Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't/don't miss about being Obese

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! it;s so nice to know other poeple 'get it'! here are some of the things I won't miss (bear with me there are a lot!)

-wearing regual breif panties and they look like a thong:bored:

-bra extenders

-Lane Bryant

-only picking out cute clothes for my sis-in-law cuz they fit her and not me

-the looks skinny girls give me because they don't get why my hott hubby is with ME.

-the pretty face comments.

-losing 20lbs and not being able to tell.

-people giving me dieting advice when I didn't ask for it.

-Childern asking me if I have a baby in my tummy

-needing momentum to get out of chairs or sofa

-not being able to see my belly button under all my fat rolls

-swimming fully clothes because I won't go near swimsuits

-always sitting with a pillow in front of me to cover the fat rolls.

-finding random peices of food stuck to my body when undressing beacuse they fell down my boobs and i didn't notice. (soooo not sexy)

-being refered to as the 'bigger girl' when people describe me.

-feeling like a line backer

-crying in dressing rooms because nothing fits

-feeling like it's my fault that I misscarried twice.

-reffering to skinny people as skinny people as apposed to just... people

-the panic attack when you try something on and it get's 'stuck' when you try to get it off...

-flooding the bathroom when I get into a tub full of Water

-feeling I'm a skinny person in my head then seeing the awfull truth on a daily basis.

-my family ALWAYS saying "have you lost weight?" when they see me ever if I GAINED weight.

-poeple rolling their eyes at me when I order a salad, like I'm not allowed to like salad cuz I'm fat...

Anyhow there are a ton more but those are some of the bigger ones! I can't wait untill I get bannded!!!!!

I love this post. Everything mentioned does pertain to me...just a couple to add:

Hiding while indulging a candy bar

hearing my belly flap against my theighs every time I walk

new sexual positions...bend me like a rubberband!

omg, too funny... i was laughing so hard when i read this that i cried! i'm totally with you on the rubberband sex :blush:

Edited by Babe

Hey great things,

I won't miss people staring at me when I'm shopping

The clerks in the department stores ignorning me and asking the person "behind" me if they want help. What am I f##king invisible...I think NOT!!!!

Getting rashes in the summer under my boobs and having my legs rub together

Not finding any bathing suit that remotely looks good

What I am enjoying now

Crossing my legs comfortably for the first time in years.

Sitting cross legged

seeing my toes

able to run up and down the stairs at home without breathing hard

Shopping for "normal sized" clothing. I am in size 14 pants and 18 tops at this moment

In the future

Slinky red dresses and high heeled red shoes

slinky black dresses and high heeled black shoes

LOL I see a pattern there...LOL

Going swimming in a cute little tankini next summer

and not feeling like I have to hide in a mumu

Good luck to you all....

Happy Thanksgiving

A friend told me yesterday that while she was getting a pedicure the evening before, the nail technician -- whom she had never met before -- began to extol the virtues of gastric bypass and asked if she had ever considered it. I was appalled.

At any rate, I will not miss:

Alway, always, always wearing a blazer, sweater or sweater vest to try to disguise as much as possible. And yes, sadly, I realize it doesn't work.

I will not miss:

Alway, always, always wearing a blazer, sweater or sweater vest to try to disguise as much as possible. And yes, sadly, I realize it doesn't work.

I can SO relate to this.

wow i agree with so many of these

-having to always to wear a jacket even thou i live in California and its 100 degrees out

-only able to take pictures from the neck up so i dont have to see all my roles

-making holes in pants from thighs rubbing

-getting the biggest size in all stores

-being a mouth breather

-not being able to walk up my stairs and being winded afterwards

-looking around to hope im not the fattest girl

-not ever having a boyfriend because guys just dont see my physically attractive

- people comparing me to my skinner sister

-my family always telling me they worry about my health

-my mom moderating everything i eat

-my dad yelling at me because i'm not fast enough when we hike

-when going cloth shopping my friends buy clothes and i have to get jewelry because the clothes don't fit me.

I love this post. Everything mentioned does pertain to me...just a couple to add:

Hiding while indulging a candy bar

hearing my belly flap against my theighs every time I walk

Hey, aren't we all waiting for that day? LOL:blush::tt2:B):sad::cursing::cool2:

I, too, now have found myself laughing, crying, and nodding in agreement to all 18 pages of this post. It's nice to know we all understand each other and really aren't alone in this weight battle. Here are a few things I won't miss in the future:

-Always pulling my shirt down to hide my hanging belly

-Holding my head up a little extra to reduce my chin size

-Shaving off facial hair that I now grow because being overweight has messed up my hormones (my doc is thinking PCOS, which is cured by LOSING weight of course!)

-Feeling suffocated when I clip my toenails

-Feeling like a contortionist trying to figure out how to pull up pantyhose

-Having to use baby powder under my boobs and all my rolls so they won't get rashes

-Being told I have a pretty face

-Being told I seem so confident "for my size"

-Being told it doesn't matter that I'm bigger

-Being the biggest girl in my group of friends

-Fearing I'll pass on my weight issues to my daughter

There are so many things to look forward to...

-Feeling feminine

-Feeling pretty just because I am (not "for a fat girl")

-Finally being pretty, smart, confident, and have a HOT bod too!

-Knowing I'll "fit" anywhere

-Crossing my arms and legs comfortably

-Shopping for any clothes I want

-Being an inspiration to others!

I wont miss

the couch

feeling tired all of the time

only one comfortable sex position

being unable to ride rollercosters

being hungry all of the time

being unable to have children because of all of the fat

not getting jobs because of the weight

Like so many others, I've related, smiled, and sighed because so many of these things are true. This is an awesome thread.

I will not miss pulling off certain pairs of knee high socks only to find they have left impressions, dents, where they touched the tops of my legs. (They don't go up to the knee, like they're supposed to.)

I won't miss the self-consciousness I feel when I walk to the bank with my roommate and can't wait to get to the light, so I can stop to rest, then to the bank so I can stop to rest, then back home, so I can stop to rest.

I won't miss hearing myself breathing hard after these walks, or any time I'm with friends and try not to let them know just how out of breath I am.

I won't miss wondering just how people really see me, and what they're saying when I leave a room.

I won't miss, as someone else said, swollen ankles and legs an hour after I get up.

I won't miss the feeling that I'm taking up more than my share of space when I'm in a car, and how clumsy I feel trying to get out of one.

I can't wait to go skating again, sit in the middle seat in a car, or on an airplane, being able to walk and talk without feeling like I'm dying. And so many more things that have been written here.

Edited by serenity55

One thing I don't miss....having to say "two-hundred...." for my weight. As of today, I'm in onderland!

363 days ago, I went to the mandatory seminar for getting banded - the info session. At that time, I weighed 339 pounds and was miserable - suffering from all the things you've listed in this list, plus diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol. Now, a year later, 7 months after being banded, I'm still 'obese' but on my way to being 'just overweight' and soon thereafter, hopefully, "normal." And I've said goodbye to "super morbid obesity" forever. My list of things I won't miss has turned into "things I don't miss." Sure, I still have 60 pounds to go...but that's a managable number for me. And even if I don't make it to my goal, I am feeling fantastic, don't have those medical conditions anymore, and my life has changed dramatically.

So, for all you out there who long for the day you can say goodbye to the obese lifestyle, I'm living proof it CAN be done!!! I'm no different that any of you...it takes committment and hard work, following the rules, and the band can be the tool to get you where you want to be!

Addition to my previous post:

I won't miss trying on blouses and wondering if I'm going to have to get a sales associate to help me take it back off.

Went to get a blouse for the church choir special and got "stuck" in a blouse I thought I could wear.

Deb

I'm brand new here and just starting to get things going.

Things I won't miss:

The "WOMEN'S" and "PLUS SIZE" sections in every store.

Wearing all black all the time (it's slimming right?).

Being jealous of all my very thin friends.

Sucking my stomache in.

Getting tired too easily.

And the most I won't miss just happened a couple days ago. A kid in my daughter's Kinder class told her "your Mom is fat", and it seriously almost killed me. :cursing:

Lana