Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wondering about the scars that are left on the tummy after banding. Does anyone know where i can see some pictures post opp? I would love to see some post opp, 1month, 6 months, 1yr, so on. Also if u just want to discribe yours i would be glad to hear about them. I have seen Lisa's scars after her opperation with DR Billy, they r looking much much better! Thank u so much for sharing!! It would be great to see scars where someone did not have complications too.

My scars look great! As a matter of fact the 4 small ones I can barely see, I have to look real close to find them. The larger incision just blends in with my stretch marks, it is only about an inch at best, has healed over beautifully. I have a very tan stomach so my scar doesn't look bad at all, I do use sunscreen over it so it does not turn dark brown. People are amazed when I show them my scar on how good it looks and how small it is. Every doctor has the basic 5 incision technique but all Dr.'s scars range in size a bit and how they stitch them closed. My doctor used glue to close my incisions no stitches.THe scars are not bad at all. Nothing to really worry about, in the big picture of things it is worth it in my opinion

I took pictures of my scars TODAY! Funny how you should say this! I am going to get them back tomorrow and post them by tomorrow night. I will post them under this thread if I can. They look great. I am 13 days post op tomorrow.

Jenna

I can no longer find 3 of my four scars, and the fourth is very small. (I think most doctors make 5 incisions, though.) The smaller ones are more like puncture wounds than incisions. It's amazing how they disappear!

After you're sure your incisions are closed, you can put Vitamin E oil on them. My largest (port) is about 1 inch, just a tiny pink line. I can't find the others (just a little puncture). My incisions were "glued" and covered with surgi-strips. They healed very well - smooth, flush, no problems.

My scars are still very pink. I have 4 small lines about 1 inch long, and one that is about 2 inches. I had my gall bladder taken out 9yrs ago and have 5 other little scars from that, they don't show much. (Plus having had 3 c-sections and ga-zillions of stretch marks from 10 lb. babies). The old scars look like someone drew on me with a white pencil- that's how thin the scar lines are.

I know one thing, this body is NEVER going to be able to wear a bikini. Even with a TT. But those little scars sure make me darn proud that I did this, I feel SOOOO much better then I've felt in a long time!!

Pati, my tummy sounds like yours... 3 c-sections, a HUGE gallbladder scar (probably 8 inches long) then the port scar. Alot like war wounds - wouldnt trade any of em for nothing! *no bikini for this momma*

Like the others have said - out of 5 incisions, my port scar and 1 of the small ones are the only ones I can find (from band surgery).

Mine are still purple, but they're fading more and more each day. I agree, they're more like puncture wounds than scars. Oh boy, pictures, I love when everyone shares pictures.

Unless you are looking for my scars you will not see them I am 6 weeks out and I had 4 cuts the largest for my port on the left side is 1 inch long and the others are about 1/4 of an inch.. Not bad at all.. I could take a photo if you would like and try to post them.. From the info. I have read almost every Dr. places them a tad differant. I'm not sure why... Good luck..

well you all are lucky I keloided on my scars...but I would do it again in a minute...I will even wear a bikini when I am down to bikini size!:)

Well I'm only 2 weeks post op and my incisions look really good. They are healing nicely but are still red. I am using Mederma on mine and that should help them look even lighter!!!!

My port incision is 1.5 inches and the other 4 are .5 inch, and all are healing nicely. I'm still pretty scabby, and the places where the glue and tape held me togehter are still quite angry looking. (I have very sensitive skin.) I expect all these scars to fade to nearly invisiblilty, based on my gall bladder scars. (sorry you have the nasty scar Paula!)

OKAY!!! You asked for it so here it is!! I hope a moderator can put the images out of links and into the post for me. ((hint hint))

THESE PICTURES ARE 12 DAYS POST OP!

Both pictures show the very minmal scars/incisions. The bruising I had was very minimal. The brown/yellow rings you see around the actual incisions is NOT bruising but is the leftover "superglue" still. I take a shower EVERY day and wash them but they are slow to come off. From what I gather, they "glue" the incisions, let that dry, then put a "coating of glue" over and around the incisions again. The scab had just fallen off on the top incision so it is a little pink, my bra had scuffed it off. The only real bruising i got was the one top of the belly button. The one that was the most sore was the longer port incision.

I am VERY happy with the size of them and the expertise in the cut! I know that I am a fast healer but I expect that I would be hard pressed to find the smaller ones in 6 months. I will just keep posting updates on this thread as I go along. I plan to take another picture at 6-8 weeks post op, another at 6 mo, then another at a year.

ENJOY MY BELLY!!!!!!!!

post-204351-13813131770548_thumb.jpg

thank u thank u Jenna! Ur the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel much better! If someone wants to post some 1 yr post or like 6 months that would be great too!!!