Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just wondering how many of your truely exercise like they tell you too? Our Phys Therapist was a boderline B**** and almost talked down to us. So, I was just curious as to how long and how ofter you exercise and what results you are having. I know it is important and the reasons behind them wanting you to do it, just curious.

Thanks,

I do. I found that it really helps with the weight loss. For me, the weight was harder to lose, so the exercise definitely boosts it. I exercise 6 days a week for 1-2 hours each day.

I just started walking and working with weights 3 weeks ago and started drinking homemade smoothies for Breakfast and after all that time the scale is now starting to move. I hadn't real lost any weight in a couple of months according to my scale at home (I think it may be a little off) but since I've started walking and using the weights I've been losing a couple of pounds each week.

In my opinion I wish I would have put all the exercise equipment that I have to good use and then maybe my weight loss totals would have looked better, but I'm not going to worry myself with it, I'm just going to enjoy the here and the now. I've been actually enjoying walking. I find that if I change clothes as soon as I get home and walk that I can stick with it and I feel better. Oh yeah I just started walking for 15 to 20 minutes each morning at work (power walking) before it gets hot out.

How does the old addage go? "Do as I say not as I do."

I have yet to start any formal exercise routine though I do meet with another lapband friend and walk once a week at a local mall. Depending on how much shopping we do we tend to walk between 2-4 miles. And whenever she backs out with another commitment I tend to go for a massage instead of a walk. So much for my own commitment

However, I am MUCH more active than I use to be. I have a desk job and can remember intentionally setting things aside that would require my getting up and walking a mere 10 paces across the room just so I wouldn't have to get up and down more than necessary. Now I've changed jobs and work on the second floor and instead of looking for ways not to walk across the room I actually go out of my way to find excuses to go up and down the stairs. Some days I even keep a little sticky note next to my desk and try track how many times I've gone up and down in a day. I probably average 15, I think my record is only 35 times, but how many people can say they have gone up and down 35 flights of stairs in one day, or even 15 for that matter?

Still the bandsters I've known that have incorporated regular regimented exercise into their weekly routine have lost the weight faster than I and I strongly believe that is the way to go. Eventually I know I will join that gym horde myself but for now I will just keep ticking off my trips up and down stairs and weekly walks at the mall.

Before being banded, I asked a lot of questions on this site, and one of the questions I asked, was "what they would do differently". 99% of the people said that they would have exercised in the beginning vs waiting until they lost some weight.

I took that advice to heart, so I started exercising in the very beginning, and it paid off. I lost very quickly in the first 6 months. I am now about 15 months out and the past 6 months I have been recoverying from a knee surgery due to a fall I had on vacation, well, the exercise has been very slim, and so has my weightloss.

I recently (the past 2 weeks) have made it back to the gym 6 days a week now, and I can already tell the difference. Exercise for me is the key to losing, without I just stall.

Edited by Sunshine2

...In my opinion I wish I would have put all the exercise equipment that I have to good use and then maybe my weight loss totals would have looked better, but I'm not going to worry myself with it, I'm just going to enjoy the here and the now. I've been actually enjoying walking...

Ditto that. I will say the treadmill is still a chore. I really only enjoy walking when there is something to watch going by, even a TV doesn't really help. But when I walk with my friend at the mall, it amazes me how quickly 2 hours and 4+ miles can go by.

I try to, I really do - but I find myself waivering and not doing it again. I go to Curves but really don't like it so I am going to see if I can find another outlet of exercise that I do enjoy. I am currently looking into doing something like Water exercises (gotta find swimsuit first haha) and I hope that is something I can stick to as I do love the water.

Well, I'm doing stuff 6 days a week. 3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio interval training. I will tell you, though, sometimes it is a pain in the arse. Seriously, though, if you really want to see results, don't slack. The more muscle you have or work, the more fat you will burn and ultimately be happy.

I am at the gym about 5 times a week. at least an hour each time. I do the Elliptical for 60 minutes up to 4 miles now. *toot toot* sorry

then every other day I lift weights after I do the elliptical.

I am much more active then I used to be.

So I am glad I am doing what I do I believe it will pay off for me.

I try to, I really do - but I find myself waivering and not doing it again. I go to Curves but really don't like it so I am going to see if I can find another outlet of exercise that I do enjoy. I am currently looking into doing something like Water exercises (gotta find swimsuit first haha) and I hope that is something I can stick to as I do love the Water.< /div>

Ang, what didn't you like about Curves? I just joined and am hoping this will kick start me, as I've been losing/gaining the same 3 pounds the past 2.5 months. I haven't exercised prior to this, so I'm hoping this will get me going...

Was it the people, the place or the program? Just curious since I'm just starting there...:lol:

I have been a member of Curves for 4 years now and love it. I think now that I have the lapband it is only going to help me! Where else can you workout in 30 minutes and work all of the muscles you need to ?? I love it! I have tried other places and Curves just works so much better for me!

I don't exercise regularly and have still lost 75% of my weight. About 5 months ago I did have a personal trainer for about 12 weeks and did lose more weight. I am totally fine with just losing slowly given the fact that I don't exercise.