Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, Everyone....I think I'll be the contrarian voice here...

Hey what do you all think about letting this thread die a natural death and start a new conversation in the lap band lounge? It could be

lap band vs. gastric bypass. I would like to see this thread not get anymore attention.

Until the thread is locked, it will likely never "die"---but as long as the tone has taken a turn for the better, it doesn't bother me one bit where it is.

The bypass vs. banding is out there, on past threads, and of course everyone thinks their choice is best for the most part!!!

Personally, I had health reasons that virtually dictated what surgery I had, and feel like whatever works for someone is obviously the right one for them!!! They ALL have downsides I am sure....just as they ALL have highlights that we enjoy.

The one point of this thread, even from the beginning, was through the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, it got people talking about the band, and to those looking into it---we all need to make wise choices, and I am sure many have learned from your post Brandy, to insist on full discussion with the Dr. before surgery, concerning the follow up issues. Just as I am sure many people now know at the first sign of irritation at the port site to see the Dr. due to the OP's issues.

If you seriously want the thread gone, the best way is to discuss it with a moderator and ask for it to be locked. But with the civility returned, I don't know if they will.

Kat

Thanks, but I tend to be the type of person that seems to know what's going on so maybe I gave that impression and they went with it. I know what you mean by getting too much info as opposed to not enough. My daughter does have a different surgeon who actually volunteered in Iraq and came back to the group. My daughter feels very confident that she's getting a lot of info from her. But you know in a way too I knew my daughter really wanted the surgery and I wanted to go through everything first, kind of like a guinea pig for her just in case there were probs I didn't want her to have them first I wanted to make sure I survived before I let my baby do it. Anyway thanks, brandyII.

AthinnnerDenise,

I don't care where the thread is, I just keep answering questions from my last post, to be honest I don't remember what was the first thread anyway! brandyII

We have talked about locking this thread. It seems that everything has calmed down for now, so I guess if it stays that way, things will be fine.

Please report anyone who does not follow the lap band talk rules, such as name calling.

Brandy II, not only do I not think you're a dumbass - you just plain make me laugh! You made me think of something though when talking about your dad. It takes about a teaspoon of wine to get me wasted. I was warned about this before banding but since I hardly ever drink, I didn't think much of it. Absolutely no alcohol in public anymore - not because I make myself look (more) stupid, but because I need to go to sleep - immediately!!

My "bad" foods have always been the salty/fatty ones. And Tostitos and queso slip down just fine, darn it!!

I'm trying to use the willpower I don't have (birth defect) to just not buy them. Sometimes I'm successful and sometimes I'm not. I think my problem is with planning. Wish I'd paid better attention in home ec.

David,

there are many of us who have recently had the lap band. We, like you, decided to be banded. Your comments are disturbing for us. I'd like statistics - how many lap band have burrowed into colons. How many ports have come through the skin. I mean you probably have all us new bandsters ready to go back to our doctors and insist that they be removed.

I'm not saying that you should not have posted this but when posting something like that maybe you should do research and state the statistics on how often things that you've experienced happen. and hopefully the stats are not high.:crying:

Knotta,

thanks, I also found tortilla chips and chili con queso do go down quite easily for me also, I forgot to add that to my repertoire, lol. But come on I didn't get the band because I was eating too many celery sticks, lol!

I remember going out to dinner after being banded and still having probs with the Protein and it was an Italian chain and I think I drank 3 lemoncellotinis or whatever they were called and that's the last time I drank my dinner as opposed to eating. Actually I just don't go out that much anymore to dinner because for the amount I eat it's not worth the money to me anymore. Maybe that's a good thing. brandyII

I will. I will totally tattle. This just isn't the forum for that.

A wise man once said "...you know by tattling on your friends you're really tattling on yourself. By tattling on your friends you're really just telling them that you're a tattletale. Now is that the tale you want to tell?:crying:

ooooooooooooooooooooooh plain I'm telling. Just wait. I am composing a VERY angry Email RIGHT NOW!:thumbup:

BrandyII- Is that off the Brady Bunch movie?