Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ May 2008 Chat

Good Morning Gal Pals

Well, I guess we'll settle down at home this month, seems like we were gone the entire month of April. I'm ready to get my pool open and do some serious fishing :thumbup:

Jetti, what a wonderful NSV, I don't even run to get the phone, boobs are still so big, I'd bruise my chin if I did.

Betty....no Betty checking in this weekend, must be busy partying.

Speaking of partying, anyone tried a Margaretta Sunrise, I hear they're very good.

Diane, it was so good to talk to you Saturday morning. I enjoy our long talks .

Sherry, I'm a fair weather rider, I've only riden in the rain one time in 11 years, and that was because it was a surprise downpour, I was scared chitless .

Mandy, I took the course too, I think it should be mandatory for everyone that rides to take it, especially those that are "experienced" and think they know it all. One of the things I learned is using the front brake, my hubby NEVER uses his front brake. I'd never riden anything with two wheels, besides a bicycle, when I took the course. My youngest son was in a panic, he still worries about me, well I worry about me too. I hadn't riden in almost three years until last weekend. Check out the flying arms..that's what happens when the fat doesn't fill them out anymore.

Eileenie, I'm so sorry about your doggy :confused:

Kat, the hubby's a keeper for sure. I was getting a new diamond, but fruggal me decided I'd rather put the money into the ground....in the form of a pool. For a little more than the hunk of diamond I wanted, we're putting a pool in at our cottage, but I'm still on the hunt for a great deal on a 2.5-3 carat diamond ...at a great price :wink2:.

Diane, I was 47 when I took the MC class :biggrin2:.

Kat, hop back on that cycle, it will make you feel younger, and scared at the same time, LOL.

post-204180-13813137038612_thumb.jpg

Hey Pat! Fabulous picture! You look like you know what you're doin'! :smile: lol!

I haven't tried the margerhita sunrise...Let me know how it is if you get a chance to try it. DH is ready to do some serious fishin' too. Looks like mother's day is gonna be a trip to kiptopeake (concrete ships) for some drum. I had sooooooo much fun the last time I went! Caught a huge drum, what a beauty...it was all "catch and release" with the drum, but when its flounder or striper time, it's all keep whatever's legal....love that stuff!!!! :blushing:

WTG Jessica!!!!!!!!! What an accomplishment! Congratulations!!!!!!!:)

Just jumped in for a quick post.......g'nite everyone!:thumbup:

Sheesh I feel like such a fuddy duddy with all of you ladies. you are all bikers and fishers - ok thats not a word but you understand - and I have never been on either a bike or a boat!!!

how are all my lovely ladies doing today? Its a beautiful day her in NJ. I got free tickets to the Yankee game tonight so I am excited because I also have a ticket to tomorrow nights game that I bought a few months ago so YAY 2 games in a row for me!!

have a great day everyone!! HUGS to all

Well Jessica, if it were in my power, I'd ride by pick ya up and join you at the game! That is such fun! We catch games when we are in Denver--and love it!!

That is one thing we miss about Denver---they had ALL the pro sports---and here where we are, ya got high school!!!!

Well, I am having a horrid day fighting allergies. I have spent the afternoon sleeping with Kinsey as my meds kicked my butt, but when I woke up, my eyes are still itching like crazy, and I don't feel awake even!!

I'll check back in with you guys in awhile....

Kat

Hey everyone! Blast from the past. lol. I'm home nursing a cold and actually had time to log on and check things out.

Eileen I'm so sorry to hear about your doggy. They are so much a part of the family!

Kat, sounds like things have been hectic but you have a wonderful husband for sure!

Mandy, how exciting for the motorcycle lessons. That is so great! I'm too chicken to ride a bike. lol

Sherry - love ya girl, as always! xoxo

So life has been good with me. The weight loss is slow, but it's still moving so I can't complain. I know I need to do more exercise, but you know how that goes. lol. Curtis and I are moving in together at the end of this month. I am really excited and happier than I've ever been in any relationship. It's amazing how things can change sometimes!

Well it's off to bed for me. Glad to see everyone is doing well. :)

Kat I have been going to games since I was about 4 and I love them!! I try to get to as many games as I can but seeing as this is the last season at the old stadium its really hard to get tickets. last year I was able to get to some games by buying tickets that day of the game but I dont see that happening this year. I also hate that I miss out on the gym by going to a game at night - WOW I never thought I would say those words!! haha

have a great day all!!

hmm I have no idea what that means...can you use it in a sentence?

I haz rep power...

Did that help? I believe it's a way to give a nod to those that help or something profound? If you look in your user CP there is a list of post that got rep power.

I now understand. I didnt realize Pat was talking about on this board. I thought it was something in the "real world" DUH me!

Rep power is, I believe when someone benefits from your posting they click the scale of justice thing on the bottom left (near your green online dot). So if you have alot of people clicking that for the posts you post you get more reps. :smile:

Howdy everyone.....well......I'm officially pooped. It's 10:18pm and I'm dog gone tired...and dummy me had a Decaf ice coffee and now I have acid. Duhhhh I should know better. Tums works wonders lol. Anyone try that new powder packet Tums yet? I was thinking of getting those to try. I like the smoothies Tums..they do melt faster for me and less chaulky than the regular Tums.

So what's the plan for Mother's day for you all? I don't even know if my son realizes it's Mother's day this weekend. DH will probably remind him but, I do realize he's been really busy worrying about college and graduation and stuff. Eh...to me it's Mother's day all the time because he really is a good kid. (Drives me nuts on his off days but, we all have them lol) Anywho...I do hope all our Mother's have a wonderful Mother's day if I don't catch you before that.

Eileen - I'm so sorry about your Susie. I've never lost a dog...but I have seen DH cry about the dogs he's had to put down even now after years of him having had to do it. He almost didn't get another dog that is until he saw our Jenny. He said his first Jake (we have a Jake now too) was there with him through his divorce and not being able to see his kids. His Jake kept him sane, company and feeling like there was something to live for.....but Jake got cancer and the tumor was growing so John didn't want him to suffer and had to put him down. So although I don't know first hand the experience....I certainly know the heartache you and your family are going through. My thoughts are with you hon...and know this...you gave her a wonderful life here on Earth with you and your family and she loved you for it :smile: Hugs my friend...xoxo

How is everyone else doing? How is everyone doing scale wise? I'm really curious...it's something we don't bring up much in here really huh? I'm struggling.....this last fill sometimes feels like I can't get anything down and yet other times I still can eat too much. I had 3 slices of thin crust Papa John's pizza tonight with no problems. WTF? First off...after the 1st slice I'm sure I wasn't hungry and after the 2nd truly I should have stopped ...yet did I? I mean...why with this fill was I even able to THINK about a third piece? Crazy! Anywho...I haven't lost any weight yet with this last fill. I'm way too scared to get another fill because I do occassionally run into the reflux issue especially if I eat bread or flour based stuff - i've noticed it then. I had steak at 5pm the other day and suffered all night long even though I didn't over do it. I guess it was taking too long to digest. I don't want to make the mistake of eating just mushy stuff because those are high in cals. Endless isn't it lol So how are you folks doing?

Anyone up to an Exercise challenge? Something to get us motivated to say...exercise at least 3 times a week? I know Darcy did that for us once..wanna try again?

Sherry, the doc just put me on aciphex (20 mg) and I'm already feeling better. It's an acid reducer. Maybe ask about it?

Mothers day will be quiet around here. We are going to the zoo tomorrow, but sunday will just be me and Abi. I made a nice steak dinner tonight. Some tender steaks, some shrimp (boiled in beer and hot sauce), cream cheese mashed potatos, and corn. Yum. I'm full but not uncomfortable. I've had some issues with reflux myself and we all know that leads to pb issues. This medicine has helped and I've only been on it 3 days. ~Mandy

yep, it's a small pill about the size of a mini m&m. Goes down easy.

I took Aciphex for awhile too....it does work differently in the way it slows acid production, as opposed to neutralizing the acids, or blocking them. It did work, I eventually figured out how to control mine, and have managed without it for awhile now.

The one thing to watch with Aciphex, is to make sure the food you are eating is really well chewed---which we should as bandsters anyway.....but also he warned me about any kind of old bottled Water to avoid, anything that might have questionable contamination, or something like possible food poisoning. He explained it better, but it has been so long, I forgot. Anyway without the additional acids in the stomach to kill off some of those germs, they are allowed to grow as opposed to being killed off. He said it was not a huge issue, just one to be aware of if we camped frequently and had any contact with say river Water I took it for awhile with no issues at all!!!

I have been actually losing weight Sherry---wierd. I know now what happened, but it freaked me out for a few days!!!

My allergies were really bothering me, so I began taking my Zyrtec, and it messed with my appetite, and my stomach both! They are small pills, and I only do half, but they made food taste so bad, I gagged when I tried to eat! I went 3 days eating baby portions, no snacking, even my water tasted like crap! I finally put 2 & 2 together and come up with like maybe 4!! I have changed to using a nasal allergy medicine, and it has eased....my stomach was better today. I was able to eat food---although not a lot--and it tasted good. Hoping it settles on down now. Today was my first full day with none of it. I took Zyrtec for years! Not any more!!!!

So I am dropping into the low 180's----I figure by the time my TT rolls around, I will be able to drop into the 170's and to be honest, with my height, and all, if I stay there forever, I will be thrilled to pieces!!!! I have been wearing my size 14's, and they are comfy. I have a pair of 8/10 pull on capri's that I love, but they are elastic waisted, so not much of a measurement. I can fit a size 12 non stretch jeans, but breathing is not something I enjoy in them!!! They fit fine, in fact a bit loose in the hips and thighs, but the waist is killer tight! The TT should help that---anyway I am holding my breath and hoping!!!!

Well, I am going to go see what has happened on the board, for some reason I am not getting a single email notification, and I hate that!!! I use them to link to the thread, or I have to go through all the hassle of finding us again!!! Hope it gets fixed soon!!!

Talk to y'all soon.

Kat