Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 10th Bandsters - Check In

Guest Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay Turler - I'm in your world girl! I think I'm too tight. I had a fill a week and a half ago. Once I moved to solids I thought - okay - I just need to "relearn" how to chew. Nope! Mushies are coming back on me. It seems every time I eat (well most of the time) - I'm in the bathroom within 15 minutes - PBing. I haven't actually thrown up - but yuck! PB is nasty!

I'm hoping they'll let me get a small unfill this week. I'm e-mailing the OTC today to see if I can come in. If I eat anything solid it gets stuck - no matter what. It eventually goes down (either on its own or after I have a PB episode). I'm miserable! I prayed for restriction - boy did I get it...LOL

L2L: Oh No!!! I don't wish it on anyone! Too tight does not mean more weight loss! I've learned that for sure. You will find you'll just eat around it...shakes, mushies, etc. I did lose 2 pounds while on vacation, but trust me...it wasn't because I tried! I had at least 2 Starbucks Fraps a day, plenty of alcohol and lots of yummy food!! The only thing I can say for myself is that we walked and hiked everyday!!!! My clothes are looser despite my attempt to sabotage my weight loss! It's okay though...I went into it with no plans of losing ANY weight so the way I see it, I WON!! LOL

Okay, sorry...back to you. I hope you can get in today. I think just the slightest unfill would do wonders for me, so I'm sure you'd feel the same too. It's been a while since your fill, so I'd venture to say that any swelling should be gone by now. How much do you have in your band?

~Carol

Guest Leslie2Lose

I have 6.5 in a 10 cc band. I'm thinking taking out .5 would put me where I need to be. Leslie (our nurse at the fill center) called me and can get me in today at 2:00. I'll be so thankful to be able to eat again. I'd rather be too loose than too tight. At least the looseness isn't painful! I've either been in pain or just plain grossed out the last couple of weeks. I haven't lost anything in almost 6 weeks....well 2 pounds...but like you the inches are coming off. Can the doctor not get you in for an unfill?

My doctor will not unfill me! I am at a loss. I've tried to adjust to this, and there are days that I do okay, and other times things are disastrous. I just don't know what to make of it. I only want like .25 cc out. Well, I guess I'm back to "behaviour modification". Whatever. I am throwing up several times a week now. He is aware of this and tells me I'm eating to fast or not chewing well enough. If this keeps up, I have half a mind to unfill myself!

By the way...I'm confused. What is the difference between vomiting and PBing???

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

PB (Productive Burp) to me is the slime coming up in the back of my throat from my stomach when I burp. Vomiting involves food. I've had a little food come up - but everything is chewed so well - it's nasty looking - just different colors. I haven't heaved any or choked while I pb'd. I do it when I burp actually - I've had to run to the bathroom on several occassions. I guess I needed to just carry a cup around with me. Sorry if I got too graphic...

It sounds like your doc is being unreasonable to me. I've adjusted my behavior the past couple of weeks - and like you didn't get results. I couldn't imagine having to go through this hell as long as you have.

Thanks Leslie,

Yeah. I have been actually vomiting. It's as you describe...nicely pureed and colorful. I just can't figure out what's causing it. Some days are just fine, and others aren't. I am definitely frustrated and not sure how to address this with him again. I think he is being unreasonable too. Of course, I have no idea how his nurse is delivering the message to him either. She is a not-so-friendly type that tends to roll her eyes and make you feel bad for calling. Even when you're in person she has a way of making you feel like you are bothering her. Nice, huh? Gives us nurses a bad rep!

Good luck at your appointment. I hope you get some relief!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

How's everyone?

Turler - I know how you are (hugs)

Karly?

Dream Size 8?

Any other April 10th bandsters? There were quite a few of us. I hope everyone is doing alright.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Since this thread is dorment I thought I'd liven it up again. We just passed our five month anniversary. How's everyone doing?

I'm down 45 pounds (from 259 to 214) and believe I'm finally at my sweet spot. I've gone from a 22/24W to 14/16 misses and dropped a shoe size (surprised me).

I was exercising like crazy for months and have lost my drive. I still get to the gym and need to buckle down more. I was on a plateau for over a month (closer to two) and finally broke through it this month. The weight is starting to come off again.

How about ya'll?

Hey Hey. How is everyone? I'm just checking in. I am down 60 pounds as of today. I got my first fill about 3 weeks ago now. It was tight. But the past week it seems to have gotten tighter. I have PBed a few times in the last few days. But I did notice that I was eating to fast a few times

My depression has gotten better. I dont have any episodes of my crying break downs anymore. All in all I think I am doing pretty well right now.

WOW! 60 lbs!! You are rockin'!

Tell me your secrets!

secrets? haha. um...I play ddr ALOT..LOL I think thats what helped me recently. being active.

Hi Everyone. Been gone a while. Some "too much work" weeks, coupled with my husband's business woes wearing on me, a small medical issue, and we tore out our bathroom to fix up before the world decided to throw us a couple of curves.

Anyway, dealing with it all, but just barely. I started eating as my band was far more open a month after last fill, and it was okay for a while but started getting out of hand (no problem eating bags of sour cream and onion potato chips and crackers), so I called my surgeon and he had a last minute opening and he really tightened me up. I'm not only feeling restricted, I'm barely getting down liquids. But he said it would begin to loosen a little in a few days, and maybe going back to liquids for a few days will be good for me. Cleansing.

My scale broke. I bought a new one that's supposed to be very good, but there is a three pound difference between my old and new scale. Lighter. Doctor's scale is actually 2 pounds more than this new one. What do you do? I can't constantly add 3 pounds and who says the old one was right? It was slightly off from the doctor's as well. I guess every home scale can be slightly different and this one doesn't have a thingee to change it. I think I should treat the doctor's as official and the rest as just a way to track, rather than the "gospel".

Anyway, off to the medical supply store. Seems I have venous insufficiency (no, doesn't mean I don't get loved enough) and have to protect my legs more. Oy yey!

Edited by gdf18

Hi. I'm not sure if I pressed the correct reply button. Please forgive me if this is not the correct way to ask questions!

I had surgery on April 11, 2008 in TJ Mexico. I just found this great website. Can I join your group? If yes, I'm not sure how to do it. It's very reassuring and encouraging to read through your postings over the past 5 months. Congratulations to everyone!!! I've had a few issues, but keep plugging along. It would help a lot to chat with people who are in my time frame. Thanks and I look forward to chatting with all of you!