Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ May 2008 Chat

Thought I'd start the new thread for us. I couldn't find one already done.

Sherry

Edited by SherryW

Hey everyone.....I took tomorrow off so I could run around and clean my house for my son's 18th birthday party tomorrow. Need to pick up burgers, hot dogs, Buns and sub rolls for meatball subs etc etc. Nerve wracking getting it all done but, I will :thumbup: Seems funny to ask for tomorrow off when I had all of last week off but, I have over 225 vacation hours to take yet. Tired of not taking days off actually...getting burned out so it's best I take them.

Has anyone tried the snack food "Pirate's Booty" ? It's kinda like a cheese curl except healthier for you. 1 oz is 130 calories but, 1 oz is quite a bit. Nice and crunchy if you're going to snack ya know? Just finished some yummy.

So this fill of mine has calmed down...to the point that I feel like I can eat a freaking house. WTF? One day heartburn/reflux...now....geesh! I just don't get these bands sometimes. Finicky little things sometimes huh? When I first got the fill I could barely eat or drink for 4 days or so...then TOM came...then bingo I can now eat. I lost 4 pounds then gained 3 back geesh! I guess I was dehydrated. Anywho.....just the tipsy turvy life of band life I guess.

So what's everyone's plans for the weekend? I have the party on Saturday and then an IET (Integrated Energy Therapy) class all day Sunday. (It's like accupressure treatment) So my weekend will fly by for sure. Looking forward to having friends over Saturday though. Ya'll are invited if you're in the neighborhood *hint, hint* someone come visit NE sometime ok? lol

Work...it's still crazy. I was kinda numb with it all this week for some reason. I guess just getting back from vacation and all. I went through the motions and got my work done but, hoping I'll be full steam again next week. I'm suppose to be moving offices again (4th time since I've been in that building - less than 3 years) Seems I keep downsizing each. I started in a cubicle, went to a huge 20 x 15 office, to one that's about 12x12 to now one that's about 10x10. At least this one has a window :thumbup: So now I'm waiting for our IT person to move my computers (yeap I work on two..two different billing and email systems) then I can move my personal stuff and files. Hopefully he'll be moving my computers for me tomorrow while I'm out. Then I can move my stuff on Monday.

Well DH is out there snoring on the couch....DS is in his room playing video games and oh yea...he broke out with some funky rash on his right side. I'm praying its not shingles :wub: He said it's really sore and it just started. He's had chicken pox before so it's not that but, I know that means he could get shingles. I haven't changed soaps or anything. I'm going to have to take a peek at it again in the morning and he may have to go into the docs just to be sure. Boy oh boy! I'm pooped.....should be making a "TO DO" list for tomorrow and Saturday morning huh? My ExHusband is suppose to be bringing the ice cream cake and munchies but, I haven't heard from him since he said he would bring it. Grrrr I like knowing for sure it's coming and he hasn't responded to emails. Drives me insane! Fortunately the grocery store is around the corner if I need to quickly pick up a Carvel Cake. Suppose to have 10-12 teen boys here all playing Wii plus family for this party. We'll see what happens. Doesn't it aggrevate you when people don't RSVP? grrrrrrrrrrr oh well. I can always freeze the burgers and hotdogs for my son's graduation party next month....then i'm done with parties! (ok for now anyway hahaha)

Just checking in----so I get notices (sometimes) for the right thread.

If you missed it, I updated one section of good news for Manda, on the April thread---my mind was numb to the thought of starting a new one----thanks Sherry!

Kat

Oh yeah---my DH bought me a beautiful new ring! My old one was too big...it was just a cheapie I was wearing in the interim. He felt safe buying this band---it is gold with inlaid diamonds across the top. My rings are mostly white gold, one is platinum---I said not long ago, I would like to someday have a gold band to wear......now I have it! It feels so small compared to what I have been wearing!!

He always sends me pink flowers for May Day----today they never come! He brought them home----and finally made me look at the ribbon, and it was tied on to the ribbon! I think I will keep him!

Night!

Hi all. I just wanted to subscribe to this thread. I started my motorcycle class tonight. It was 4 hours tonight, then 8 hours sat and sunday. Tonight it was classroom time, then Sat and Sun will be time on their bikes, they told us tonight that the bikes were pre-dropped and for us not to worry. LOL It was a great night. I'm excited about it all. I'm off to bed. Night all, Mandy

Mandy you're going to love the riding part. You really do learn alot. There will be times they're going to tell you to do something and you're going be "DO WHAT!" oh yea...you'll be leaning that bike almost on its side and riding up on the opposite side of that bike to make the lovely figure 8. You know...the thing that you'll probably and more than likely never have to do in your lifetime. They had us riding over 4x4 boards too one right after the other.When they ever told me that I thought...ok here is how you learn how to dump your bike hahaha. I hope you have great riding weather because around here they do it rain or shine...I was thankful it was a cool but sunny day. We rode from 7am until 7pm...my arms were killing me when I got home but I loved it! Have fun!

Kat....that was a very romantic thing your DH did. I think that's great! Do put up a picture of your new ring sometime - I'd love to see it!

Kat, I agree that was very romantic. He's a keeper for sure. Tell him that I said they must have made his heart 2 times bigger last time they worked on it :wub:

Sherry, it is rain or shine and it's gonna rain on sat. I don't care I'll be riding. I've waited forever for this. ~Mandy

Kat its so good to read the good news on Manda!!! fingers and toes are crossed for the cardio clearance. and I would agree the Rick is definitely a keeper.

have a great day everyone

I hear ya there Mandy...I would of rode in the rain as well because I really wanted to learn. Besides...we're bound to get caught in the rain sometime while we're out there :wub:

sherry and mandy, i envy you both! at one time in my life, it's all i ever wanted, to own & ride....now, well.. too many years. can i livve vicariously through you both? :party:

We get caught in a rainstorm at least once or twice a year!!! Once many years ago, I was riding behind DH---on our way to a rally, and it started to rain on us. It was big huge drops at first, the kind that really soak you----then it turned to little tiny fast rain, and felt like pin pricks on your face!!! Well (no one yell) I was wearing a bandana, without a helmet....and it eventually quit raining, about the time we hit the interstate. So imagine a frozen bandana plastered to your forehead!!! It was wet, then we picked up speed.....It all but stuck to my head.

So the whole time this is going on---I am giggling hysterically---which shocked the hell outta DH!! But with my head butting him in the shoulder, all I can think about is the song......"The things we do for Love....through the rain and the snow, and there's nowhere to go, when your feelin' like a part of you is dyin....." Not exact on the words, but maybe you remember it, I don't remember who sang it even---but it reverberted in my head for miles in the rain!!! HOWEVER I was not just going because Rick wanted to---I love it too!!!

He just got a chopper.....seriously. 9 foot---and old Honda CB750. Looks pretty cool, cannot see myself sitting on that little narrow seat.....guess I will have to suck it up and see about riding again myself......not too sure about that though!

I agree Diane----it is never too late. I have not rode alone in 2 years now---but occasionally it still makes me wanna, so I am sure I will again. I have moved my bike around from the front to the back, and taken it down the road....but not RODE it to speak of.

We usually ride with Becky and Gary----they have a big bike too--I'd show you ours but I cannot do pictures.....anyway, Beck is talking about learning to ride, so we'll see!!!

Moronic cardiologists made Manda an appointment for her echocardiogram, and left her a message at home, as opposed to calling her cell or her at work---the appointment is for late July! She will have to call Monday and tell them Hell No!

Anyway.....I ate too much dinner. Went to our favorite little home owned mexican food place, I always push it there!!! But it is SOOOOO good!!! I brought lots home, will have lunch for a couple days before I get scared and toss the rest!

Will check in with you guys tomorrow. Mandy have fun, learn lots....and be safe!!!

Huggles~

Kat

Hi Chickies,

Its been an aweful week. We had to put down my darling Susie. She had cancer an her tumor was just so big she wasn't eating anymore and could barely walk. It was the first time in 20 years I saw my DH cry. My DD said "daddy, I didn't know you could cry." My house and heart feel so empty.

I need to bite the bullet and just go for a fill...yeah I've been saying that for a year now but I've gained 10 lbs back :( WTF. My boss is out this week so hmmmm wednesday sounds like a good time to go.

Sherry hope DS had a good birthday :) Sorry your fill is acting ******-up. Mine does too. But boy can I eat.

Kat I'll be praying for your DD :) oh and congrats on the new ring...you go girl.

Mandy have fun with the bike

Diane we'll both envy the girls and their bikes. I wouldn't dare get one here. To much road rage in these parts.

Jetti...how ya doing sweetie? how is your band?

Betty Boop !! :)

Well kiddies, I must go clean upstairs, the fish tank and the hamster cage. I have a 2 PM dinner date with a friend :)

Where's the rest of the gang????? anyone hear from Cindy, Beanie, etc.???

Pat !!! I see you !!!

Forgot to add a picture of my beloved Susie....

post-204862-13813137034687_thumb.jpg

Edited by NJChick

Eileen, my heart just breaks for you. I know that pain all too well from when I lost my darling kitty baby hobbes a few years ago. He had pancreatic cancer and I lost him very quickly. The pain gets better but never goes away. I still cry for him sometimes. I'll go to bed and be really tired and I long for him to curl up at my side and keep me warm and safe. We adopted another cat several months after he passed, it took me 4 tries to even be able to get all the way in the shelter. We would drive all the way there and I would just bust out in tears and come home. Remember, you have suffered a great loss, allow yourself to grieve. Keep an eye on the little one too. My daughter seemed to take it very well, and then we discovered that she was crying alone in her room when we thought she was playing. Now is a great chance to explain loss and heartache to her. Again, I'm sorry for your loss. My love to your entire family. I posted this in Feb for Signgirl, it helped us when we lost Hobbes, maybe it will comfort you too:

Weep not for me though I am gone

Into that gentle night

Grieve if you will, but not for long

Upon my soul's sweet flight.

I am at peace, my soul's at rest

There is no need for tears.

For with your love I was so blessed

For all those many years.

There is no pain, I suffer not,

The fear now all is gone.

Put now these things out of your thoughts,

In your memory I live on.

Remember not my fight for breath

Remember not the strife

Please do not dwell upon my death,

But Celebrate my life.

such a beautiful picture of Susie...HUGS!!!!

I just wanted to stop in and tell you all about my NSV today. I just completed the 5K Susan G Komen Race for the Cure at Branch Brook Park in Newark NJ. Not only did I finish the 5K of the race I also walked 1 mile to the race and about 1.5 miles home from the race!!! So in total I walked about 5.5 miles and I AM STILL ALIVE!!!! Granted my feet are a little sore but hey I will take that over not being able to breath any day! I didnt feel out of breath at all through out the race. Now I didnt run because lets be serious I would have passed out 3 minutes into it but I did keep up a fast pass walk and was even sweating even though its a chilly cloudy day here in NJ. So...YAY ME!!

have a great Sunday ladies!

Eileen, I'm so very sorry for the loss of Susie. The grief at losing a long loved pet runs so deep. I have been typing and backspacing it all away, two or three times now....and still there are no words. All I wish for you right now is the knowlege that I understand the depth of your grief...and that I'm hugging you right now.

Also Hello out there to all of ya! ...Thinkin' of each and every one of you :blush: