Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't/don't miss about being Obese

Also forgot to add :-

Finding it a struggle to get my own shoes on!

Trousers always getting holes between the legs

Ugly knickers and bras!

My phobia of plastic patio furniture I am convinced it will never hold me!

AHH yes the holes between the legs soo annoying! I have yet to get the band but im on my way i can not wait for the day no more holes there! the cost of having to buy more clothes is too much to keep getting them haha :tt2:

These are the things I will miss the least...

1. Being the fattest person in my family

2. Patronizing comments from others who feel obligated to say "You're not fat!" if I comment on wanting to lose weight... Please! I'm 5'3" and weigh 270 pounds. Do people really think I will say "Oh, great...I guess I will eat that!"?

3. Missionary sex

4. Granny panties

5. Feeling too tired to even shop because trying on clothes wears me out

6. Trying to always be the one with the camera so that I won't be in front of it

7. Thinking that all my high school friends look so much better than I do (I used to be the one who always got hit on first when we went out!)

Gosh, I could think of so many more if it weren't so late! There is so much I am looking forward to giving up!

lol yes the whole your not fat! I get that in school alot...I mean your older than I am and im the same height and weight as you >.< im 17 :tt2: haha I hate going shopping for clothes being 17 and still in high school its hard to find things that are nice clothes for school where no one will make fun of you..and high school friends all of mine look better event he ones that are big look better but soon ill be finally one of the girls who gets the comment "you look great today"! =D

things i wont miss

-being called fat by kids at school

-not fitting into my clothes

-being jealous of other people at my school

-not fitting into school seats with the arms

-not being able to wear a good swim suit

-not being able to walk to much and or run fast for long

- holes between the legs on pants

-hearing people make fat person jokes and feeling sad because i am one of them

- not being able to get clothes that i really want

-being picked on and teased in school

-feeling gross about what i eat

-thighs rubbing together

-being anti social

-never having a boyfriend

and soooo much more and i havnt even gotten the band on yet haha

LOVE this thread!

I won't miss...many of the things everybody else said! Plus...

*Looking at myself in family pictures with complete shame & embarassment, and throwing as many away as possible! (Consequently, not many pictures of me the last 20 years!!)

*Sitting with the old folks instead of swimming, biking, playing volleyball, softball.

*Carrying around a 'daddy max' super strong folding chair that weighs a ton because I am way over the weight limit for everything else.

*Only wearing two styles of shoes because my feet need all the support they can get.

*Wearing socks and shoes, even when it's 90! (see above)

*Wearing long pants when it's 100!

*My old 5X clothes!!!

very good list =D something made me want to say something from your list... the whole family photos your right I wont get pictures taken of me i hide in them but one thing i will do when i get this done and feel great i WILL take many pictures because then i can look at them and say wow I finally look good!:tt2:

I love this thread. I am 6 weeks post-op and I can't wait to miss some of those things. What I won't miss:

1. Looking at the latest family pictures and swearing by Christmas I will be thinner - because this year I will ACTUALLY be thinner =)

2. Feeling ashamed because I am the fattest one in my family.

3. Crying because strangers ask me when I am expecting and having to choke away tears/embarrassment when I tell them I am not.

4. Having teenage boys make the "beep-beep" sound (truck backing up) when I walk by them in the mall.

5. My son won't have the biggest mommy at daycare

6. the whole "you're not fat" comment

7. Not wanting to have sex with my hubby because i am too self-conscious/self-critical to enjoy it.

8. feeling cramped in booths at resturants.

9. Being the only fat friend

10. granny panties and ugly bras - Victoria secrets here I come!!!!

weight.png

I'm so glad someone made this thread, I've been thinking about it for awhile.

-Having to worry about breaking toilet seats (yes, I broke 2 in our old apartment last year)

-Dreading chairs with arms

-Afraid of parking in some parts of my neighborhood just because of a tiny hill

-Making my fiancee feel bad because he can't buy me clothes, especially when he worked at Old Navy

-Not being able to wear cute shoes because of the width

-Not being able to shop at most stores

-Ugly swimsuits and undergarments

-Clothes for older women in most places that do sell plus-size--just because you're fat doesn't mean you're 70!

-Not being able to try new sex positions and making my fiancee do most of the work

-Worrying about fitting into restaurant booths

-Feet hurting all the time from walking, I don't get out of breath or tired, my feet just kill me from the weight

-All the looks I get if I even have a healthy snack at work, when some people eat all day long but are thin

-Still getting called names at 24 years old. "Whale" and "600-pound gorilla" were the most recent.

-Not wanting to go to concerts anymore because I can't fit in the arena seats

-Praying that nobody has to sit next to me on the airplane

-My mother constantly criticizing my weight

-Having to buy new clothes all the time because the thighs wear out or I keep getting stains on shirts

-Being able to only wear things that stretch

-Hating blue jeans

Gah, I could go on...

I love your list! haha the whole just because we are fat doesnt mean we are 70 is the best i knowwww what you mean im only 17 and its hard to find good looking clothes that are big enough that a 17 year old would wear! that and seeing an XXL in some stores means as big as your fist! the thighs thing drives me insanee because everything is so expensive now its just crazy you can have a good pair of pants for a few weeks and then they have holes :thumbup: I hate blue jeans as well no fun they never fit and if they do they hurt me and belts are hard to find and I like the belts that kids my age wear with the little square beads on them but theres no point in getting one when for one you dont need a belt, two they dont make them your size and three even if they did no one would see it under my fat =/ hopefully soon i wont have to worry! :tt2:

I can relate to all these things. Here's some of mine:

I won't miss

...watching myself (with shame) waddle up to the glass doors at the stores.

...climbing the steps on all fours

...changing my clothes four times because I'm uncomfortable in everything! And of course being winded afterward.

..."shapewear" You might think nobody wears girdles or longline bras anymore. I don't think it really makes an inch of difference though, but it does disguise a few bulges

...not being able to tuck in a blouse or wear a belt because I have no waistline

...taking my measurements only to find the middle number is the largest

...grabbing the nearest child to stand behind for family pictures

...having my 83 year old father-in-law give me his hand to help me get out of the car

...having the entire group wait for me to get up the hill or the steps.

...taking a whole handful of pills every morning. And I don't even want to tell you what a trip to the drugstore costs!

Thanks for this thread. Kinda makes me realize the cost and complications of staying the same are far more than I realized. I have a lot to look forward to! :tt2:

I love this thread. I am 6 weeks post-op and I can't wait to miss some of those things. What I won't miss:

3. Crying because strangers ask me when I am expecting and having to choke away tears/embarrassment when I tell them I am not.

Bless your heart - luckily I've never had that happen. If it ever happens again, just make up a date 2 months out. Screw them!

I did have a friend's 3 year old say, "You have a big tummy." "Yes, baby, I know."

Edited by SickNTired

I won't miss people jumping up off of "my" easy chair because the cushion is deeply shaped by my butt and horribly uncomfortable for them. I'm treating myself/them to a new comfy chair that my much smaller butt won't ruin for all of us!

Thanks SickNTired. I have thought about saying I am due in "insert month here" but it takes me back everytime someone says it. The last time it happened, when I told my hubby what the lady had said, he wanted to track her down and give her a piece of his mind, but I told him to let it go. I won't look pregnant much longer!!! Thanks for your support. Good luck with the surgery.

weight.png

You too! There are so many things I can't wait to give up and so many things I can't wait to do! :-D

This is great motivation. I won't miss sweating whether or not the seat belt will buckle in the airplane seat. I used to need an extension but now am just under the borderline. I am looking forward to comfortably fitting into a small bathtub and not worrying about whether or not I can get in or out. I want to buy normal size clothes and cute shoes.

*Feeling like I have to buy at least one of the items I took with me into the change room so I don't endure the walk of shame that nothing fit.

*Buying clothes without trying them on just so I don't have to do that.

* The dread of the person at the checkout holding up the pants I'm buying and stretching out the entire width of them to fold them with others in the lineup.

*Girls giving my sexy husband that "You are with her"? look.

* People being afraid to even make eye contact with me - as if being fat is a catching disease

* Knowing that my husband can't lift me.

* Avoiding lawn chairs and other various plastic furniture.

* The snickers and gawks of people when we go out to dinner.< /p>

* Going into a regular-sized clothing store to by something for a friend and being sneered at.

* The way the car shifts to the left when I get in.

* People laughing at the way the car shifts.

* Wondering if my seatbelt will fit today.

* Having to ask for a table in restaurants because I can't fit in a booth, even though booths are much more comfy.

* Walking around the apartment complex and not being yelled and heckled at by the drunk college kids.

* Spending $40+ for a shirt from Lane Bryant

* Stuffing my size 3-4x upper body into a size 2x polo because the work shirts only go up to 2x.

*About a million other things.

* Having to ask for a table in restaurants because I can't fit in a booth, even though booths are much more comfy.

I can really relate to this one. There was a time a few months ago when I went out to a local restaurant with some family, and it was really busy at the time. So we had to wait to be seated, and they seated us at a booth. I can't even describe how I felt having to go back from the booth to the front to wait for a table to open because I couldn't fit in the booth.

Other things I won't miss:

* Trying to squeeze onto my seat at a concert so that I don't take too much of the person next to me's, though I do anyway

* Only being able to shop at Casual Male for clothes

* Having to spend $50 for jeans or $30 for shirts at Casual Male

* Having those $50 jeans rip within a couple months

* Not being able to find a partner when breaking into groups in a class. Apparently no one wants to work with the fat guy.

* Not having a romantic life

* Trying to put the car seat belt under my gut a bit so that I'll be able to hook it

I think making this list is confirming that yes, I absolutely need to get banded. :)