Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb '07 Bandsters May Exercise Challenge

Ok, here it is as promised.

Decide what your exercise goals are for the month, and post it here. Then come in here and BE ACCOUNTABLE for doing what you said you'd do.

Let's get MOVING in May!

I reset my goals.

I'm going for 1380 minutes of exercise this month (it works out to be 1 hour 5 days a week). I hope someone joins me, it's awful lonely in here.

That's a pretty lofty goal! :wub:

I'm off to a fairly pathetic start, all I did yesterday was one 15 minute session. I'll do better today, though.

"I'm late, but I'm in," she says in a small voice.

Hi Guys , I don't have a "goal", but I am dancing my butt off "literally":rolleyes2: for 3 hours a day with my music classes to get them ready for our big show next week. My jeans are a'saggin for sure , but I hate to spend the

$ for new ones yet w/ summer coming. I'll just have to make sure that I get some intense exercise in after the show is over since I've been dancing like this 5 days a week for the past few months.

Hey!!! I'm over the 100 lb. loss mark now - WOOHOO !!:thumbup: and almost to onederland. The Dr. asked me to come to his seminars and talk to people about it , but I'd like to be offered some kind of perk to do so. Is that selfish ? They make so much off of these surgeries. I don't know. I am pretty comfortable talking about it. 2 other teachers at my school have gotten it since they've seen my success.

A year ago I wouldn't have imagined I'd feel this good now. Hope you all are doing great also ! Gotta go - School's out !!! Yeah !!!

hI everyone!

I'm here too. Getting a late start. Just got back last night from this week of travel. My allergies are acting up now so feel like poo poo.

I'm going to workout 3 times a week for 45min.

Congrats Andrea! dancing is so fun. I'd rather do that than a treadmill

Welcome redfred

Okay. I was rear-ended in the grocery store parking lot at the end of April. It was a low-speed incident with minor damage to my car, but I still got whiplash because of how I was positioned (honking - watching over my shoulder in disbelief) when hit. And, really, what better excuse is there to stop exercising? And so I did. :w00t: I mean, come on!

Here it is the middle of May & I'm still very stiff. My neck hurts. Period. But I'm going to have to get used to that, I believe, because it just isn't getting better. So I plan to get back to as much of my workout routine as possible anyhow. Realistically, I don't/shouldn't have to move my head all that much on the treadmill anyway. I doubt I'll be up to crunches on the Ab Lounge though!

My weight loss, which had resumed in April - thanks to that exercise challenge, has stalled out again. And I refuse to waste this 2nd/last year of LapBand-assisted weigh LOSS by sitting on my butt whining! Because we only get about 2 years worth of HELP on the downward run before the Band serves as a control/maintenance tool & any additional loss is through old-fashioned methods again!

I'm not gonna set a numerical goal for May, but I'll post each workout I actually get in. How does that sound? :thumbup:

2 so far...

2 more, bringing me up to 4 for May.

Zannie,

Sounds good to me. I'm off to slow start too. I was also in car accident, except it was me rear ending a car. So i'm been busy trying to find another car. I sprained my ankle from pressing on the brakes during impact but it's better now. I'm so stressed from this. I'm also still feeling bad. I know waht you mean about the 2 year thing. I'm feeling the same way. Gotta use this tool this year and buckle down.

Great job TG.

Okay... 2 more, that makes it 6 this month for me.

Oh, and my son graduated from preschool today. :lol: :rolleyes2: I'm fairly sure sobbing burns major calories because I sure feel exhausted when I'm finished!:P:target:

well I totally blew this month. Can't believe it's almost over. I've been so busy. Here it is 9:30 and i'm barely eating dinner. worked late....

Yea Zannie's son! I think crying definitely burns calories. I went shopping this weekend for some cruise wear. I was able to fit in a few 12's....I've only lost 3lbs but i'll take it...