working on the speed i can run/walk a mile. my goal is to do a 5k in october. so that really motivates me to workout. I've also taken the advice to not workout as hard on atleast one of my days and that really seems to help alot!

Where are you going to do your 5K? I think I want to do one. I am doing 4.5 miles in an hour now on the elliptical and I really want to do a marathon. But am not sure how to get into doing one.

i do the breast cancer walk every year so this year i think i would like to do the 5k run. the one i go to is in des moines, i would think they should have something like that near you??