Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I need a refresher guys!

Ok so let me give you a little background and explanation. I was banded in Sept. 04. I did great and lost 100+ pounds and was still losing steadily for about 2 years. Then I got a really bad bug and had to be unfilled completely. My doctor wanted to make sure all was well and I was unfilled for right at a year. So I'm just now back on the bandwagon and trying to do this right again. It's amazing how much your body changes as you get older and the weight isn't coming off as easily as last time.

So the question I'm posing is: Is it the calories I need to watch a day? I know I need at least 60 to 65 grams of Protein a day, which I'm getting thanks to powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, which I love!!! I have also been using this wonderful website food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate which you put in your height, weight, how much you want to loose a week, etc. and it tells you how many calories you can have a day. Then you put in your exercise and lifestyle, which I really like and then you just track yourself.

But what I want to know is should the calories be what I'm watching more so than anything else or do you think I should be keeping a closer eye on something else?

Any help would be great..I'm doing great with the calories and all that, protein, Vitamins, and around 48 to 64 ounces of Water a day, thanks to Crystal light, but the carbs concern me...they are super easy for me to eat (I'm a potato addict)..so I'm trying to stay away from them but you know, apparently I'm still having lots of carbs...

I know I'm rambling, sorry :scared2: Let me know what you all think! :sad_smile:

I have had to really watch the carbs, calories (800-1200 per day) and bust my tail at the gym. I know that every person is different, but this is what is working for me!

I have had to really watch the carbs, calories (800-1200 per day) and bust my tail at the gym. I know that every person is different, but this is what is working for me!

She speaks the truth...aaaaaaaaaaand begin. ^_^

Yep, carbs are now the sworn enemy of the banded--Protein intake is 60-80 grams daily. Don't forget your Flintstones chewable Vitamin and chewable Calcium (or Tums EX).

1/2 to 3/4 cup of food for each meal should fill you up (once you get some fills in), and Water, Water, water! (I've just read where you should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water a day--egads!)

Stock up your cans of tuna and chicken, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, and refried Beans, m'dear!

A hearty welcome back!!^_^

Edited by make33

a couple tips:

1) watch overall calories. burn more than you consume

2) most of your calories should come from lean Protein. eating fat makes it deposit directly. eating carbs spikes your blood sugar which makes that turn into ft quickly. eating lean Protein "fires up" your metabolism. ask any athlete or body builder

3) exercise exercise exercise- shoot for 40 minutes of cardio 4x week. get your heart rate up. that will "spark" fat burning. you can even try weights a couple times week (low weights and high reps), since building muscle increases your metabolism, since muscle is living tissue and burns calories 24/7.

we know you can do it, we're here for y ou! best of luck and success.:biggrin::tongue:

totally off question here... but with the unjury... how do you mix it? I am about to purchase the sample packets but wondered how many scoops equal a drink and do you mix it with Water or ff milk? Thanks!

totally off question here... but with the unjury... how do you mix it? I am about to purchase the sample packets but wondered how many scoops equal a drink and do you mix it with Water or ff milk? Thanks!

I loooovveee Unjury! It's my Breakfast every morning since I'm not a morning eater! I love the vanilla mixed into some skim milk or soy milk, it tastes like a vanilla milkshake that's actually good for you! I just take a cup of skim milk and dump a scoop (the scooper comes in the container, or one packet if your getting the sample packs) and just stir it up and away you go! Unjury also has super high Protein (21 grams per little packet) chicken Soup, it's just healthy stock pretty much, but if your especially tight one day it's a great alternative!

I think a lot of people mix their unjury with Water, but I just can't do it. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the plain, it's ok, just not as good as the vanilla, and the chocolate is good, just a bit odd....so I stick with my standby and I'm good to go!

a couple tips:

1) watch overall calories. burn more than you consume

2) most of your calories should come from lean Protein. eating fat makes it deposit directly. eating carbs spikes your blood sugar which makes that turn into ft quickly. eating lean Protein "fires up" your metabolism. ask any athlete or body builder

3) exercise exercise exercise- shoot for 40 minutes of cardio 4x week. get your heart rate up. that will "spark" fat burning. you can even try weights a couple times week (low weights and high reps), since building muscle increases your metabolism, since muscle is living tissue and burns calories 24/7.

we know you can do it, we're here for you! best of luck and success.:thumbup::tt1:

Thanks so much for the refresher, you guys are the best! Now the 40 minutes of cardio 4x a week might kill me right now but I am walking every other day or so for 45 mins to an hour, I need to start slower and build myself up...341.5 pounds doesn't love cardio or move so swiftly and especially not hard cardio and weights right off the bat...but I am getting my butt moving which I figure is where I start!

Part of my problem is a couple of years ago I was younger and the weight just came off by itself and I didn't have to do much...well that's definitely not the case now <bummer>!

Ok question? I thought if you burned more than you took in that your body went into starvation mode and that made it harder to loose?

Thanks again for all your help guys!!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!!:smile: