Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 10th Bandsters - Check In

Guest Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

Yesterday was our One Week Anniversary. How is everyone doing?

I'm doing great! Bloating finally went down and moved from liquids to mushies today - which thrills me. Incisions are good. Port is still sore if I move the wrong way, but was actually able to sleep on it last night (it is in my left shoulder/breast area). I haven't had anything come back on me and am trying to learn when to stop with my eating. It is a weird experience to fill up so fast. Leftovers I believe will be come my friend. I hope everyone is healing well.

Hey Leslie,

I'm glad you are doing so well. I am doing pretty good, much better now that I got to move from liquids to full liquids. Your on mushies? I'm so jealous. I am sore too, port site mainly. I'm ready to get to normal eating and fills and watching this weight go aren't you?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Today is April 10th's two week anniversary. How is everyone?

Honestly - I am almost completely healed on the outside. I seem to have more restriction in the mornings. I am still hungry about 1 1/2 hours after I eat, but I think that is due to still being in the "mushies" phase.

Please let us know how you are. I'm down 24 pounds, but have been at a standstill since Saturday....the scale goes up and down each day.

I go for my fill on 5/22. What about everyone else???

Wow, Leslie, sounds like your doing great. I just started my mushie phase today. Your incisions are almost completely healed? WOW! I am way behind, mine aren't, and I believe I am having an allergic reaction to something, my itching is progressing, I seem to have a rash on my stomach. I'm going to try to call my surgeons office tomorrow, but something in the back of my mind tells me that I remember they are closed on Fridays, I hope not!

HELLLLOOOOOO!!!

I'm glad to see you two are doing well!

Karly1: Are you using band-aids over your incision sites? Sometimes the adhesive can get irritating on your skin. If you're not using band-aids, is your clothing rubbing on your incisions? That can really irritate them and keep them from healing. You may to cover them (no ointment though unless your doctor says to) just to keep a padding between them and your clothes. Hope that helps!

Leslie: Girl you are rockin'!!! Look at you...24 pounds lost??? Fantastic! I'm glad you got to advance...I can now have Peanut Butter and eggs! WOO HOO! I still don't feel full for long. Everything just slips right through the band. Can't wait for regular food!

I am doing well. I don't have a scheduled exercise session on the days I work. I work 12 hour shifts and run my ass off the whole time. The other days I've been doing okay. I walk, but have been released to start riding my bike. YAY!!! I'd rather ride any day!

I took my measurements today. I know I'm a little late, but couldn't find my measuring tape, so had to buy a new one! I want to use that as NSV down the line. I wrote down everything! Neck, ankles, knees, forearms, wrists and ring size!! Overkill???? LOL

~C

Wow congrats to everyone. I am down 14 lbs as of a couple of days ago. I am feeling pretty well, kinda go back and forth which hurts or bothers me more. I also had an ACL surgery in February so while I was off work thought I would give myself a whole body fixing. LOL I went to the gym and walked 30 min today, but I am still in physical therapy for the knee so it still swells a little. This is kinda like we all have the same Birthday.:rolleyes:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay - I'm putting a big shout out to the April 10th Avengers. How's everyone?

I'm doing about the same as last week as how I am feeling. I'm still sore at my port site, but other than that feel like my old self again. I went back to the gym last night. I only managed 15 minutes on the elliptical machine before I was exhausted. I guess I'm going to have to work my way back up to the 45 minutes I could do before. Is anyone else exercising?

I'd gained 4-5 lbs during my second week post op (which was frustrating because I was eating so little). I actually lost all of that this past week. Whoohoo! I am really looking forward to my first fill and having some restriction (hopefully). My fill is scheduled for May 22nd - Three weeks and counting...When is yours?

I'm making a vow right now to NOT weigh again until next Thursday!!! Anyone else want to join the not weighing a thousand times a day bandwagon? Looking for pledgers...

Edited by Leslie2Lose

Okay - I'm putting a big shout out to the April 10th Avengers. How's everyone?

I'm doing pretty darn good! I've lost a bit and am starting to feel much better. I was put down for the count this past weekend over an unguarded sneeze!! LOL But, I have since recovered from that (took 2 days...Good Lord!) and only notice my port with certain positioning.

Is anyone else exercising?

Yes, I am walking. Mostly just neighborhood walks...quick/brisk pace, but not Marathon material just yet. I'm walking several nights a week. Was given clearance to ride my bike, but am leary for fear of falling and dislodging the band or something crazy! I think I may just wait a few more weeks before biking.

When is yours?

My first fill is schedule for May 16th. I'm really excited...I am eager to see how this baby works, but I'm also so eager to taste and chew real food!

I'm making a vow right now to NOT weigh again until next Thursday!!! Anyone else want to join the not weighing a thousand times a day bandwagon? Looking for pledgers...

More power to ya! I cannot tell a lie...I could never commit to that at this stage. I'm enjoying the changes and even when the scales stalls, I am not willing to not look at it! LOL You'll have to keep searching for someone to take you up on that!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Well - I lasted 9 hours on my no weigh challenge. I suck...lol....the scale just draws me in. I just can't help myself! I was so happy this morning - broke through that two week plateau - down 2 pounds. I did the happy dance in my bathroom in my birthday suit! It wasn't pretty - the cat even ran away...

LOL...9 whole hours???? How ever did you do it? I knew I couldn't commit to it. I would never have lasted that long!!!!

I'm glad you broke through. Good for you! {{{hugs}}}

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi all! I can't believe it has already been two months since we were banded. I'd love to hear from all of you!

Here's my update:

Leslie2Lose

34 pounds lost

22/24 to 14/16 clothing

Waiting for my first fill (sigh):thumbup:. Hopefully if all goes well it'll be Friday. I'm ready for some restriction. This past week has been really hard for me to stay on track. My willpower is diminishing! I've been snacking WAY too much and eating the wrong things.

Hi Leslie!

I got my second real fill. I am so restricted now that I can't even eat Breakfast and barely lunch. I am really tight in the mornings. I left a message with the doctor to see if I need a tiny unfill. I am glad to finally not be so hungry though! But I don't really want to be limited to shakes every morning.

I am starting to lose weight though. YAY! I don't know, maybe this is the way it's supposed to be and I just don't know it!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oohhh I can't wait. I am probably asking for trouble, but I'm the opposite now - LOL!!!

Do you have a 10cc band? I do, I think the docs going to start me at 4cc's. I may have a little bit left from surgery - we'll find out I guess. I am hungry, but I can't pig out like I could before I got my band. I can eat about half of what I used to could. Thank goodness!

Are you exercising?

Hey guys!

Leslie......... dropping that many sizes is so awesome...... in just 2 months. We are anxiously waiting for Friday with ya when you have your revision. Let us know how you are as soon as you feel like it.

Turler......... Congrats on the restriction....... how long did you have to wait between 1st and 2nd fill? (I know I can probly find where you already said but I am lazy), lol. How much do you have now? You may have said, but I can't see at this moment. I have 3 cc on first fill. First fill stung and I still have a fairly large bruise beside my port site/scar towards my belly button from the fill, it did hurt for a while after. I do have restriction, but, can still eat more than I want to. I'm hoping that I will be able to get another fill at the end of the month. Something tells me my surgeon is going to be a little difficult about the fills. :grouphug:. :behindsofa:

Truly though, look how far we have already come!! Blessed ...Blessed... Blessed!

Guest Leslie2Lose

To be honest the 22/24 were baggy on me - but most of the 18/20's were too tight. I guess I was kinda in between sizes when I started. I'm ready for my revision! I'll let ya'll know something when I'm up and about.