Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fills oh the drama

I went for a pre-op check up.

My port flipped and was moved.

I asked the surgeon to do a fill today.

My first fill was in Mexico with the xray... didn't hurt at all.

I believe they only poked me once.

Today without the xray lying on my back... I was a friggin pin cushion.

I had to be numbed twice, not numbed first time.

I was stuck so many times I lost count.

I have the MidBand and the port is a lot smaller, but geeze.

So now I'm at 3cc in a 4cc band.

I really hope I don't have to go through that again.

Anyone with fill issues.... get the xray fills.

I'll make the trip back to Mexico next time I think.

This surgeon is 10 minutes from my work, super easy, but ouchhhhh.

Hmmm

I really hope I don't have to have any more.:thumbup:

WOW! I went for my first fill on Tuesday and my doctor pushed around on my belly and then marked me with a marker, cleaned the area and then stuck the needle in. I didn't even know the needle was in and out until he told me I could sit up. The only strange thing was that I could hear my tummy grumbling while the saline went into the band.

I can't beleive your band is so full either. I have a 10 cc band and it was filled with 2 cc. How has your weight loss been? Have you lost a lot or has it been slow? My doctor wasn't even going to give me a fill because I had lost 25lbs in about 5 weeks, but I hadn't lost anything in 1 1/2 weeks, so he agreed to give me a fill. I'm just curious how your weight loss is going with such a small band and being filled so much.

I was banded Thanksgiving.

I had lost 30.

I had gained 2 pounds since seeing the surgeon last week.

I ate two foot long sandwiches yesterday, dam Subway.

One at lunch and one at dinner, not two at once.

But still that's a lot of food at one sitting.

I never had a lot of restriction even though I was able to loose weight.

Yeah... the fill sucked. She numbed me up so it didn't really hurt, but I have no desire to do that again.

So now I'm at 3cc in a 4cc band.

I really hope I don't have to go through that again.

Ouch on the pin cushion.:thumbup:

I have the Midband and if I'm not mistaken the Midband has 9.5 cc. Check in the packaging your doctor should have given you. Sounds like you need another fill. Everyone reaches restricion at different levels. Depends on the amount of fat around your stomach. I reached my first good "sweet spot" at 5.5. Every time you lose weight you lose fat around your stomach. Then it's time for another fill..

Good luck.

I'm not sure what a mid band is, but so far the two fills I've had were super easy. They found it in one stick. But, my belly is 14 inches smaller than my rear end, so I don't have much fat to go through to get to the port. My friend "D" that got banded a week after me had major problems with her first fill. They stuck her several times and then had to get her a fluro done because they just couldn't find the port because her belly was just too big. My fill center has a 2-stick max. If they can't get it on the second stick they do a fluro or find somebody else who can do it. Good luck.

I had a similar experience when they tried to fill me but my port flipped. This resulted in a ton of needle pricks in my stomach and lots of bruising from them pushing down and trying to find it.

I thought I would never be able to get a fill again. However, it's much better now that I have had so many fills. I don't feel it and if I don't feel confident in someone's ability to find it I tell them that I want to see someone else.