Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Visit with Plastic Surgeon....journey has begun

Becky---it took my insurance company almost 5 weeks to get me approved. They claimed for over 3 weeks that they had not received it yet----then when they acknowledged getting it, they told me to call back every other day and tell the person, that I had a case in review and I needed a status update--2nd call they told me it had been approved!!!

My pics.....I was allowed to keep my bra on. And I wore my own panties, pulled down past the roll of skin. He took every angle known to mankind!!! I actually had a bleeding tear of the skin during the appointment, so he took close ups of it. He documented muscle tone in the rest of my body---actually measured and had me flex my calf muscle to show I was "in shape" except for my belly. He actually took pictures from the back to show my hips, butt, and thighs were totally in contrast with the problem of the stomach.

He sent 17 photos and 10 pages of documentation to my insurance. So once they began working on it--it approved quickly!!! BUT it was over a month. I imagine it was awhile leaving the Dr.'s office to put together a packet like that.

I am scheduled for May 20th-----later than I hoped, but worth it anyway!!! Insurance approved for a Full Tummy Tuck, with Mons Lift, and Lipo. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys---I know where you are!!

Kat

Y'all are the best! Kat and Steph, I'm so happy for both of you. I sure hope that I can make it the 3 Musketers soon! I'm so excited for you two and I know that y'all have to be both excited and nervous at the same time but I know it's a great feeling!

Becky I would call the insurance co. just to see where it sits. You have every right to call so just do it :smile2:

I am excited. I went grocery shopping this evening, I got enough for 2 weeks, alot of frozen stuff that dd and dh can do without my help. I've got the laundry just about done up and my floors clean... Just a few more days...woohoo!

I got the never to call my insurance company and of course they didn't have a decision yet. I guess I'm just being a bit impatient but I told them I was going to be calling a lot and check on it. Maybe they'll get tired of me being a pain in the butt and just stamp approved on my file and get me out of their hair! I've always heard the squeaky wheel get oiled, well all I can say is....pass me that oil as soon as possible! My coworkers are throwing me a 3 year bandiversary party on Thursday, it's supposed to be a surprise but my sister spilled the Beans. They are the ones that have to try and keep me on track waiting for the insurance decision so I guess they thought I needed a party to perk up my spirits. Wouldn't it be awesome if a miracle happened and my insurance company kicked it into high gear and I got my approval and I could share that with everyone at my party that day. I'm blessed to have coworkers that support me so much and equally blessed to have all of y'all cheering me on. You guys rock!!!!!!!!

Hey Becky! I read your post and the fact that you've lost that amount of weight is truly phenominal!

I am also a lap-bander and had my band put in about a year and a half ago. I have lost 100 pounds and feel amazing.

I am a junior @ UNT and am majoring in journalism. For one of my journalism classes I am writing my final paper about lap-band and need some quotes from people like you who have had the surgery done. I am especially interested in saying something about the plastic surgery, and would love anything you could say.

My professor requires that we get our contacts' full names, age, phone number and hometown purely for reference, so if you would be interested in sending me some of your thoughts, I'd need that as well. You can email me @ elizgillette09@yahoo.com as I know it's fishy to put up personal information on the web.

Thank you!! And congratulations!!!

Becky don't worry about being a pain in the butt. I would call them twice a week. I did call them twice a week. I was told by one of them at the insurance co that they appove it within a day so then I gave them 3 days... lol .. I was afraid I was getting on their nerves but hey they approved me! I'm still praying for you.

The girl I spoke with at the insurance company was the one who told me to call every other day. She said once it goes to determination of qualification--that each time someone checks on it, it brings it up to the top of the que again.....

In the end, it went fast---getting it there was what took forever! She suggested that to me on Monday, and it was approved that week!

Call Away!!!! Be pleasant--but call. The first time I called, I had a legitimate question for them....I had ended up with another tear, and did not know if I needed to go in for documentation, and if so who I should see, my primary or the PS. She noted it, and said for the time being see who I usually saw, which was my PCP, and then as we talked, she is the one who told me to call back on Wed. then again on Fri. EACH week. Because they are instructed to tell you that once it is received it could be 3-5 weeks before determination is made. It took less than 3 days!!! At least less than 3 days from my phone call--it may have taken the 3-5 weeks if it had not been pulled from the depths.....

CALL!!!

Kat

Kat....I'm giving my insurance company another week and then I plan on calling them every other day and checking on it. If being persistent helps with the approval, then I'll be more persistent than I've ever been in my life. I can't believe how badly I want this. Who the heck ever thought going under the knife could be something someone wants this much????? Thanks all of you once again for the fantastic support cause right now, I need it. I'm not kidding when I say this is about all I can think about. I had a dream about it the other night so maybe that was a good omen that my dream will come true and my insurance will give me the thumbs up!

To keep everyone updated, I just talked with my plastic surgeon's office and they said they didn't even submit my paperwork to the insurance company until April 30th so that really bummed me out. But I still plan on calling my insurance company every other day and just check with them. It sure can't hurt, well I hope it doesn't. I just hope to hear something soon so I can quit worrying about approval or not and switch my worrying over to having the actual surgery! I so want this especially after seeing how great Steph already looks.

oh Becky - thank you! I'm still praying for your approval. I just feel its gonna happen for you. I know how you feel I was there and its so hard to sit back and wait. Needless to say I didn't. I called, at least 2x a week. Don't worry about being a pain, just keep calling until you get the answer that you want.

Steph, thank you so much for your encouragement. All of y'all to be exact! For some reason when I read this post, I just started crying. It so helps to have people share this with that know exactly how badly I want and need this surgery. I hate looking in the mirror after losing so much weight and being disgusted by what I see. OK, pity party over, I just have to think positive that my insurance will approve me! Take care Steph and continue to feel better every day!